PDA

View Full Version : Hydro: Bubbler Style - a story in the making.

The Student
11-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Hello,

I am starting this thread a bit early, but patience is the name of this game, so consider this a bit of a test. The actual hydro grow will not start for some time yet, but preparation has begun.

Notanovice - I am going to be looking to you for guidance if you do not mind. I know that hydro is your choice of poison, and you are the one that inspired me to try out hydro. Back on one of my first posts here. :cool:

Everyone is welcome to chime in and ask/answer any questions you like. This thread can be an open "how to" if so desired.

Here are some of the items that I have so far:

CocoTek 5" Net Pot Liners
5.5" Heavy Duty Net Pots
5" Net Pot Covers
Hydroton Clay Pebbles
Grodan Rockwool Starter Cubes - 1.5" x 2" x 2"

This will be a learning experience. I'm hoping for the best.

Peace

The Student
11-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Hello,

Here are some more pics.

I am excited to use this air pump, I think that it will do an awesome job. It is supposed to be able to run 16 waterfarm buckets. I am going to tee each of the nozzles once for a total of eight air tubes. I will be buying bubble wands at Wal-Mart sometime soon. I figure a total of eight wands in the bubble container will do some justice.

The container that I will be using is a 20 gallon rubbermaid container that I have made light proof.

Here is a shot of my waterproof, temperature compensated, pH pen, storage solution, and pH buffers.

Peace

The Student
11-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Hello,

I have been contemplating on how many pots to use. I want to use as many as possible, but do not want to crowd too much. So I went with a total of five.

I think that this will be fine. This gives each plant (clone actually) 4 gallons of water.

I will be using Pure Blend Grow and Bloom on this grow. For the following run I think that I am going to try out General Hydroponics Flora series, Flora Shield, and their Diamond Nector.

Here is a link to the GH products. Link To Products (http://carefreegarden.com/htmlos/0023.4.72339992956)

Has anyone used these nutrients? I know that they are highly acclaimed, but I would like some real-world-application-type knowledge.

Are they easy/hard to work with?

Peace

notanovice
11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
you`ve done your homework!
i got just a few questions.
on the lids of the res. are they white?
i know the net pot covers are, but i mean the lids that they sit in.
i see from the pic the bottom is blackish, i use the same type of res, black rubbermaid, no light penetration.
this is just a sugestion tho. i use a dropcloth type thing i get from home depot.
it`s white paperlike material on one side, and white plastic on the other. very useful for reflecting light up under plants. very cheap too, and easy to work with. one pkg can cover a number of res. of that size.
you should do very well with that set up, my only concern is, will the plants over grow their intended space? with pruning and some plant training, i think they should be ok. now i`m starting to babble. hahaha. i`m am excited as you. i feel like a proud father, like when his son hits his first homerun, or makes his first touchdown etc.etc.
you can ask for my assistance(i dont think you`ll need any)
any time. it will be my pleasure
again i say
GREAT JOB :D :D :D :D

The Student
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the confidence booster. I am ready to take on the day, no problems now!

In the pic that is the top of the lid for the resivoir. I just set the net pots upside down on it.

I light proofed the tub with Krylon Plastic spray paint, about 5 coats. And then went over it with a cheap can of black spray paint that I had on hand. That is what is giving it that kind of shiny reflection.

The paper/plastic material is a good idea and will just help to ensure that there will be no light leaks from the top, alonw with acting as a reflective material. Thanks.

How many 5.5 inch pots would you suggest that I ran in this size of res?

The five in the pic are not cut in yet so I can still switch things around.

Is five going to be too crowded?

I know that they will grow close together, but they will be under a 600 watt HPS with a hortilux bulb. So that should help anyway with light penetration. At five plants that is 120 watts per plant.

The grow area is covered in wrinkle free mylar, and runs (temp wise) at about 78-83* right now. I can stick my hand on the light shield of the 600 watter, and keep it there. The light is being vented by a 6" inline duct blower, rated at 449 CFM, made by Vortex. The rest of the area has no active ventilation. I do have a good sized passive intake though, just incase I end up needing to add in a small exhaust fan.

Two strains (one per run) will be used in this bubbler. Ak-47 (from greenhouse seeds), and Trainwreck (from a SoCal dispensery, clone only).

Heres to the sound of baby bubbles.

Peace

notanovice
11-17-2004, 06:33 PM
i think the way you have them setting would be good
the stagger of the net pots like that should be enough room
you lucky dog, trainwreck clones
again i say, you lucky dog.
i`m just exstatic, smilin from ear to ear :D :D
good luck!

