PDA

View Full Version : Mich UP / Ontario

DonnieDarko
12-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm considering spending a few days in the Michigan Upper Peninsula, or nearby Ontario in July 07 .... I'm lookin for wildlife, nature and very few people ...

any suggestions are appreciated.

bongomania
12-30-2006, 10:35 PM
When I bicycled by myself across the U.S. in 1992 I went through the UP across the straights of Makinaw over the LP to Huron. My suggestion to you is.... defiinitely do it!!! it's beautiful country up there.

friendowl
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
check out
trailjournals.com or
summitpost.

to find ideas or partners

stinkyattic
01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I took my Ninja on the route up from Madison WI (AWESOME city if you can find someone to show you around) through the UP (gorgeous!) to SaultSteMArie through southern Ontario, hung out in Escanaba, then cruised down to Toronto... REALLY nice trip. Can't wait to go back with more time on my hands. Check out the French River district in Ont if you like to fish or much about in boats.

xcrispi
01-02-2007, 10:56 PM
pictured rock , tequamanin falls , the state park in marquette .
all kinds of stuff . have fun .
crispi

DonnieDarko
01-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks ALL for your suggestions ... There is a likelihood that I will make it there for a few days this summer ...

I live to travel ... although there is never enough time or $$$ ... so it's good to get other peoples experiences before deciding ....

ToDrunkToFish
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I live near Detroit, and went into the UP last summer and it was fuckin awsome! Go try to get to Mackinac Island, all the free tasting fudge you want! And there are no cars aloud either. Only bikes.

GoldenGoblin
09-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey if your looking for no people and have no fear of camping
there is always
Isle Royale (http://www.nps.gov/isro/)

34 mile island in Lake Superior
moose, wolves, lots of beavers and kick ass hiking canoeing etc

Yes I am late but better than never

/pointless thread bumping