PDA

View Full Version : Did you or your wife smoke while pregnant?

BabyFacedAbortion
01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Simple question, did your wife or yourself smoke while pregnant with your children? OR what's your opinion on smoking while pregnant. Smoke = Smoke weed.

friendowl
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
my kids mom did sometimes
i wonder if that swhy he has an arm
near his neck
just messing she did a lil and hes my honor roll champ

cigareetes and drinking are a "hell nah'
but weed is the all purpose cure

keeko
01-04-2007, 12:14 AM
good question, i asked this a while back, what most people told me was the only way that smoking would cause harm is from lack of oxygen. but ingesting/vaporizing wont cause any harm....it also helps with the morning sickness and such

Fengzi
01-04-2007, 12:22 AM
My wife doesn't smoke anyways so, no, she didn't smoke when she was pregnant. She went a little overboard though(at least in my opinion) and gave up everything: alcohol (of course), caffiene, any medicine, sushi, etc. Shit, she wouldn't even touch a piece of chocolate during her pregnancy because it would contain caffeine. No meds during the birth either, no epidural no nothing. She also exercised 4 times a week at the gym. Watching her big pregnant belly battling up the stairmaster for 30mins was always fun :D

Funny thing, our daughter was born 7 weeks early and only weighed 4lbs. 13 oz. She was perfectly healthy though and we were able to bring her home right away. We always figure that everything my wife did, while not preventing the early birth, helped keep our tiny daughter healthy once she was born. And, by the time she was two she'd caught up to, actually passed, other kids in terms of height and weight.

As far as a woman smoking during her pregnancy is concerned, I always figure it this way: Would you blow a hit into an infant's face? No? Than why do it when they're still inside?

BabyFacedAbortion
01-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Cool answers guys, in my opinion I'm for smoking (well not necessarly smoking, maybe vap or eating like someone said) while pregnant, unless a new study shows that it's in any way harmful to the baby. Keep 'em coming :)

HiProGlow
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
My wife smoked here and there, marijuana that is, while she was pregnant. To this day I swear that's why my daughter slept through the night from day one. She's also very bright, was reading before she started pre-k and has an imagination to die for. She was a big baby too.... 9lbs 11oz.

birdgirl73
01-04-2007, 01:22 AM
I didn't smoke and wouldn't have even if I'd been a smoker during that time, which I wasn't. I was like Fengzi's wife and gave up everything, caffeine, alcohol, sushi and medicines included. If I'd colored my hair during that time, I'd have quit that, too. You just never know. My son was full-term and weighed an amazing 10 lbs, 7 oz., but I don't attribute that to my being compulsive during the pregnancy. I attribute it to the fact that his father is immense. I said "This is your fault" as the OR staff was all oohing and aahing at the baby's size after they wrestled him out of me by C-section and weighed him.

It's unlikely that studies will ever be done on this question, BFA. No one with sense is ever going to study vulnerable, developing fetuses and how they respond to cannabis. It's easier just to play it safe and not smoke for that comparatively short time, although there are people who do otherwise. Fengzi's point that no reasonable person would ever blow cannabis smoke into a baby's face is a good one.

dutch.lover
01-04-2007, 01:31 AM
i read in my psychology textbook that the only side effects marijuana has on the baby/fetus is low(er) birth weight. that's one of the side effects smoking cigarettes has on fetuses as well (among other things of course), and most women kill for a lower birth weight. lol. not that i am condoning it.

my mother smoked cigarettes both when pregnant with me, and my younger sister. we were both very heavy babies when born (my ma called us football players), so i dunno if cigarettes had an effect in this case. i don't know exactly what side effects tobacco causes to the fetus, i could look it up but i am sure birdgirl could enlighten me on that. i did get spinal meningitis e-coli at 8 days old, which almost killed me (no side effects from it to date tho, lucky for me)...but i don't think it's related to my mothers cigarette smoking. correct me if i am wrong, i am very intersted in this subject.

