PDA

View Full Version : WHY?!

slipknotpsycho
01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
why do kids make such a big deal out of you cutting their hair ??? >.< the entire time i was cutting his hair with scissors (cuz the clippers scare him before they even touch him) he's screaming his head off til his face looks like a tomato... it was kinda funny tho.. cuz he kept screaming he got hair in his mouth lol... and he was sticking both his hands in his mouth stringing out a slober trail like a foot long off each hand or some shit and spitting.. all while screaming...

i can't wait to pawn him off on a barber..

LeetCraig
01-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Lol, thankfully i haven't had that experience yet of being the cutter, even though I was told that I was like that as a baby, but I'm sure it's pretty interesting.

BabySnookums
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
well his hair was getting so long it was in his eyes and today he'd managed to get pancake syrup matted up in the ends anyways...
something had to be done lol

JunkYard
01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
My son was the same way, but he went even further; he couldn't stand getting his hair wet even. Bath time was a nightmare, man.. ..for years, lol!

I feel for ya,

MastaChronic
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
because cutting hair is very unnatural and somehow kids sense this.

Samwhore
01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
they probally think its going to hurt, because your are cutting a part of your body off, and the scissors probally scare him

BabySnookums
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
My son was the same way, but he went even further; he couldn't stand getting his hair wet even. Bath time was a nightmare, man.. ..for years, lol!

I feel for ya,

i know...my son trips out ONLY when you're washing his hair though....everything else he's giggling and happy and splashing, get his head wet and he FLIPS!

Skink
01-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Well I remember my mother cutting my hair and it hurt like a bitch... Make sure you have the right scissors and they are sharp... What happens when they are dull is they pull the hair before it cuts and it feels just like someone is pulling out your hair... LOLz I can remember my mother thinking the same about me,,,I was some sort of wimp...

VaporDaddy
01-25-2007, 11:36 AM
My older sister cut half my hair off when I was 4 and I got screamed at!
wtf?!

Anyway, good luck bro. Just remember to love every second of these little crisis because soon they will be all grown up....and you'll wish you could do it all over again.

Hug your kids. NOW!

slipknotpsycho
01-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Well I remember my mother cutting my hair and it hurt like a bitch... Make sure you have the right scissors and they are sharp... What happens when they are dull is they pull the hair before it cuts and it feels just like someone is pulling out your hair... LOLz I can remember my mother thinking the same about me,,,I was some sort of wimp...

they're the right scissors, because they came from my hair cutting kit lol... and they are sharp as hell...

btw he screams whenever he sees them, before i've even had a chance to start cutting.. so it's not cuz it hurts :p

Fengzi
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
We've got a 3yo little girl and haven't touched her hair yet. She's got this gorgeous wavy long hair that most women would kill for, so we figure why bother. Sooner or later though, she'll need at least a trim and I'm dreading that day. Especially if it's anything like cutting her toenails. Holy crap, that's a battle!!

She has no problem with her fingernails but when it comes to the toes it's a two person job. I literally have to sit on her and try to hold her foot still with all my might while my wife tries to cut the nails. All this while she's screaming like we're torturing her or something. I'm seriously amazed that the neighbors haven't heard her screaming and reported it as abuse or something.

slipknotpsycho
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
amazing how strong the lil' buggers are sometimes huh?

slipknotpsycho
01-25-2007, 10:22 PM
btw a tip for anyone that has to go through this... wait til they're breathing in again getting ready to scream, and then do the snips you need to quickly... lol i had to basicly cut his hair when he was breathing in cuz any other time he's flailing and flopping his head around and everything else...

01-25-2007, 10:37 PM
most other animals probably don't like getting their hair removed either

slipknotpsycho
01-25-2007, 10:49 PM
the shit-zoo (i dunno how to spell it right :p) we had loved getting his hair cut.. when he'd get back from getting cut he'd be running around like you just gave him a bowl of meth or some shit lol...

mfitzp
01-25-2007, 10:53 PM
let him grow it until everyone calls him a girl and he begs u to cut it lol

WordUpMuffin
01-25-2007, 11:17 PM
let him grow it until everyone calls him a girl and he begs u to cut it lol

hahah awesome method =D~~~

VaporDaddy
01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
F.Y.I. everyone: If your child wakes up with silly putty embedded in his/her hair Pam cooking spray takes that crap out like it was meant for just that.

