PDA

View Full Version : i hate kids

smoke it
01-01-2007, 03:14 AM
yes, i do. not babies, babies are cool, but kids ages 2-10. they piss me off... a lot. anyone else share this feeling?

slipknotpsycho
01-01-2007, 03:50 AM
used to, but not anymore, i'm a father now, and of a 2 year old son... i love him more than anything (have his entire life, and even the 9 months before his birth) but i have a new appreciation of it now.... i'm guessing you're not a parent, but i can almost garuntee if you had a kid, your view on it all would change instantly... unless you're a parent, most people only see the bad side of it, the whining and crying, they don't see the moments that can make a grown 'sturdy' man cry just in awe and joy, that that's what you created... if anything, i'd 'hate' babies before toddlers-children.. because babies don't do much... when a kid gets to be about 2, they start to actually do stuff, and start to amaze you at what they learn...

Bong30
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
yes, i do. not babies, babies are cool, but kids ages 2-10. they piss me off... a lot. anyone else share this feeling?

Let me explain the meaning of life to you.....

it is to have kids and grow up again through there eyes......

I just went through christmas with my 5 year old son and 6 year old daughter.. It was by far the best christmas ever....even better than when I was a kid.

you are just to ignorant (not knowing) and young you will see the light when that little internal clock starts ticking......

Babbies are not cool..... they are work... you know why God Made them so Cute? so you dont kill them.....LOL

Remember dont hate ill mannered kids, hate there parents......

My son and daughter would call you... MR. smoke it.

Bong30
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
used to, but not anymore, i'm a father now, and of a 2 year old son... i love him more than anything (have his entire life, and even the 9 months before his birth) but i have a new appreciation of it now.... i'm guessing you're not a parent, but i can almost garuntee if you had a kid, your view on it all would change instantly... unless you're a parent, most people only see the bad side of it, the whining and crying, they don't see the moments that can make a grown 'sturdy' man cry just in awe and joy, that that's what you created... if anything, i'd 'hate' babies before toddlers-children.. because babies don't do much... when a kid gets to be about 2, they start to actually do stuff, and start to amaze you at what they learn...

Just wait slip.......it gets even better

L3G10N
01-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Everyone says you wont understand until you have kids of your own. I didnt understand that... until I had kids of my own.

Perp
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM

That's OK. They probably hate you too.

Skink
01-02-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't like them when they wiz by me in the supermarket with those rolling sneakers,,,I want a pair tho...

Not Enough Herb
01-02-2007, 07:10 AM
you can only truly love your own kids

happy new year

im drunk :)

MaryJaneintheCloset
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree with what everyone else said, your feelings on children will most likely change when (if) you have your own. Having a child is a wonderful thing, more awesome than I can really put into words. Hopefully you will get to experience it yourself someday, because as of right now, you obviously don't know what you'd be missing. :)

whitetop
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
na i like kids i have one of my own and hes a little angel nothing wrong with kids

MastaChronic
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
i hate babies too, in fact, i hate kids 2-10 as well and....well...i pretty much hate all kids, all ages.
which is why im getting a vasectomy, so im never stuck with one.
if i ever do want a kid, i'll adopt a 5-6 year-old so i dont have to go through all of that whining, crying, waking up every 20 minutes etc etc etc and still be able to teach them w/e and influence their outlook at the world

delusionsofNORMALity
01-02-2007, 05:57 PM
nah, i don't hate kids...

it's what their self-righteous, lily-livered, over-protective parents turn them into that i despise. those idiots who try to enhance their children's self-esteem by making them the center of everyone else's universe should take a good look at what they are creating. the battle-cry "it's for the children" is so overused that it is soon to become completely meaningless (hopefully).

as a charter member of DAMM (drunks against mad mothers), i hereby call for the retroactive sterilization of these "parents by default".

