PDA

View Full Version : CURING?

CO DE
11-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Can some please tel my the stages of curing, coz all I know is to put the bud into glass jar and open it every day for 15mins to let air get to it.

Thanks for any replys. :)

PEACE TO ALL!

wardrobe grower 78
11-27-2004, 09:40 PM
ive just came to the curing stage myself code and i have them in a curing jar but im opening them twice a day for about 30 minutes because im paranoid about them going mouldy!!

CO DE
11-27-2004, 11:18 PM
how long did u dry it for before u put the buds in the jar?

Cheers! :)

PEACE TO ALL!

J DOG 6000
06-08-2005, 11:17 AM
strip the leaves so all thats left is stems with buds on them.
Hang it upside down in the dark until you can break the bud stem with your fingers(bends when wet),about 7 - 14 days then it's ready for the curing jars.The longer you let it sit the better the cure!!!

snow owl
06-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I would say cure, then dry. Sweat the buds until a partial loss of chlorophyl, increase ventilation to slow process(tin foil top w/ holes) and prevent mold, then increase ventilation more until you want a full on dry. Jars are risky though because buds are touching. best if you build a cure/dry cabinet with vent slats and screen trays that slide out when you want to dry. place buds on racks close but not touching.

trippruss
06-22-2005, 03:06 PM
hang 'em to dry until the buds r dry to touch on outside but still moist on inside, then into paperbags, open once a day to toss around roll up bag, when stems snap when bent, put into jars, open jars first cpl of days for few minutes, after a cpl days leave the lid on, the longer the better. this process should take a minimum of 3 weeks

Zandor
06-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I would say cure, then dry. Sweat the buds until a partial loss of chlorophyl, increase ventilation to slow process(tin foil top w/ holes) and prevent mold, then increase ventilation more until you want a full on dry. Jars are risky though because buds are touching. best if you build a cure/dry cabinet with vent slats and screen trays that slide out when you want to dry. place buds on racks close but not touching.
You dry out the moisture either using the paper bag method, hanging methoid (upside down if only for convince and has nothing to do with the process) or you can make a dry cabinet that maintains a constant temperature of 85 degrees F with very gentle air movement.
You don't put them into jars until they are dry or you run a big risk of mold.
The curing process is when the chlorophyll breaks down and the plant will use the stored energy. This is how you mellow-out the buds.

snow owl
06-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Perhaps my jar statements were faulty. I was trying to aid in a makeshift way for those unable to make a proper cure/dry box. But I firmly beleive you cure first then have a final dry. Not the other way around! Curing requires moisture for the microbial life processes of loosing chlorophly and converting starches into sugars. Jars are for storage and preservation after the cure then the dry. As to not to base my opposition to the majorities' view of dry then cure solely on my opinion, I offer the following link for those to read for themselves.

http://www.dutch-ganja.com/curing.html

P.S. This link is complete theft word for word from Mel Frank's book in the 70's.