PDA

View Full Version : Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

stinkyattic
02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Robert42 stuck this list from NORML in medicinal...Thanks Robert42... thought I'd stick it here as well since this is where so many people have questions!

Also, I'd like to keep on compiling ths list... so if you have a condition and find certain strains to work, please post them!
:D

Afghooie x Haze
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Alien Train Wreck
Asthma

Auntie Em
Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis

Blue Fruit
Crohn's Disease, Muscle Spasms

Catalyst
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Dynamite
Asthma, Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis C

Sour Diesel
Edema, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Radiolopathy

Green Queen
Epilepsy, Neck / Spine Pain

Jack Herer
Anxiety, Fibromyalgia

Lollipop
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Edema, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Nausea, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Medicine Woman
Diabetic Neuropathy, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Radiolopathy

New York Diesel
Migraine Headaches

Northern Lights
Anxiety, Radiolopathy

Northern Lights / Jamaican
Arthritis

Original Mystic
Epilepsy

Phaght Betty
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Queen Bee Neck / Spine Pain

Sensi Star
Migraine Headaches

Snow White Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Sweet Blu Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Edema, Fibromyalgia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Neck / Spine Pain

Train Wreck
Anxiety, Arthritis, Diabetic Neuropathy

TX
Arthritis, Asthma, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Multiple Sclerosis

White Widow
Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

These were Robert42's suggestions for treating anxiety:
Afghan Kush, Romulan, Mind Bender, Legends Ulitimate Indica, Super Skunk #1

And I would like to add Afghani Dream to the anti-anxiety list!

slave2thagroov
02-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Dragon(SuperSilverHazexSweetSkunkxPNWBigBud)
-Anxiety, laziness lol!!, pain relief

Lemon Diesel
-insomnia, pain relief

Sour Bubble(Sour DxBubble Gum)
-anxiety, muscle spasms, headache, nausea, general stomach ailments

BlackLites(BlackDominaxNoLights)
-anxiety, general pain, stomach ailments

great thread Stinky-keep'em comin folks.

robert42
02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
hey thnkx for acknolegding that, i hope this list goes well

:)

pastor420
02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Stinky, this is a wonderful resource! Now I'll be able to give an answer next time I'm asked.:thumbsup:

stinkyattic
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey it was robert42 who posted it originally; I just put it here where growers could find it, thank him!

robert42
02-13-2007, 10:28 PM
no need to thank me ;) thank NORML infact THANK GOD! HE MADE POT :p

JackdaWack
02-13-2007, 11:47 PM
seriously, say good by to pharmicies.

robert42
02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
please add to the list, this threead should b a sticky the same questions are often asked :)

budsmoker only
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
damn thats tight, when i start growin im gonna have to look into some shit that helps arthiritis... thank you

beautiful disaster
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the great info! this list is very helpful. :)

stinkyattic
07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
I wanted to bump this thread to see if any of the relative newcomers had anything to add to it.

Chronisseur
07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Strawberry cough works well for gastroenteritis (as well as menstual cramps I imagine.)and ADD.

I've HEARD that some strains of Kush have excellent anti-inflammatory effects??True?False?

stinkyattic
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Nice, keep em comin' peeps.
I'm currently looking for readily-available strains to help with MS.

I'm also looking for anyone who has successfully used any of the following for med purposes, and what you liked them for:

Bogglegum
MTF
Pure Power Plant
SourBubble
Jillybean
Hindu Kush
Skunk#1
Toxic Lemon (or Killer Queen)
Sweet Tooth
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
SAGE
Trainwreck
OG Kush
Afghani Dream
SmashBerry (or either of its ancestors Purple Kush or Hash Plant)
Bubblegum (preferably the BOG version, BogBubble)

Any insight you could give me would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am only just getting into working with medical potential of these wonderful strains.

WildFire.ca
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
nice list thanks

Chronisseur
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
My experience with NL leads me to believe it may be quite effective against PTSD, anxiety, and depression. It seems to have a very "mentally stabilizing" effect.

Chronisseur
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Here is a quote from Hilary Black of the British Columbia Compassion Society:

"Indica and Sativa are the two main varieties of the cannabis plant used as medicine. There are many strains that are crosses of those two varieties. Within each of those varieties and crosses there are a huge number of individual strains, each with a different cannabinoid profile and effect. According to anecdotal evidence, the Indica strains are a relaxant, effective for anxiety, pain, nausea, appetite stimulation, sleep, muscle spasms and tremors, among other symptoms. The Sativa strains are more of a stimulant, effective in appetite stimulation, relieving depression, migraines, pain and nausea. We are now aware of specific strains that are effective for specific conditions and symptoms."

stinkyattic
08-01-2007, 01:44 PM
While doing a little research of my own, I came across the information that for muscle (including muscle-related back) pain, indicas are preferable, while for pain associated with nerve damage/degeneration, sativas are effective.
I also found the of the commonly available strains, Pure Power Plant and Haze work well for nerve pain.

Oh So Grow So
08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Great thread stinky! :thumbsup:

stinkyattic
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Landed another one via a friend in the know:
Ortega and her descendants as anti-inflammatory.
This includes Black Domina and much of Subcool's gene pool as far as I can understand.

curious101
08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Well on my last grow (1st) my favorite plant was the Skunk #1...i struggle with anxiety and panic attacks but when i smoke this stuff i'm very cerebral and outgoing...barely have any left (just one lil bud) because it worked so well i couldn't keep my hands outta the jar...currently working with some Hashberry and Ak-48...let you know how they turn out medicinally :thumbsup:

curious101
08-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I had a very indica dominant pheno in this pack that was also great for anxiety and yielded pretty well...forgot to mention it cuz its a freebie but it also did wonders for my anxiety...the sativa pheno i had was absolutely horrific tho in terms of anxiety causing it to sky rocket out of control...so basically the NLx indica-pheno from Grow Shop Alien

Tea Party
08-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Any suggestions for ADHD type disorders for those who might be having a hard time getting through Robert Clarke's Marijuana Botany and continue to opt for M*A*S*H reruns or High Times back issues?...or for those who need to numb their physical pain, but also have big physical chores to do and cannot seem to have the endurance to keep moving for long periods on their current couchlock medicine?:(

Tea Party
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
"I'm currently looking for readily-available strains to help with MS." --Stinky Attic

Stinky: I do not know about MJ for MS, but Dr. Andrew Weil had a case study in one of his books about a woman with MS who took the Ayurvedic herb Ashwaganda and it helped her a great deal. I do not have MS, but I take Ashwaganda powder daily in my juice. It smooths out my twitches and it also tastes really good (if you are into earthy powders). You can usually tell by the taste or smell if something has healing powers. It would probably be nice mixed into baked goods.

stinkyattic
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
That is interesting. I will talk to the caregiver with whom I am in contact about that.
I'm glad to see that you've stopped by this thread... any misconceptions as to your previous identity may have arisen from the timing of your arrival coupled with a few instances where you (like the person with whom you are being confused) referred to himself in the third person...
I'm not sure if I follow your method for determining whether something has healing powers, however.