PEACE
and
GRASS

The Student
11-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Hello,

I am super excited about the trainwreck, but I should not speak to loudly, they are not in my posession yet. All is well though.

I am anxious to get this going.

notanovice - What nutes do you use?

I have been busy, I am studying up on AK-47 over at overgrow. That place is just about imposible to decipher sometimes. I am also researching Trainwreck, there is a lot of hype around this strain. I know that it is suposed to be really good, but it is so rare for things to live up to the standards that they have been set to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Talk to you later.

Peace

The Student
11-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Hello,

Here is just a small update. I have the net pots in the bubbler now.

Items still to get:
Air pump tubing
Air tube tee's
Bubble wands
EC Meter (Waterproof)
GH Flora Series

Thats all that I can think of for now.

Peace

notanovice
11-18-2004, 11:39 AM
one step grow
one step bloom
and voodoo juice
all three are advanced nutrients products

Torog
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Howdy notanovice and Student,

I really like this kind of set-up,because it seems to be good for a feller with not much space-and because it doesn't require heavy lifting. The way I've been growing,is to git 4-5 gallon pots ,filled with potting soil-which takes up alot of space,and since I like to carry the plants to the bathtub where I can water them good enough for the water to flow through,flushing out accumulated salts and to give em a thorough drenching-cuz I like for them to be virtually dry-before watering them. Obviously,once they've been thoroughly watered,they're pretty daggum heavy,for a feller with a bad back. BTW,when I say 'water'-I don't mean tap water from the shower head..I mean with my fert solution..lol. Don't freak out..lol.

It's also a plus,that most of the components,can be bought at WallyWorld(Wal-Mart)..for the rest..I can go to the big city or order on-line..I reckon.

I haven't grown hydro before-but I'd be willing to learn..as long as I can do it with organic ferts or at least some kind of fert that doesn't give it a chemical taste. Is that possible ?

Have a good one...Torog

heartsurgerysurviver
11-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi torog
I don't mean to butt in , hydro grown with organic ferts and flushed properly before harvesting have no chemical taste in them at all. hydro will produce bigger buds faster. all you'll have to move. after it is set up, is quarts of ferts and a hose. great for bad backs and the disabled. it is possible to get 4-6 harvests a year with hydro. If your growing by dirt , the change over is minimal. alot of people here to help out , anything i can do , just ask torog.
peace
heart

heartsurgerysurviver
11-18-2004, 03:20 PM
i forgot i thing for you . here's a site i get some nutes from
http://www.americanagritech.com
peace
heart

The Student
11-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Hello,

notanovice - Thanks, I have also been looking at Advanced Nutrients. I have a few supliment samples that I am trying out to see if I like them. The samples are, Dr. Hornby's Big Bud, Bud Blood, and Carbo Load. Have you seen the advertisments for Dr. Hornby's Tarantula? If I end up going with the Advanced Nutes I will be trying some of this out.

Torog - If you are interested, you should put together a bubbler system and we could do a tandum grow. We will learn together, and hopefully harvest some beautiful buds.

heartsurgerysurviver - Thank you for the link. I also have some samples from this company, I have the Botanicare Power Series; Power Plant, Power Flower, and Power clone. I have used the Power Flower in past grows and would say that it certainly does its job.

-Sometimes late at night, when the wind kicks up just right, you can hear the sound of bubbles, bubbles from every direction.-

-If you cant over-throw, then Over Grow!-

Peace

The Student
11-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello,
Here is a bit of info on Dr. Hornby's Tarantula

Tarantula

Advanced Nutrients is proud to announce Tarantula, a pioneering product that contains the highest concentration of beneficial microorganisms of any plant growth product we know of.

Why do you need beneficial microogranisms? Because the best soil in nature, the kind of soil that plants are rarely grown in by today's indoor growers, contains a rich blend of microorganisms such as Bacillus, Streptomycetes, Actinomycetes, and Psuedomonas. These tiny organisms help soil and other grow media to be a very favorable environment for plant roots. And when plants are in an environment that favors their roots, they grow faster and more efficiently uptake their nutrients, which means they can better handle stress, and better produce bigger flowers and fruit.

Dr. Hornby believes in healthy plants and healthy grow mediums. He set out to restore nature's balance to the mediums that growers use. He spent three years peering into the world of microogranisms. Sometimes he found himself almost permanently squinting at the little microbes as they colonized root zones and created symbiotic relationships that greatly pleased plant roots.

