PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Amsterdam next weekend!!!

Billy
01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey peepz!

Like the subject of the topic says, im heading to Amsterdam next weekend. I was just wondering, is there anything I should need to know when I'm there. I'm only going there for a day, obviously to get absolutely wrecked. But like, are there things that i should be weary off, such as these street drug dealers. Also, how much money would you expect to spend over there in one day? I'm not going to get a shag from a prozzy, just wreckage.

Well lookin forward to it!!! Give me some tips, places to go, things to do, in a day... Im willing to start the day at 9AM and finish at like 12 PM or later...
Also, Im very poorly informed on the strains of weed. What should I try? Whats great, whats shit, should I smoke hash or MJ as ive never tried hash before, just soap bar which is crap...

Thanks for the info peepz

LIP
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Dont buy off the streets. Cannabis is not legal over there, just highly highly tolerated. Buy it from the coffee shops, then you know its quality.

Your only allowed a 5 gram maximum, so just get some weed, smoke it, and go back for more.

Try a bit of everything, and DEFINATLY try the hash. It's nothing like soap, it's good stuff. 40% THC and higher. The weed is great too.

You wanna get wrecked? Go for white widow, white rhino and hash plant all in one big spliff. And roll it into a tulip. If your still concious your going to have a fun day ahead of you.

If you want to learn more about certain strains, do a google for seedbanks. They'll have the genetics and indica sativa ratio on them, some also have a THC content. You can guess how good they are by how much the seeds cost. If the seeds are expensive it's good, because your paying for good genetics with alot of active cannabinoids and THC.

Indica plants are the strongest.

smok3y
01-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Lucky you..
Iv not been to the dam yet.. Hope fully go some time this year if I get my shit sorted and start workin properly..

Have a good time..

Amun
01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah, i wana go there and try the buds, hash and shrooms.

need to save up some $$$$.

iPot
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
The bar I always go to for generally buying and for a beer is Zappa's Bar, or Cafe42 as its now called. You go straight down Damrak, and take a right down the narrow alleyway (Oudebrugstreeg) directly across from The Grasshopper on the street to the left (you will see it its the green building). Zappa's bar is a cool place it was my first stoned experience in amsterdam and I've always gone back there, I reccomend a nice pre-rolled joint of ketama for starters, and well basiclly anything you buy there is good quality. Like all Amsterdam its become quite expensive since the euro came in.
When you come out of there and you have the munchies the little MAOZ falafel shop right across from it is the best MAOZ in holland in my opinion, the only one that does "het heel smakelijk" mango curry sauce.

Also reccomend doing a shisha water pipe in one of the coffeeshops down Harlemmerstraat.

Don't worry too much about the street dealers, just keep your wits about you and avoid eye contact with them. They will at some point try to sell you "charlie" but just walk past them and ignore them, if you want you can say this- "Nay, Dank yi-vell." then they will think you are dutch and are less likely to give you any hassle. That means No thank you very much and its spelt how you would say it.

If you fancy a night out clubbing either Paradiso or Panama, you can smoke in there, but some of the other clubs don't like it. They have bands on there depends on the night so they could be sold out.

And if you fancy a really cultured Hollandse experience then come to Nijmegen.

Marco Renda
01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I've been there on several occassions. I attended the Cannabis Cup that High Times puts on and it was a waste of my hard earned cash. Now in a couple of weeks I'm going to attend the High Life Cup which is by far the most professional show in Amsterdam concerning marijuana. They just finished their Spain Cup last weekend and from what I was told they had well over 10,000 consumers in attendance.

So if you are thinking of going to a cup in Amsterdam go to the HIGH LIFE CUP you won't go home disappointed

Take Care and Peace
Marco Renda
Federal Exemptee
Publisher & Editor
Treating Yourself
The Alternative Medicine Journal

Billy
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Im only going to have one full day in Amsterdam like I said, but I will have the night when i get there. I want to try the shrooms, but I dont want it to affect my stoning. If I got some stonage going down, n tried some mellow shrooms, on teh first night that is, will I be ok? And will I mildly hallucinate? Also, how long are the effects of the shrooms? As Ive never tried them before, I dont want it to ruin my trip. Thanks

Oh, and I'm not much of a clubber... Not when I'm stoned anyway, I'd just like to go to a nice chilled out relaxed coffeeshop n sit n get stoned. Obviously I'll go to more than one coffeeshop. Thanks for the feedback people, appreciate it.