Tea Party
08-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Yes, third person, well...just paranoid. I try not to admit to unlawful what-nots in the first person (even under an assumed name). Lame attempt to protect myself from eyes that might incriminate me, I know. I have been unable to sleep with the thought that you figured me a DEA agent or some such.

On the other point--I am not a medical doctor or a healer, so I would warn all against using my methods...but nature does seem to make poison and the like taste awful, while making beneficial things taste/smell good--not always, but sometimes. There are quite a few healing herbs that taste like poison! I was mainly refering to the taste/smell of Marijuana and how nicely the healing powers coincide. I imagine your attic has healing powers and it probably smells/tastes pretty good.

stinkyattic
08-10-2007, 12:56 PM
...you figured me a DEA agent or some such.

. I imagine your attic has healing powers and it probably smells/tastes pretty good.

DEA Agent? Not at all, I had you pegged for Leon Diggs. Take it as a mixed compliment; for all his vanity, the kid was whip-smart and funny as a barrel of monkeys playing Twister.

The attic is intended to be full of healing things. Thus this thread. So far I've got insomnia and anxiety covered... and lookin' to expand.

mikos
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Well I hope that Dynamite doesn't blow my HCV infected liver hehe..
nice :)

sarah louise
12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi Stinky, I don't know if you are interested in this sort of info for your list, I am diagnosed with both PTSD and Bipolar Disorder 1 and use cannabis in place of the psychiatrist's prescribed benzodiazepines.

I'd recommend Aurora Indica for one off heavy sedative (eg. wiping out emotional distress associated with flash backs, persistent intrusive thoughts, motor restlessness and agitation, primarily acute PTSD related symptoms).

Afghan, as a hash fortified, warm milk drink before bed, brilliant for a good long sleep.

I've also found cannabis good for toning down the presentation of irritability, I don't have any particular strain recommendation. I grow a much less potent, no name sativa dominant, that I can smoke without turning into a vegetable for the day. It gives me enough insulation, without being obviously stoned, to be able to go to work and function around 'other people' without appearing aggressive or overly critical.

sara lou :hippy:

stinkyattic
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow,
Thank you Sarah Lou. I was actually about to re-visit this thread with a suspicion that my former boss is now suffering from PTSD. I saw him yesterday for the first time in over 3 months; he recently lost his wonderful wife to cancer after fighting it for a span of nearly 20 years and 3 full courses of chemo and 2 surgeries. He's on a pretty harsh antidepressant now and says that he's been unable to sleep, lost a ton of weight, can't stop pacing and blaming himself for not doing enough (the guy's a saint; this is illogical) to the point where he has lost the ability to function at work and says he's having a hard time reading and can't write coherently. This is a guy with a doctorate, too. I think the catastrophic loss of mental acuity is making him even more miserable.
I don't know much about PTSD, but watching him yesterday unable to even decide where to have lunch without having to pace for a few minutes, then coming up looking distraught and having reached no decision, and apologizing for it, I'm wondering if the diagnosis of simple depression was accurate, and feeling CERTAIN that if anything, an anti-anxiety med would have been more appropriate as a start.
I talked to him a while about smoking herb and offered him my emergency joint that I keep on me at all times to deal with panic attacks, and he said he'd already promised himself that he'd never 'smoke dope' again. I told him that I understood his desire to stay away from recreational pot smoking, but that it was the difference between someone taking oxycontin after a surgery, and someone crushing it and shoving it up their nose for 'fun', and that I found that cannabis was effective for me at least against panic attacks at doses that still left me functional and that I would consider sub-recreational.
He looked like he was chewing it over but didn't take it. I put it in an envelope and stapled it shut, and thumbtacked it to my bulletin board in case he changes his mind. I hope he does. He's a brilliant man and I hate to see him like this.
I gotta get my hands on AI or some closely-related strain.

glazzkak
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
great info...i hope and pray minnesota will pass the law this year so i can get some of those crohn's disease and anxiety strains...until then we smoke what we can find

Mr. Clandestine
12-08-2007, 05:12 AM
Great thread, Robert & Stinky! I saw something similar to this a while back (I think from a seed dispensary), but it was far from complete...and only recognized the strains that they carried.

Now, for my :twocents::

I've also suffered from bipolar disorder for much of my life, and have tried every known medication (mainstream & experimental) to try and combat my affliction. Of course, none of the medications were ever able to completely alleviate the problem. Some just reduced the mania a little better than others, but practically all of them came with unwanted side-effects.

That being said, I've found that almost all varieties of cannabis alleviate my major symptoms better than my old medications. But, Afghan Kush, seems to top the entire list for some reason when I feel a manic episode coming on. Perhaps because of its heavy narcotic stone?

Another thing...my wife suffers from PMDD. She is adamant about the beneficial properties of White Rhino and White Widow in helping to alleviate her most severe symptoms.

Don't know if this is coincidental, or may bear some weight...but I thought I'd mention it.

Take care.

stinkyattic
12-08-2007, 11:40 AM
It bears a lot of weight. Enough anecdotal evidence becomes fact over time.
For example, the Afghani influence is heavy in the strains I've successfully used to replace my own psych meds. We're coming to an agreement that it's got high medicinal value.

budl0v3r
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I've really only been a rec smoker, but have tried pot to alleviate my worser bouts of depression. Most of the strains I've had were very unsuccessful, actually going as far to say as making me more depressed and very angry. I've been diagnosed as a dysthymic depressed person, and I can't disagree, I've been struggling with depression since a very young age, but recently (Christmas morning in fact) I've found the middies I recently acquired to work very well, they didn't make me 'high' per-say but i was in a good mood, very giggly, i didn't get angry where I normally would have. Sorry, I don't know the name of the strain but I'm going to try and find out, because I need to grow some of it:stoned: it's not a strong high, it would take easily 7-8+ full bowl's to get me 'baked'. If I find out the strain I'll post it here. :rastasmoke:

tasermebro
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
anything for sleep disorder!!