MastaChronic
01-02-2007, 05:59 PM

it's what their self-righteous, lily-livered, over-protective parents turn them into that i despise. those idiots who try to enhance their children's self-esteem by making them the center of everyone else's universe should take a good look at what they are creating. the battle-cry "it's for the children" is so overused that it is soon to become completely meaningless (hopefully).

as a charter member of DAMM (drunks against mad mothers), i hereby call for the retroactive sterilization of these "parents by default".

i know what you mean, its like a damn battle cry.
we need to do something about these child worshipping baby boomer human rejects.

liberiamom
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM

I've seen the effects of those parents you speak of- at our college registration, I have actually seen parents accompany their kids- not freshmen, mind you! The poor kids hang back like idiots while mommy does everything for them, and then we wonder why they have trouble growing up!
On the one hand, I want to communicate as much as possible with my kids, since I didn't have that with my own parents, but I also want to encourage my kids (like I do my students) to develop a sense of personal responsibilty and a solid work ethic. It doesn't help kids to do everything for them obviously, since then they just turn into helpless 20 year old babies. The parents that call their child's college professor and ask that they be given better grades since "She/he tried so hard" should be sent to parenting class like drivers sentenced to traffic class!

stinkyattic
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
It's not the kids that bug me... it's that damned sense of entitlement their yuppie fucking BMW driving loafer wearing asshole parents drill into them from the time they are born... snobbery as a parenting technique... I work at a college too, and I also have worked at a bunch of local restaurants in our lovely multi-college, multi prep school little cute (barf) happy valley. You haven't lived until you've had a fucking 15 year old Deerfield Academy asshole talk down to you because you're dressed up in a kimono spilling salad dressing on his expensive loafers. I blame daddy.

liberiamom
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
It's not the kids that bug me... it's that damned sense of entitlement their yuppie fucking BMW driving loafer wearing asshole parents drill into them from the time they are born... snobbery as a parenting technique... I work at a college too, and I also have worked at a bunch of local restaurants in our lovely multi-college, multi prep school little cute (barf) happy valley. You haven't lived until you've had a fucking 15 year old Deerfield Academy asshole talk down to you because you're dressed up in a kimono spilling salad dressing on his expensive loafers. I blame daddy.
lol!! I can only hope that 15 year old ends up in one of my philosophy classes- call me wicked but that could be fun! As for his dad, he's probably an impotent drunk - :rastasmoke:

stinkyattic
01-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh yes I get to meet the dads too on parents' weekends. They are the ones with the ruddy complexions who are bitchy to the waitstaff and oh my goodness you never did see the previously-bratty 15 year old act like such a snivelling minion in the presence of his daddy. I guess SOMEONE has to complain about the service, and it is the privilege- no, RIGHT- of the leader of the pack to do so!

delusionsofNORMALity
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
personal-responsibility, work-ethic

things of the past
entitlement, elitism

welcome to the brave new world

i don't know nothing about no deerfly academy, but i do see that it's not just the rich that are raising spoiled rodents. we seem to be raising an entire generation of these creatures.

with no conscience and an over-inflated sense of self-worth, they march off into the future.

stinkyattic
01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
*tromp tromp tromp*
off they go!
IF you want a great read... 'amusing ourselves to death'... forgot the author... but an interesting look at the responsibility that a media that makes education more a form of entertainment than work you must do to become a productive member of society must take for making these kids think like that. Wow that was a horrible sentence. Soooorry.... =p

delusionsofNORMALity
01-02-2007, 07:21 PM
*tromp tromp tromp*
off they go....
can't blame the media, can't blame society, can't even blame the schools

we have only ourselves to blame

****heavy sigh****

friendowl
01-02-2007, 07:37 PM
hahahaha
i got a 2 year old a 9 year old and a 10 year old
and im only 29
my house is noisy

if i wasnt a parent i would not be around kids
they are weird and do stupid shit
but as a parent you can appreciate it cuz they are learning
but as a non parent it would be like hell

