PDA

View Full Version : a nfl game in london? and china?

surreys princess
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
interesting...cool for preseason but wicked for the real season...i would love to be able to see a nfl game here in canada or nfl in mexico on vacation....but nfl at wembley stadium? that is just...well....cool

Dolphins to host Giants in London next season - NFL - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16600464/)

Psycho4Bud
02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
All I can say is that it's about time. Our fine friends across the sea need to know what REAL football is all about!:D

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

yoda
02-02-2007, 06:58 PM
All I can say is that it's about time. Our fine friends across the sea need to know what REAL football is all about!:D

ooooh that could start some big shit here

i dont really like it. some team is gonna get screwed by losing a real home game, and the fans get screwed too. the real money is here.

higher4hockey
02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah i dont know how i feel about that either, i read it in the paper this morning. if i was a miami fan i wouldnt be too pleased. i'd be kind of upset if the Steelers sold out there fans and went overseas for a game. but granted i guess it is good to get the game out there. but do that many europians really care ?

surreys princess
02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
i think it is okay..the game is in a bye week, like the article says, and it is a nice way for the team to go on vacation, meet other fans...it is about diversity i guess, i dont know....but i thought it was really cool...i understand that the teams have home based fans and whatnot, but the nfl does have other fans in other countries, and in the past, ticket sales in other countries have drawn huge crowds....one game out of all the games, i think that is okay...

Psycho4Bud
02-02-2007, 07:43 PM

ooooh that could start some big shit here

I know but really, NFL Europe isn't really the caliber of the U.S. NFL. :D

In all honesty though it should be interesting on the turn-out, jet lag, preparation, etc.....

ATrain
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I think it might be a good idea. Did anybody see the San Fran vs. Cardinals game in Mexico? Like over 90,000 fans! I'd love to see that in London. Not to mention I'd love to drive to T.O. for an NFL game.

Psycho4Bud
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
LONDON (Feb. 7, 2007) -- The NFL's first regular-season game outside North America already looks like a big hit.

More than 500,000 tickets were requested by about 160,000 fans in the three days following the Feb. 2 official announcement, the NFL said.

The ticket request process ends Feb. 18, two months before tickets go on sale for the Oct. 28 game between the Miami Dolphins and the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Wembley is expecting to seat between 85,000-90,000 for the game.
NFL.com - NFL News (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9980991)

Looks like the interest is definately there..........not really a suprise.:D

stinkyattic
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
i'd be kind of upset if the Steelers sold out there fans and went overseas for a game.
?
I think this is a really good point.
I'd be upset if I were a season ticket holder and found that one of the games had been moved.
Adding an extra game to the preseason is cool and all but 'real' games should be played AT THE HOME OF ONE OF THE TEAMS period.
If you're going to have American football in Europe, someone needs to get a team together over across the pond.