StOnEdMoNk
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
nice lists i actually have a bunch of shit i could probally get pot legalised for me thanx

yungjay
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Grandaddy Purple - Sleep anxiety
Purple OG Kush - Sleep anxiety
Silver Haze - apetite increase, sleep anxiety after about 2-3 hours of feelin lovely

kushy420
01-22-2008, 03:46 AM
i find 99% of street strains are good for insomnia as this is often the only reason i toke, but im looking for a good depression relieving strain because often while im high my depression will fade but i will grow back into a deeper depression when reality returns

stinkyattic
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
budlover and kushy, the strain 'kalichakra' seems to have quite a bit of anti-depressant value. My neighbor and I had some this weekend and agreed that the mood-elevating effect was QUITE pronounced.

pambeasley
01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Anxiety: Headband/diesel=[Super Skunk X Sensi Northern Lights] X Chem /dawg

They recommended this to me at the dispensary for my anxiety- seems like a pretty nice indica/sativa blend- doesn't leave me so stoned I can't go about my day, but definitely relaxing.:hippy:
This does work great for my anxiety, both mentally as well as the physical symptoms such as my shoulder and neck pain. Seems to work for my depression too. Great strain.

kushy420
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
budlover and kushy, the strain 'kalichakra' seems to have quite a bit of anti-depressant value. My neighbor and I had some this weekend and agreed that the mood-elevating effect was QUITE pronounced.
thats a very exotic name, i will keep a look out for that

stinkyattic
01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
thats a very exotic name, i will keep a look out for that
It comes from the breeder Mandala Seeds (you may have heard of their HashBerry), who have a reputation for good work and good business practices. I have never once heard a complaint about any of their strains. Many vendors carry their work.

baysiqq
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
I've really only been a rec smoker, but have tried pot to alleviate my worser bouts of depression. Most of the strains I've had were very unsuccessful, actually going as far to say as making me more depressed and very angry. I've been diagnosed as a dysthymic depressed person, and I can't disagree, I've been struggling with depression since a very young age, but recently (Christmas morning in fact) I've found the middies I recently acquired to work very well, they didn't make me 'high' per-say but i was in a good mood, very giggly, i didn't get angry where I normally would have. Sorry, I don't know the name of the strain but I'm going to try and find out, because I need to grow some of it:stoned: it's not a strong high, it would take easily 7-8+ full bowl's to get me 'baked'. If I find out the strain I'll post it here. :rastasmoke:

Im sorry budl0v3r, you must get really crappy weed if you need 7 or 8 bowls to get you high. :(

olliegrow
01-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Ive been growing the White Rhino (Nirvana) for about 2 years now and have seen it work wonders, for muscle spazums (cant spell) , depression, and appetite from chemo. My neighbor who was diagnosed with Huntingtons Disease loves it and smokes it eveyday for is muscles and body pains. I would also like to add Hashberry, White Satin and Kalichakra from Mandala, I started growing these about 8 months ago and there perfect for depression and anxiety. If you check my grow log I have pics of the White Rhino and MAndala..Peace and Respect your Body and your Herb.

nightlight
01-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I smoke for anxiety, as well as insomnia. The most useful strain i have found so far is called Headband. I believe it is predominantly indica and all i require is a few hits before bed.

cwesto
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I smoek a strain called Orange Crush for anti anxiety. The Stinkster tells me it is mostly outwest but we have it here in western MI and i love the stuff. It is a talkative high that will make u want to get some good music goin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stinky i didnt know if this was where u wanted this at, I am not too familiar w/ the med section. Hope it helps:thumbsup::thumbsup:

curious101
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
[quote=sarah louise]Hi Stinky, I don't know if you are interested in this sort of info for your list, I am diagnosed with both PTSD and Bipolar Disorder 1 and use cannabis in place of the psychiatrist's prescribed benzodiazepines.

I'd recommend Aurora Indica for one off heavy sedative (eg. wiping out emotional distress associated with flash backs, persistent intrusive thoughts, motor restlessness and agitation, primarily acute PTSD related symptoms).

I've personally found Aurora Indica to be a terrific strain for multiple medical ailments...i smoke in place of prescribed benzo's and if harvested at 9 weeks it the perfect medicine for anxiety, panic attacks, depression...i grew this strain out for pain management and found that if taken to 70-75 days it is without a doubt a teriffic and afforadable strain that helps with a lower back injury thats put me on disability...10 wks and the strain relieves muscle spasms, tension, numbs the mind in a way that causes one to FORGET the pain and is very helpful on those painful nights when sleep is difficult...AI is a great strain, very uniform and terrific medicine...i'm sure there is even more medical potential in the strain...:thumbsup:

Opie Yutts
01-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Thanks stinky for putting this thread somewhere where I would see it. You asked about Trainwreck. It helps me with pain, and therefore depression as well. It's not so much that it takes away the pain, but it helps me not constantly think about the fact that I am in pain, and I don't get so pissed off and disappointed with life in general. If the thought is not in your head that you are in pain, are you really in pain?

Opie Yutts
01-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Folks please remember that everybody reacts differently to medications, including weed. One variety of weed might act as a stimulant for one person and a depressant for another. You just got to experiment to find what works for you. I think this thread makes for a great starting point though.

Franzwad
01-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Bipolar type 1 and 2

-anything you can smoke

Fatsackonug
01-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Great list, How about C/99 for headaches.

kobe6209
01-31-2008, 04:42 PM
I heard of some stuff called lifesaver but im not too sure. let me know if you have ever heard of it.

stinkyattic
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
I heard of some stuff called lifesaver but im not too sure. let me know if you have ever heard of it.
Lifesaver is a medical strain bred in the [late 90s?] by the Bushy Old Grower, who is now retired from breeding. It is said to have excellent painkilling properties, as well as a heavy frosting and good flavor.

rebgirl420
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I have really bad bi-polar disorder and Schizophrenia and sour diesal is the surest thing for it. I take medication every day also. I smoke several times a day and when I do I experience that my racing thoughts completely stop and the anxiousness goes away.

For once it's like I have a mental blank slate. It's a pure calm. Beautiful.

nightlight
02-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Tried out Sweet Tooth last night and am going to have to add it to my list for insomnia. i slept better than i have in weeks last night.

Opie Yutts
02-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I smoke several times a day and when I do I experience that my racing thoughts completely stop and the anxiousness goes away.

For once it's like I have a mental blank slate. It's a pure calm. Beautiful.

Ah yes, letting your mind go blank. On those rare occasions I am able to do so it's down right wonderful.

SnSstealth
02-06-2008, 11:53 PM
i agree rebel...im hypomanic...AKA severe bi polar with insomnia....super silver haze, and jack herer have been wonderful for me.... thanks for the thread stinky...we need one of these here....:vap_smiley:
whiskeytango

smok3y
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Nice list man thanks.. :thumbsup:

LdyMarsRN
02-14-2008, 03:37 AM
What is the best strain for RLS? Even during the day they wanna run...and I'm tired! :)

SnSstealth
02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
hey stinky....been considering getting MK-Ultra.....tried it in a-dam...worked wonders...any seedbank you can recommend?...since the zealot bastards shut down overgrow?...
:smokebong:
whiskeytango

Chainsaw1234
02-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Im lookng for a strain, for anxiety (which im guessing would be a indica) without that heavy gravity couch-lock effect. Any suggestions??