like yesterday the 10 and 9 year old were playing monopoly
they were all into it and my two year old woke up and socked
the ten year old ,bit the 9 year old and over turned there game
and threw them out the room.then she calls back the 10 year old
to put on bambi and bring some juice... shes a lil shot caller already
and she wont accept any bills lower than 20's she hates dollars and fives

liberiamom
01-02-2007, 10:03 PM
hahahaha
i got a 2 year old a 9 year old and a 10 year old
and im only 29
my house is noisy

if i wasnt a parent i would not be around kids
they are weird and do stupid shit
but as a parent you can appreciate it cuz they are learning
but as a non parent it would be like hell

like yesterday the 10 and 9 year old were playing monopoly
they were all into it and my two year old woke up and socked
the ten year old ,bit the 9 year old and over turned there game
and threw them out the room.then she calls back the 10 year old
to put on bambi and bring some juice... shes a lil shot caller already
and she wont accept any bills lower than 20's she hates dollars and fives

Wow, you say shes a little shot caller already - are you actually giving a two year old money? :confused:

Sweeney
01-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I hate babies more then I hate 2-10 year olds. Although 2-10 years are pretty shitty and I just want to roundhouse kick some. But I can't stand babies at all and I hope I never have kids.

friendowl
01-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, you say shes a little shot caller already - are you actually giving a two year old money?

hey liberiamom
i dont give her money but she does take my wallet
and when the ice cream man passes by i get taxed

for all the people who are serious about hating kids
please use birth control
too many parents have kids they dont really want
and they end up turning into human waste

mc-blaze21
01-02-2007, 10:46 PM
bong30 i just read what you put right at the top and u are so right god did make babies so cute so u wont kill them lol i did have to laugh. but to the person who made this thread how on earth can u say u hate kids 2-10 where did u get you age's from all kids are great yeah fair enough they can be little sods at time but at the end of the day thats just kids for ya my daughter could do any thing and i would still love her she is my little princess and any one that says they hate kids is either gone in the head or just plain weird thats my opinion i would not trade a single day that i have had so far with my lil girl. and yeah i do blame some parents for the way they bring up there kids im bringing mine up to respect every one untill they dnt deserve it i cant stand snotty nose parents who think it is there god given right to look down there nose at every one they should be shot lol any way i think ive gone on enough now laters all

slipknotpsycho
01-02-2007, 11:34 PM
spoiled brats, i DO hate... those kids who will make everyone's life living hell if they don't get their daily candy bar... or throw a temper-tantrum when they don't get to watch their cartooons all fucking day.... those kids, i can't stand... those kids need a heavy dose of reality and learn the world doesn't revolve around them... but no you can't blame the kids.. the kids only know what was taught to them, and it's almost exclusively the parents fault... these parents who can't/won't deal with the crying, and give their kids everything they want, just so they won't cry, those are who are to really blame.... i was one of those kids.. but only now that i'm older, do i realize the world doesn't work that way, and only now do i realize what a little spoiled ass fucking brat i really was.. kids will learn what you teach them, that's why you have to teach them early, that everything doesn't always go their way, and to live with it and move on... these parents who try so hard to be their kids best friend... maybe they just dont' realize what they're really doing to the kid...

my kid does things i just can't stand (can't describe it, it's something you'd just have to hear) but crying i can deal with... i mean you can scream/cry all you want... that doesn't mean you're going to get your way... that's what parents need to teach their kids early.. don't get me wrong, i'm not neglectful... but i'm not gonna say, let my son climb up on everything, or play with the shiney knives sitting on a table just because he wants to scream and cry when i won't let him... i'm just glad i came out the way i did... the way i was raised i coulda been one of those snobby-ass bitches that thinks they're all high and mighty and better then everyone else... if i grew up that way, i probably wouldn't have cared, but i grew up how i am, and i am THANKFUL i didn't grow up the other way.

