PDA

View Full Version : got busted in the city

kickmynugs
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
hey all i was busted with 25grams of really nice green in chicago and my court date is coming up. Since its a misdameaner for less than 1oz, should I bother getting a lawyer or should I just go represent myself?

kickmynugs
01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
any replies welcomed here...

SmokeyTokey
01-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't have any good advice for you brother. If it was a misdemeanor is there some sort of plea you could work out? Sorry this happened to you man, I hope it works out okay in the end.

-Smokey

trynagethigh
02-04-2007, 06:39 PM
you will probably get drug school

CheebaMan
02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
my only reply is that "You Fucked Up"

klarity
04-26-2007, 08:50 PM
is it your first offense?

it is a misdemeanor since its under a z, but either way I would get a lawyer. an attorney will cost you between $750-1000, but they are worth the money since they can plea you out of the charge for a first offense. if it is not your first offense i would definitely get a lawyer

good luck and sorry this happened to you

user123
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM
yooooo. it all depends how u got busted. and if its ur first offense pls elaborate

kickmynugs
05-04-2007, 11:27 PM
hey all, i forgot to update you guys. i went to court and opted for the free state provided lawyer. i didnt see my lawyer until my name was called for the hearing so i was never able to get briefed or talk to my lawyer prior to the case. So the hearing goes on I plead guilty and the judge tells me I need to go to drug school and I would avoid any fines, jailtime, etc. when I complete the course. After drug school I can have the case expunged from my record so I guess its not so bad. One thing is I wasnt really able to say much during my hearing. My lawyer wrote a few things down in his paperwork, and he was worthless. The criminal system really sucks, I cant imagine how people can defend themselves if they were non guilty of charges..

MrNiceguy421
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
my only reply is that "You Fucked Up"

lol TRUE DAT

cobracommander1079
11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
You should have tried to pay the cop off!! Usually if you only have a few grams Chicago cops take it and let you go (provided your not violent or possesing a gun).

howhigh22
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Represent yourself if its your first time... you ll prob get drug school and a fine

Chiguy
04-05-2008, 11:59 PM
You're first offense you always are let off pretty light as long as you aren't caught with weight.

Where you fucked up is getting the P.A... public attorneys work for the system, no matter what people tell you. For the most part they dont give a fuck about you or your case, and their job is to get you through the system as quick as possible.