WildFire.ca
02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Im lookng for a strain, for anxiety (which im guessing would be a indica) without that heavy gravity couch-lock effect. Any suggestions??Hemp Star is great for anziety

stinkyattic
03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Im lookng for a strain, for anxiety (which im guessing would be a indica) without that heavy gravity couch-lock effect. Any suggestions??I'd suggest a strain with good Afghani roots, but harvest it at a relatively low % amber, like 10%, so as to minimize the ass-glue effect! :D

stevestevesteve
03-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Hello,is there anyone who knows where i could buy some seeds Phaght Betty ,thanks in advance Steve.

rachem86
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
so i need auntie em and blue fruit...exciting! Can't wait 'til we move to California in September!

stinkyattic
04-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I've got another one; Hindu Kush for appetite stimulation and suppression of nausea.

growinforthefuture
04-10-2008, 02:55 AM
i have found purps to be good for anxiety and pain. I also have found that some sativa strains, for example, some unidentified outdoor sativa dominant herb i had a while ago, are NOT good for at least some types of anxiety.

vikinggem
04-10-2008, 05:23 AM
hey thnkx for acknolegding that, i hope this list goes well

Here, here...that is the stupidist law yet. Not only that, but I would rather be on the road with someone that has smoked a couple than a dumb ass that has drank a few drinks. I know smoking sure helps my anxiety and chronic pain all drinking does is make me feel like shit. As far as keeping the old guys hard, isn't that what porn is for? I need a blunt so bad right now I can hardly stand it! Why make a "weed" that grows in the wild illegal, but it is ok to have 2 drinks at a bar and drive? No sense at all.

Nailhead
04-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Now for the most important question, what clubs have these strains? Most clubs make up their names or have it as some cross between another. I can't wait until we are to the point where I can go into a co-op with that list and pick out a specific strain, when that day happens I will be in heaven :)

GreenLeaf420
04-11-2008, 07:07 AM
no need to thank me ;) thank NORML infact THANK GOD! HE MADE POT :p

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

AND ROB :jointsmile::jointsmile::jointsmile::jointsmile:

You to STINK!!!

GreenLeaf420
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Here go I Highlghted what was on page one for you just scroll down and look @ what I read on page one 1st entry It's cool I'm Stonned!!!! Dammmn I'm Fuckin LOL Board:jointsmile::jointsmile::jointsmile:

I'm looking for a strain, for anxiety (which I'm guessing would be a indica) Any suggestions??

Robert42 stuck this list from NORML in medicinal...Thanks Robert42... thought I'd stick it here as well since this is where so many people have questions!

Also, I'd like to keep on compiling ths list... so if you have a condition and find certain strains to work, please post them!
:D

Afghooie x Haze
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Alien Train Wreck
Asthma

Auntie Em
Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis

Blue Fruit
Crohn's Disease, Muscle Spasms

Catalyst
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Dynamite
Asthma, Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis C

Sour Diesel
Edema, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Radiolopathy

Green Queen
Epilepsy, Neck / Spine Pain

Jack Herer
Anxiety, Fibromyalgia

Lollipop
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Edema, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Nausea, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder , HAS SO MUCH SHIT YOU CAN ADD ANXIETYMedicine Woman
Diabetic Neuropathy, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Radiolopathy

New York Diesel
Migraine Headaches

Northern Lights
Anxiety, Radiolopathy

Northern Lights / Jamaican
Arthritis

Original Mystic
Epilepsy

Phaght Betty
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Post-Traumatic Stress ADD IT Disorder

Queen Bee Neck / Spine Pain

Sensi Star
Migraine Headaches

Snow White Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Sweet Blu Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Edema, Fibromyalgia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Neck / Spine Pain

Train Wreck
Anxiety, Arthritis, Diabetic Neuropathy

TX
Arthritis, Asthma, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Multiple Sclerosis

White Widow
Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

These were Robert42's suggestions for treating anxiety:
Afghan Kush, Romulan, Mind Bender, Legends Ulitimate Indica, Super Skunk #1

And I would like to add Afghani Dream to the anti-anxiety ADD IT!!!!list!

ketman
04-12-2008, 11:39 PM
I have MS and I'm in DC. Pot really helps me, but I can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions?

humedi
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM
amazing thread ta, i knew different strains would have a different effect.
that's an interesting quote someone put up from hilary black... will add it to the portfolio i am assembling to take to the hospital :p

i have to buy street weed so i never know what i am getting, only that it is skunk.
so for GI disorders (i have ulcerative colitis) people have recommended:
strawberry cough, afghani kush, auntie em, blue fruit, dynamite, sour bubble, blacklites, ortega

i think a trip to amsterdam is in order

Giro2007
04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
To the fellow migraine sufferers, what other strains would you recommend for this bastard of an illness if brought on by anxiety? I've only ever had normal street weed when its happened, sometimes it works wonders and sometimes it makes me wish i hadnt smoked it? i'm guessin a good sativa-indica cross?

veggii
04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks stinky for putting this thread somewhere where I would see it. You asked about Trainwreck. It helps me with pain, and therefore depression as well. It's not so much that it takes away the pain, but it helps me not constantly think about the fact that I am in pain, and I don't get so pissed off and disappointed with life in general. If the thought is not in your head that you are in pain, are you really in pain?
just keep saying "there is no pain" over n over till its gone!

NaughtyDreadz
04-17-2008, 05:37 AM
puna budder has some definite anti-dep properties

JJgama
04-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if there are strains that can acctually worsen anxiety?

RocoLoco
04-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Crystal from Nirvana is great for Depression / Anxiety / also great over all mood stabilizer. Basicaly white widow:D/Northern Lights cross

DoDoFoShoDoe
04-23-2008, 02:58 AM
I would guess if any strain would be worse for anxiety it would have to be a high sativa, something with a visual high or really heart pumping. Even at that it would most likely only give a novice smoker anxiety if they smoked more than they can handle.

Sticky Fruit is a great bud for anxiety but also keeping a productive motivation with a sleepy come down.

Juicy Fruit....insomnia

I had Early Girl x Skunk #1 when i was in a moderate depression and gave a very happy relaxing plateau high, however it is one of those strains where you get higher and higher the more you smoke and eventually you will pass out where ever you sit. LOVE IT!

stinkyattic
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
WillyX suggested that we post in the format:
Strain- Breeder or Source- Heritage/Type if known (%indica/%sativa)- Effect
I think that's a good idea.
Here's an example:
JillyBean- TGA seeds- Mostly sativa (if I remember right)- Anti-inflammatory, good for Multiple Sclerosis
Black Indica- PlanB- Pure indica- Anti-insomnia, good for relaxing before bed, soft and sleepy
Foxys Rhinofuck- Foxy Seeds- Mostly indica- Powerfully painkilling, but too strong a medicine for 'daytime' use
Kalichakra- Mandala- Mostly or Pure indica- Happy, relaxing, makes me giggle a lot

w33dsp34k
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM

I'm also looking for anyone who has successfully used any of the following for med purposes, and what you liked them for:

Bogglegum
MTF
Pure Power Plant
SourBubble
Jillybean
Hindu Kush
Skunk#1
Sweet Tooth
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
SAGE
Trainwreck
OG Kush
Afghani Dream

Any insight you could give me would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am only just getting into working with medical potential of these wonderful strains.

