PDA

View Full Version : leaf issues

DonJuan
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey all you Aussies

I have posted here beacuse I got no response on the YANK site!
The girls have leaf issues - some of the mid and lower leaves are slowly turning brown, curling up etc. It only seems to effect one of the *fingers, , not the whole leaf. Thought maybe bugs so chopped the damaged part off and left the rest, but no, over watering, I dont think so, over ferts, dont think so. I havnt a clue so ive posted. Please show sum Aussie spirit and help out a poor grower. BTW; it seems a hell of a lot friendlier over here. I am really just growing for seeds (as silly as that sounds), but its cheaper than sending away to a seedbank and a shitload safer.

Cyclonite
01-29-2007, 12:20 PM
That looks like a possible Zn deficiency.....flush and give em a little more micronutes.

SDK SLAYER
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
are they getting lots of fresh air ??

DonJuan
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Ta 4 the replies

Yes they seem to be better. They are getting enough air from a rewired PC fan.
Zinc, yes perhaps.

Thanks fellas.

DJ

DonJuan
02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi again

sorry for all the quesions, but do you reckon their too close to the light? its only 36 watts and is covered by a plastic mount. A fan runs all day at the top of the box to keep em cool, and given that their only a few weeks away from finishing. The tops of the tallest one sits to the side of the flouro light source and I have a tin-foil covered peice of cardboard acting as a reflector on top. The rest of the box is lined with alfoil. Doesnt get hot at all. The boys have already dropped their loads so hopefully end up with a cache of decent seeds to play with next time.

Regards

DJ
;)

SDK SLAYER
02-04-2007, 01:41 AM
na man, you can flouro's about 4" 10cm from the plants without burning....I was looking at some deficient plants earlier & I think yours may have a phosphorus deficency....not sure tho....give them a good feed with Seasol or Charlie Carp or any fish emulsion-type food & see how they go....

:hippy:
Slayer

DonJuan
02-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Hippy Slayer

Nice to see a reply from one of the good guys!
Nah, the shows almost about over mate, another 9 days and the lights go off for a month or so. I have acheived may aim: 2 get some decent seeds free of charge. The flower bracts are starting to burst and show seed so Ill let em run a little longer. I belive its best to harvest when the flower hairs turn an amber colour - i.e the high is more up that stoned. They are small flowers, many of em, but not bad considering a non-hydro, 36 watt operation. I hope to back cross these new seeds a few times to get a somewhat stable bush.

be seeing in cyberspace mate - any pics of your current grow - wasnt it some White Skunk stuff? send me a link to sum pics please.

Cheers

DJ
:jointsmile:

SDK SLAYER
02-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Hey DJ....I'm a bit of a pc noob, I can't do links proper....LMAO....you can find my grows here in the "Strains & Seeds" section....I update them semi-regularly, so they are near the top of the list....