PDA

View Full Version : JOURNAL OF A MADMAN - CAB OF LIFE

TheGreenFog
12-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, seeing as I was an advocate for this Grow Log section, and then I haven't really even been here much since it's inception, I thought I would help it out a bit (...and I'm bored because the boards are slow.) I kind of wanted the whole JOURNAL to be moved here, but now I think it is good where it is...so....

...I thought I'd start a log over here, just for fun. Most of the pics will also be on the main JOURNAL thread over in the Indoor Section, but I thought I'd do the CAB OF LIFE part of the thread over here as a separate thread. Enjoy.

A little background:

This cab was spawned by the results of a previously-used Rubbermaid flower box. It is ONLY a flowering/bloom cab. The clones used for this are rooted and vegged in the main vegetative room (see main thread for pics of that).

I do not have the exact dimensions on hand right now, but a guesstimate would be that it is about 2' x 3'.

For now, here are some pics, and feel free to ask any questions if I forget to explain something.

OH one more thing, this will technically be a hydro grow, using hydroton and rockwool. The lights are 8 x 23w "fullspectrum" CFLs in two 4-way fixtures.

:rastasmoke:

TGF

Garden Knowm
12-20-2006, 01:19 AM
YUMMY ... VERY YUMMY

Perp
12-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Nice start but you're missing something. Hmmm, not sure what it is. Oh, ya, plants.:jointsmile:

TheGreenFog
12-20-2006, 02:28 AM
Hey, Knowm, man.

Since you decided to bump my thread ALLLLLL the way up to the top of the Grow Log section... (hehe)

I guess I should finish what I started. I got a little sidetracked earlier. I guess I should post something more than just an empty cab.

Here ya go man.

Here are three plants that were cloned off of some mother plants, LST'd, and put into the new cab. There are two #11's and one #6.

Before I get logged out for inactivity, I'm gonna post this.

Edit: I didn't make it...got logged out. Just saw your post, too, Perp. Well, here ya go...PLANTS!

TGF

Perp
12-20-2006, 02:59 AM
That's better. Lookin' good..:thumbsup:

stinkyattic
12-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Oh hey f[r]oggy...
Did you consider how easy it might be to spray-bomb the inside of the cabinet with white paint?
Just a thought...I see good things in your future! :D

TheGreenFog
12-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Stinky, I had NOT considered that! We had already purchased some more mylar (the first big roll was used up making the main veg & flower rooms & the rubbermaid box) that is more 'dimpled' than the first kind. Not sure if we will put up that or try your white paint idea. Then again, it is a glossy surface, so that will require some self-etching paint or something, huh

OK so I'm trying to keep this log updated as I update the main log over in Indoors. I'll do my best.

DAY 4 FLOWER

NOW we move onto the Cab of Enlightenment. The three Yâ??s. Nothing special. Temps are a little higher than would like. 86F :(

These babies are now, however, on their 4th day of flowering! I wonder how many days it will take to see the first pistilsâ?¦

Oh, and I just thought of something. Yes, we will most likely be putting up mylar inside soon. :D

:rasta:

TGF

BlueBear
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Fog DOG, new spin, LOL. Well, your busy as usual. So what is the hydro set up, because of my vision thingy I can't tell? What kind of lights? Did you get your temps down yet?
Well, good luck.
Adieu

TheGreenFog
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Sup, Bear? Chillin' mang. Yep, its a busy life pretending to have a grow. :D How you hangin'?

So hydro set up is...well......not set up yet. They are pretty much following in the footsteps of their predecessors in the rubbermaid box. Just a 4" x 4" rockwool cube sitting on top of some hydroton rocks to let the roots grow down.

The plan is to create an ebb & flow system like the main flowering room, but there's been some speed bumps:

- it's been a real challenge finding a nice water table (planter) to fit into that space efficiently.

- thought we could put the resevoir under the shelf but it looks like there won't be enough room and the 2 small doors underneath are storage. They might have to NOT be storage soon to fit a res once we figure out the auto system we're gonna use.

LIGHTS are EIGHT 23watt "full spectrum" flouros. I believe they are 1600 lumens each if I remember correctly.

Temps...eh...well, they are around 86F. I'd like to have them lower, but they don't seem to be hurting TOO bad.

The main problem I see is the start of nutrient deficiency, which could be due to the fact that we thoroughly flushed them for 1 week when switching to flower. That happened in the main room, and here now. Next time, only a few days of flushing, then bloom nutes.

TGF

BlueBear
12-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I would hit them with a nice dose of veg nutes the first week of 12-12 and think about adding Liquid Karma and some CalMag to the tool bag for any defs IMO. For a possible table/tray, go to Lowes or HD and check out the cement mixing tubs. When I was there the other day they had some that were low profile, maybe 7 to 8 inches high and 2x2, give or take and they were all black, also they are only $10 or less. I have a 6 bulb rack of those same lights , like them as well.
As for me, I am doing quite a bit in my imaginary world. I am going threw a coco coir fascination right now, it seems like coco can be as quick and robust as hydro without the reservoir tempeture issues or water pump accessories. You will probably see me posting about it here and there since I have about 5 going right now in the coco in different stages and even have a couple side by side with soil, coco and DWC to see who will do what. On top of that I have some other DWC stuff along with about 2 dozen in the flower room and about another 2 dozen in the veg/clone/mother cab lining up to do there thing. It is really helter skelter in my grows right now because I am just doing allot of experimenting with different mediums, strains, veg times and so on. I am even burning up some plants to see how leaf burn relates to yield because alot of people freak out when they see nute burn and just don't understand that the leaves may not be able to handle the nutes, but the flowers/buds can and may do better in spite of the leaf burn. So I am not really able to dial in my grow for one specific system or strain, but in the next few months I should have my stable sorted out and just start working on some power grows where robust healthy plants and good yield are the main focus.
Adieu

TheGreenFog
12-21-2006, 01:52 AM
Damn, Blue. That's some cool sh*t.

That gives me a couple things that I am eager to look into. Thanks.

I am interested in hear about the Coco Coir, because I honestly have NO idea what it is even. Hope you can get some pics up. Your imaginary grow sounds awesome. Just imagine if you posted as many pictures as I do, you would have very little time to even work on the room, let alone live life. Ha. Sounds awesome, though, man. Excellent.

I'm really glad someone has the space and ambition to do those tests. I love experimenting, but some people just don't have the room to abuse plants on purpose fearing that they will lose precious bud to smoke. I would like to enter your flower room, for sure.

Please, please get at least some basic pictures of the progress with those three that you put side-by-side for comparison. The experiment is good, but needs to be documented with pictures for research purposes.

Looking forward to stopping by your threads. Seems you are a little intimidated by the size of my JOURNAL, but you really should take a joint or two to read it through, then you'll be caught up. I try to keep it as reader friendly as possible. Hope to see you around.

Gonna go toke. Be easy, man.

TGF

Garden Knowm
12-21-2006, 06:23 AM
:) Nice plants...

stinkyattic
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Then again, it is a glossy surface, so that will require some self-etching paint or something, huh

Naw that's only for like painting over enamel or plastic where there's potential for scraping and wear... normal spraybombs will be fine. If you're worried, just use white primer. It's a little tougher.

mattbury
12-24-2006, 07:40 AM
hehee, spraybomb... i lucked out and my closet was already white. nice setup man. how far into 12/12 is it now????

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Spraybomb...I've actually never even seen one of those.

Already have the mylar. We'll see.

In the meantime....

FLOWER DAY 8 - Cab of Life

The lights have come on now.

Ok not a lot of words, just follow me around. 9 week old flowering plants and 8-day old flowering plants.

The Fog

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 02:47 AM
11b

Moreâ?¦trichomesâ?¦not trichRomesâ?¦;)

Ohhh I just noticed, this is number ELEVEN! Whoa�I guess that means we have an at least 9 week flower-er on our hands������.crap.

The Fog

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 02:49 AM
12bâ?¦Shots of the 8 day old girls, and one cropped shot of 11b (did someone say..Avatar?) :D

Looking forward to all your comments.