420purplehaze420
01-04-2007, 03:08 AM
I really hope if i have kids that my wife doesnt smoke while pregnant, i dont know if it does infact harm the baby but i know it sure as hell dont help.

think what you want but its a proven fact babies like oxygen, so im sure they would prefer it over smoke.

invision
01-04-2007, 04:22 AM
hate me if you want

my GF smoked her entire pregnancy, she couldnt even eat without it or she would throw up.

her doctors knew she smoked, we were up front and honest about it from the start, his only concern was the smoke, he said THC does not harm the body.(yes he did say that, that is not lie)
I told him i had a vaporizer and we normally use that and after that he never said a thing again and was not brought up until delivery.

my son is now almost one year old, he can already walk, speaks about 10 words, he can point at things and identify them.(such as the cat...he says kitty).

he is the most good natured baby ever, he dont cry very often, he sleeps all night long, he is the best pot baby in the world. :)

dutch.lover
01-04-2007, 04:32 AM
just for the record, i might not have made this clear in my last post- i would NEVER smoke cigarettes if/when I got pregnant. I would definitely consider smoking pot, although I would want to make sure it would be 100% safe for my child. Ingesting weed would always be an option anyways.

HiProGlow
01-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I would assume that if you are uncomfortable with the idea of smoking marijuana while you're pregnant, you're off to a bad start. (The whole bad vibe thing is never good.) Our brains are hard wired for our specific needs, perhaps for some pregnant mothers smoking pot would be harmful and for others, beneficial. We didn't have a vape at the time, or she would have used that as opposed to smoking. You know your body, or at least you should, so you'd have to be a judge of that...and yeah, there won't be any studies on that, I don't think, so it's always going to be a matter of debate. Peace.

Ibu Jari
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
No, but I wasn't smoking (weed) before I got pregnant with either child. Had I been, I would have probably abstained, since we can't afford a vaporizer. However, my morning sickness was bad enough with my son I would have been tokin so I could eat, you bet! With my daughter, I can only think of a small handful of times when I might have toked to ease the discomfort of the nausea.

But because I am a birth professional I would not have smoked through out the pregnancy.

someuser
01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
My daughter's mom smoked before she found out she was pregnant... Then she stopped... I have to agree that smoking anything or doing anything unhealthy while you have another life in you is wrong... It would be bullshit if a kid had to pay his or her entire life for something that their parent did to them while they were just a defenseless fetus that the mother should have been protecting over being selfish and having fun.

Even to be fair, if I ever did have another kid (which I know I wont but if I do), I would stop smoking too... Just to be fair :)

Abattoir Dream
01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
It's unlikely that studies will ever be done on this question, BFA. No one with sense is ever going to study vulnerable, developing fetuses and how they respond to cannabis

supposedly a test with 1,500 pregnant women smoking weed revealed it doesnt do anything whatsoever, its when a pregnant woman is on crack and horse n shit that it gets nasty...

Chronic Chrissy
01-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes I did smoke while pg, multiple times a day, I am still smoking while breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter. When I have time(Kiana is sucking on my nose) I'll tell you why I did, the research I've found, other moms I've talked to and the many ways it benefited me and Kiana.

Purple Banana
01-08-2007, 05:48 AM
As one who works every day with pregnant mothers as well as neonates, it is listed on their charts what drugs they do, and what they don't do.

I have found no difference with pot babies versus regular babies, even when they come back for their 6 month, 1 year, and 2 year check-ups. The OBGYN I work with doesn't have any qualms against eating cannabis while you're preggers, because it essentially affects the baby as much as it does you.

I wouldn't smoke in the first trimester though, just in case. But after that, it's all good as long as you don't overdo it.