Inferius
01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
F.Y.I. everyone: If your child wakes up with silly putty embedded in his/her hair Pam cooking spray takes that crap out like it was meant for just that.

Damn... wish I had known that one sooner...

Cutting hair was never as bad as showering.
They ALWAYS got soap/shampoo in my eyes.
I remember when I heard it was time for a bath/shower I would hide
and if they found me I would grab onto something.
Never a good expirience.

If you have to cut your younglings hair, get them going on a sugar high close to bedtime and when they pass out prop em up with the help of your spouse and do it then.

Chronic Chrissy
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I practice Attachment Parenting ideas(not all though). Anyways it has to do basically with supporting your childs basic demands and wants from newborn to make them feel secure and they move away, explore and develope at their own pace because theyare comfortable and know that her parents are always there. That being said I have never resorted to Cry It Out, except in the car(safty), and for health reasons(meds).

When it came to bath time she hated it, so we got in the tub with her. Then we led by example and dumped water on our heads first, Plus kept thewater out of her face(that's a survival skill that's instinct). Showers we did since birth and worked slowly from the feet up and used a wet clothe to rinse hair till she was comfortable. As for toenails and fingernails I started while she was awake but relaxed and trim the all oneat a time till it was done.

As for the hair don't we teach our children to be scared of scissors? When a toddler grabs a pair from somewhere(who cares where from or how they got therer) We come running in and go "no, owwies," Plus our heart starts racing and they sense our change in emotion and fear for their safty. Kids are move sensitive to that then we give the credit for. When we pull out the scissors and know there will be a fight we tense up and they feed off that too. Make cutting their hair a play thing. Get pretend scissors, and cut her toys hair with her, lethim pretend to cut your hair with your spouses help, then let him know it's his/her turn take the fake scissors and make the switch. The other thing is wait till their ready to do it themselves, then get them excited about it.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the naked feeling I get even getting a trim. Then there are little boys who go from a nice warm soft rug of hair to a fuzzy chilly buzz cut.

But then again my daughter is only 6 months old, I do however have 14 bros and sis's 7 younger than me who I helped raised, but I'm still a new mom and of course have everything figured out.

Oh and I remeber the silly putty thing with my little sis, lol, she got it snipped out too, lol

Pipe Dreams
01-26-2007, 08:16 PM
wait, so you have 21 siblings? damn! your parents must have been busy as hell!

Chronic Chrissy
01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
No 14 total between a few blended families, 7 of them are younger than me, 7 older, I'm right smack dab in the middle. I hate to say it but I've seen and been a part of many different parenting styles often raising younger siblings myself for periods of time as a child. I know what works and what doesn't for us and haow to alter ideas to fit different children. On top of that my mother took in foster children and worked with mentally retarded individuals so I know alot when it comes to training(really that's what we are doing as parents) and preparing people for life and indenpendence, as well as nurturing, loving, and helping develope full potential.

VaporDaddy
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
How about the vacuum? My kids are great in the tub and with hair cuts but the vacuum terrorizes them. Of course I can undertand why, the thing scares me too.

Chronic Chrissy
01-27-2007, 03:37 PM
The vacuum put my daughter to sleep lol. Apparently it simulates white noise heard within the womb. Chase them with it and it'll change their mind pretty quick.

Chronic Chrissy
01-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Check out what K let me do to her hair yesterday....chronicchrissy - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o124/chronicchrissy/) it started as pig tails and grew from there. It goes down both sides and uses a total of 10 elastics.

I was looking at her hair as I was doing it and it come down right below her eyebrows so it's almost time for her first hair cut, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ibu Jari
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
my son hates having his hair buzzed, as it does pull. But recently he's allowed me to trim around his ears with the hair scissors, and wet hair with no problem.

Samwhore
02-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Check out what K let me do to her hair yesterday....chronicchrissy - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o124/chronicchrissy/) it started as pig tails and grew from there. It goes down both sides and uses a total of 10 elastics.

I was looking at her hair as I was doing it and it come down right below her eyebrows so it's almost time for her first hair cut, I'll let you all know how it goes.

you have the cutest baby, what a cute face

TheAtomicPunk
02-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Hm, I never mind getting my hair cut as a child. I fell asleep in the barber chair everytime. Now a days, I let my hair grow past my shoulders, then cut it off up to my ears, and let it grow out again. No biggy.