The Fog

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Ok, guys and gals. Another update. I'm too lazy to update the big thread now so I thought I'd at least do this one. :D :D :D

In here, we have three Y-shaped plants (6, 11, 11) on their 10th day of flowering. They are just now starting to show sex. They have pistils sticking out all pretty and so forthâ?¦:D

The Fog

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, there are obviously still 2 plants in ther Cab of Life that have been moved over from the BodomBox to finish up their life.

Number 12b...it is your time...come on down. Give them new girls some room to breath. ;)

The Fog

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 06:40 PM
More shots of the Y plants that are in the COL. Without plant 12b. Lookâ?¦pistils. Day 10 flower.

Moved shelf downâ?¦plants away from lightsâ?¦one notch.

Have a nice dayâ?¦

Wanna see some harvest pics? :D:D:D:D:D

TGF

TheGreenFog
12-27-2006, 07:08 PM
So this log is a little haphazard...lol...just kinda threw it together, and now I gotta keep up with it! Who knows what will happen when/if I do the NL & BG thread. :eek:

That first pic in the post above is just of some shake that was inevitably smoked. :smokin:

Other note:

Number six...is the sickly looking one in the cab. The other two are number 11 and seem to be growing at a similar rate.

Number 6 has been a runt/problem child ever since the first original number six started about 142 days prior to this post.

Now, this doesn't mean that she's getting axed just yet (let's not get carried away), but it does mean that little to no adjustments will be made to accomodate her seeing as the others are doing well.

Then, in a couple months, she will be dead and gone, and her cousin, #11 will take over the family's legacy.......and #6 will become.....ash in a :pipe:. :D:D

Next up, Flower DAY 14 ;)

The Fog

canuck grower
12-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey TGF, that avatar pic is pretty sweet! How do you get so close? Do you just have a decent camera?

6 does look pretty homely, but if you have the room and lights in there there's not much point in killing her. At the very least you'll get some more material for hash, oil, or butter.

Is it normal to see pistils like that in 10-14 days of flowering? Ours are moving along more slowly, but for one we're using soil and second we put them into flower long before they were ready. I'm guessing that's why they're taking longer anyway.

How was the shake you sampled? Did you catch a buzz? :rasta:

And YES we want to see harvest pics!

-canuck

TheGreenFog
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Hey, man. Thanks. Yea I love those closeups of them nice flowering babies and their trichs! :greenthumb: Use the macro feature, don't zoom, and it also helps to have a decent camera...what do you consider decent? :)

I have an awesome calyx pic that I was using as my avatar for a while. I have it in a thread called Calyx something if you wanna search it.

Yea, not gonna kill six just yet, but will surely not grow another one of her. I'm regretting not keeping around some of the clones from the others because the whole point of all the labeling was to see which strain was better and make the mommy out of that. We'll see how good 11 is...*fingers crossed*

Yes, it is normal to see pistils that soon. These took until 10 days or so but they can come in as early as 7 days and as late as 21 days!

^With that being said, the plants are considerably "old" because they are clones off of plants that are "old." The seeds were planted 142 days before this day and any there are no original plants left besides the plants in the main flowering room at the time. All other plants are clones and are even showing pistil-y preflowers even in the veg room. They are "mature."

The shake was...meh...and of course sampling things is hard when you smoke a bunch before hand. I sure don't have the patience to NOT smoke all day (when I 'can') just to wait to test some smoke...I dunno. Will update more on smoke potency later when some buds are fired up.

Harvest pics...ohhhhhhhh sir, just you wait! ;)

Be cool, buddy.

:rastasmoke: RastafarI

TGF

canuck grower
12-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Hey, seems like we're chatting in all the same threads eh? ha ha.

I have a Samsung Digimax 360 and I would consider it "ok", but it probably is a decent camera. I think of a digital SLR as a good camera, would love to get one of those one day. So no zoom, macro, point reeeaally close and shoot? I guess I haven't tried really close photos with the macro mode before. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.

Right, now that you point out that they are from mature clones then that answers it for me. I was comparing to ours which were forced into flower early.

Yeah today my friend was here and he has some great bud right now. I was absolutely out of it basically all day.

I'm going to go search for that calyx pic of yours. I think that this hobby is going to lead to a bigger interest in photography for me.

-canuck :D

(I think it's only in the grow log forum that I can't attach files, can't do it in this thread either)

Garden Knowm
12-31-2006, 05:48 AM
YO Mr. FOG

you gotta get some of those lights closer.. side lighting

SIDE LIGHTING!!!

iloveyou

TheGreenFog
12-31-2006, 08:41 AM
~Knowm~

Closer? They are one inch from the top. Any closer, they heat stress. Need better ventilation first. Mabye after that. Mylar will be next. Possibly yank some side lighting out of the main veg, but...(sigh) ...mylar.

Thanks.

happynewyear

The Fog (TGF)

P.S. Peep the teaser in the main JOURNAL. ;)

kindprincess
01-01-2007, 03:32 PM
yep you need to mylar or spray paint or something frog dog (lol, my dog's nickname; good one bear!)

just found this one fog, good job! you're realy getting it down now, huh?

hope you have a happy new year!

love, kp:p

Garden Knowm
01-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Hello Mr. FOG...

You are right.. I did not explain myself well..

What I ment to say, LOL.... is that the entire surface of the light or at least the entire surface of ONE side of the light should be 1 inch from the plant..

NOT just a single point of the light..

does that make sense?

Basicaly... Imagine your girl friend is the plant... and you are the light... stand next to her... and get as close as you can with as much of your body as you can without getting any semen in her... the semen is analogous to burning the leaves :)

iloveyou

You have a very perrrrty set up... BULBS hanging vertically along the side of your plants will do OWNDERS.. you don't even need to purchase more bulbs just take a couple from the top and bring them along the side...

lovelovelove

TheGreenFog
01-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey, peeps. Been a while on this thread.

Yea, thanks, KP. Hope I will be able to update with some mylar pics today. :)

Things are getting smoother...kinda. ;)

Knowm, yes, it makes sense. I will keep that in mind, thanks. I'm gonna give it a go without the light fixtures having to move. Then, maybe one with adjustable, close-talking, but non-sperm-injecting lights. ;)

whereisthelove

The Fog :rastasmoke:

TheGreenFog
01-15-2007, 05:38 PM
In an attempt to keep this concurrent with the Main thread...

DAY 14 flower...I think. :)

Cab of Life

Ok, well, we have our three subjects in here, they have been LSTâ??d and flowered back on day 133, I believe. That would make them about 14 days old {in flower} as of today.

They are definitely showing sex and starting to bud. You can see the white â??hairsâ?? (pistils) in the pics. There is also a number 11 still left over from the BodomBox in here. We have attempted to follow the trichome color on this one to harvest it. It is taking foreverâ?¦ This also worries us because that means our Mother plant will also take that longâ?¦and the two plants in this COL on the right side are also number elevensâ?¦sigh.

Maybe we can speed things up by breathing on them more oftenâ?¦

TheGreenFog
01-15-2007, 05:40 PM
More pictures of the COL. Take a look at the pistilsâ?¦the LSTingâ?¦and the ....other stuff.

canuck grower
01-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey Fog,

Ha ha, you better stop wasting time here and get breathing if that's your plan! ;)

It's too bad that 11 clone is taking so long to finish. They say good things come to those who wait but I say get a strain that flowers faster because I'm an impatient man. :)

Looking good though. I can't wait to LST these clones I have going. I think I'm going to try that loop-then-tape method. Looks easy to adjust later.

-canuck :jointsmile:

TheGreenFog
03-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Hey, ok...here we go...that breathing only helped so much. ;)

FLOWER DAY 17

Cab of Life

17 days old in flower. Looking good. #11 is still hanging aroundâ?¦hanging around. Look how purty sheâ??s getting, though. :)

Number six is still crappy. Looking ok bud-wiseâ?¦but the leaves are droopy and she just doesnâ??t seem happy. Hmmâ?¦

TheGreenFog
03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Here is our #11. This lady need to hurry her ass up and get out of the shower. Donâ??t girls always take too long. :) Getting nice and shiny, though. Kinda like sheâ??s getting ready to go clubbinâ??.

We decided to get her ready for harvestingâ?¦we will most likely do that tomorrow. Cutting of some of the sugar leaves (theyâ??re not even close to yellowing yetâ?¦?).

Funny, weren't we just talking about this? :o

Bree1978
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
WOW, that first pic is hightimes worthy! It might be that i have a better monitor...but again wow!
Everyone reading blow that one up!
:jointsmile: Bree

canuck grower
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
The Fog always comes through with the wicked macro shots! :)

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Damn deleted the last post some how. Too many TABS or something.

Well, thanks guys for the props! I'm flattered. :p haha I dunno about HT, but we're getting there hopefully. There are more where that came from. I think there is one out there floating around of a really good macro of one of the leaves from that plant. It looks like a porcupine, it's so crystally. :D

Thanks again for the props & for stopping by. More updates to come. Canuck and Bree...you are two cool people! :thumbsup:

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Quick look around. Not much should be different since yesterday, but weâ??ll check anyway! :)

Weâ??ve removed the last one lingering from the Rubbermaid Bloombox. Hope those CFLs work well in here. :p

[attachment=o124225]

[attachment=o124226]

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
DAY 23 of Bloom in the Cab of Life

Here are some pictures:

Pic of the three in the cab.

[attachment=o124230]

Pic of number 11a1

This clone is a 3rd generation that came from Mom. She's doing alright. Meh.

[attachment=o124231]

Pic of number 11a2

Another clone that is 3rd gen. and same age as the other one. This plant was about 9.5 weeks last time, so we'll see this time.

[attachment=o124232]

Pic of number 6a1. This plant come from a shitty stock IMO. It has always been a red-headed step-child even from seed. It is looking just as crappy now, so we'll see how far we get with her. Wish us luck. ;)

[attachment=o124233]

Another shot of the three. I love cannabis...and pictures thereof. :D:D

[attachment=o124234]

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
DAY 29 Flower

Hello! Few more days pass. Let us watch them grow! :D

[attachment=o124241]

11a1

[attachment=o124242]

11a2

[attachment=o124243]

6a1

[attachment=o124244]

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
STILL DAY 29 Flower

Here are some macros for ya, CG. :)

canuck grower
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
That pic of the porcupine leaf sounds cool fog! I don't remember if I've seen it. #6 seemed to look better for a bit (posts #38-39) then go back to how she was before. 11a1 looks a little sad in the last set of pics too.

Looks like the CFLs are doing a decent job when you see the macros eh? At only 4 of 9-ish weeks.

-cg :jointsmile:

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
That pic of the porcupine leaf sounds cool fog! I don't remember if I've seen it. #6 seemed to look better for a bit (posts #38-39) then go back to how she was before. 11a1 looks a little sad in the last set of pics too.

Looks like the CFLs are doing a decent job when you see the macros eh? At only 4 of 9-ish weeks.

-cg :jointsmile:

Hey, CG. Yea, here's that porcupine leaf I was talking about. Tracked it down. ;)

[attachment=o124257]

[attachment=o124258]

[attachment=o124259]

I'm not going to claim any unnatural success with these ones. They are not yet in any kind of drained container...and not the best to start out with. The 11's wil perk up a bit, tho...sooon, I hope. ;)

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Ok, I know this one will make some of you happy! :) Finally putting some reflective material into the cab. w00000t!

This stuff is different than regular mylar. It is dimpled and MUCH more durable. Should be good. Let me know what you think of it. :)

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
More of DAY 29.

Here is the cab after putting in the new dimpled mylar. And some more close ups for those of you who are as big of a fan as myself! :hippy:

Bree1978
03-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Today on Decorating with TheGreenFog: Out with the old 70's paneling...in with the new millenium spaceage reflectix YAH! Looks great! :jointsmile: Bree

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Today on Decorating with TheGreenFog: Out with the old 70's paneling...in with the new millenium spaceage reflectix YAH! Looks great! :jointsmile: Bree

Haha, TheGreenFogTV...bringing quality info and entertaining decor to a monitor near you! :) Thanks, Bree.

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
DAY 36 Flower

The Cab of life is working out stellarly. I really think the Mylar helped. The #11 plants are doing wonderful, as always, they are really starting to show their buds. The one in the middle is my favorite. It has 6 tops, I believe and they all will grow main colas.

[attachment=o124330] [attachment=o124331] [attachment=o124332]

To the guy who asked about the yield from CFL plants, the 5g per plant average on the last grow was not accurate due to the fact that those plants were barely rooted when they were flowered. They were also not topped, nor LSTâ??d so they didnâ??t have very many budsites. These ones in the COL now are much better. From the one plant, I will have 6 colas. If each of those colas grows like ONE of those previous plants, that means 6 plants in one. 6x5=30. Over one ounce per plant. Not too shabby. Thatâ??s an estimate of course. Who knows, it could be more or less.

Number six can kiss my a$$. Hurry up and flower so I can kill you and smoke you. Thank you and have a nice day.

[attachment=o124333]

The clear container that the plants are in in the Cab of Life are not ideal, but since we havenâ??t been able to locate a tray the right size, we have had to do the best with what we have. We also see no roots showing out of the hydroton, so they should be ok. We will fill the containers with more hydroton and remove they plastic covers on the rockwool as soon as we can get more rocks. We might put duct tape on the outside of those clear containers like we did with the main resevoirâ?¦weâ??ll see!!

[attachment=o124334]

TheGreenFog
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Some more.

[attachment=o124343]

[attachment=o124340] [attachment=o124341] [attachment=o124342]

They love having their pictures taken. ;)

canuck grower
03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey, CG. Yea, here's that porcupine leaf I was talking about. Tracked it down. ;)
[attachment=o124259]

that is just awesome! thanks for finding that. that's an incredible pic of trichs that just has to be saved. your photos make me really want a nice DSLR camera!

The Cab of life is working out stellarly. I really think the Mylar helped.

i agree man! they really seem to have perked up, well #11 anyway... mylar is cool. :)

Number six can kiss my a$$. Hurry up and flower so I can kill you and smoke you. Thank you and have a nice day.

ROFL! if i saved quotes in my sig this would probably be the first one! -cg :jointsmile:

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 05:44 PM
that is just awesome! thanks for finding that. that's an incredible pic of trichs that just has to be saved. your photos make me really want a nice DSLR camera!

Yea, you know it's funny...after I re-posted that pic...I ended up realizing that it was just posted on the first page of THIS LOG. :wtf: Haha. Good cameras rock...I love photography...and I love cannabis. :D

i agree man! they really seem to have perked up, well #11 anyway... mylar is cool. :)

Yea, man, mylar IS cool...there is absolutely no doubt that it works. I was considering the benefits of flat white over mylar though...because it's easier to clean the walls...and...takes better pictures against a white backround. HaHa

ROFL! if i saved quotes in my sig this would probably be the first one! -cg :jointsmile:

:p Yea, man...sometimes you just wanna tell your plants off when they misbehave...put them in time out or some shit.

I hope to be updating some pics today...but might not have time. Will see. Stay tuned. Help with the dead boards, man! Sheesh. :D

Shovelhandle
03-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Well while we wait on your pics I'm just celebrating St. Paddy's Day.
Watching some girls curling chamionships.

Have a Good St. Paddy's Day, All!

O'Shovelhandle

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Shov, awesome, man. Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day! Mine isn't as leisurely as I'd like it to be, but it's not too bad. At least I have some time to post, ya know. :)

Well, you really called me out on that picture promise, huh? :o Ha!

Well, now I gotta come through with something, for sure. Thanks for helping liven up the boards, Shov. I hope everyone is having a GREAT St. Patrick's/Spring Break or wherever you are! :D

Well, here we go.

DAY 172/40

Day 40 of flower for the Cab of Life. Only one pic from today...it's a shame, eh? :p

[attachment=o125270]

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Cab of Life - Day 4? Flower

[attachment=o125271] [attachment=o125272]

Buds look Nice. Coming along swimmingly. Number 6 is STILL looking ILL. She has brown spots. Looks to be like a magnesium def. We will attempt to give her some Mg soon...somehow.

[attachment=o125273] [attachment=o125274] [attachment=o125275]

Otherwise. They are a little over 6 weeks old. (Well, 7 according to the records...but who knows if they're right) We think they are a bit sativa or something because the last one we flowered went a little under 10 weeks before harvested. That was the last one out of the Cab of Life.