Kindbud
01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
hating anything is just a waste of life man, somethings through out your life you'll have problems with, you learn to deal with these problems ,and life goes on . Later man ,take it easy.

Fengzi
01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
i hate babies too, in fact, i hate kids 2-10 as well and....well...i pretty much hate all kids, all ages.
which is why im getting a vasectomy, so im never stuck with one.

The world applauds you MastaChronic, for your thoughtful decision not to contribute to the gene pool.

Fengzi
01-04-2007, 12:33 AM
spoiled brats, i DO hate... those kids who will make everyone's life living hell if they don't get their daily candy bar... or throw a temper-tantrum when they don't get to watch their cartooons all fucking day.... those kids, i can't stand... those kids need a heavy dose of reality and learn the world doesn't revolve around them... but no you can't blame the kids.. the kids only know what was taught to them, and it's almost exclusively the parents fault... these parents who can't/won't deal with the crying, and give their kids everything they want, just so they won't cry, those are who are to really blame.... i was one of those kids.. but only now that i'm older, do i realize the world doesn't work that way, and only now do i realize what a little spoiled ass fucking brat i really was.. kids will learn what you teach them, that's why you have to teach them early, that everything doesn't always go their way, and to live with it and move on... these parents who try so hard to be their kids best friend... maybe they just dont' realize what they're really doing to the kid...

my kid does things i just can't stand (can't describe it, it's something you'd just have to hear) but crying i can deal with... i mean you can scream/cry all you want... that doesn't mean you're going to get your way... that's what parents need to teach their kids early.. don't get me wrong, i'm not neglectful... but i'm not gonna say, let my son climb up on everything, or play with the shiney knives sitting on a table just because he wants to scream and cry when i won't let him... i'm just glad i came out the way i did... the way i was raised i coulda been one of those snobby-ass bitches that thinks they're all high and mighty and better then everyone else... if i grew up that way, i probably wouldn't have cared, but i grew up how i am, and i am THANKFUL i didn't grow up the other way.

Absolutely, it's not the kids fault, it's the parents. Parents who give into their screaming, crying kids demands are doing it for their own benefit. It's the easy way out. Make them happy and they don't cry. Simple. But the lil' buggers are way too smart. All you need to do is do that once or twice and they figure it out. Shit, even a rat can learn that if it pushes the right button it'll get a treat. The worst parents are the ones who initially teach them that crying gets them the reward but then punish, or hit, them later on for doing the same thing. It's no wonder so many kids are fucked up.

We taught our little girl from day one that "no" means "no" and in three years she's never had a temper tantrum, not even once. Sure she'll get pissed and cry about something sometimes or storm off to her room every now and then, but never the 'total freak out in the store because she doesn't get what she wants' type of thing. Bottom line, being a good parent isn't easy, but then nothing truly worthwhile ever is.

Ibu Jari
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I hope all of you who don't like children don't ever have unprotected sex and end up getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant.

I have two beautiful children, my 5 yr old son, who love him very much. But my GOD, whoever mentioned adopting at 5 or 6 yr old, you might want to read up on your Gentle Discipline starting now. He's a very bright child, but has like NO short term memory
"Please don't touch the nintendo unless mommy says you can"

and I turn around he's trying to shove the cartridge even deeper into the machine. *rollseyes*

I also have a 15 (almost 16) month old daughter, who still doesn't sleep through the night. Yes, it's difficult, and I would really love to get a full nights sleep every night. But when she looks at me with thoes deep baby brown eyes, I melt. And her wet little kisses are just heavenly.

I have given birth twice, the first one was not easy, but mercifully only 9 hours. My second birth was all of 28 minutes from the first contraction to her actual birth. My husband caught her. Yes, she was born at home (planned). I did not ask to be medicated for either birth.