Bree1978
01-08-2007, 06:04 AM
There have been studies done...I could look up the link but it is easy to find...it was done in Jamaica. The study speaks for itself....I've known plenty of mothers to smoke with no known affects...take it with a grain of salt and read the study...B

BeX1983
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I found a great article on the net in regard to this, I have smoked since about 18 roughly bout a tens a day , when i found out i was pregnant i gave it up for 3 months then suffered really bad sickness so just had a little bit in the evenings. I was concerned about the effects despite there being no evidence to say it is harmful then i found this study they did on jamican mothers who smoked n who didnt, its well long so i would reccommend everyone looks at it, the results were amazing and completly put my mind at rest.----search for Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica:
An Ethnographic Study......The results will amaze you!

Chronic Chrissy
01-12-2007, 08:24 PM
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm
http://www.naturalchildbirth.org/natural/resources/breastfeeding/breastfeeding08.htm
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/1404.html
http://corp.aadac.com/for_women/the_basics_about_women/women_effects_cannabis.asp
http://mercycenters.org/libry/i_PREG.html#Info

Here is a bunch of reading material. In here is the study from Jamacia, as well as an interveiw with the dr. who proformed it, who also did a follow up 5 years later, and a bunch of other information regaurding MJ and pregnancy/breastfeeding.

I do believe that while breastfeeding THC is passed through your breastmilk, but having being very knowledable about the development of a babies digestive tract, I don't beleive that babies are able to unlock the THC. Even in regaurd the infant cereals and formulas, yes they can draw calories, and small traces of nutrients, but 'till the age of 6 months an infants gut is "open" which allows Breastmilk to flow more directly to the bloodstream after very little digestion, because the milk is designed to be broken down as easily and effectively as possible. So the digestive system being designed to have such a lax job this early in life, physically is not made to adjust to actual digestion till ablout 6. Formula may have all the needed nutients, but the body has a very hard time extracting them, but is able to draw out calories. So in order to get enough nurtients babies need to also accept the calories. That is why breastfed babies tend to be leaner.

Anyways now that I am done ranting, the THC passes through the body almost totally intact and passes through the urine and stool.

Alot of the reason Smoking weed isn't recommended during pregnancy is the actually smoking of it within the house, and affects when inhaled by infants.

This is getting long and I have a sleeping babe in my arms. I'll be back later.(I can work on my new flower room now)

peace:jointsmile:

slipknotpsycho
01-13-2007, 02:17 AM
i know alot of doctors say not to smoke at all, but others give a time when you NEED to quit (end of first trimester or w/e) she quit then... i tried to start smoking out of the room, i think i lasted a couple of weeks at most, then it just wasn't working for me anymore...

Antihero867
01-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Im not sure about all that but all i know is when im ready to have kids my wife and i will both quit. Not just when she gets pregnant but when im trying to get her pregnant. Because weed reduces your testosterone levels a bit and lowers your sperm count. And i want my best sperm to make a baby. Not a reject pothead sperm cell. haha

slipknotpsycho
01-16-2007, 02:44 AM
the spermies go flowing one by one, hurrah hurrah...

napolitana869
01-16-2007, 03:26 AM
guys who smoke pot are more likely to father boys. I learned that in my high school health class

scott9116
01-16-2007, 04:20 AM
My parents were growers and heavy weed/cig smokers. I was a very ill child when I was younger. I have also suffered from epilepsy, joint problems and was diagnosed with rheumetoid arthritis at 17. I'm thirty now and am in nearly crippling pain and sure wishing that my parents had taken a break for me. I read somewhere that joint problems and arthritis are linked with the father smoking pot. I don't recall what book as it was when I was in high school. If i was able to have kids there is no way that I would smoke anything for awhile before conception or let my wife smoke while pregnant.
My health problems might just be bad luck but I would never want to risk it.

dancerat
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
I smoked all through my pregnancy with my oldest, who is now 20 (probably a bong hit a night). She is extremely intelligent, a junior in college, beyond bright, artistic and works part-time to get herself through college. Her dad smoked too and I had two girls, so not sure about that study that says "mj = sons". We didn't smoke in front of the children though, (we don't smoke cigarettes at all), and when they were old enough to know what marijuana really was, we only smoked away from the house. It's not shameful, but it is illegal, and I love my kids. Now, of course, they both live on campus and they are okay with me smoking. I went through a divorce several years ago and their new dad is 420 friendly but doesn't smoke at all now, probably because he has enough thc in his body from college to last a lifetime.