So number six will be ready in about 2 weeks, we think, but the elevens are longer.

Trichomes on six are much better than elevens. And six is more leafy as well. We will trim some of the afflicted leaves tomorrow.

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 10:01 PM
[attachment=o125276]

Pictures of some of the damage. Whatcha think it is? Mg def like I said? Or something else?

[attachment=o125277] [attachment=o125278]

It's gettin' hot in herre...

[attachment=o125279] [attachment=o125280]

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
MORE PICS! :D

[attachment=o125281] [attachment=o125282] [attachment=o125283]

[attachment=o125284] [attachment=o125285]

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
EVEN MORE PICS! :D

[attachment=o125291] [attachment=o125292] [attachment=o125293]

[attachment=o125294] [attachment=o125295]

TheGreenFog
03-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Some sexy bud shots for the Mag covers. ;) Hehe...not quite. :p

[attachment=o125296] [attachment=o125297] [attachment=o125298]

[attachment=o125299] [attachment=o125300]

This is it for Day 181/49? More updates in a couple days...I hope!

Let me know what ya think? Questions, comments, hatemail...:D :D

canuck grower
03-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Pictures of some of the damage. Whatcha think it is? Mg def like I said? Or something else?

I think it looks like P def ... I'm going to cheat and take a pic of this page in the grow bible since there's more typing than I care to do, and I can't type the images. :)

TheGreenFog
03-20-2007, 04:30 AM
Now, I have to go buy that Bible now, man. Screw you! JEEZ!

LOL, just kidding. That book looks awesome. I think you are dead on with the P def. diagnoisis. I have a picture somewhere with all of the leaves arranged in a sequence of degredation. I will look for that soon and post it. It looks almost exactly like the page of the book you just posted. Brilliant, dude. Brilliant. If I can give you rep again after this post, I will for sure. :greenthumb:

Edit: Damn, gotta spread some rep around first. I've been slacking. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any. So selfish. Gosh! :p

The Fog :rastasmoke

Scarlet Sky
03-20-2007, 04:32 AM
[attachment=o125276]

i'm gessing mg and cal deff, if not in combination with moybdenum... but i could be mistaken. cal/mag should fix it up though, i think

r00tdoctor
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
TheGreenFog if its getting that warm in your cab maybe you should freeze 2-liter soda jugs with water (turn your freezer on its coldest setting) and place them in the bottom of ur cab during lights on period do this with like six 2-liter jugs and u should have a constand supply of frozen jugs , change them once a day should keep your cab a few degrees cooler. Just a thought. Nice cfl grow.

Shovelhandle
03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool idea with the bottles, r00tdoctor.

I don't know how to manage nutes in a hydro grow, Foggy. I'm a dirt guy myself. Normal schedule of nutes in a pot o' good dirt and a little top dressing of wormcastings for a little treat.

Shov

canuck grower
03-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Now, I have to go buy that Bible now, man. Screw you! JEEZ!

LOL, just kidding. That book looks awesome. I think you are dead on with the P def. diagnoisis. I have a picture somewhere with all of the leaves arranged in a sequence of degredation. I will look for that soon and post it. It looks almost exactly like the page of the book you just posted. Brilliant, dude. Brilliant. If I can give you rep again after this post, I will for sure. :greenthumb:

Well if you're considering purchasing the bible I'll give you a short review of it. I definitely recommend it because it's just packed with useful info. I have read most of it except for Pests & Disease (I'll read it when I need it) and Breeding (just haven't read it yet). Sometimes things are repeated later in the chapter or in another chapter, and once or twice I remember thinking "I swear I just read this 3 times!" I know we're stoners, but still... :)

The book could use further proof reading and editing but as far as info goes there is tons of it and you'll love it. It looks much larger than it is because it's full of photos so it's a book you can read casually in a few weeks.

edit: oh yeah! the chapter on problems beats any of the sick plants guides i've found on the net. but the ones online have some real photos so they're an excellent supplement to that chapter. :thumbsup: You'll get your money's worth out of that chapter alone!

Edit: Damn, gotta spread some rep around first. I've been slacking. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any. So selfish. Gosh! :p

I forget about handing out rep all the time as well. What can ya do eh?

The Fog :rastasmoke

You and I are such geeks. I type out the smilies too. :p

TheGreenFog
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey, r00tdoctor...that IS a good idea with the bottles. Thanks. :) Unfortunately...this grow is already finished...and I'm just trying to catch up, BUT, that is a great tip for people in small spaces who are having heat problems. THANKS! :D

Even though the grow is finished, I love to talk about it like it is still going becuase the comments help anyway. I never thought about it being a P def until CG said it so KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING! :D

Shov, yea, it's not too hard to manage the nutes in a hydro sys. To add Mg & Ca, we just add Cal-Mag...and add a little more bloom nutes for the P def..etc. It has something to do with the pH blocking some of the nutes, I surmise...and also I've found that we've been flushing too much between veg & bloom which is unneccessary and you can just jump right into the bloom nutes at a lower percentage...no need to fully flush. Thanks.

CG, yea, well, sometimes us stoners need things repeated 3 times to remember it, so that may be a good thing and may be what they intended. LOL

Yea, I always type out the smileys. I hate using the mouse. I use all keyboard shortcuts and stuff too. :jointsmile :jointsmile:

HighSeekerz
03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
YOYO Green Fog! Thought I should take a look at your thread. See what you be doin... Anyways, I always enjoy chatting with you in chat. You definitely have some knowledge I would like to have concerning gardening!

I may have missed it... But how did the bud smoke??? :)

Markass
03-26-2007, 01:57 AM
looks like your flowers are doing very good :thumbsup: hope you fix your deficiency before it gets too bad

TheGreenFog
03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
YOYO Green Fog! Thought I should take a look at your thread. See what you be doin... Anyways, I always enjoy chatting with you in chat. You definitely have some knowledge I would like to have concerning gardening!

I may have missed it... But how did the bud smoke??? :)

Hey, High. Yea, it's good chattin' with ya...in chat...too. You should hang out in the Growing Sections more...there is much info in there about the Wubbulous World of Cannabis Gardening! :D

TheGreenFog
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Day 54 Bloom

[attachment=o127556] [attachment=o127557]

[attachment=o127558] [attachment=o127559] [attachment=o127560]

TheGreenFog
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
The plants again. :D

[attachment=o127565]

Adding a new fan for intake. :)

[attachment=o127566] [attachment=o127567]

[attachment=o127568] [attachment=o127569]

This should help with the temps inside the cab...hopefully.

TheGreenFog
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Budshots.

[attachment=o127571] [attachment=o127572]

[attachment=o127573] [attachment=o127574]

We placed another plant in this cab to start flowering. It is a new strain. :D Called Hashplant. It started from clone. There are two other clones in veg of this strain.

[attachment=o127575]

Bree1978
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
That pic with the screwdriver made me laugh...In bree's head...today with thegreenfog we are installing a new intake fan, just a few cuts (remember to measure twice and cut once) and a few screws then presto you're done!....

Ha ha. Keep us enticed, dear fog!

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Not very enticing, these last couple weeks, eh? ;) Just incase anyone noticed, I took about a two week hiatus. Anyway, lets change the un-enticing...ness... :D

Heeeeeere we go!

Today on Growing with TheGreenFog:

We revisit our weird problem. Yellowing then browning of the leaves. Fading or like bleaching that makes it yellow. The dark green fadesâ?¦then gets brown spots (scaley) on the top of the leavesâ?¦typically at the center stem of the leaf..then spreads..and kills the leaf. Normally starts on larger fan leaves first. Then it starts to move onto the smaller leaves and budsitesâ?¦it hasnâ??t done much damage to the budsites yetâ?¦but looks like it might.

We cut the bad leaves off of #6 last time and it has continued to affect new leavesâ?¦:(

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Checking bad leaves under microscopeâ?¦

We think the problem might be related to over-fertilization and/or pH fluctuation causing nute lock outâ?¦Mg possibly deficient? But...it's probably that plus a P def as well. Thanks, CG.

Will flush with water at a pH of 6.0 and containing 25% nutrient solution.