I love my children dearly, and I adore newborns. Being a mother of a newborn you don't really realize how little sleep you've gotten. Especially if your breastfeeding and cosleeping with your warm little bundle. My daughter nursed every 1.5 - 2 hours around the clock for the first 8 months of her life, and I never felt sleep deprived unless we had another night time issue, like teething, or illness. And of course, they're just so darn cute!

liberiamom
01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I hope all of you who don't like children don't ever have unprotected sex and end up getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant.

I have two beautiful children, my 5 yr old son, who love him very much. But my GOD, whoever mentioned adopting at 5 or 6 yr old, you might want to read up on your Gentle Discipline starting now. He's a very bright child, but has like NO short term memory
"Please don't touch the nintendo unless mommy says you can"

and I turn around he's trying to shove the cartridge even deeper into the machine. *rollseyes*

I also have a 15 (almost 16) month old daughter, who still doesn't sleep through the night. Yes, it's difficult, and I would really love to get a full nights sleep every night. But when she looks at me with thoes deep baby brown eyes, I melt. And her wet little kisses are just heavenly.

I have given birth twice, the first one was not easy, but mercifully only 9 hours. My second birth was all of 28 minutes from the first contraction to her actual birth. My husband caught her. Yes, she was born at home (planned). I did not ask to be medicated for either birth.

I love my children dearly, and I adore newborns. Being a mother of a newborn you don't really realize how little sleep you've gotten. Especially if your breastfeeding and cosleeping with your warm little bundle. My daughter nursed every 1.5 - 2 hours around the clock for the first 8 months of her life, and I never felt sleep deprived unless we had another night time issue, like teething, or illness. And of course, they're just so darn cute!
Hi Ibu Jari- Wow, you've got a lot to handle, but it also sounds wonderful! I am sure I am going to have to learn a new level of patience. I have to use "Gentle Discipline" (is there a book on that I could read???) a bit when I teach knuckleheaded college kids, but I guess at 5 or 6 it can be a real challenge! I have already learned about this thing called the "Liberian Pout" which is something many of the kids adopted from there use when they are disciplined- and I have been told that the best way with kids from that culture is not time-outs but rather to take away a toy for misbehavior. Another interesting cultural thing is that many of the children there are prone to lying, and it isn't as frowned upon there as it is here, so that will be a new thing for them to learn.
I'm so glad to hear from others with kiddies, I will be checking in with you!

Ibu Jari
01-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Oh there are hundereds of books you can read on Gentle Discipline, I will get a list together and PM you ;)

bentleygtgirl
01-05-2007, 04:56 AM
i dislike children also, i have 15 or 16 nieces and nephews and really, I'm over it. I use birth control and condoms so that I don't become pregnant, and if I did I would terminate the pregnancy. I do not think I will ever have children. If I do, I'd have to get everything I want done first. I would need to be in a marriage for quite awhile, have my career in line (an economist probably) and have already traveled and partied and had my fun. Even as a little girl I didn't want children. I just don't think I would be a good parent because I have a hard time with giving love. Which also leads to me not getting married because I have a hard time giving/recieving love and affection. Its not that I dont think I deserve it, I am happy but Its just tough for me. I'm still young though, im only 20 so I have many child-bearing years left. I dunno, i just see a lot of children being raised the wrong way and Im not patient n dont wanna screw up a life of a child. I also have seen both my sisters and my mom go through divorces and I have not been in a serious relationship ever even though I am almost out of college. I think there is something wrong with me. I have been mistreated by many men but I am not solely blaming them in most cases, so I dont think I could have what I need to bring a child into the world, although I worked in the KIDS section of a store and baby clothes are DAMN cute :D

VaporDaddy
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Now that I have kids my life has a higher purpose. I think it's a natural evolutionary thing. I will be gone, sometime soon, tomorrow or in 80 years but they will be my legacy. all the love that i can give them, they can carry on spreading love when i'm gone.
I never felt this sense of purpose before I had them.

liberiamom
01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Now that I have kids my life has a higher purpose. I think it's a natural evolutionary thing. I will be gone, sometime soon, tomorrow or in 80 years but they will be my legacy. all the love that i can give them, they can carry on spreading love when i'm gone.