I don't believe for one second it causes low birthrate, or illness. My daughter was 9 lbs 6oz, (funny how you remember that), and perfectly healthy. Perhaps your parents used chemicals or something that was harmful to you when they grew, but its a very natural herb and raised organically without helpers, I don't know how it could really hurt you unless they blew smoke in your face all while you were growing up. Even then. That would psychologically damaging, but not sure about health risking.

MastaChronic
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
you know what?
im pretty sure vaping weed wouldnt hurt the baby at all.....but a coathanger might.....

savagepossum
02-18-2007, 11:19 PM
just don't do a bucket when with child that'd probably fuck it up

d00d989
02-19-2007, 08:02 AM
I didn't smoke and wouldn't have even if I'd been a smoker during that time, which I wasn't. I was like Fengzi's wife and gave up everything, caffeine, alcohol, sushi and medicines included. If I'd colored my hair during that time, I'd have quit that, too. You just never know. My son was full-term and weighed an amazing 10 lbs, 7 oz., but I don't attribute that to my being compulsive during the pregnancy. I attribute it to the fact that his father is immense. I said "This is your fault" as the OR staff was all oohing and aahing at the baby's size after they wrestled him out of me by C-section and weighed him.

It's unlikely that studies will ever be done on this question, BFA. No one with sense is ever going to study vulnerable, developing fetuses and how they respond to cannabis. It's easier just to play it safe and not smoke for that comparatively short time, although there are people who do otherwise. Fengzi's point that no reasonable person would ever blow cannabis smoke into a baby's face is a good one.
i definately agree..... i wouldnt want my wife to smoke while shes pregnant...just because its unsure whether or not its good or bad for them...i mean its your baby...why risk it?

L3G10N's wife
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I didnt smoke at all with either of my pregnancies, the thought never even entered my mind. I dont mind that other do it but after thinking about it, I still wouldnt. I dont see anything wrong with it but I wouldnt take the chance of it coming up during one of the millions of time I had urine/blood taken and get someone to make a big deal out of it. I dont agree with the laws but in a situation like this, I dont want to be the person the parish decided to use as an example.

benagain
02-22-2007, 01:48 AM
If my wife ever gets pregnant, she decided to quite the green while carrying. I support her decision completly and would have advised her to do the same thing. I even offered to stop smoking with her if it makes it easier, but she told me to smoke on....I'd need it to keep me from loosing my mind catering to her need. I didn't argue ;)

TallulahGreen
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
In my state, all babies are drug tested when they are born...and if they come up positive for any drugs, you got some potential serious trouble coming your way.

There have been no conclusive studies on the affects smoking weed has on a child that claims it to be directly harmful. Than again there haven't been many studies done in general.

Teratagons are always something to worry about....you want to be extra careful no matter what.

My best friend smoked her whole pregnancy, and her baby will be a year old on March 4th...and still isn't walking..

Yet I know a few babies YOUNGER than hers that are walking.

Coincidence????

Chronic Chrissy
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
In my state, all babies are drug tested when they are born...and if they come up positive for any drugs, you got some potential serious trouble coming your way.

There have been no conclusive studies on the affects smoking weed has on a child that claims it to be directly harmful. Than again there haven't been many studies done in general.

Teratagons are always something to worry about....you want to be extra careful no matter what.

My best friend smoked her whole pregnancy, and her baby will be a year old on March 4th...and still isn't walking..

Coincidence????