During extensive field testing under the most rigorous conditions, Dr. Hornby found that his special Tarantula formula, which contains 57 different types of microorgansms and 1.4 billion "colony-forming units" per gram, fostered exceptional growth in vegetative and flowering phases. Root mass increased by the application of Tarantula, and was increased even more when Tarantula was used in conjunction with another revolutionary Advanced Nutrients product, Piranha. Indeed, one field test showed that growth and root mass increased 25% more when Piranha and Tarantula were used together, compared to when Piranha was used by itself.

Another benefit of Tarantula is that it fosters microbial action that releases "cytokinins" that aid in producing more extensive lateral branching, more budding sites, and buds with greater grith and weight.

The positive effects of Dr. Hornby's Tarantula and beneficial microogranisms cannot be overstated. The product creates a healthy root zone that gives plants greater ability to uptake nutrients and to be strong and stress-resistant, all the way down to the cellular level.

If you want to restore a natural balance to your garden that will increase yield, vigor, and flavor, use Dr. Hornby's Tarantula, backed by the Advanced Nutrients performance guarantee.

Here is info on Piranha.

Piranha

Advanced Nutrients uses the best of nature and science. We work with eminent plant scientist Dr. Paul Hornby, whose dedication to plant health is unequalled.

Dr. Hornby spent years creating his series of powerful products that harness nature and science for your benefit. One of these products is Piranha Beneficial Fungi, which assists plants by improving their root zone. Piranha is also very useful as a foliar spray.

Piranha contains 26 types of beneficial fungi, including eight species of trichoderma and 18 species of ectomycorrhizal and endomycorrizhal fungi. Drawing on thousands of studies that detail the importance of mycorrhizal fungi, Dr. Hornby's further research found that such fungi exrete powerful chemicals that dissolve nutrients, absorb water, and promote soil porousity. Such actions greatly assist the development of root mass, nutrient absorption, and water absorption, via the symbiotic relationship between the plant, its roots, and the fungi.

In nature, the beneficial fungi found in Piranha contribute to healthy soil and plants that are able to resist drought, stress, and other problems that deter plant growth. Dr. Hornby's studies and field tests prove Piranha helps plants establish fruits and flowers faster, in greater abundance, and with increased yield, especially used in conjunction with Dr. Hornby's Voodoo Juice, which contains specialized beneficial bacteria, Piranha gives your plants a natural advantage not often found in modern growing situations, especially when growers are working indoors.

Try Piranha today. Your plants will thank you!

Peace

Torog
11-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi torog
I don't mean to butt in , hydro grown with organic ferts and flushed properly before harvesting have no chemical taste in them at all. hydro will produce bigger buds faster. all you'll have to move. after it is set up, is quarts of ferts and a hose. great for bad backs and the disabled. it is possible to get 4-6 harvests a year with hydro. If your growing by dirt , the change over is minimal. alot of people here to help out , anything i can do , just ask torog.
peace
heart
Howdy HSS,

Thanx for your gracious reply,I will appreciate your help and you can jump in anytime and holler at me. I added the link you provided and quickly found a local store in my area to go shopping at,it's easy to find and near a mall that I'm familiar with..so I reckon I could make a day of it !

Have a good one...Torog :D

Torog
11-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Howdy Student,

You stated:"Torog - If you are interested, you should put together a bubbler system and we could do a tandum grow. We will learn together, and hopefully harvest some beautiful buds."

Sounds like a plan ! But my budget is so tight,that I won't be able to git started till January,so you'll probably be ahead of me..that's okay-because I reckon that I'll be learning alot more from you..than you will be from me ! lol

I read the info you posted about the Pirahana formulation that you posted,and I see that it contains the mycorrizahl fungi,that is something I find very interesting and was wondering..does it work in a hydro situation..or does it need some type of soil structure to survive ?

Have a good one...Torog

heartsurgerysurviver
11-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi torog
glad i could help you out. pretty cool there's a place near you. Most of what you need for a hydro set up can be bought at wally world and home depot [ containers,trays. air pumps, water pumps], but it's fun to look at all the new hydro set ups even if they are expensive. LOL best to you and yours
peace
heart

The Student
11-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Hello,

Torog - I won't be starting for some time either. It will be around the middle of December when my grow space is open enough for me to get the hydro set up. I have very limited space. So at that point I will just wait out the couple of weeks and start around the same time as you. No questions asked...we will kick ass!