Yes, that is part of the reason I want children, because I do not feel as if I will have learned and evolved enough if I do not have that experience! I feel unfinished-

But to answer Bgirl- if you said you were 20 and wanted kids- I'd say NO, WAIT!
The thing is, I had a wild and crazy life for more years than I can count. I was married twice, travelled all over, had glam career experiences, etc..and didn't meet a guy I wanted to have a family with until I was 39!
I think having kids at an early age might physically be easier, but damn- you have to be awfully mature to do it well, and not feel resentful that the kids are "stealing your youth"- I say sow all those wild oats, but don't be surprized if in 10 or 15 years you do complete reversal :)

Ibu Jari
01-05-2007, 04:41 PM

When I can have a sig, that's so going there!

Bentleygirl- While I did want to have children when I was younger (and I had my first at 18), I never thought about the love I'd feel for them. I knew I'd love them, but I never understood how much.

I love them so much it hurt. But it's a good pain. My heart aches with joy to see them learn and grow.

My son was born at 9:53 PM, on 9-24-2001, and ever since that moment, my heart has lived outside of my body. I wouldn't trade my children for the world. Not for the best parties, more money, a better house, better car, more "fun party life' no way. No how. They are my pride, they are my joy.

Basically I guess what I'm saying is never say never, and keep your mind open.

Breukelen advocaat
01-10-2007, 05:16 AM
The world applauds you MastaChronic, for your thoughtful decision not to contribute to the gene pool.

The ironic thing is that many intelligent people do not have kids. The societies that have the least children have the highest standard of living and are usually very charitable to other countries that need help - due to poverty.

The world of today may not applaud those who are childree, but future generations will be grateful to those who helped alleviate the population explosion. It's a losing battle, though, since most people have an insatiable need to cave-in to their procreational instinct.

MyWorstEnemy
03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
lol i love kids all of them they cant help how they act there suppose to be immature its just growing up

randomname4888
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
i fucking hate kids...so much

StickyfingahZ
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I got kids and one thing is for sure,....they will change your life.
I wouldnt trade them for anytihng......
But I do know of people who cant stand kids,and I think its just that cirlce of life,people was hating us when we was kids.

Gundari
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
After 3 years at a Toys R Us I walked away with one thing burned into my brain eternally.

You don't hate the child, you hate the parent(s).

blairsteelers
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
i hate most kids, especially babies, they just annoy me, but once they get older i guess having a kid would be alright.

yokinazu
01-28-2008, 05:07 PM
i used to hate kids then i had one. i wouldnt trade my daughter, whi will be 13 this year, or the experience for nothin in the world.

michaelpeg
02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
i dont like kids that are raised by a pussy ass father that doesn't hardly ever raise his voice or give the kid a spanking when he needs it. YOU HAVE TO SPANK YOUR KIDS!!! my mom has never disiplined my little brother and his dad is a little bitch that i want to beat the living shit out of, but when i babysit and he starts acting like he should get everything he wants and throws a tantrum, i spank his ass. he doesnt ever throw tantrums with me anymore but right when mommy gets home he is yelling at the top of his lungs at everyone and everything

Shenanigans
02-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I used to babysit before I got a real job, and I hated kids the first time I babysat them, but after a few times of taking care of them, I grew to dig the little kids.

I'm not one for obnoxious kids (or obnoxious people in general) so I usually get a really short temper with them, but all of the people I know that have kids will say that you change alot when you have kids. My mom has always told me that having kids was the best thing she's ever done.

twitch
02-25-2008, 09:57 PM
its not that kids are brats ....

do you know how much kids cost????
lets get a couple parents in here to spit out a couple numbers on what they spend on their kids

i dont think i could do it.... i am 20 and i know i am not ready

props to all the parents out there i dont doubt its hard i gave my parents hell but i did respect them... they whipped the shit out of me and to be honest i am glad they did

THClord
02-26-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm only 19 (20 tomorrow :D) but I'm already pissed off by kids under 15.