I smoked multiple joints daily to cope with morning sickness and weight gain and my Daughter is walking at 8 months. I've talked to many midwives that support using MJ medcinally during pregnancy or recommend it.

ice#1
03-23-2007, 05:58 PM
yes we both did and he's shooting up just like a weed he's only 19 months and is 3'6" already and is 33 pounds and he started to hold his bottle by himself at the same time he learnt to sit-up crawl and walk

TheSmokingMonkey
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Some studies have shown low birth weight, and in heavy users there can be other ill effects, but moderate cannabis use seems to not affect fetal development very much. Cigarettes are more harmful than cannabis. In the UK, it's my understanding that women are advised simply to limit alcohol intake as well, not eliminate it entirely - is that true?

BlazinHaze
07-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I am 15 weeks pregnant and have definitely cut back on my smoking. I don't smoke blunts at all anymore, but I will occasionally hit a pipe especially if I am stressed out.

Spoken Word
07-05-2007, 02:41 AM
guys who smoke pot are more likely to father boys.:)I hope. A daughter would be to nerve racking for my first child. I tend to be a little jealous over my loved ones.

By the time I have a child, things will hopefully be different. I'm sure the weed revolution will bring MUCH better studies.
If I happen to get a girl pregnant and she wants to keep the baby, I wouldn't mind...it seems like a choice for mothers to make.

ceecee79
07-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Yes, I did smoke while I was pregnant. My daughter was 6lb 9oz and 19in long. The only complication I experienced was the umbilical cord was around her neck during childbirth, but that was not caused by weed. Most likely from me putting clothes on a clothesline. (constant reaching above my head)She is now 8 years old and her 2nd grade teacher told me she wished she could clone her. I read a book by Dr. Andrew Weil which stated that marijuana is not as dangerous as caffeine, alcohol, or cigarettes while pregnant, so I did a little research first. I did quit caffeine but also still smoked cigarettes. And my daughter was "jittery" when she was born, but I am certain that was from the cigarettes, not the weed. I say this because a friend of mine's daughter had the same effects, but she did not smoke weed, only cigarettes. And as far as fathers who smoke are more likely to have boys.........I have to disagree. Both of my sisters and their spouse/boyfriend smoke and we all had girls. That is just a timing issue.

nibbler
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
As the topic sayes my last pregnacey was horrendous. My marraige was falling apart he was having an affair I knew and he wouldn't admit it...

I couldn't eat, only if I had a toke it stopped me from vomiting. All I can say is I got a beautiful baby boy perfect in every way 'Noah' as it happens his name means Consolation and if anything at that point in time that's exactly what he was.

Before I went in to be induced I rolled myself a five skin smoked it and prepared for the horrible act of childbirth.....It's wonderful to have a child but it is horrendous absolutly the hardest things to bear so far in my life but i did it just about survived it I have three boys Kaelib 8 and Max 7

Love life:hippy:

420MissHighTimes420
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I would vape or eat it when or if im pregnant. but drinking .. hellll no, we watched a video in health class about fetal alochol syndrom and it was so sad, a lot of the kids had serious mental and psyical problems, and it often wasnt caused by heavy drinking, it doesn't take much alcohol to mess your kid up. I also won't smoke ciggs, I think being pregnant would be the perfect opportunity to finally quit.

doctor G
07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
First I had to read all the other comments. ME: father of 5, grandfather of 4, daily smoker since 1968 (39 YEARS). YES I smoked during my wifes pregnancies so did she. The doctors were more worried about her tobacco use. I never smoked tobacco she was a pack a day smoker. we lost 1st child to "crib death" she slept on her stomach probably suffocated, the next 4 were full term, healthy, vaginal delivery.
I now have 2 college grads, and 2 self employed businessmen. my #2 son and his wife smoked all through term and my grandson is fantastic, smart active bright. my daughter does not smoke and her daughter is a little fat and not as developed as my grandson.
My #1 son does not smoke and his daughters are bright and smart and fast. Maybe my daughter is using too much formula and convience food.
There will never be trustworthy documentation on this issue because too many people have a lot to lose.
I wish we had not smoked around the kids as much, I think the tobacco contributed to #3 son's ashma, but he is also a cronic smoker at 10 or more joints a day.
In all honesty I think living on a ranch in Wyoming did more positive for the kids than all this bother about particulate matter in the air. If you live in a city you are already poisoning your children with the pollution and all.
My suggestion is to keep as healthy as possible, maybe vape or bake while the little ones are in utro.
I worried as they grew up but they seem to be healthy taxpaying independent voting people who seem determained to help leave a better planet for their children so I guess it didn't hurt them
and it's better than the drunken bastard that beat me senseless until I left home at 15.
Doctor G

goatshead
08-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Hiya, I didn't smoke a thing when i was pregnant with both of my children i stopped as soon as i found out as ,i think it's realy un fair. I didn't find it hard at all

BlazinHaze
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
So, I had my son 5 months ago. He was born 7 lbs. 10 oz., as healthy as can be. He is both mentally and physically advanced for his age.

Now, after saying that, I smoked while I was pregnant. I did not smoke a lot, and I did quit for awhile. During my first trimester I didn't even know I was pregnant and during the last two months of my pregnancy, I smoked a few times a week.

My situation during my pregnancy was extremely complicated and stressful. I truly believe that there were times that if I hadn't used pot to calm down, I would have miscarried.

I did research it before toking, and I found no damning evidence against it. My doctor also knew I was smoking and never said anything about it. (He has been delivering babies for over 30 years.)

I know there are some people that will criticize those of us who choose to do it, and I understand why. I do not regret anything because my son could not be a happier, smarter, or healthier baby.

So, I say, use the maternal instinct you develop while you're pregnant. If it feels wrong, or you feel guilty, don't do it.

**I am talking exclusively about marijuana use. I would never condone drinking alcohol or taking harder drugs. Both of which have been PROVEN to cause birth defects and miscarriage.

LoveStoned
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Personally, I have no problems with any woman consuming through food or vaporizing MJ.
While my GF was pregnant with our daughter she smoked occasionaly. nothing crazy but she did smoke. Luckily when our daughter was born she was a healthy 7lb 14oz and was 23in long. She was long and thin but the doctors said she was super healthy. Now she's 18months and has a vocabulary of 20 words, not to mention she sings her ABC's. She's hella smart and knows everything! lol i think she's just watching us to see how she can get away with shit. She loves music and dancing and has started to hum and babble her own little songs.. I dont know what the hell she's saying when she's singing but she can sure as hell carry a tone and harmony. YAY just like Momma Val!

NaughtyDreadz
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah... smoking isnt a good idea period. Coughing is your body reacting negatively to something foreign in your body. smoking whatever...

Vaping, or orally consuming weed is totally acceptable..

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 05:26 AM

Coincidence????

I smoked through out my preg and breastfed while using, my babe hit almost every milestone way early and was sitting at 9 months, stood up at 9.5months, and was RUNNING at 10 months.

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Luckily when our daughter was born she was a healthy 7lb 14oz and was 23in long. She was long and thin but the doctors said she was super healthy. Now she's 18months and has a vocabulary of 20 words, not to mention she sings her ABC's. She's hella smart and knows everything! lol i think she's just watching us to see how she can get away with shit. She loves music and dancing and has started to hum and babble her own little songs.. I dont know what the hell she's saying when she's singing but she can sure as hell carry a tone and harmony. YAY just like Momma Val!

I know exactly what you mean, long, lean, and smart as a whip.

rebgirl420
06-11-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm not going to smoke ANYTHING while I'm preggo.

I'm sure weed isn't that risky but I just like having the feeling of being 100%. I couldn't live with myself if something happened, even if it wasn't the weeds fault I would feel responsible, like maybe, just maybe smoking did it.