Hey I do want to say that I have:

-five heavy duty 5.5" net pots
-five 5" net pot covers
-nine 1.5" x 2" x 2" rockwool cubes
-enough hydroton to fill the pots
-a used (but still good) liquid pH testing kit

That I could send your way if you would like. I don't mind helping out when I can. Just let me know. I am a regular donator (time, equipment, emotional) to a medical marijuana organization in the state that I live in. I know that you are not a licensed user (read it somewhere here on the forums), but that you do have chronic back problems.

Anyway just let me know if you are interested.

HSS is right on when he said that you can basicly get everything you need at Walmart and/or Home Depot.

If you are interested in the bubbler style (DWC - Deep Water Culture) the only other items you would need is a rubbermaid container, an air pump or two, tubing, and bubble wands. This is assuming that you have nutrients already.

Talk to you later.

Peace

Torog
11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Howdy Student,

That's a mighty gracious offer-thanx !

I have such a tight budget that saving money where I can,always helps. I mentored a young feller in indoor growing and gave him alot of my equipment because I couldn't grow at the time and wanted him to succeed. So,I have to start from scratch again and need to buy alot of things to git started. I'd be glad to pay the shipping charges..but like I said,I'll have to wait till January before I can afford it.

Torog
11-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi torog
glad i could help you out. pretty cool there's a place near you. Most of what you need for a hydro set up can be bought at wally world and home depot [ containers,trays. air pumps, water pumps], but it's fun to look at all the new hydro set ups even if they are expensive. LOL best to you and yours
peace
heart
Howdy Heart,

Thanx for your help:)...there's a home depot between here and there,as well. Maybe 'll git lucky and win the lottery..lol..then I can really go shopping !

Torog
11-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Woah..I just realized Heart,that I posted my reply to ya,the previous one-at exactly 4:20 ...is that a sign of good fortune and luck ? :eek:

The Student
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Torog,

No worries, that will give me time to become a Cafe Member, so we can PM one another. I hate not being able to PM, or even e-mail, this is the only site I have ever been apart of that was like this. (Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off of my chest).

Talk to you later.

Peace

Torog
11-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Torog,

No worries, that will give me time to become a Cafe Member, so we can PM one another. I hate not being able to PM, or even e-mail, this is the only site I have ever been apart of that was like this. (Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off of my chest).

Talk to you later.

Peace
Howdy Student,

I look forward to you becoming a Cafe member as well,in the meantime..I reckon I ought to go and register at there forum ya got linked.

The Student
11-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Howdy Student,

I look forward to you becoming a Cafe member as well,in the meantime..I reckon I ought to go and register at there forum ya got linked.

Hello,

Yes please do. It has ony been up for a week so there isn't much activity going on yet. This gives everyone the chance to start from the ground up. Just PM me when you do join. I have the same screen name.

Peace

bruiser
11-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Student! how about a few pics of all the key parts of your setup in order or a overview look at the setup itself! would help me out alot,for example show in pics what kind of power is coming from your pump? does it provide lots of bubbles you know stuff like that,I want nitty details,everything so far just look's great...Thanks for your time...hook me up!

The Student
11-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Hello,

bruiser - I will be purchasing the bubble wands and such tomorrow, I will set everything up and take some shots for you.

I will show grow space, ventilation, lighting, bubbler in action, etc.

Talk to you later.

Peace

The Student
11-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Hello,

notanovice - I have been researching the Advanced Nutrients line up and must say, that I think they will be more beneficial to me and my set up then GH nutes.

Advanced really seems to have everything worked out. I am saving up so that I can follow the 2+ program as outlined using this Nutrient Calculator (http://www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc.php).

It is going to be a bit expensive, but I figure that I will save up, try it out, and learn from there what products I want to keep using and which I will get rid of.

Talk to you later.

Peace

The Student
11-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Hello,

Well I did not get the bubble wands and such today like I was going to. So no pics of that.

Instead, I have pics of what I did get today! The TW...thats right....TrainWreck.

I am as excited as a little kid at Christmas.

Here are a some shots of the clones. They are small for now, but look nice and healthy.

Peace

Torog
11-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Hello,

Well I did not get the bubble wands and such today like I was going to. So no pics of that.

Instead, I have pics of what I did get today! The TW...thats right....TrainWreck.

I am as excited as a little kid at Christmas.

Here are a some shots of the clones. They are small for now, but look nice and healthy.

Peace
Howdy Student,

They do look good,yeeehhhaaawww !

Do you know what kind of genetics they come from,ie, ?x? .. ?

The Student
11-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Hello,

I have an idea, and I welcome everyone who is interested to join in. Lets create a group bubbler grow. Any bubbler is welcome; new, old, big, small, store bought, home made, come one, come all.