Some of them are cool, but a lot I'd just want to punch in the face.

I'd say it all depends on the parents. Good parents have cool kids.

yokinazu
02-29-2008, 04:46 PM
well letd start off with x-mas: between $400- $600, and i know people who use that jst to stuff stockings
b-days: $500 + cake, icecream, them little goody bags for the other kids with things like squir guns, candy, and assorted little chea toys
baby sitters: $20 + a day, sometimes you get lucky and can get gandma to watch the kids for a night out
infants: $8 for a pack of diapers, $.50 x 4 for babyfood, $2 x6 for formula now multiply all that by 7 (this is also from when my daughter was a baby 13 years ago)

now this is just a small part but it gives you an idea, now factor in doctor vistits, transportation, school, etc. etc.

also me and my wife are divoced and i have to pay child support. to the tune of approx. $300 a month, and i got off easy on it. multiply that by 12 andi been payin since my daughter was 5 so thats $300x12x13.

i couldhave bought and paid for a new ferrari forthe cost of a kid. but i wouldnt have the car over her so in my opnion it was worth every penny

Twentyinches
02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I hate kids too.... and you know what I hate as well? mothers at work who think they need to TALK about their kids all damn day. It's like I don't give a F about what your kids do, that includes all school activities they have done well in, or any upcoming projects lol

StickyfingahZ
02-29-2008, 06:59 PM
It's not the kids that bug me... it's that damned sense of entitlement their yuppie fucking BMW driving loafer wearing asshole parents drill into them from the time they are born... snobbery as a parenting technique...
True dat,My Mom has been a school teacher from before I was born,We got this new school that opened up in a new suburb built in our city recently.The school is like those on the mainland,Air conditioned and nice,you have to live in the suburb to go to school there,my Mom told me she aint teaching there ever again,those kids are spoiled brats Hardout!

zeitgeist
02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I love kids. And these spoiled kids are like this alot because of their parents.
When I have kids they are rarely gonna get shit and are gonna have to work for everything so they will appreciate things in life

LdyMarsRN
02-29-2008, 10:12 PM
:wtf: :mad: :p:cursing: :spamsign::icon506::BLUE SMILIE SPAM::angry3::rambo::spam2::chainsaw::spam1: :toilet_claw: :postexcuseme::gunfighter2::asskick: :buzz_saw: :asskick:
Did your Mom hate YOU? We all start out as kids; that's when we are learning. Who we grow up to be is influenced by everything that happens during our childhood. I sincerely hope that you are never any part of a child's life. We don't want the future generations to grow up with hate in their hearts. :hippy:

pass_the_dubbie
03-01-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't have kids and certainly don't "plan" to for quite some time although I do enjoy looking after kids. I don't have any younger siblings or even younger cousins, on my mums side at least, but i've spent a lot of time around friends kids. I was even there for my friends nephew sayin his first word, it was "mummy" and it occured when my friend upset the poor little guy.

I was listening to music and resting outside a supermarket last year and there was a two or three year old hanging out the window of a car. I didn't know why but she was drumming against the side of the car, then I realised it was because I was drumming to the music(I really can't help it)...it was really cool and made me feel good.

