PDA

View Full Version : DIY- How To - Carbon Filter

Bodom Children Of
11-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Pic 1- Here are all the supplies you need for this 4" carbon scrubber.

Bodom Children Of
11-08-2006, 06:17 PM
First thing to build is the inner chamber.

pic1 - supplies:
6"-4" reducer
4" cap
2 - 4.5" screw fasteners
10" length of Heavy duty chicken wire
2 - pannyhose legs

pic2 - Wrap the 10" length of chicken wire around the 4" end cap to form a cylinder. I used a bunch of zip ties to secure the cylinder's shape.

Pic3 - Slide the pannyhose legs over the cylinder to act as a screen for the carbon.

Pic4 - Secure the end cap on one end of the cylinder with one of the 4.5" screw fasteners.

Pic5 - Secure the 6"-4" reducer to the open end of the cylinder with the other 4.5" screw fastener.

That's it. The inner chamber is done. Set aside we'll need it in a bit.

Bodom Children Of
11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Next to build is the Outer Chamber.

Pic1-Supplies
6" cap
2 - 6.5" screw clamps/fasteners
12" length of Heavy duty chicken wire
3 - pannyhose legs

pic2 - Wrap the 12" length of chicken wire around the 6" end cap to form a cylinder. I used a bunch of zip ties to secure the cylinder's shape.

Pic3 - Slide the pannyhose legs over the cylinder to act as a screen for the carbon.

Pic4 - Now you should have all of these parts....almost done:thumbsup:

Pic5- Now slide the 6" cylinder over the 6" section of the 6"-4" reducer (and the inner chamber) and secure with a 6.5" screw fastener

Bodom Children Of
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Filling with Activated carbon and finishing it.

pic1 - Without the 6" end cap on the bottom, the filter should look like this....notice this space in between the chambers....this is where the activated carbon goes.

pic2 - I used an oil spout with the end cut off to more easily disperse the carbon into the filter.

pic3 - Here is the filter filled with carbon.

pic4 - Finally put the 6" end cap on the bottom and we're good to go.

Pic5 - Here is the finally product.

Have fun kiddies...post if you have a question:thumbsup: :smokin: