PDA

View Full Version : MS,weed,and mom

noah0913
11-17-2004, 11:40 PM
undefinedmy mother has MS and i've been trying to convince her that weed would help to encourage her appitite that the steroids the dr's have her on has taken away.she doesn't believe that it could be of assistance too,in ways like steadying her hand and her concentration.if there's anyone out there that can explain to her from a persons view that is ill she may understand.i think she's just scared. :confused:

F L E S H
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
undefinedmy mother has MS and i've been trying to convince her that weed would help to encourage her appitite that the steroids the dr's have her on has taken away.she doesn't believe that it could be of assistance too,in ways like steadying her hand and her concentration.if there's anyone out there that can explain to her from a persons view that is ill she may understand.i think she's just scared. :confused:

well, i've have to deal with chemotherapy, which causes some really bad nausea. The medication the doctors gave me helped a bit, but they made me feel crappy in many other ways. I've been smoking pot for a while, even before my health problems, and at first I was hesitant to smoke during my treatment. Yet one day I got the courage and gave it a shot, and I can honestly say that it got me through the most difficult time of my life easily. Evne when I was feeling my crappiest, after smoking all I would feel was a nice buzz and I would actually be hungry!! Being hungry for the time in weeks is a godsend, let me tell you that. Hopefully your mother can conquer her fears and try it out, it will hwlp her very much. Good luck... :)

curzongrows
11-18-2004, 06:44 PM

Why not do some reading at gwpharm.com. GW Pharmaceuticals has finished Phase III testing for thieir whole-based cannabis drug "Sativex" and proven the efficecy of cannabis as an MS treatment. They have applied for the right to distribute it in Europe.

I have MS and my use of cannabis has drasticly reduced my need for any other medications and seems to have eased the intnsity of exhasterbations.

noah0913
11-19-2004, 12:57 AM
thank you for your support and i hope that your story will encourage her to at least try it.what has she got to lose?

noah0913
11-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Thank you very much for your information.is sativex a pill?an extrat from the plant itself?
mom has to do something the steroids are horrible.mood swings,lack of appetite,lack of motivation,i'm sure the MS doesn't help but i wouldn't know,i don't have it i'm just concerned.

curzongrows
11-19-2004, 01:08 AM
No it is a sublingal spray and is sprayed under the toungue.

silentbob9898
11-19-2004, 01:43 AM
a few years back they thought my mom had MS but we got really lucky and it wasnt
good luck

kiwi
11-19-2004, 11:47 PM
:o I too suffer with M.S and I am currently on steroid treatment (500mg) a day so I know just how your mum is feeling. I have only been diagnosed for three years and I am already relyant on a walking stick, a walker, and at times a wheelchair.
Yes I was a toker before I became ill, but over time I have discovered that cannabis is the only thing that doesn't cos me any side affects. A wee toke helps control my muscle spasims, which is a great relief when useing a cathater. I also suffer seizures too which are so damn painful, but instead of having a jab of morphine my hubby rolls me a "J" and this gives me great pain relief without horrible side affects that morphine gives me.

I do hope that in the near future your mum will come to terms with the fact that she is not breaking the law, she is giving herself quality of life. No one has the right to stand in judgement of her or anyone else for using cannabis to help them with aliments of any life changing illnesses. :mad:
Please let us know how things work out...

KIND REGARDS........KIWI xxxx ;)

The C
11-21-2004, 07:44 AM
It's sometimes hard to cross the cannibus barrier, i hear you, my mom is constantly giving me "looks" because of it. Remember the younger you ar the less propaganda invovlving cannibus has been tossed your way. When my mom grew up there was a much more negaive view of mariguana. Npwadays thing have suddenly (for those on the outside) changed, and the public eye isnt so harsh.

As more people change over society in general will eventually follow.Some things take time.

The C

mikeandjenherbals
11-21-2004, 12:27 PM
the way pot was villified in the past it,s no wonder...my mother in law brings up some film where this guy takes a few hits takes the glass soda bottle he is drinking breaks it and commences to mutilate his face with the jagged bottle, now whenever I see her w/ a plastic 20 oz of soda I call it stoner safe soda!

litespeed
11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Talk about hard noses the wife's sister has """cutaneneoust-cull-lymphlymphoma""" since 1999 and it just when to the lasted stage she did not take the chemotherapy just live with it . she says pot is the worst dope there is she said No way, I giv her""cupcake""made with cannabis butter with supper the other night she sayed that she had not felt so good in years she ask what was in the food that we had, I told her it was my ""medication"" she said she want to know what it was. and I called her a Drugie and it was POT. her old man just laughed and said see what the Kids been telling you that it would help you.. So I just messed up for I have to set them up to Grow. I can get the
HID and HPS 400 watt Ballasts for $60.00 each === and $20.00 for the lights each at the electric wholesaler in the next town..

socks
11-22-2004, 04:35 PM
I did a bit of Goggling on this and it seems that many tests hv/are being carried out on the help cannabis can provide to MS patients. Have u done this? Theres lots of information from positive sources that should provide plenty of info for ur mum.

The MS Society has a good section on cannabis use, worth havin a flick thro whts on there. Being a well know charity ur mum might follow some of the advise they give...
http://www.mssociety.org.uk/research/research_explained/cannabis_ms.html

Please let us knw if/when she decides to give it a go n if it helped.
*hugs* :) socks xxx

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/662254.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3644628.stm

the garden guy
11-22-2004, 09:21 PM
my wife has ms and uses cannabis.[for the past 6 years]
it works great for her.
please get in touch with me through my website http://www.thegardenguy.info

i would like to talk to you and your mon about the incredible benefits of using medical marijuana.
we live in a legal medical marijuana state[oregon] . i have lots of knowledge and experience with medical marijuana

Torog
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
my wife has ms and uses cannabis.[for the past 6 years]
it works great for her.
please get in touch with me through my website http://www.thegardenguy.info

i would like to talk to you and your mon about the incredible benefits of using medical marijuana.
we live in a legal medical marijuana state[oregon] . i have lots of knowledge and experience with medical marijuana
Howdy garden guy,

I know a gal with fibro-myalgia,and I was wondering if there's a particular strain that would help her ?

Also,I myself,have severe chronic pain and muscle spasms, from some fused vertebrae and degenerative arthritis , and I was wondering what strain you'd reccomend for me ?

I live in Texas,so I reckon that all you can do,is give me advice..which would be mightily appreciated.

Have a good one...Torog

the garden guy
11-24-2004, 12:23 AM
i cant comment on your particular situation, but i suggest you try northern lights for muscle spasms :D