PDA

View Full Version : How long do i have till harvest

suede_fillet
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Based on the pictures can anyone tell me about how long i have until harvesting? Also what would be the best method? I am reading about drying and canning, are they both necessary and for how long?

suede_fillet
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Actually here are better pics

thegambler
01-28-2007, 09:58 PM
At least 6 weeks, maybe a week or two longer. I hang mine for about a week, then jar them and open the lids and blow out the air a couple of times a day to remove moisture. If they are moist I leave the lid off. Then as they dry I open once a day or two until well dry. Leave in cool, dark place. Smokem or wait a month or two which really brings out the flavors.

mountainman
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
It's really strain dependent, some strains you can push 9-12 weeks and some can barely go over 8. The plant will tell you when it's ready, just look at the trichomes. But yes, 6 or even 8 weeks may be a good guess.

Uncle E
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Yep 6 -8 is a good call. Trichomes are the "resin" glands you see on the plants as they mature. Use a magnifying lens or jewelers loupe so you can see the "heads" to tell when the time is right for harvest. This link has some good pics. of what mountainman is talking about.Trichomes (http://www.weedfarmer.com/pictures/v/Mr+S33D/vf/Trichomes.jpg.html)

bio-green-grower
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah at least six weeks for sure.You got a long time to wait mine look like this at 5 weeks and i'm going still another 5