OG KUSH worked very good for bad pain, trainwreck is a very good source of treatment for ADHD.

incaroads
06-17-2008, 11:08 PM
From my Experiences

Insomnia

Champagne
Purple Urkle
Sour Diesel
Bubba Kush (very Strong)
Mountain Kush

Depression

OG kush
Cindy 99 (due to growers excellent vibes i believe)
Sour Diesel
Chem Diesel
Pink Maui ( Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Very Trippy.)
Double D (never heard of it til a few weeks ago. amazing!)

^^^
all of these strains put me in a good mood just about every time regardless.

DoDoFoShoDoe
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I have a step-father who was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and seems to be steadily getting worse. I have smoke marijuana recreationally since highschool and know he does not condone it in any way, however, i feel if i had the right strain to help his symptoms he would think differently. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch

DoDo:jointsmile:

stinkyattic
08-04-2008, 11:17 AM
For MS, I'd go with JillyBean or Space Queen, or if you can't find those, look for Power Plant aka Pure Power Plant.
You probably won't have much luck finding either in bud form unless you have access to a co-op, and even then, they aren't stylish, lol. On the up side, PPP seeds are all over the internet and cheap, and it's a stable line, so you can back up your own seeds for the next run.

DoDoFoShoDoe
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I was considering purchasing Querkle from TGA seeds for some time. Will that suffice stinky?

stinkyattic
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
If it has 'Space Queen' or 'Apollo' listed as a recent ancestor, it is likely to carry the anti-inflammatory trait.

RobPA
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
For MS, I'd go with JillyBean or Space Queen, or if you can't find those, look for Power Plant aka Pure Power Plant.
You probably won't have much luck finding either in bud form unless you have access to a co-op, and even then, they aren't stylish, lol. On the up side, PPP seeds are all over the internet and cheap, and it's a stable line, so you can back up your own seeds for the next run.

Hey Stinky. My father has a similiar disorder which comes very close to having the same effects as MS, he has Spinal Neuropathy. JillyBean and Space Queen, any tips on where to find the seeds? How easy to grow? Im getting seeds together for my next grow and I would really like to get some strain-specific meds so my dad could benefit from it. He is already benefiting from cannabis but check this out, the doctor's prescribed him 1 80mg oxycontin in the morning and 1 10mg Percocet 4 times a day. It helps dull the pain but incredibly he gets more relief from smoking. You know whats even crazier? They drug test him monthly and if he ever tested positive for cannabis they would stop his treatment, take away his meds etc etc. Talk about a f'd up world where doctors can prescribe poison and when they find somthing that really helps he cant even use it otherwise he loses everything. Anyway rant over, thanks again for the info Stinky I have pretty much learned everything I know about growing from your posts :P

Pedro de Pacas
08-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Okay, does anybody know the medicinal qualities of Dutch Passion Oasis? At this stage they're all I could afford though the dude at sales assured me they are great for pain control and anxiety...

Any info?

caligrown82807
08-18-2008, 04:26 AM
has anyone ever grown seeds from soma seeds....i chose haze heaven :S5:
looks good so far im 4 weeks flowering in soil hard to keep happy the pic is old 2 weeks flower....any feedback is good

cannaisseur
09-10-2008, 02:11 AM
Mood elevators-
CAT PISS (don't let the name foll you ,this cousin of trainwreck tastes like
lemon drops and sends you up up and away)
GrapefruitHaze(smells like fruitloops and makes you say Halifuckinluja)
CottoncandyCrunchberryxNewYorkCityDiesle(a friend crossed this.Superb
flavour and5lb.+ yields)

incaroads
09-10-2008, 04:05 AM
power plant makes me play guitar better.

stinkybudz
10-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Can anyone give me a compiled list for P.M.S. and related cramps?

FreeDaHerb
10-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Sweet Tooth (#4) has a calming & mentally stabilizing effect (could be due to the NL #1 parental lineage of the sweet pink grapefruit clone that was crossed with the REAL blueberry to make this strain, the #4 as I understand is closer to the OG grapefruit as it was crossed back to the mother) it is great for increasing your appetite, calming nerves and definitely helps to sooth bad anxiety, it is like smokeable prozac except it tastes like incense hashy heaven! Very euphoric and not overpowering at all, quite clear with a low burn-out factor. It gives you a hash-like medium high, never the freak-out I feel like everything is a cartoon type high or the dizziness of some other lower pedigree crosses, lol.

This is of course the more indica dominant pheno's and not the sought after blueberry sativa pheno that looks more like a sativa and is light green & very early, that is the super stoner let's have dirty sex weed that has been known to greatly increase libido and give you a severe case of the stoner giggles..you know, the ones that just don't stop. This is some strong bud with a really euphoric almost tingly ecstasy like buzz.

The indica dominant phenotype has HUGE dark green leaves along with a very deep pungent piney pink grapefruit rind fruity aroma and has rather large calyx's and purple striping on the stems. Leaves can be 18" - 24" across, you can literally roll a blunt with the big wide fronds.

I have smoked alot of different buds in my time but I can reliably state that Sweet Tooth by Spice of Life Seeds is very good medicine with a really good Karma & that certain special candy something like most of Breeder Steve's fruity strains. The added bonus with the #4 (which you probably can't find seeds for anymore) is that it's a true 6-7 weeker with some coming in REALLY early...as in like 40 days, it's a very vigorous plant that grows really fast & strong with none of the common mutations true blueberry strains suffer from, it seems that was "bred out" of the sweet tooth line..and the yield is still really solid on the #4 although the #3 is a bit bigger but also an 8 weeker so there is a trade off there. The earlier ones seem to be the really special fruity frost monsters so if you were looking for a mother those would be the ones to focus on for several obvious reasons. :jointsmile:

KushielsTart
11-07-2008, 11:49 PM
FreeDaHerb mentions Sweet Tooth #4

"Sweet Tooth (#4) has a calming & mentally stabilizing effect "

Any ideas where I can get seeds for this? Or something else just like this? The described effects of this is exactly what I'm looking to grow. I smoked something very similar to this last night, but I don't know what or where its from. Plus I'd like to grow my own. :D

Update - I found a website that sells them - Spice of Life
Spice Of Life marijuana cannabis seeds. Sweet tooth shiskaberry (http://www.high-land.co.uk/acatalog/spice-of-life.html)

Has anyone used them?

reloadagain
12-16-2008, 06:49 PM

Bogglegum
MTF
Pure Power Plant
SourBubble
Jillybean
Hindu Kush
Skunk#1
Sweet Tooth
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
SAGE
Trainwreck
OG Kush
Afghani Dream

How about G-13 ?

tinytoon
01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I am looking for suggestions for a strain or strains that have good effects on pain killing and calming effect without completly turning you into a couch potato. My GF suffers from degenerative joint disease and is also a panic patient. I have serious back issuses and also have the lovely problem of losing my temper at the drop of a hat. Now I have never been diagnosed with having a true medical term for the temper thing but it no doubt needs to be addressed. Any tidbits of info would be great. Currently using a strain called "Medibud" that we purchased as seed from a UK outfit.

