PDA

View Full Version : Never taste the weed?

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I read posts all the time about peope saying they prefer the taste of this or that strain. For some reason, when I smoke, I don't taste a thing. Anyone know what's up with that?

Monoxide90
12-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Try rolling yourself a blunt and see what you taste. :jointsmile:

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Meh, I don't want to taste the wraps, I want to taste the WEED!!!:D

orangeman
12-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Smoke it out of a glass bowl. You'll get the taste. The best part is when you blow the smoke out and you can taste it all in your mouth.

420purpHAZE420
12-23-2006, 09:50 PM
it also depends on the weed u get most weed just taste like weed(some better then others but generally the same)...but then if u get something like blueberry u will for sure taste the blueberry

marvelous22
12-23-2006, 09:52 PM
To much paper maybe. How do you smoke it?

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 10:06 PM
I like smoking joints the most, but when I am at my brother's house I smoke out of either a pipe or a bowl. I never taste his or my weed, reguardless or smoking method.

LIP
12-23-2006, 10:19 PM
If you cant TASTE, then you cant smell. The two go hand in hand.

You may not realise it, but unless you cant smell anything either, you have to be able to taste it.

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't really care that I can't smell it. As long as I get high I couldn't care less. I was just wondering why it was that I didn't taste anything. Just picked up an 8th though, so I must go :stoned:

LIP
12-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Did you not bother reading what i put? Or did you just not understand?

Can you smell things?

Can you smell anything?

If you cant smell, you cant taste, the 2 go hand in hand.

If you cant smell anything, you can taste anything.

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes I can smell, but the thing is either 1.)I just don't recognize any taste of the smoke or 2.)Like someone posted "too much paper maybe?". I read what you said, but had no response for it. Since you say they go hand in hand, that may be why I can't smell it while im tokin'.

LIP
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Hmmm, i think it's probably that dont realise your tasting it.

The only reason i said can you smell, is cos if you loose you sense of smell, the sense of taste goes with it.

Try eating something falavourful with your nose pinched... you wont be able to taste it.

It might be too much paper, but surely you'd be able to taste it still.

420purpHAZE420
12-23-2006, 11:23 PM
if u cant smell the weed at all it must be some shitty weed

IplayWoW
12-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Well it's sparkly, sticky and (when im not smoking it) smelly as hell. I don't know if that means it's good or not, but when I showed my brother the other stuff I got (which is the same as i have now) he called his girlfriend into the room and said look at this shit. Also, he smokes *all the time* and after two hits from one of the joints I rolled he said "fuck, dude im stoned", we then proceeded to watch Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

420purpHAZE420
12-23-2006, 11:36 PM
o yea thats usually wat happens, wen u smoke u never smell the weed...its kinda like wen some1 just smoked cigarettes and walks into the elevator with u, the whole elevator smells like cigarettes and every1 notices except for the person that just smoked...but u can deffinitely taste weed, u prob just dont have a strain that tastes like anything other then weed and ur just used 2 the taste of weed wen ur smoking...get something like blueberry and ull b good

420purpHAZE420
12-23-2006, 11:36 PM
i love blueberry lol :jointsmile:

TurnyBright
12-24-2006, 01:17 AM
If you cant TASTE, then you cant smell. The two go hand in hand.

I don't know about that, lip. I know a girl who has no sense of smell but she can taste things just fine.

Mosiah
12-24-2006, 01:29 AM
I never taste my weed til 5-10 minutes after I smoke... Then my whole tongue turns green with the taste of weed... I love to eat dark chocolate coz the aftertaste of dark chocolate + weed is amazing.

EDIT: And for smelling/tasting, for complex tastes, you need to smell, but you can taste simple flavors like salty, sour, spicy, bitter, and sweet without a sense of smell. Likewise, you can be unable to taste but still be able to smell... When you'd eat, though, it would be just like sniffing whatever you were cooking - lame :rastasmoke:

rottenPauL
12-24-2006, 01:31 AM
thats impossible, our mouth can only taste 4 things: salt, sweet, bitter and sour. All the different undertastes come from the nose. They are all smells that our noses catch. So I dont think your friend can really taste things. Thats why when we are ill and our nose it stuffed we cant taste our food

Frivolous248
12-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Try to taste it next time you smoke it. By this, I mean, how you might savor the flavor of a candy you like. I was doin' this last night, took a hit, with smoke still in my mouth I kinda quenched my mouth together, it tasted good.

Swish the smoke around in your mouth, there IS a taste to it, maybe you just haven't found it/realized it yet. Some weed has a stronger taste to it though...and different tastes. Man, I remember packin' a grav bong hit once, it tasted sooo sweet like I just inhaled a ton of sugar, it was weird as hell. I wish all my weed was like that. I really wish I knew what 'cause that 1 bud to taste so, great.

rottenPauL
12-24-2006, 01:43 AM
yeah its like that one bubblegum i found at leiden. It actually tasted like bubblegum, and the taste was SWEET and intense... ill never forget that one.. i coudnt stop smoking it..

orangeman
12-24-2006, 01:47 AM
I had some sweet tasting weed but it doesn't seem as good as what you guys tried. I want some Bubblegum now :(.

rottenPauL
12-24-2006, 01:54 AM
yeah i mean that bud looked like a diamond, perfectly cured, perfectly flushed and grower added some fruit extract diluted in water a few hours before he cut it down so the buds could keep this extra flavor. So you can imagine, the bud was REALLY tasty :D

Frivolous248
12-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Dude try chewin' stems it tastes good.

da5mikeY
12-24-2006, 04:00 AM
I just noticed last night, I was smoking a joint, and I couldn't taste a thing, but I usually smoke out of my glass pipe and I taste nothing but the weed. So it really depends on what you're smoking out of.

da5mikeY
12-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Smoke it out of a glass bowl. You'll get the taste. The best part is when you blow the smoke out and you can taste it all in your mouth.
...exactly

Reefer Rogue
12-24-2006, 08:53 AM
The taste of super silver haze blew me away.

LIP
12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't know about that, lip. I know a girl who has no sense of smell but she can taste things just fine.

Impossible.

Try pinching your nose and eating something. You wont be able to taste it.

emkid420
12-25-2006, 05:31 AM
lip theres no such thing as impossible

Dr Freud said never say nevr

smok'in a dubie
12-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Not only do I taste it, but if you look closely you'll see the smoke coming out of my ears ------ :>) lol