PDA

View Full Version : BadFish's Legal Advice

BadFish
11-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey all,

I recently realized that there are many of you out there who don't know your rights or much about the law at all, so I decided I'd make a quick post with some tips as to what to do on the unlucky day when you find yourself in handcuffs. If you think it will never happen, read this post anyway, because whatever can happen, will happen eventually.

This post assumes that you live in good ol'e shitty ass USA.

Tips for minors:

1) Never give consent to a police officer searching you. Unless you're 100% certain there is nothing as far as drugs or paraphanalia on you, don't give permission to a pig to search your person/car. If a cop stops you walking down the street and tries to intimidate you into permission to search you ask him for a warrent or his reason to believe you have contraband on you. Never admit to anything, ever.

2) Let's say you did get searched and the pig finds a sack of marijuana on you: cut your losses. They're going to cuff you and put you in the car, nothing you can do abot it. I don't suggest running, whether the cop is a 500 pounds or not, because he can always call other officers to the scene. Don't talk to the cop in the car, don't give a statement, don't cooperate. From the start they are going to tell you that cooperation will get you less of a charge, or that they'll even perhaps close their eyes to the situation if you give them the drugs you have on you without them having to search you, know that they're full of shit.

3) Once in the station, immediately ask to consult your lawyer. Legally, the cops either have to release you to your parents or send you to a juvenile detention center, don't let them harrass you.

Basically, on general practice, don't talk to the cops after you're arrested unless you're cussing them out. Everything you say will end up raping you in the ass in court, so watch your mouth. On the other hand, feel free to call them pig fuckers and bitch them out, as long as you don't make the mistake of threatening them.

Tips for adults:

1) Basically, the same goes for minors, accept that you'll most likely go straight to jail and be issued a bond. Ask for your lawyer, don't cooperate, and make your phone call. Cooperating with the cops will get you nothing, don't do it.

My story:

Around 12:00 PM one Friday I was walking from my car to my mate's van, about twelve feet away. After getting what I needed out of the trunk of my car, I proceeded to walk to the van. I turned around, noticed a cop car, and didn't think much of it since I wasn't doing anything wrong. I got in the van, and the cop immediately flipped his lights on and stopped his car behind the van. The cop got out, asked for permission to search me, I made the mistake of agreeing to it (assuming that I had nothing on me, of course)... He found a small bag of marijuana (less then a gram) that I forgot to discard in the inside pocket of my jacket... He then cuffed me and put me in the cop car... He asked permission to search my friend jake's van, jake gave permission since he didn't have anything in the van, and they let him off with a $90 minor with posession of cigarette ticket (since his mom smokes and it was her van). They asked permission to search my car, I declined, said that he never saw me touch the car so it shouldn't even be involved... Over the next 45 minutes six cops arrived, and they were dilligently trying to get a search warrent for my car... After finding out they couldn't get a warrent, they brought a drug dog outside my car and it smelt nothing... After that plan failed they simply used the Auto Exception (Exception to a search warrent... look it up) and cracked the doors to my car and found 11 pipes, a 1 foot ice bong, my 4 foot bong, seven sacks of marijuana and a bag of hash... I was detained and sent to the Juvenile detention center...

I'm not a lawyer, just trying to think of some tips for those of you who are unlucky enough to get raped by the cops.

Hope this helps,

BadFish.

Encatuse
11-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the tips. Now I'll add one of my own:

Personally I have found that cooporating with pigs does sometimes aid you. The popo aren't ALL abunch of moronic dickheads out to service as puppetry for uncle sam's conspiracy against marijuana. Many have seen so much violence, rape, and murder that a baggie of marijuana is nothing. Though it is still their "civil duty" as an officer to report it, you might get the one cop who takes your baggie and says "Dont let me catch you with this shit again you hear me? You'll end up in jail." Trust me, it happens. It's rare, but it does happen, though it will NOT happen if you cuss him out, sniffing around asking if he smells burnt bacon or pig shit or something. The best approach is to either be very polite and ashamed seeming ((if its a cool-seeming officer)) or just to remain silent. Also, make sure to take note if they read you your rights or just cuff you and throw you in the popo-mobile. One mistake like not reading you your rights and your free. You don't get your drugs, but you dont get any criminal charges/fines either.

Hope this helps too,

Encatuse

BadFish
11-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I suppose that it's different in different areas... Around here, police don't care about the "constitution" or our "rights", they do what they want when they want. The Riley County Police Department is not bound by "rules", "laws", or "guidelines", and they never were.

BadFish

Encatuse
12-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Yeah. My old best friend's dad was a cop. He was a real awesome guy. And I always used to make fun of him because he ate donuts ALL the time. ^.^ How stereotypical. Anyway, yeah, he was the one who would tell us "Ya know.. it's like every day I go to some shooting and I have to help lift someone with a bullet through their head or a knife wound in their back onto a cart,, and then I walk outside and I'll see a person smoking weed, not caring about shit and not hurting anyone. What am I supposed to do you know?" He said he ignored it most of the time just because he didnt think weed was bad.. but sometimes he was a bad cop and would confiscate it for himself. :P

KennabisCranium
12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
I was pulled over in Utah by a Sevier County Deputy. He claimed I was doing 67 in a 65 zone. I gave him my license, current reg, proof of ins. all cleared. he then asked me if he could search my vw bus. I said no. he threatened with calling in for a drug dog if I wouldn't allow it. i said, "state your probable cause". he didn't and called in for a dog. found a half OZ in the back, a pipe, and a little jar with a gram of bud. cuffed and booked, put in a cell. my friend bails me out for a couple grand (they offered me a deal to cop to one of the charges for $600 and the rest get dropped) I get back to Colorado and get to the law library. find US Supreme Court, 10th Circuit Appellate Court, and Utah State Supreme Court rulings as to why they should dismiss my case. My PubDef shows my stuff to the DA and my case is dismissed. I have just filed a civil violations lawsuit against the Sheriff's Dept and the Deputies involved for illegal search and seizure and wrongful arrest. EVERYONE KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

haha
06-28-2005, 02:00 AM
I was pulled over in Utah by a Sevier County Deputy. He claimed I was doing 67 in a 65 zone. I gave him my license, current reg, proof of ins. all cleared. he then asked me if he could search my vw bus. I said no. he threatened with calling in for a drug dog if I wouldn't allow it. i said, "state your probable cause". he didn't and called in for a dog. found a half OZ in the back, a pipe, and a little jar with a gram of bud. cuffed and booked, put in a cell. my friend bails me out for a couple grand (they offered me a deal to cop to one of the charges for $600 and the rest get dropped) I get back to Colorado and get to the law library. find US Supreme Court, 10th Circuit Appellate Court, and Utah State Supreme Court rulings as to why they should dismiss my case. My PubDef shows my stuff to the DA and my case is dismissed. I have just filed a civil violations lawsuit against the Sheriff's Dept and the Deputies involved for illegal search and seizure and wrongful arrest. EVERYONE KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

Hopefully you win so those fucking pigs lose money.

nicholasstanko
06-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeh man it'll be fucking cool if you take whatever money they give you and smoke a fatty courtesy of the u.s. government.

purple luigi
06-28-2005, 10:15 PM
touche. also, it's best to keep stuff in the trunk.