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 05:42 AM
I'm not going to smoke ANYTHING while I'm preggo.

I'm sure weed isn't that risky but I just like having the feeling of being 100%. I couldn't live with myself if something happened, even if it wasn't the weeds fault I would feel responsible, like maybe, just maybe smoking did it.

Wow I would be more concerned about my drinking water where you live, not to mention the tomato on you next burger and fries. Better yet do you eat the skins of your apples(filled with the most harmful concentration of chemicals of all the food we eat, that DO NOT JUST WASH OFF), and watch that tuna fish sandwich for murcury.

You learn early on in pregnancy that everything you do is a potentially harmful hazard. You need to research just how harmful and prioritize what's worth it.

When you are hanging over a toilet every day and loosing weight while preggo when you only started at 120lbs you need to weigh up what's worst, starving yourself and your fetus for 9 months, or using a natural remedy to allow releif long enough to nurish and grow what you now live for.

rebgirl420
06-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Wow I would be more concerned about my drinking water where you live, not to mention the tomato on you next burger and fries. Better yet do you eat the skins of your apples(filled with the most harmful concentration of chemicals of all the food we eat, that DO NOT JUST WASH OFF), and watch that tuna fish sandwich for murcury.
You learn early on in pregnancy that everything you do is a potentially harmful hazard. You need to research just how harmful and prioritize what's worth it.

When you are hanging over a toilet every day and loosing weight while preggo when you only started at 120lbs you need to weigh up what's worst, starving yourself and your fetus for 9 months, or using a natural remedy to allow releif long enough to nurish and grow what you now live for.

* I drink water out of a brita.

* I don't eat Tomato

* Apples either

* And Tuna kind of freaks me out

And that's your experience and that's fantastic. But I can't take uneeded risks. I've been sick with cancer. I don't ever want my kids to experience anything like that. And until I know 100% I don't feel it right to do it.

But anyone else feel free to do it. If it works for you and you have healthy kids then that's great.

I just worry a lot.

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 06:07 AM
I just worry a lot.[/COLOR]

You shouldn't.

I'm just joshin' with yah, and trying to catch a few passersby to jump on the band wagon. I'm glad to see your still around.

rebgirl420
06-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Awww thanks. Yeah sometimes it's hard to see regulars around here.

A lot of people left or got banned.

It's nice to see you around too.

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 06:14 AM
I've been gone almost a year. Moved and had to set up from scratch all over again. At least that fixes the mite problem. I hit a wall with my grow and needed help so I figured it was time to come back to where the help is, lol.:jointsmile:

rebgirl420
06-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah I've been on here on and off lately. But that's because I've been really busy with college and my dad dying really threw me off.

But I'm back.

Chronic Chrissy
06-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm real sorry to hear that. Good luck with school. I have a pillow with my name on it though and I'm out for the night.

BlazinHaze
06-12-2008, 03:21 AM

Amen to that. I remember reading something that said I needed to avoid sitting in traffic because of the fumes. Now, how does a person living or working in an urban area avoid traffic?

It is utterly impossible to follow ALL the guidelines and rules pregnancy literature lists.

buddymyfriend
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Simple question, did your wife or yourself smoke while pregnant with your children? OR what's your opinion on smoking while pregnant. Smoke = Smoke weed.

Nope and definate no no! I quit before my bub was born and didnt smoke around my partner. I know dont smoke mj any more due to home life and work commitments mean can't/shouldn't.

Peace

Buddy

sammy22
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes I did smoke while pg, multiple times a day, I am still smoking while breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter. When I have time(Kiana is sucking on my nose) I'll tell you why I did, the research I've found, other moms I've talked to and the many ways it benefited me and Kiana.

Tell me more about how much and how your daughter turned out from smoking while nursing, very interested so I can make my decision, thank you