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 12:59 AM
More... (not finished yet) brb

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 01:02 AM
More... The last one is the sequence of degredation of the leaves.

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Checking trichomesâ?¦

These are at 57 daysâ?¦or 8 weeks 1 day (regardless of what I said before) It's confusing...:what:

#11â?¦some amber. Lots of orange pistilsâ?¦

#6â?¦cloudyâ?¦

OH and I forgot a wideshot of the cab. :) Durrr.

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Hashplant is flowering already. We see pistils. I think itâ??s been 6 days since it was thrown into the flowering (COL) chamber. :)

[attachment=o130548]

[attachment=o130549]

And that is the end of THIS update. I hope to have another one up in a little bit. Whatdya think? :(

the joint meister
04-13-2007, 02:00 AM
nice grow bro, i am going to be etempting a grow similar to this in a bodom box with floros wish me luck.

peace out

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 02:06 AM
GOOD luck jointmeister! :thumbsup: I reckon you've seen the JOURNAL OF A MADMAN if you're calling it a "Bodom box." Ha ;)

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 02:10 AM
OK here's another update, if I can get it up in the next 7 minutes. :D!

2 days later.

Regardless of our nutrient issue, the buds are looking decent. :D

[attachment=o130557] [attachment=o130558]

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Well...haha It was much shorter than I thought. Well, here we are moving NEWLY rooted clones over into the Cab to sex plants that we have going from seed. These are mystery plants now because I haven't started posting JOAMM II.

Gettin' full in there, huh? :D:D:D:D:D:D

[attachment=o130559] [attachment=o130560] [attachment=o130561]

Bree1978
04-13-2007, 03:25 AM
Holy Toledo! I like post 76 pic 2! Looking Good Fog!

TheGreenFog
04-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks, Bree! :D Hey, I didn't even notice til now that you can actually SEE the clear and cloudy trichomes in that other pic on the same post you are talking about. Cool. :D

Markass
04-13-2007, 04:44 AM
wonderful flowers, fog! :thumbsup:

divestoned
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
yep good lookin buds....I like the red haired one.

Dive:stoned:

bud breath420
04-13-2007, 12:40 PM
wow fog everytime i see something new from you its always hell sweet nice job mate! :thumbsup:

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks, guys! If only things were perfect...alas...they are not. But...WE STAY HAPPY! :D:D:D

Let's do this... DAY 63 flower

CAB of Life

We start todayâ??s check-ups by opening the COL, like normal. Everything looks ok at first glanceâ?¦relatively speaking. The browning problem persists on #6. I pruned off the dead leaves. The other two in there are #11s. They seem to be doing alright considering. The buds are surely getting very fat.

The Fog

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Laterâ?¦after coming back to the COLâ?¦we notice white spots on the top of the leavesâ?¦

My first thought â?¦ :eek: SPIDERMITES?!? Let me lookâ?¦*turn the leaf over*

Sh*tâ?¦it IS spidermitesâ?¦:mad: They are all over this HP. Let me go check the other HPsâ?¦yep, they all have them. Fuckerâ?¦:cursing:

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Manually killing most of the spidermitesâ?¦ and then spray down the worse one with water and light mild soap solution. We will probably clone and throw away the afflicted plants. Could it be the peat pellets?? Grrr.

We need neem oil?

Otherwise, we still have the 6 test clones in there to sex. I donâ??t see any signs of sex yet. They are 5 days into flowering.

Everyone point and laugh at the mutant plantâ?¦ BG #2. :D hehehe

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Regardless of the spidermites...we have decent buds growing. They will be coming down soon.

The end.... for now.

stinkyattic
04-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Sup f[r]og
What temps are you running?
While you treat for mites, try dropping the night temps down into the 60s if you have any way to do that... it slows down the mite life cycle VERY much and will make it a little easier to kill the fuckers. They also HATE wind.
Neem away... be careful not to DRENCH the leaves though; I recently discovered what over-neeming can do to a cannabis plant.. the leaves get dark green, translucent, and brittle, and die. That was with the fungicide3 product from walmart. Just a FYI.
Also if you have a dust buster rechargeable vacuum you can physically suck them off the leaves.

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey, Stinky. Well, the temps are definitely higher than desired. Mid 80s to 90 atm, and really no conceiveable way to drop them that low at night. BUT, I will keep that in mind for next time. :D

We neemed...and neemed...we'll see what happens...

Still no sight of obvius sex on the test-clones.

HP still has some spidermites but is flowering...

Getting oh so close to harvest on the three main plants.

OH, day 65 by the way

TheGreenFog
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
We are going to flush the three plants (#11, #11, #6 ) with Clearex. Then only water for the rest of the cycleâ?¦maybe 10 more days.

Bree1978
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm watching, fog. Same time as you, turns out I have some glitches. Again I say, What a day. I'm a poet now...at leat coors thinks so. Happy Tuesday.

TheGreenFog
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey, Bree...maybe you're the ONLY one watching. :sadcrying...

:D:D:D

Hey, so here we are at day 70 of flower in the Cab of Life. Unfortunately, I misplaced the notes so we'll have to improvise.

Here is the CAB! All the plants in the front are test clones except the one in the smaller red pot, which is a flowering HP. All of the test-clones have showed sex, but since those are not part of this log, I'll leave that part (and those pictures) out.

[attachment=o132268]

Ok, so we've taken out all the test-clones and are left with the HP (Hashplant)...but it still has mites. Those mites came with the plant and are really beginning to become a nuisance...grrr.

[attachment=o132269] [attachment=o132270] [attachment=o132271]

TheGreenFog
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
So, because the HP has mites, I'm not going to try to struggle with it going through the whole flowering cycle, especially not in this CFL cab which has been an experiment. I'll try to kill the mites as best I can and clone one of the vegging HPs and flower it in the main room under the HPS when I can.

So, we chop the ~3 wk old HP...discard...save a couple of the little teeny buds for...nothing...and here is what we are left with.

[attachment=o132272] [attachment=o132273]

[attachment=o132274] [attachment=o132275]

TheGreenFog
04-23-2007, 03:25 PM
A shot of each of the plants. (#11e,#11d, #6)

[attachment=o132276] [attachment=o132277] [attachment=o132278]

They will come down in a few days...!

TheGreenFog
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Here are some of the bud shots...

[attachment=o132279] [attachment=o132280] [attachment=o132281] [attachment=o132282]

TheGreenFog
04-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok here's the plan. I've removed all of the fan leaves from the plant for their final few days. Maybe they will think they are BEING EATEN and produce more trichomes? Also, watering will stop 48 hours pre-harvest and 36 hours of dark harvesting after that.

[attachment=o132283] [attachment=o132284] [attachment=o132285]

[attachment=o132286] [attachment=o132287]

Next update will be harvest time! :D

Bree1978
04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Looks good Fog....(Bree stares at her empty bowl and winks....) I'm very interested to see if you have more trichs by your fan leaf removal experiment...I tried the darkness thing last time (only 24 hours though)...I did't see anything great, and it made the plants wetter and harder to dry. My mistake was that I did them exactly the same so I had no basis for comparison...and they were different strains too. You idea is tight...However learning from my mistake, it would have been even neater if you had a control, one with half the leaves removed, and one totally fanless. In any event, I'm excited to see if you have good results.
Bree waits happily for Fog's harvest.

Teehee, I used the word neater...!

boscom
04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
SO DO THE WALLS HAVE TO BE WHITE!

TheGreenFog
04-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Looks good Fog....(Bree stares at her empty bowl and winks....) I'm very interested to see if you have more trichs by your fan leaf removal experiment...I tried the darkness thing last time (only 24 hours though)...I did't see anything great, and it made the plants wetter and harder to dry. My mistake was that I did them exactly the same so I had no basis for comparison...and they were different strains too. You idea is tight...However learning from my mistake, it would have been even neater if you had a control, one with half the leaves removed, and one totally fanless. In any event, I'm excited to see if you have good results.
Bree waits happily for Fog's harvest.

Teehee, I used the word neater...!

Yea, I'm wondering if you kept watering them through that darkness period. I guess not, huh? Did you water right before?

I wish I had done that experiment with the three...it would've been cool. :( Sorry.