Mississippi Steve
02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Looking for any information I can find on strain called "Toxic Blue".
Pedigree? (I figure its an indica dominant strain)
Veg/Flowering times?
maybe a grow log??

stonerreakinhvk
03-26-2009, 02:46 AM
haha i have asthma and anxiety anything to kill 2 birds with one stone?

texas grass
03-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Looking for any information I can find on strain called "Toxic Blue".
Pedigree? (I figure its an indica dominant strain)
Veg/Flowering times?
maybe a grow log??

mota strain
Details: Toxic Blue

(Blue Kronic/Killian)

Toxic Blue is the result of crossing a femal Blue Kronic to a male Killian.
Blue Kronic is a very stoney indica we produce by using a Blue Moonshine x Killa Queen Female for flavor and a G13/Black widdow x firecracker male to bulk up the yield.

The Killian Father is my killa Queen crossed to a male NYCDiesel.
Killian has a strong sativa dom stone with a sweet manderine/grapefruit flavor.

The resulting Toxic Blue is an excellent yielder with berry tasting buds and a strong balanced stone. She's great for sog but if mold might be a problem you should top and leave 4 to 6 branches.Left untopped she gets a long main cola with fairly dense buds but not rock hard

Product Information
+++++++++++++++
Type: 60% indica 40% sativa
Flowering time 8-9 weeks
Harvest up to 550 gram/m2(indoor)
Taste: fruity/berry
Effect: Sativa stoned
flowers Big maincola

WildFire.ca
03-27-2009, 12:47 AM
That Toxic Blue sounds impressive.

groman
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi I recently got some bud from Northern Calif. called 3-D which I enjoyed. Does anyone know anything about this strain.

Mississippi Steve
03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
mota strain
Details: Toxic Blue

(Blue Kronic/Killian)

Toxic Blue is the result of crossing a femal Blue Kronic to a male Killian.
Blue Kronic is a very stoney indica we produce by using a Blue Moonshine x Killa Queen Female for flavor and a G13/Black widdow x firecracker male to bulk up the yield.

The Killian Father is my killa Queen crossed to a male NYCDiesel.
Killian has a strong sativa dom stone with a sweet manderine/grapefruit flavor.

The resulting Toxic Blue is an excellent yielder with berry tasting buds and a strong balanced stone. She's great for sog but if mold might be a problem you should top and leave 4 to 6 branches.Left untopped she gets a long main cola with fairly dense buds but not rock hard

Product Information
+++++++++++++++
Type: 60% indica 40% sativa
Flowering time 8-9 weeks
Harvest up to 550 gram/m2(indoor)
Taste: fruity/berry
Effect: Sativa stoned
flowers Big maincola

THanx... I got some F2 beans and wanted to know... I have 3 plants and a clone in veg right now... going to have to transplant today as they are getting root bound.

SmokiNomad
03-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Does anyone have links to where this is on the NORML site or anywhere else?

gypski
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Having read all the way through, Purple Kush works for me with arthritis. Kills the pain, and works good on the inflamation. Watch out thought, don't smoke too much, it can give you lead ass and put you to sleep!!!!! :D:thumbsup::jointsmile:

Cocoa0069
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Ok I've already looked at the other thread that has what type of strains there are and what they're good for. But I'm still stumped.. So any help on what I strain or strains I should get. I suffer from really bad headache's and neck spasms, I also have a very high stress level and I get so worked up in life stress is Redunkulous. The Stress I get keeps me from getting any sleep. I'm looking for a daytime smoke and a night time smoke. I don't like intense high's just very relaxed and comforting. Any Suggestions??? Thanks so much.

And where can I get Purple kush seeds??

WildFire.ca
04-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Admin Plz Delete Post

SallySoccerMom
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
I am a caregiver who has never smoked. I am trying to find the best strains to grow for my daughter who has chronic migraines and nausea. The nausea is the main reason that she needs it. What are the best strains for nausea?

I would prefer ones that dont knock you out too badly as she is in school and just wants relief, not to be too out of it.

thanks
SallySoccerMom

PubliusEnigma
04-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Another thing...my wife suffers from PMDD. She is adamant about the beneficial properties of White Rhino and White Widow in helping to alleviate her most severe symptoms.

Don't know if this is coincidental, or may bear some weight...but I thought I'd mention it.

Take care.

Mr. Clandestine, I was going to PM you about this part but I'm guessing you have to befriend someone to PM them, no?

When you say your wife's "most severe symptoms" are her's mostly physical, emotional, or a combination?

I have PMDD and depression (also told I was bipolar but I'm thinking they're wrong on that one) and I'm (ugh!!) now going into the whole pre-menopausal thing...so my hormones are having a freakin' party in here!

So not only do I have the emotional stuff going on, I've got back pain and terrible cramps to deal with, so I'm wondering if White Widow would kill two proverbial birds with one stone.

Mr. Clandestine
04-25-2009, 03:00 AM
When you say your wife's "most severe symptoms" are her's mostly physical, emotional, or a combination?

Hi Mrs. Enigma,

My wife's most severe symptoms are definitely a combination of both emotional highs and physical lows. Severe cramps are pretty common for her, but she also has debilitating migraines, which her doctors assume is due to the PMDD. And her emotions can also be a rollercoaster when she's doing nothing to treat them, especially after a particularly tough weeks at work or other stressful times.

She had been prescribed a few medications, mostly mood enhancers, that she claimed were somewhat effective, the most recent (and most effective) being Celexa, but I can't remember all the others she tried, and none of them were able to solved the problem for us entirely. When she started using cannabis to treat the symptoms, we noticed a difference immediately... whereas with the medications you'd sometimes have to wait a month before there'd be any noticeable difference, if any difference at all. The strains I mentioned are two of our favorites, and work extremely well for her... White Widow and White Rhino are both roughly 60% sativa and 40% indica. We've also had the opportunity to try various other strains, and she's found that the more sedating effects of indica dominant strains worked well to calm her down when her symptoms were at their worst, and also helps her to sleep. I prefer the more 'heady' qualities of dominant sativas, and so the "White" strains have basically just been a compromise that both of us happily agreed on. :jointsmile:

Hope that helps give you some direction for figuring out what might work best for you. ;)

cannarelief
04-28-2009, 07:10 AM
To the fellow migraine sufferers, what other strains would you recommend for this bastard of an illness if brought on by anxiety? I've only ever had normal street weed when its happened, sometimes it works wonders and sometimes it makes me wish i hadnt smoked it? i'm guessin a good sativa-indica cross?

Sativas definitely intensify my migraines and ensure my transformation into a vomit volcano. I stay away anything with sativa completely when I have a migraine.

Indicas help me to sleep to sleep it off and help with the nausea. I love a good sativa when I'm feeling well though.

fingerlickin
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I noticed your comments on "it insulates you" and helps you with your regulation of temper. I also am looking for this I have the same issues. I am a dds and need to be very discrete.
Any suggestions.

altitudefarmer
08-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I have a list of my own that I've compiled from medical cannabis strain reviews from "Treating Yourself" . Great magazine with lots of good info. If anyone wants to see my list, give me a holler.