DeepFriedBrain
01-27-2007, 02:01 AM
Highlife at the RAI rocks, a growers event rather than a smokers gig, but very good all the same.
Feb 22-25 '07
Be there.

iPot
02-03-2007, 02:42 PM
If your only there for a day I'd just stick to the pot.

funkspiel
02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
First time on shrooms you want to be in a familiar place.

crazyape
02-13-2007, 04:52 AM
haha i'm from netherland;) but i live Canada now have fun dude in here! and buy your stuff in da coffee it's quality;p

iPot
02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
First time on shrooms you want to be in a familiar place.

Or a forest. Shrooms are not good for busy places.

bklynbenz
02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
this might help, i had posted this on a mercedes forum that im on after my trip last year where i really documented everything and took tons of pictures.....

first thing you should do when you get there is go into one of the souvenir shops and buy this book called 'the smokers guide'. you can see what it looks like here and it wouldnt be a bad idea to read the site too before you shoot over there, its very helpful:

A Smokers Guide to Amsterdam, marijuana, cannabis and drug guide. (http://www.smokersguide.com/)

heres my favorites list in no particular order:

coffeeshops:
1> barneys
2> grey area
3> hill street blues
4> baba
5> abraxas
6> greenhouse
7> amnesia
8> dutch flower

murdas:
1> willie nelsons from barneys
2> arjanâ??s ultra haze #2 from greenhouse
3> nyc diesel from nes
4> nevilles haze from hunters
5> grey haze from grey area
6> sweet tooth from bluebird

hash:
1> carmella cream from barneys
2> nevilles haze hash from greenhouse
3> abraxas special from abraxas
4> skuff from pink floyd
5> iceolator from barneys

shrooms:
1> azurescens (worlds strongest shrooms)
2> thai

food:
1> fondue anything

drinks:
1> loozas + grey goose

things i noticed when we were over there:

1> everyone hates americans yet they listen to american music, try to dress like americans, talk like americans. all the locals we ran into that werent in coffee shops (and some in certain shops like dutch flower, basjoe) always looked at us like we had ten heads. if we asked for directions or advice most of the time we were ignored, told 'ney' or a few times called farkin arsholes, lol.

2> big brother is everywhere. videos cameras in all the streets, in all the alleys, on all the corners. not as many uniformed cops as say nyc but we learned most of the cops that are on duty are undercover with cameras on their necks. also on the highways they have those cameras on the signs that monitor your speed between signs and if you get to a sign quicker than you should you can expect to get a ticket in the mail.

3> that we get the same or even better weed in nyc except that its 10 times as expensive and theres not always as big of a selection. we also dont get anywhere as near the variety and amount of hash here. its too risky here, if youre gonna sell hash you might as well sell coke.

4> the cheese fondue at all the spots we ate at was great.

5> one thing i did not like was all the shady looking al qaeda terrorist looking people in the coffee shops smoking hash out of a hookah in the corner or selling donuts and pastries in the bakeries. wasnt sure if they were plotting their next move in the coffee shops over some hash or that buying donuts and shit we were helping support those motherfukers.

6> all the street peddlers trying to sell us coke, e, h, crystal, etc., everytime we walked past them stopped after my boy knocked one of them out when he wouldnt get out of his face, lol.

7> the hotel tried telling us we couldnt smoke the murdas in the hotel and actually put us in the no-cigarette smoking section of the hotel. didnt matter to us, we still puffed in the hotel and each time they knocked on our door we asked them if they honestly thought that 4 guys from nyc werent going to smoke in amsterdam as we continued to blaze.

8> tv sucks over there. they have a bunch of corny ass stupid US sitcoms that they re-run with i guess dutch subtitles. pretty interesting how you can just sms a hooker to your room from the commercials on tv.

9> i had the concierge at the hotel we were staying at call a cab for us to bring us to the airport and this guy that looked exactly like the transporter pulled up in a swb w220 s320 cdi and the trip to the airport he was tellling us all about amsterdam and what goes on besides the usual stuff:

-he was saying that he used to live in the city but for the price of a flat with one bathroom he was able to get a 5 bedroom house with a few baths for the same price as the flat just outside the flower district (i think he said thats just past the airport)

-that right now the dutch people are concerned about the sudden influx of immigrants, especially those from turkey and moracco. he said that was another reason he and his fam bounced from the city and went to the suburbs. he said him and his wife were having a hard time sending their kids to school where out of 30 kids in a classroom, under 10 of them were dutch and that all these immigrant kids def dont have the same mentality and beliefs as the dutch.

- that he paid 107,000 euros for his s class that he owns and operates himself as a livery driver. he said he got back like 30,000 or so euros from the govt under some program. part of the program is to keep the car i think he said for at least 10 years or a pre-determined mileage.

- that next time we go back, he gave us all his info so that we can hire him for the week as a chauffeur/guide and he'll show us the "real" amsterdam, lol.