I know that Torog and I are going to be starting in the Begining of January. I would like to invite as many others as are interested to start along with us. We will all feed off of one another, spreading positive vibes.

Just throw up a post if you are interested say that you want to join in. At this point there is still plenty of time to save up some cash to purchase all of the items needed (which aren't many).

We can do it! :D

Peace

Skateboardingpunk420
11-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Oh how I wish
I plan to get some Hydrofarm bubblers from insidesun.com, but I have to finish my first grow right now..
But Im sure by the time I get started, you should be through and on your second go.

Hope to hear from you with the results.

bruiser
11-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Count me in student!,I have about 6 mature plants right now in soil,also 4 plants waiting to be sexed! also in soil,plus I took 30 cuttings over the last month or so from the 6 mature ones! wow lol.....also 5 blueberry 6 ultra black cambodian,and 7 bag seed all 1 week old from seed!,so as you can see I like growing pot,but never tryed the bubbler! or hydroponics period,it seems easy enough! and if I join this bubbler group lol I am sure you guy's will help me out,count me in,but of course it's going to take another week or so before I get all the parts for the bubbler's....anyhow im in!

The Student
11-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Hello,

Bruiser - Glad to have you aboard! We will all learn from one another.

It certainly sounds like you have a hand full. I can only imagine how cramped up your hands must get come trimming time. LOL. Thats alot of plants.

I'm sure you are, but I just want to say, please be carefull. I don't know where you live, but it would be a bad deal if I were to get cought with that many plants, in the country I live in.

Anyway, its good to have another member of the "Bubbler Squad" (or Soon-To-Be-Bubbler-Squad).

Talk to you later.

Peace

bruiser
12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
I live in Canada! I would probably get a slap on the wrist and a couple of months probation maybe not, perhaps just a 500 dollar fine,in some cases the courts have even returned the growing property back to the owner,it's not legal by any means,but you have to be a big grower before really get the boots laid to you!.......but thanks for the warning after all it's still ilegal here besides maybe it may just be my luck that the authoritys use me for the example and lay it on me heavy......

BudBabe
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Hey....I wandered upon this thread and would love to take a part of it as well.....I have only grown with soil and really want to try a hydro grow. These bubblers sound fun to make so count me in!
But I have a question:
Can u start a hydro grow with seeds or only clones? :confused:
I would imagine if u germinated the seeds in rockwool it would be ok...but I'd like to know for sure. Give me u're thoughts.....thx in advance.

BudBabe

jimmy5150guitars
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
hey guys i am just fixing to harvest my first hydro grow bubbler style skunk plant
infact its my first grow in 20 years. i couldnt have done it without this website
i plan to try and regenerate my plant and have another go at it until i can get the balls to order some seeds i will be watching this thread to learn from you guys and if there is anything i can help you guys with let me know.

good luck everyone

jimmy5150guitars
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
there is one thing i thought might help i have a 3 gallon resv.
i added a couple of big air pumps 20-60 gallon . and the plant seemed to kick into turbo
it was doing fine without them but when i added x tra pmps it really took off
so i think that the more oxy you givem the better they do.
just a thought

good luck

The Student
12-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Hello,

Bud Babe - You can do exactly as you have stated and start them in the rockwool. Thanks for joining up. Please tell a hydro friend:).

jimmy5150guitars - You are correct. The more oxygen in your nutrient solution the better. Please feel free to throw together another bubbler or whatnot and join in the fun. Jimmy, hit me up at this forum (http://www.advancednutrients.com/forums/index.php?s=), PM me. I have the same screen name, The Student. I will be more than willing to send you over some quality genetics. I have a few nice strains that I can make a "grab bag" out of for you.

Take care everyone.

Happy Holidays

Peace

The Student
12-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Hello,

Torog - My friend, the time is drawing near. Please PM me over at this site (http://www.advancednutrients.com/forums/index.php?s=) so that I can get an address to ship you your items. I will send you some nice seeds also if you would like.

Talk to you later.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Peace

Torog
12-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Howdy Student,

I went to the site and registered,I tried to pm ya,but my account is still too fresh I reckon. Let me know if I should go and post to ya in a forum there.

The Student
12-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Hello,

Torog - Try to PM me again. Perhaps the mods overthere had not completely approved your membership yet. They should have it done by now. They are usually pretty fast about that sort of thing.

I am getting excited. The time is drawing near.

Happy Holidays to all.