NatureLover
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I am a caregiver who has never smoked. I am trying to find the best strains to grow for my daughter who has chronic migraines and nausea. The nausea is the main reason that she needs it. What are the best strains for nausea?

I would prefer ones that dont knock you out too badly as she is in school and just wants relief, not to be too out of it.

thanks
SallySoccerMom

I would have to disagree with the person who recommended against Sativas. High quality sativa dominant strains are better for migraines in my opinion than indicas, because you can get burnt out a few hours after consuming indica bud, especially if it's been smoked more than once in a day.

Also, with indicas its been my experience with migraine sufferers that they can smoke indica to relieve a headache, but then a few hours later during the burn-out phase the headache returns, accompanied by exhaustion.

I would recommend sativas specifically because in general sativas leave the user mentally nimble and clear-headed. Sativas are generally used by people in the morning, before they go to work or when they have responsiblities to attend to. They leave you energized as opposed to the Indicas which have more tendency to leave a person lethargic, drowsy or foggy-brained.

For nausea, both indica and sativa should work very well.

If you'd like to try something in between, a great strain for a child would be blueberry. It's got a great taste and odor which is more pleasant no matter how it's consumed, it's got anti-nausea properties, and it's a hybrid so it's got both indica and sativa properties. It will leave her more clear-headed than most indicas and may provide stronger pain relief for severe pain than most sativas. It will allow her to retain enough energy to function. Even its name is kid-friendly.

So if you start with Blueberry, you can take note of how she's reacting to it and go from there. If she needs more pain relief and isn't having trouble focusing you could drift more to the indicas, if her thinking is too cloudy or she's having trouble staying awake but shes not in severe pain you might prefer a sativa next time.

I would say that Indicas are useful for immediate use in the case of acute and extremely painful migraines, and Sativas are for long-term use of day to day headache prevention and relief from less extremely painful episodes.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the right medicine for your daughter. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

MichToker360
09-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Bogglegum
MTF
Pure Power Plant
SourBubble
Jillybean
Hindu Kush
Skunk#1
Sweet Tooth
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
SAGE
Trainwreck
OG Kush
Afghani Dream

I've used both sweet tooth and northern lights for medical purposes, and i've found that both are excellent for insomnia, where as northern lights is better for anxiety. sweet tooth is to cerebral to be a good anxiety reliever. I've also had hindu kush but that was more recreational than medical.

eddie13
09-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone,

i am suffering from depression and sevier stress. Loss of sleep and appetite is my constant condition, and nothing makes it better, but MJ.

Strains that help me the most were mango, white rhino, white widow and ice.

Only if Ifeel on a "level" , I'd smoke pure sativas...As far as bringing myself to calm down from the simptoms of dipression, suisidal thoughts etc, I only rely on a heavy breakes of indica strains.

Eddie13

WashougalWonder
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
For my nerve pain/DDD/fibro/arthritis I prefer sativa dominates. I am also a caregiver and my person prefers White Widow, Haze, and a strain I have developed that I call WWII (cross between an MediBud, an unknown sativia, and White Widow.) He suffers from chemotherapy related nausea.

Recently I made a batch of butter from all my scraps which is all my genotypes mixed up. I find it is the best long-term, activity-type medication so far. I need to do several more batches different ways, as that was my first successful batch.

It is difficult using it in food when you are on a diet by the way. Not having the muchies is a big help, which I note more in the sativa genotypes.

J

StoneyJake
11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Montel Williams is very outspoken to the benefits of marijuana for MS patients. I dont have any Idea myself but I have seen him speak about it. In fact I have seen get very emotional about medical marijuana reform a few different times. Seems to help him a lot

Edit: Guess I should of noticed this thread is from 2007...

Vancefish
11-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Personally glad you posted on it. I enjoyed the read.

I have severe spinal nerve pain both upper and lower back and mj has always helped with it. So well in fact that I honestly could tell people I take no over or behind the counter meds. Now however the local laws changed and thus it's legality for my very condition.

I also suffer( I hate that term) from occational anxiety/stress which can lead to near panic attacks, plus an occational bout of the blues:cool:.

Unfortunately buying cheap local (likely Mexican) brick weed was all I could find (or afford). Now however I can grow my own or buy at a legal dispensory:thumbsup:!

This thread pointed out a number of interesting things. First off I had no idea sativa's were a stimulant, OR that indicas were more a depresant(so to speak). I also didn't think about early harvesting for a weaker, thus less stoney med.

I'm quite sure the not so legal stuff I used so much before the new laws is a sativa strain most of the time. Thus I may need to try a few things I never even thought of before now. Might be able to solve a few issues other then just pain(which is what I got the permit for):giggity:.

Thanks again

theballast
01-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks for all the info!...I too am also looking for anyone who has successfully used any of the following for med purposes, and what you liked them for:

Hogs Breath
Blue Romulan
Bubba Kush
Purple Kush
Blue Dream
Blueberry
OG Diesel
OG Kush
Blackberry Kush

Thanks in advance and have a great evening!...

mickrick
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.greenpassion.org/showthread.php?t=13858

all ya wanted to know but coulden't be assed to ask..

mick.

etheraldreamer
10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Purple kush - Helps tremendously with migraines :)

nmesub
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I was very interested on the use of cannabis to treat asthma. It just didnt seem right to me that cannabis could treat asthma due to the amount of coughing i do when inhaling through smoking or vaping,so i did some research. Here are some things i found.

The New England Journal of Medicine, a peer-reviewed medical journal, published a 1973 study titled "Single-Dose Effect of Marihuana Smoke. Bronchial Dynamics and Respiratory-Center Sensitivity in Normal Subjects," by L. Vachon et al., that stated:

"Marijuana smoke, unlike cigarette smoke, causes bronchodilatation [expansion of the air passages] rather than bronchoconstriction [narrowing of the air passages] and, unlike opiates, does not cause central respiratory depression.

Donald P. Tashkin, MD, Professor of Pulmonary Care at the University of California, Los Angeles, stated in a 1975 article titled "Effects of Smoked Marijuana in Experimentally Induced Asthma" in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine:

" After exercise induced bronchospasm, [exercise-induced asthma] placebo marijuana and saline were followed by gradual recovery during 30 to 60 min, whereas 2.0 per cent marijuana...caused an immediate reversal of exercise-induced asthma and hyperinflation."

Daniele Piomelli, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology at the University of California at Irvine, told Reuters in 2000:

"We think that by targeting cannabinoid receptors in the upper airways we can control coughs in a number of conditions...That's important because most treatments currently available basically act on the brain cough center, a small region of the brain that is the target for codeine and similar drugs ."

Normally when i can feel myself starting to have an onset of asthma related breathing problems i tend to blame cannabis and as a result lay off for a few days.During those few days my breathing tends to take a turn for the worse.Going to look into those strains mentioned for treating asthma and see if vaporizing in small amounts will help me.If you have anymore strains with good results for treating asthma post them please.