Harvest coming tomorrow most likely. :D:D:D

SO DO THE WALLS HAVE TO BE WHITE!

:what: Wrong thread I think, bro.

Shovelhandle
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Harvest? Alrighty!

Shov

Bree1978
04-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Yea, I'm wondering if you kept watering them through that darkness period. I guess not, huh? Did you water right before?

I wish I had done that experiment with the three...it would've been cool. :( Sorry.

Harvest coming tomorrow most likely. :D:D:D

:what: Wrong thread I think, bro.

No, I didn't water. Everyone is glued to thier FOGTV!!! :chainsaw:

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Well, welcome back to TheGreenFog TV! :D

Wow, don't the days go by quickly in this log? ...or sometimes slowly. LOL

OK, well, we're at harvest day! :yippee: :yippee:

Harvesting the three. They look crystallier and fatter...who knows.

[attachment=o132627]

The past three days, we have given them no water. And we also turned off the light for 36 hours prior to harvesting...oh and we took off all of the fan leaves three days ago. Not sure if that helped at all, but they do look better.

I think giving them no water for 3 days will help when cutting as they will naturally be drier and will also help when drying them...I think...

[attachment=o132628] [attachment=o132629] [attachment=o132630]

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:46 AM
More THC? :confused: I dunno...looks like it to me!

[attachment=o132631] [attachment=o132632] [attachment=o132633] [attachment=o132634]

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:49 AM
[attachment=o132635] [attachment=o132636]

Wet weights

11d - 142g wet
11e - 132g wet
6d - 106g wet

[attachment=o132637] [attachment=o132638]

Total weight 380g wet which would give us a rough estimate of 2.7 oz (76g) dry. We'll have to wait and see. Hope they dont shrink too much.

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Buds are very crystally!!! :D:D:D:D Whoo hooo...much better than last time. :D They have really fattened up in the last few days and weeks.

[attachment=o132639] [attachment=o132640] [attachment=o132641]

[attachment=o132642] [attachment=o132643]

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:54 AM
I do not see seeds anywhere, so I think we are safe in that respect.

EGADS...look at pic two! :eek:

[attachment=o132644] [attachment=o132645] [attachment=o132646]

[attachment=o132647] [attachment=o132648]

TheGreenFog
04-25-2007, 03:56 AM
The buds look beautiful. We trim them and hang them to dry for approximately one week.

*momentary pause*

Whoa...I'm getting really stoned here...I am celebrating and have smoked a couple joints, a bong of weed and scissor hash (:eek:) and countless other bong hits...whoa...:stoned:...pardon me if I got off track a little...

OK, so here is zee dry box with zee lovely flowers.

[attachment=o132649] [attachment=o132650] [attachment=o132651]

[attachment=o132652] [attachment=o132653]

The End...will be back to give dry weights soon. :D What do you guys think? :D

r00tdoctor
04-25-2007, 04:38 AM
fog those are some nice crystally looking nugs hope we get a full smoke report and dry weight those are the lil details about grows I like alot, your camera's got a nice macro setting what kinda cam is it? lol im in the market for a decent cam with a good macro like yours.

18toki
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Wow.. Look at those buds.. :thumbsup: You only used 6500k CFLs to veg and flower, right? Amazing.. I wish I could get about 2oz dried. I'll be lucky!

The past three days, we have given them no water. And we also turned off the light for 36 hours prior to harvesting...oh and we took off all of the fan leaves three days ago. Not sure if that helped at all, but they do look better.
I'll do the same.. thanks for the info.. so if I do this, it'll take less time to dry buds? ok.. got it~ :baggy:

Bree1978
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
The buds look beautiful. We trim them and hang them to dry for approximately one week.

*momentary pause*

Whoa...I'm getting really stoned here...I am celebrating and have smoked a couple joints, a bong of weed and scissor hash (:eek:) and countless other bong hits...whoa...:stoned:...pardon me if I got off track a little...

OK, so here is zee dry box with zee lovely flowers.

[attachment=o132649] [attachment=o132650] [attachment=o132651]

[attachment=o132652] [attachment=o132653]

The End...will be back to give dry weights soon. :D What do you guys think? :D

I can't think at all after the amazing harvest shots! Another Good Job Fog!

TheGreenFog
04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
fog those are some nice crystally looking nugs hope we get a full smoke report and dry weight those are the lil details about grows I like alot, your camera's got a nice macro setting what kinda cam is it? lol im in the market for a decent cam with a good macro like yours.

Thanks...yea smoke report coming asap. As far as cameras go, anything pricey from Canon, Kodak, or Fuji would do good. If you want the best, go Nikkon. :D

Wow.. Look at those buds.. :thumbsup: You only used 6500k CFLs to veg and flower, right? Amazing.. I wish I could get about 2oz dried. I'll be lucky!

I'll do the same.. thanks for the info.. so if I do this, it'll take less time to dry buds? ok.. got it~ :baggy:

Good question. The lamps are "full spectrum" CFLs...never noted down what temperature they are (3k or 6.5k)...but they were used for veg & flower. Yes. And if you let the plants go dry (no watering) for the last couple of days, I think this will help when drying and also could possibly cause the plant to stress a bit so that it might put on a few extra trichomes at the end. Also, leaving the lights off for the last 36-48 hours might help in trichome production. Either way, you save lights, water and it can't hurt. Harvesting at the end of a dark cycle is recommended by most.

I can't think at all after the amazing harvest shots! Another Good Job Fog!

Thankee. :D Will be posting dry pics and weights soon. Probably today.

TheGreenFog
04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Ok so it's been 4 days since harvest.

Dry box...they've shrunk considerably. :( But they are still crystally as hell. :D Hope they yield alright,. They've been drying for 4 days. Will jar in few more days.

[attachment=o133541] [attachment=o133542] [attachment=o133543]

[attachment=o133544] [attachment=o133545]

Divestoned
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
looks good bro...nice work

Dive:stoned:

TheGreenFog
04-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Ok, so it's been a couple more days. They've dried enough to the point where we will weigh them dry & jar 'em.

[attachment=o133546]

TheGreenFog
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Number 6:

21 grams with stems...

[attachment=o133547]

15 grams dry without stems (just bud)

[attachment=o133548] [attachment=o133549] [attachment=o133550]

Scarlet Sky
04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
and get a smoke report? :p

TheGreenFog
04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
52 grams with stems...

[attachment=o133551]

43 grams dry (from two plants)

[attachment=o133552] [attachment=o133553] [attachment=o133554]

So that would give us about 21-22 grams per plant on the number 11 and 15 grams dry from the #6. Not that bad for CFLs...I guess. :o

Next up...smoke report.

stinkyattic
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
lol not bad at all!

Markass
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
those are some fine looking flowers, fog...:thumbsup:

Weedhound
05-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Just arrived....late as always....but caught the harvest photos .....DAMN Gorgeous!!!! What a great job! :thumbsup:

Bree1978
05-01-2007, 01:34 PM
bree says in her best mr. burns voice....Excellent.

:jointsmile:

TheGreenFog
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks all you guys/gals! :D:D:D:D You're the greatestestest! :yippee:

[attachment=o133921]

kaj621
05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
wow.. i wish i can grow like u lol:)

healthy_ganjaForest
05-04-2007, 06:56 PM
very nice, nice indeed!

TheGreenFog
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Ditto... (http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/95469-journal-madman-cab-life-6.html#post1407472)

[attachment=o135073]

So, the smoke report:

Initial testing after one week of drying showed "decent" smoke, but not mind blowing. Taste is good, and very little signs of any nutes not being flushed. This holds true for both #11s and the #6, however, I'd say that number six is better than the elevens.

After curing for a month or so, the verdict has changed. Number six has cured well and is definitely a good type for rolling some decent joints. Number 11, however really has a kick. I rolled it into a couple joints and got high, but it wasn't until I packed a bowl that I realized that it really does kick your ass with just a bowl or two. The buds are not the most compact, but they are nice nonetheless.