Peace

willybblue
12-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey guys...Sorry to butt in here, but this sounds like fun!

I have just started growing (about 2 months ago) and ended up just hacking 3 males (Jack Herer) (good practice though!). I would love to join in on this thread...sounds like fun...It's been nice going through raising these males and putting them into flower...very good practice and good cannabutter if nothing else...I hated hacking them but oh well...

I now have one other baby (NL #5xBlueberry) about 3 weeks in veg and she is a girl for sure...white pistils everywhere...Just cloned her today actually...anyway, I was happy to see the pistils after hacking down those males..anyhoo...I also have 3 seedlings that just sprouted and are under the flos (Jack Herer variety)...I will try to get some pics up, if I can figure out how... but I like the idea of having anyone join in on this thread!!

Further specs are:
5 gallon Home Depot buckets wrapped in reflectix tape nad insulation with 5" net pots...
Using GH Flora Series nutes
250W MH in the veg room
250W HPS in the flower room

That's it for now....

Happy growing and thanks for letting me ramble...!

jimmy5150guitars
12-09-2004, 03:36 AM
student i am intrestead in receiving some of your magic beans i registerd at that site but i havent been able to pm you hope to hear from you

merry xmass

The Student
12-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Hello,

I will be more than willing to send you some when they are ready. I am not sure why the mods over there are taking so long, when I joined, las month, they had my privlages up almost instantly.

I also post at this site under the same name, you can contact me there.

www.cannabis.us.com

I just ran across it a while back. It has a good amount of "regulars" that hang out overthere, they seem to be good people.

You can PM me overthere, if you would like.

The seeds will not be ready for a a few weeks (harvest), and then they will still need an additional month to properly dry before they are planted.

Hope to here from you soon.

Peace

Torog
12-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Howdy willyblue,

Howdy and welcome aboard ! The more folks,the merrier ! I'm certain that we can all learn some new things from each other.

It sounds like you are using the bubbler method for your plants..is that right ? Is each bucket independent of the others ? Or do ya have a common resevoir for all the plants ? Also,you say that ya got some Herer plants ,aren't they almost pure sativa ?

Torog
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Hello,

Torog - Try to PM me again. Perhaps the mods overthere had not completely approved your membership yet. They should have it done by now. They are usually pretty fast about that sort of thing.

I am getting excited. The time is drawing near.

Happy Holidays to all.

Peace
Howdy Student,

I'll try and pm ya this mornin..I believe that I should be able to now.

10-4 on gittin excited..lol..is it possible to git Spring fever..in the winter ? lol

Have a good one...Torog

Torog
12-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Howdy Student,

I just tried bringing up the forum,and it ain't connecting..I'll try again later..maybe they're just down for maintanance.

Have a good one...Torog

willybblue
12-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Howdy willyblue,

Howdy and welcome aboard ! The more folks,the merrier ! I'm certain that we can all learn some new things from each other.

It sounds like you are using the bubbler method for your plants..is that right ? Is each bucket independent of the others ? Or do ya have a common resevoir for all the plants ? Also,you say that ya got some Herer plants ,aren't they almost pure sativa ?

Hey Torog...I am excited to join in and learn some things too!!

Anyway, I am running 5 gallon bubbler buckets as you had said. The three Jack that we hacked were all independent of one another... (my sink is far away anyway, so I am going to lug water no matter what :p ) I wish we could figure out a cool rezzysystem, but seems SO complicated and all...

About the Herer...It is a called Willy Jack from Emery. I believe it is Williams Wonder crossed with Jack Herer. (hence my name...we are growing Big Blue which is NL 5 x Blueberry and this Willy Jack too...) It definitely has more sativa then the Big Blue (Big Blue is mostly indica and ends up about 2-3 feet and Willy is supposed to end up about 3-4 feet.) You can really tell too...Big Blue is really stocky and short...Willy is much stretchier... When we chopped the three WJ's, they were about 1 1/2 feet and 7 days into flower...all males!! :mad: So, we are off again. I will have to read back again on this post and see what you got going (or will have going).

Anyway, I am gonna try and get some pics up here soon...

Adios!

lordsoth666
12-12-2004, 06:45 AM
I am a first timer with hydro, but so far it is doing great. The growth is mind-boggling next to soil, I am useing the BC nutes: BC Boost, BC Grow, BC Bloom, Thrive-Alive B-1 Red, EA/EN Mycorrhizae for hydroponics, and Thrive-Alive B-1 Green(foliar spray). I am useing rubbermaid containers 10 gal. with 3-4.5" pots in each and a dual outlet air pump.

