PDA

View Full Version : My computer just defaulted to factory settings.

JaggedEdge
02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I just booted up my mac and it went back to the default settings. No more background, I'm back to not having aim until I change the port numbers (again), my dashboard and menu bar thingy are no longer the way I like them. WTF? All I did was turn the fucking thing on.

I want my old piece of shit PC back. At least when strange things happened, I had a general idea of how to get it back to normal. Plus I now have to send the computer in for them to fix some wire that isn't picking up the battery. So yeah, if it comes unplugged, it goes dead.

Take this Apple :S4:

aznson01
02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
i bet ur about to knock the fucking lights outta ur computer

JaggedEdge
02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Believe me, i would love to. My last computer was a dell that would take 5 mins to do the most minial task. One day, I was trying to type a paper for school, but word wouldn't open. So I punched the screen. It shattered all the little crystal things in the screen, or what ever it is. I couldn't see shit. This one still runs well. It just has to many fucking problems. 'It just works" my ass.

Matt the Funk
02-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Hahahah There are holes in my screen.

EmoRebellion
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I just booted up my mac...

Well theres your problem...

Mean Green Charlene
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I just booted up my mac

Well theres your problem...
quoted for truth.

LIP
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
My computer was pissing me off around Christmas last year and i was trying to quit the cigs and i ended up punching it, and i punched the off button and i sliced my knuckle of something, got no idea what it was but it was sharpe, and the computer came out fine. Looked untouched. Piece of shit.

BigHyphyD
02-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I have a iMac.

Zero problems with it ever.

slipknotpsycho
02-02-2007, 09:52 PM
lol, and people act like mac is so far supperior over pc... just because they can't get viruses.... lol!

and damn, i didn't know i wasn't the only one that gets angry at the computer and punches it...

Skink
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
it's hard to imagine what could of done that,,,I mean Linux doesn't have a system restore,,,Does it??? Lemme look into it you may just be able to reverse it...

Skink
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
it's hard to imagine what could of done that,,,I mean Linux doesn't have a system restore,,,Does it??? Lemme look into it you may just be able to reverse it...

Ok there seems to be a Disk Utility,,,did you mess with it yet???

Run Disk Utility:
If none of the previous suggestions worked, then it is time to move on to OS Xâ??s built in disk utility. Go hunt around for your OS X install disk and pop it in your drive. Then restart your computer holding down the â??Câ? key until your machine boots from the disk and not your harddrive. Once here a screen will appear asking you to begin installing OS X, you donâ??t want to do this. Instead, look in the menu and find the Disk Utility option and click on it. This quits the installation and opens up the Disk Utility interface. Once here you will want to click on the repair disk option and watch as OS X is fixed before your very eyes!

Skink
02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
lol, and people act like mac is so far supperior over pc... just because they can't get viruses.... lol!

and damn, i didn't know i wasn't the only one that gets angry at the computer and punches it...

I stopped throwing my computers after I figured how much it costs,,,LOLs... It's much cheaper punching the wall,,a little tape and spackle...

JaggedEdge
02-02-2007, 10:06 PM

I didn't think so either. I didn't lose anything saved on the hard drive, i now have default everything though. Even firefox wasn't recognized at first. Plus when I clicked on aim it gave me the set up scree again. All the factory aplications are. It isn't that big of a deal considering I didn't loose anything important, but kind of annoying I don't know why it happened.

The only thing I can think of is I was booting it up and the plug came out in the middle of boot up. I still don't understand why it would have done this though.

nikweiser
02-02-2007, 10:07 PM
i love my PC

slipknotpsycho
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I stopped throwing my computers after I figured how much it costs,,,LOLs... It's much cheaper punching the wall,,a little tape and spackle...

punching my walls is a bad idea, our house is a really old house... we don't have hollow walls, behind the sheet rock is solid wood... you can't put a hole in a wall in my house without like a sledge hammer or some shit... i've broken my hand many times punching the wall lol....

'sides, i usually punch my monitor and it's a champ... i've hit it nuuuuuuumerous times, really damn hard and it still hasn't had the slightest flaw or breakage... lol...

however, my keyboards rarely hold up... i've done good so far, i haven't hit this keyboard yet... (i've gotten angry and pressed keys alot harder then i really should, but i haven't punched it yet lol)

man, there should be a law against heavily stressed, overly angry people being able to own a comp.... o.0 sometimes it gets me so angry i can feel the damned veins in my neck and head throbbing...

wont' be a problem when i get my new comp (gonna be ordered no later then the 16th of this month as that's the latest our income money will be in the bank) CompUSA.com: HP Pavilion m7760n TV Minitower - RK570AA#ABA - Computers » Desktop PCs (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=m7760n&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=m7760n&Ntk=All&product_code=343707&Pn=Pavilion_m7760n_TV_Minitower)

bleh, now i'm upset... just in the last 2 days they've taken out the one with windows xp, and now they only have it (same computer tho) with windows vista... i didn't want vista, cuz i know it's going to fucking suck....