Better than decent smoke from a small CFL cab...I'll take it. :) I think it came out to a little over 2 ounces after all was said and done, from three small plants with a final height of close to only 18 inches.

r00tdoctor
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Mr. Fog. Im glad yor cfl grow went so well (and yeilded so well!) , I will someday do a cfl only grow , but the plants I have at the moment are giants and need lots of light lol. Im working on a stealth cfl veg/mother cabinet at the moment (Its gonna be so stealth its going to be in my living room lol with and aquarium on top of it lol) I really like your cab of life maybe someday ill flower in it just for kicks.

Like that you gave a smoke report wish more people would give the little details, lol. Maybe we should come up with a standardised form for a grow/yield/smoke report that at the end of the grow complies all the basic info of the grow like taste, high smell , yeild , how many watts the plants were grown under , yeild per watt , nutes used ect. That would be expecially useful
for helping peeps decide what strains to grow. It would also give people ways to gauge there yields to others. Lol im high.

Do you notice more tricomes on your cfl plants? I have cfl's in with my hps for the extra spectrum coverage. My girls are only on there 9th day of flower and already showing sign's of tric's.

Oh yea what are your take on the subject of adding uvb lighting to a grow , ive done some research on the subject and basically in "the wild" plants in areas of high uvb levels are more potent. So im wondering if adding a couple 7% uvb 48" floros to my grow area would be useful. Can pick up a couple for $35 bucks im just wondering if it would be worth the trouble.

Rock.Steady
05-10-2007, 02:25 PM
this is an AMAZING pic!!!:thumbsup:
http://boards.cannabis.com/attachments/grow-log/108601d1167187745-journal-madman-cab-life-d140-12-01-59-.jpg

Rock.

postmandave
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
love it fog another great grow.not a bad weight mate not bad at all and i love the set up .be safe the postman

Bree1978
05-14-2007, 03:17 AM
Yet again I 'pop' in to 'bow' at your threadl. Looks great fog. I really think that floros with hps can be best.......stayed tuned to my log, I'm going for the whole shebang this go around. Really, do you not think growth is best with floro for veg and a healthy mix for flowering? I'm talking floro vs but also conjunction mh in all considerations, I can clarify if that was not crystal....let's discuss the best possible mix and times!

TheGreenFog
05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I put all the responses in the quotes this time. Lazy, sorry.

Mr. Fog. Im glad yor cfl grow went so well (and yeilded so well!) , I will someday do a cfl only grow , but the plants I have at the moment are giants and need lots of light lol. Im working on a stealth cfl veg/mother cabinet at the moment (Its gonna be so stealth its going to be in my living room lol with and aquarium on top of it lol) I really like your cab of life maybe someday ill flower in it just for kicks.

Hey, man everyone needs a good stealth mother/veg cabinet. Then you could just flower in your large space and get more, but still have your mothers/clones. Let me know what your plans are. Also, let me know where you send your air/heat, etc. I'm interested to know. :)

Like that you gave a smoke report wish more people would give the little details, lol. Maybe we should come up with a standardised form for a grow/yield/smoke report that at the end of the grow complies all the basic info of the grow like taste, high smell , yeild , how many watts the plants were grown under , yeild per watt , nutes used ect. That would be expecially useful for helping peeps decide what strains to grow. It would also give people ways to gauge there yields to others. Lol im high.

True, it's a good idea...and been done before but most people don't even read the stickies so it would be pointless. But, hey, maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am. :)

Do you notice more tricomes on your cfl plants? I have cfl's in with my hps for the extra spectrum coverage. My girls are only on there 9th day of flower and already showing sign's of tric's.

Well, the CFL plant was pretty trichomey. I'm not sure if I'd say more than the HPS plant, but then again, the HPS plants went hermie (well one of them did) and got seeded, so that takes away from the THC. Also, the one with the least amount of seeds was the most sticky, so there is a correlation there. As long as you have the right spectrum, and enough lumens, you should get a decently sticky plant.

Oh yea what are your take on the subject of adding uvb lighting to a grow , ive done some research on the subject and basically in "the wild" plants in areas of high uvb levels are more potent. So im wondering if adding a couple 7% uvb 48" floros to my grow area would be useful. Can pick up a couple for $35 bucks im just wondering if it would be worth the trouble.

Hey, man I've spoken on this subject for ever since I registered on this site. I think it would definitely help. You seem to understand exactly what I'm saying, so if you have the means, go for it for sure and let us know what difference you think it makes. Best results would come from a split grow where one was used and one was not, but not many people can pull that off, except Bluebear or something (I know you're watching, bro).

<><><>

this is an AMAZING pic!!!:thumbsup:

I love that pic, man. Thanks! :D

Rock.

<><><>

love it fog another great grow.not a bad weight mate not bad at all and i love the set up .be safe the postman

Thanks, mate. :cool: I figured it to be something like 0.35 gpw.

<><><>

Yet again I 'pop' in to 'bow' at your threadl. Looks great fog. I really think that floros with hps can be best.......stayed tuned to my log, I'm going for the whole shebang this go around. Really, do you not think growth is best with floro for veg and a healthy mix for flowering? I'm talking floro vs but also conjunction mh in all considerations, I can clarify if that was not crystal....let's discuss the best possible mix and times!

See how I stole your reply method? ;) Haha Thanks. Well, no bowing allowed here, girl. Nothing exceptional, but thanks for the pop-in. :D:D:D I think you may be right about the flouros complementing the HPS's spectrum, but I have no knowledge there. Only have HPS separate and CFL separate.

I have got to go back and see what temp those CFLs are because they were not change from veg to flowering. They are "full spectrum" bulbs. Dunno. I think overall, if you can feasibly do MH + CFL in veg and HPS + CFL + UVB in flower, you will have conceivably optimized the light spectrum available and would have KICK A$$ plants. Naaameen? w00t! :jointsmile: Will be checking your thread soon. :)

OH, and I just wanted to stick this pic in here cuz I think it's cool. :D

[attachment=o136017]

atsar
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
fuckin hell man,i'm impressed,wasn't aware of this log till now

all that from 3 plants under cfl,i might just give it a try in a small veg box i made but never used,few ounces from a redundant space every 3 months sounds good to me

so you got anything else on the go/cards

06-14-2007, 01:29 AM
The lights are 8 x 23w "fullspectrum" CFLs in two 4-way fixtures.

Sorry to bring up an old post but how did you wire the 4 way lights? did you use a light switch or did you wire them to plug in to the wall?

I have a similar set up that i am getting ready and really like you light set up.

TheGreenFog
06-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey, 5150. I had a pair of those bindings before...I might still have em.

The light kit was just hard wired into a regular wire (blk to blk, wht to wht, etc) then plugged into the light strip that is in the cab (look for it, it's in the pictures) Then those lights and the fans are all on that light strip and the light strip is plugged into a timer.

Don't worry about bringing up this log. It's not THAT old, now. LOL And it gives me something to do by responding. LOL I'm glad at least someone likes it. :) I'm looking forward to seeing yours and how you deal with exhaust, heat, etc...

Be cool, bro. Cool avatar.

orangeman
06-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Damn Fog. For some reason your grow inspires me. I guess it's because of all the pics xD. Nice grow :D.

TheGreenFog
06-14-2007, 05:20 AM
fuckin hell man,i'm impressed,wasn't aware of this log till now

all that from 3 plants under cfl,i might just give it a try in a small veg box i made but never used,few ounces from a redundant space every 3 months sounds good to me

so you got anything else on the go/cards

I forgot to respond to this one. Yea, atsar. Unfortunately, the cab could be improved upon greatly. Here are some of the things:

1 - The plants had no drainage the entire time. :eek: Yea, seriously. They were rockwool cubes (4" x 4") sunken into a tub of hydroton clay pebbles. No drainage. They were hydro, but hand watered on a daily basis. It was controlled for the most part, but eventually, the roots didn't like it...they started to rot. Luckily that happened closer to the end of they cycle anyway, so it was not very detrimental.

This could be improved upon by setting up a small ebb & flow system in this cab, with a resevoir underneath. The problem came when looking for the right sized planter to flood with...and therefore, they ended up staying in their temporary homes the whole way.