GreenShadows
11-07-2010, 02:29 AM
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the associated insomnia for almost a decade.
I have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) as well.

Hindu Kush: anti-anxiety
NOT great for insomnia NOT horrible

Holland's Hope: great for insomnia. It is the knockout hammer you seek. Slow to develop a tolerance to.

AMS (by GreenHouse Seeds): treats extreme anxiety
gives you energy

Maui Wowie: great for Attention Deficit Disorder
comparable to adderall but only in the good ways

Ismokeallday94
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Hydro is a good weed that i have come across alot recently and started really focusing on what it does. It helps with stress and reliefs my pain and makes you laugh at everything. I haven't found this on any medical strain guides ive come across surprisingly

whatyousay
12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
anyone else?:pimp:

farmermo
12-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Stinky Attic,

I have MS and have been growing strains that I thought might help. Was surprised how much Jack Herer helped with walking and getting thinks done. Great mood elevator and helping with coping.

I have also used Northern Lights to ease some of my hip/neck leg spasm and pain. Northern Lights seemed very good at relieving pain and allowing me to stretch better. I chose it because of it's higher than average CBD's.

I saw "Auntie Em" listed as a treatment for MS - have you tried it? If so, do you know HOW it helps with MS? I mean pretty much any weed can make a person feel better, but some seem better to get one moving than others do. I'd be delighted to hear about any experience you have with MS and MJ. It's almost time to get new plants, so this would be a good time to decide.

malclyps
12-21-2010, 04:21 AM
My wife has some almost untreatable migraines and nausea, for which she chews sumatriptan like candy, and her nausea meds are supposed to be for AIDS patients only. They are both only marginally effective. Unfortunately, so have most of the strains of mmj we've tried so far. :( We won't even consider her pain, retinopathy and retinopathy-related vertigo. We're both types who get almost no benefit from opiods, to boot.

Then she got to try some White Widow this past week, which absolutely killed her migraines dead! :thumbsup: We both found it energizing, in a way, too. No couchlock, for sure. Didn't do a damn thing for the original patients' migraines, btw, so YMMV, as always.

This weekend she tried some OG Kush. She'd been trying Afgooey and other Afghan strains for the nausea, to no avail. The OG...:rasta: The Afs were all good for making us both not particularly care how crappy we felt, though!

Now, Northern Lights is up for testing. We'll report in eventually. The goal, of course, is to stock a small medicine shelf with targeted strains for what ails both of us.

And so the Great Work continues...

Nirvana7
01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
I am looking for a strain to help with severe insomnia. I have had some luck with Private Reserve Black Diamond (mostly an indica strain). Hoping to find a way to be able to get back to sleep quickly in the middle of the night.

Any suggestions?

stickyickiiiiii
01-25-2011, 01:39 AM
ive found that bubba kush is really good for sleeping, that is unless you wake and bake with it.....

tyrecies
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Hello, I love your site and I am trying to find the best strain(s) for my fiancée. She has Friedreich's Ataxia which is a rare inherited disease that causes nervous system damage and movement problems.

She has scoliosis in her back and the rods she had inserted as a child to straighten her out some are now bent. An officer mistook her for someone bad when her father was shot and stepped on her back.

She suffers severe pain, but also needs something that will coat and protect her nerves so she degenerates slower. I am not sure if you know this much about strains, but I figured if anyone would even have a clue, it sounds like it would be you people.

tlsprague2003
03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Does anyone have any info on silverspur?? Cant find anything!!

obama549
03-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Well on my last grow (1st) my favorite plant was the Skunk #1...i struggle with anxiety and panic attacks but when i smoke this stuff i'm very cerebral and outgoing...barely have any left (just one lil bud) because it worked so well i couldn't keep my hands outta the jar...currently working with some Hashberry and Ak-48...let you know how they turn out medicinally :thumbsup:

I had a very indica dominant pheno in this pack that was also great for anxiety and yielded pretty well...forgot to mention it cuz its a freebie but it also did wonders for my anxiety...the sativa pheno i had was absolutely horrific tho in terms of anxiety causing it to sky rocket out of control...so basically the NLx indica-pheno from Grow Shop Alien

WickedJack
05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello, I love your site and I am trying to find the best strain(s) for my fiancée. She has Friedreich's Ataxia which is a rare inherited disease that causes nervous system damage and movement problems.

She has scoliosis in her back and the rods she had inserted as a child to straighten her out some are now bent. An officer mistook her for someone bad when her father was shot and stepped on her back.

She suffers severe pain, but also needs something that will coat and protect her nerves so she degenerates slower. I am not sure if you know this much about strains, but I figured if anyone would even have a clue, it sounds like it would be you people.

You should try making her some oil google search phoenixtears Im in the process of starting my 1st batch

WickedJack
06-21-2011, 12:44 AM
I hope she's doing ok Have you read up on "The Cure"..?
There are better/safer ways of making it just google "hemp oil"

Peace & Good Luck :)

sunshinesam
11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
The wife has parkinsons and we find that strawberry cough on the average day does really well to alleviate the regular medications side effects........when she needs a little more green crack is good....

Nelson Quebec
08-26-2012, 09:25 PM
My favorite in the photos is L. A. Confidential and Trainwreck.

In Autos I like Mi5 and Pakistan Ryder.

iworshipdirt
04-26-2013, 04:13 PM
admittedly, I am new to this but for treatment of neuralgia (nerve pain) and arthritis I have found that NYC diesel is awesome for pain and insomnia due to pain. Can't smoke it during the day though, lol. I've also had some nice daytime experience with Blue Dream and OG Kush. any suggestions for strains specific to nerve pain relief?

iworshipdirt

Mal420xl
04-26-2013, 04:31 PM
admittedly, I am new to this but for treatment of neuralgia (nerve pain) and arthritis I have found that NYC diesel is awesome for pain and insomnia due to pain. Can't smoke it during the day though, lol. I've also had some nice daytime experience with Blue Dream and OG Kush. any suggestions for strains specific to nerve pain relief?

iworshipdirt

might want to search for it or start your own thread iworshipdirt. some older threads get buried pretty fast.

nascarmike
04-27-2013, 05:06 AM
might want to search for it or start your own thread iworshipdirt. some older threads get buried pretty fast.I found grateful casey, lsd, & purplehaze work well for pain. I still goof on all of the strains out there. To think there was a time when there were only two types of weed, good & shit.

iworshipdirt
05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
thanks for the advice mal & mike. i've been busy in the garden - the vegetable kind, lol and have to take advantage of the nice weather while i can. funny, but the more physically active i am, the less medication i need for my arthritis. sucks getting old.:smokin:

ataxian
12-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Am I late to post?

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES to get stuff done!
DUTCH TREAT for FLAVOR & EFFECT!
OG for COUCH LOCK!
ALIEN KUSH unpredictable
CACTUS COOLER best tasting FLOWERS to date!