Anyway I couldn't hate kids, theres something about that innocence they all have thats great, but that's just the side i've experienced...not really been around when a kid is crying or misbehaving etc...ugh, I started writing and now I don't now how to end this post...

maybe a little cow and chicken quote..
"END"

Breukelen advocaat
03-01-2008, 06:24 AM
To the young guys: I'm older than most here and have nothing to gain by lying to you. Not having kids was the smartest thing I ever did. Don't listen to these duds tell you about how wonderful being a father is. They're bullshitting you. Over half of then are either divorced, separated, or on the way out the door to face years of alimony and child-support payments to the mother, who usually has all the rights. Even some of the guys right here on this thread have been divorced and lost custody since they posted how wonderful fatherhood is last year. You've got to be tough. Don't get yourself bamboozled into having children by girlfriends or wives, because it's the biggest mistake you'll probably ever make. Get your own place and learn to live independently and, if you have patience and try, you'll meet a woman that won't want them either. They are the best type because they love you for yourself, not your ability to support a brood of obnoxious sprogs.

Remember the old saying, "Misery loves company", when guys tell you how wonderful being a father is. It's total hogwash.
Don't believe it. You will be saddled with incredible responsibilities, with few rights. Basically, the modern father is just a beast of burden. If that's what you want, go ahead and have them, but don't say you weren't warned.

If the system was different, it wouldn't be as bad - but right now it sucks: BIG TIME.

I am trim and healthy, feel no more than about 30 years old, and retired at 53 years old with financial security. This is because I DID NOT HAVE KIDS!

katyowns
03-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm a young woman (22) who knows I never want children. I don't hate kids at all, I just never want any of my own. I have nephews I love and I like my friend's children also. I am with a partner who feels the same way I do. We don't feel like children are a necessary part of a healthy relationship/marriage.

I swear to goodness though people just don't want to accept the fact that there are those out there who just don't want kids, period. Not everyone is going to "change their mind". I hate being told "oh it's different when you have one of your own, you'll see!". It's so damn condescending and presumptuous. I respect others choice to have children, so I expect the same respect in my choice not to.

1 more thing, to finish off this mini-rant, my LEAST favorite comment is being told that you're not a whole, complete woman until you give birth, most often heard from older women. I don't think people really understand how insulting that idea/way of thinking is.

live and let live, damn.

/rant, phew, thats out of my system

Breukelen advocaat
03-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Another very insulting thing is when childfree women decide to have a hysterectomy, for whatever reason, and people say, "I'm so sorry!" becuse they think that she is becoming less of a woman due of the inability to breed. This happened to my wife, and she told them immediatly that there's nothing to be "sorry" about, and she was never interested in being a parent in her entire life.

katyowns
03-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Another very insulting thing is when childfree women decide to have a hysterectomy, for whatever reason, and people say, "I'm so sorry!" becuse they think that she is becoming less of a woman due of the inability to breed. This happened to my wife, and she told them immediatly that there's nothing to be "sorry" about, and she was never interested in being a parent in her entire life.

I'm being sterilized this year and I couldn't be happier!

Breukelen advocaat
03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm being sterilized this year and I couldn't be happier!
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

KL4D4
03-01-2008, 06:56 PM
1 more thing, to finish off this mini-rant, my LEAST favorite comment is being told that you're not a whole, complete woman until you give birth, most often heard from older women.

I don't think people really understand how insulting that idea/way of thinking is.

However can you see what these older women are saying? It's understand not wanting to have children. Yet at the same time, I can only assume a great majority of women would identify with the pleasure of having children.

katyowns
03-01-2008, 07:18 PM
However can you see what these older women are saying? It's understand not wanting to have children. Yet at the same time, I can only assume a great majority of women would identify with the pleasure of having children.

I understand why they say what they do, but I also know and understand that them saying it is completely off-base and unfounded, made solely on personal anecdotal evidence. Being in the minority of a group does not mean you are less a part of that group.

I understand why people want children, I like kids. I have nothing against them, but I know for certain that a woman who's given birth is no more of a woman than me, and thats just fact. When I ask them if they feel the same way about women who adopt because they can't have children, they usually can't answer me, which leads me to note that they haven't thought out their beliefs too well.

Comments that try to undermine someones sense of their gender and femininity are ALWAYS uncalled for and I don't feel like there's any place for them, I'm sorry.