2 - Another thing was that the air was ventilated from and to the surrounding room. There was no kind of carbon scrubbing system or ducting to speak of. Only two fans going out and one coming in (which was actually added later). This caused the surrounding room to raise in temperature by several degrees. THAT in turn caused the intake air to the main flowering room (http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/83858-journal-madman-28.html) to rise and cook those plants. This chain effect WAS extremely detrimental to the plants. ON TOP of that, the room reeked of MJ towards the last month of bloom. Lastly, the cab was meant to be sealed with some type of rubber gasket, but was never done, so the plants were not 100% light and air proof. This didn't seem to cause as much of a problem as far as hermies go, but the air pressure inside the cab was off.

This could have been improved upon by venting the air out of the cab into the attic or out a window (but we all know what challenges arise when you're looking to vent shit). Also, there could have been a scrubber added, but that would have required the purchase of a larger, better fan, which was not in the budget for this experimental grow...but would have been ideal. The cab also should have been fully sealed. Shame...oh the shame. :p

Oh, and atsar...you said every "3 months," but you really wouldn't want to work from seed in this one. You'd want to have a clone that is from somewhere else, mature and ready to flower at 6-8 inches. I guess you could cut some clones from your mother, root them in the cab (with only a couple lights turned on...then veg them for a week or two, while topping them and doing LST on them to bush them out properly, then flower them in the same cab. That could take 3 months, I guess...true. It'd be a cool little thing to have around...

THAT BEING SAID...CFLs suck for flowering marijuana plants.

They do...really. Check this out...for the amount of watts that are being pulled (~200w), and the amount of lumens that were given to the plant, the electricity was not being used efficiently. The same cab would do MUCH BETTER with a 150w or 250w HPS system. Being that the cab would need to be ventilated properly anyway...you might as well vent an HPS and get more bang for your buck.

I understand if you are absolutely unable to get a hold of an HPS or something, then go CFL...it won't hurt and if you have no problem with doing it exactly the way it is done in this log, faults and all, then go for it..but in the long run, you are losing money by flowering with CFLs. See this thread we hijacked (http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/117849-when-am-i-using-too-many-watts.html) for more of what I'm talking about. Oh...and if you do go CFL...ffs, get the right spectrum. Word.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there is something else, I'm just tired of typing so...I'm going to gooooooooo.......

:smokin: :rastasmoke: :jointsmile: :bonghit: :bong: :S5: :bigsmoke: :smokebong: :vap_rasta: :vap_smiley: :rastabanna: :420thought:

Those new Volcano smilies are cool. :D

Damn Fog. For some reason your grow inspires me. I guess it's because of all the pics xD. Nice grow :D.

Thank...... you...... O-man. :cool: I was gonna give u some rep, but I gotta spread it around first. But, yo...hit this, dawg. :joint1: :D

Thats all for now, folks. Be cool.

TheGreenFog
07-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey, people. Well, I was wondering something...

So, you know this is a spinoff of the JOAMM (JOURNAL OF A MADMAN) threads, but only cuz it's a CFL grow and in a separate cab. If you have seen the main thread in the INDOOR Section, you know there is another one coming up. So, I am ready to post the JOAMM II, but I'm not sure where to put it.

For continuity sake, I planned to put it also in the Indoor Section, but then I thought again because since then, the Grow Log section has become almost more popular than the Indoor section...

So where do I put it?! And another thing. If I put it in here, I would want JOAMM I to be moved over here, but would that break all the links to it that I've made in other threads? Does anyone know? Maybe I'll ask the mods in the feedback section if I don't get an answer here. I'm anxious to put up the 2nd log, so I hope I figure it out soon.

Also, I was surprised that no one posted any response to that bigass post I did one above this one. :confused: I wonder if anyone read it. hehe ;)

Be cool.

Bree1978
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd think that you of all people should put the new log here, er um tee hee, didn't you suggest this section??? ha ha ha.

That's my vote. i don't know about the link thing, I'd imagine the mod's could work it out for you?

Rock.Steady
07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
i kno the mods on another board im on is able to split threads and still have the links work for ppl who are linked.
i would assume same could apply if they move a thread.
u would def. need some mod assist.

and i would also vote next joamm kept right here bro:thumbsup:

Rock.

TheGreenFog
07-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Damn, right!!!!!!

You guys rock. I'm so :stoned:

ok...JOAMM II coming up...right now! :D

Thanks Bree & Rock.Steady! :D:D:D

hydrocannabis
07-14-2007, 01:02 PM
hey greenfrog. ok I just looked at UR whole grow from start to finish and I have to say OMFG.

that is the coolest CLF grow I have ever seen.

and thouse buds OMFG. they look so dam beautiful.

TheGreenFog
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks, hydrocan. You know, when I look back at this grow...it does look like it came out pretty good. :D The buds were pretty fat and nice and compact for CFLs. The trichomes were decent too. I think it has to be attributed to the full spectrum of the CFLs used. Too bad it wasn't with better genetics. I am interested to see what kind of bud could come from the Cab of Life with good genetics. Hmmm. :)

hydrocannabis
07-22-2007, 04:32 AM
hey frog. UR grow was so cool looking that I wanted to do 1 of my own.
so I have 2 questions about UR grow.

I wanted to do the same kind of grow U did on this log. but after I finish the soil scrog grow I have going in my rubber made grow box thats in my closet now.

I wanted to use my grow box for a grow like URs but scrog style.
so that my plant would fit in there better.

Q1. Is how did u water the plants. like did U have to water more than once a day?

Q2. Is would it still work if I wanted to use marbles.
I ask cuz I have a few LBs of marbles that I could use.

and this would be for 1-2 plants only.

thanks for some info on this.

hydrocannabis
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
hey frog U there?

how fast these plants Grow in that setup?

TheGreenFog
07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey, hydrocan...lol U caught me log on to make ONE post today. haha. Anyway, to answer your questions...

The plants were watered by hand. Twice per day...sometimes only once. The reason for this was the lack of drainage...ideally, one would have drainage with either a drip system or an ebb & flow system. Hand watering is not ideal. I explained all of that in a post just a few posts up from this...(post #139) :wtf:

Marbles might work, but they proably would not be able to hold much moisture...so you would have to have a continuous watering system so that you wouldn't dry the plants out too much.

The plants don't grow any faster because they are in this setup. It still depends on the strain. Some took up to 9.5-10 wks.

Sorry such a hurried response. Busy day. :) I hope I can update JOAMM II soon! :D

hydrocannabis
07-24-2007, 12:29 AM
THANKS for the info frog.

Rock.Steady
07-24-2007, 12:32 AM
THANKS for the info frog.

hehehe, hey Hydro, its Fog, no "r":thumbsup::stoned:

hydrocannabis
07-24-2007, 12:46 AM
oops. thats right.:stoned:

TheGreenFog
07-24-2007, 01:02 AM
hehehe, hey Hydro, its Fog, no "r":thumbsup::stoned:

lol. Thanks, Rock. I was gonna say something. I've gotten used to it. haha.

Rock.Steady
07-24-2007, 01:10 AM
lol. Thanks, Rock. I was gonna say something. I've gotten used to it. haha.

hey well, could just let those lil habits get set, but then maybe someone will be expecting a recipe for your legs:jawdropper::stoned:

TheGreenFog
07-24-2007, 01:48 AM
^Lol....look at my profile pic. haha

zlessley
01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the avatar!!

TheGreenFog
06-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Oooh, nice trichomes. :)

TF

hydrocannabis
06-15-2008, 03:15 AM
glad to see that ur back. but where the hey have u been?:wtf:
its been gettin close to a year now since u been here.

so u got any ting growin.:D

Shovelhandle
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Good to see you're back. What is "geen fog"? In our house it's not very nice... germ warfare.... Braaaat! <G>

Shov

stinkyattic
06-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey no shit, look who's back. Sup Frog! ;)

TheGreenFog
06-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Hey! Glad to see familiar faces. I was worried. I'm doing alright. Got a little bummed when I couldn't view pics w/o being logged in. It's still kind of a bummer. Then just got busy with life, you know how it is.

Anyway, I have to get caught up on some of the logs and stuff that are running around. I have some old logs & pics that I may put up if I get a chance. Nothing running at the moment tho.

Shov, you know how name picks go...green fog doesn't sound good when u think about it literally. :wtf: Ha.

Off to browse a bit. :vap_rasta:

The Fog