Now, I had a thought, and acted on it... The thought was that if a propagation mat makes roots grow faster, then a heated bubbler should do the same, it turns out that I was correct in thinking this: I placed an aquarium heater into one of the bubblers, and the 3 plants in the heated bubbler have roots that are 4" longer than their not heated counterparts, I am maintaining a temp of 26.3 celsius, and the leaf growth is better on the heated side as well. The heater was at walmart for like $13.44 for 5-15 gal.

BTW, all plants are from seed, Skunk #1, from the same plant, so genetics are very similar.
I will post some pics soon. :p

lordsoth666
12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I did some reading and dropped the temp to 23 celsius for better dissolved oxygen, and root growth. thanks overgrow.com!

willybblue
12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
I did some reading and dropped the temp to 23 celsius for better dissolved oxygen, and root growth. thanks overgrow.com!

Hey lordsoth...cool that you are joinin'...wonder where Torog's been...anyway, I usually run my temps about 72-75 F (22-24 C I think :rolleyes: )in my bucket too so I think you were good on lowering em a bit...I try to make sure they never get below 70. It's a wonder what some research can do!! I love these boards!! Anyway, get some pics up soon if you can, in the meantime I am gonna do the same!!

Are you running one dual outlet pump in the 10 gal, or do you have two?? Just curious...what kind of stones are you using?? Round?? I am using 5 gallon Home Depot buckets and they are wrapped in water heater insulation (which is silver and reflective) and I manage to keep them (on the cold floor) in the low 70's by doing this...that insulation rocks!!! Anyway, good luck and hope to hear from ya soon!!

PEACE!

Torog
12-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Howdy !

Here I be ! ...lol

I'm looking forward to both you and LS666,posting pics,I'm very interested in your 5 gallon set-up and LS666's 10 gallon set-up. I would be happy to just grow a few,good yielding plants,my space and budget is limited..I'm not sure if I can do the 50 gallon set-up that Student has in mind,unless I do it at a friend's house.

Anyhow....Have a good one...Torog :D

lordsoth666
12-14-2004, 04:45 AM
I use one dual outlet pump per 10 gal container, 2 air stones per container.
As you can see I was baked when I germinated the seeds 'cause I planted two seeds in the same rockwool cube (pic 4) :( what should I do about that? :confused: and in pic 5 I seem to be having some trouble with the leaves, any suggestions are appreciated. and way all plants are 11 days old.

also I have a clone rooting now to fill the empty pot.

Torog
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
I use one dual outlet pump per 10 gal container, 2 air stones per container.
As you can see I was baked when I germinated the seeds 'cause I planted two seeds in the same rockwool cube (pic 4) :( what should I do about that? :confused: and in pic 5 I seem to be having some trouble with the leaves, any suggestions are appreciated. and way all plants are 11 days old.

also I have a clone rooting now to fill the empty pot.
Howdy LS666,

Well..thanx for the pics-it helps to better understand how the set-up functions. I don't know much about hydro,so I'm not sure what's causing your plant problems..I just know that you need to figure it out-before it starts happening to the rest of your plants,hopefully,someone with better knowledge than I,will let us both know what's going on.

I ain't never used any rockwool cubes..so I don't know if it's possible to seperate the two plants that you got growing in the same cube.

Wish that I could of helped ya more.

Have a good one...Torog

willybblue
12-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey there LS....What are your PPM levels?? I am by no means a pro but it looks kinda like an overfert prob on pic 5. Also, about planting the two plants in the one rockwool cube...I would try (somehow) to seperate them...rockwool is nice cause you can split it apart easily. I have pulled it apart to see if my clones were rooting....anyway, can you try to pull them apart and hope to save one of the two??? obviously both if you can help it...You are sure to encounter some problems (massive roots and the like) if you don't axe at least one try and pull the roots apart and replant the other guy...I have planted straight into grow rocks (took a rooted clone and pulled the rockwool away, and then put in a net pot with rocks around the roots ( have to have a stealth hand, but it will work!!). Anyway, thanks for posting pics...I am going to get mine up this week for sure....

Let me know your PPM....

WBB

willybblue
12-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Here is a pic of my setup...to high of resolution on the others I took, so this will have to do for now....A little higher up in the pic there is a shelf with a humidity dome and a flouro tube where I have 6 clones from the big plant (NL 5x Blueberry). In the 5 gal I have one dual outlet pump with a three prong valve connecting to an airstone, and in the 10 gal rubbermaid with the three Willy Jack seedlings I have another dual outlet with two airstones. Does that make sense?? Anyway, 5 gal is going into flower on Friday. She has alternating nodes and is mostly indica. Very bushy...we are also LST-ing her as I have found this a better method than topping, FIMming etc...So, there it is...I will try and get some more pics up soon too!

lordsoth666
12-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I do not own a tool for measuring the PPM, but I am getting one SOON. I do think it is an overfert problem, I need to dilute it to 1/4 strenght

lordsoth666
12-17-2004, 08:36 PM
it was a case of nutrient burn :( but I cut the solution in half 2 days ago (full was 700 ppm) so I figure I have about 300-350ppm, the girls look much better already. I also added some epsom salts, 3/4 tsp per gallon, thanks for the advice. :D

btw... there is no way to safely separate those two plants :( could I grow them together, or cut one off???

lordsoth666
12-17-2004, 08:40 PM
willybblue, is that a Compact Floro hydrofarm light?

willybblue
12-17-2004, 11:51 PM
willybblue, is that a Compact Floro hydrofarm light?

Hey again LS....about your two plants growing in one pot...I would try and just cut one off and hope the roots don't kill the other roots...I don't know what else you should do...I would try my hardest not to have both growing in the same pot...I can see that being a big problem later on when the roots are growing vigorously....

About the light...it is a Hydrofarm, but not a compact flouro...it's a 250 MH and in my flower room there is a 250 HF HPS... The 250 works the best for the size grow we have going...

Anyway, glad to hear things are going a bit better for you...Hey, I have a question now...How long should I let her recover before putting into flower after taking two clones today?? A couple of my clones didn't do so hot, so I wanted to take a few more...What do you think???

WBB....

lordsoth666
12-18-2004, 06:55 AM
I would wait for 7-10 days before flowering that plant, that seems to be enough. But that is with soil in my experience, and they say hydro is faster for grow time, so I think a week is good.

I have finally had sucess with clones myself :) and I think that I want to make some Feminized seeds with one of them, it is a very robust plant, and some great smoke too ;) I think it's skunk#1 and blueberry, but not positive. but that is a whole other story...

willybblue
12-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I would wait for 7-10 days before flowering that plant, that seems to be enough. But that is with soil in my experience, and they say hydro is faster for grow time, so I think a week is good.

I have finally had sucess with clones myself :) and I think that I want to make some Feminized seeds with one of them, it is a very robust plant, and some great smoke too ;) I think it's skunk#1 and blueberry, but not positive. but that is a whole other story...

Thanks LS....I had success rooting the three males Willy Jack's that we hacked....all my clones had roots coming out of the rockwool and I was about ready to put them in the bubbler and then we had 3 males!!! So, alll those clones went buh bye!! Anyway, this Big Blue I have never cloned before, so I want to be sure I have plenty of em' just in case....I am not one to try re-vegging clones after the momma has been flowering ya know?

I think I will wait about a week, change her nutes over today and go from there....Thanks for yer help!! I hope TheStudent isn't ticked we are hijacking....

WBB

The Student
12-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Hello,

You guys are not hijacking at all. I am following right along learning as we go!

This is exactly what I am hoping for in this thread, community enolvement.

As a little update on my end:

- Nutrients are ordered and will be here soon (Advanced Nutrients)
- Bubbler is complete
- AK-47 clones should be putting out roots any day now (will make the debut run)
- Ready to Rock!

My trainwreck clones are starting to really take off. They will be the second run in the bubbler.

I also have germed three of Resevoir Seeds - Williams Firecracker (Williams Wonder x Soma's NYCD), which have all poped above ground and will be the subjects of the third run.

So much to do and all the time in the world! :)

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Peace

jimmy5150guitars
12-26-2004, 06:41 AM
hey student: just wanted to say i started a new grow , i germed my seeds on the 17 and they were put in rock wool within 24hrs the seeds took about 18-24 hrs to germ
using 2 drops of superthrive in the water i wetted my paper towel with. i had about 98% rate of sucess. i wanted to let you guys know i am trying out an idea i had the rock wool i put the germed seeds in i made about a 1 inch by 1/2 inch thick square and put root the sticking out the bottom of the rock wool. i then held the rock wool over shot glasses with tooth picks and just enough water in the glasses to barley wet the new root, it only took 24 hours and i had 2inch roots i then took the seedlings at 3 days old and made some mini bubler set ups with butter bowls, and i made small net pots out of tiny cups and placed the rock wool supported by very few grow rocks, so that the root would be in the water, and added 1 ml of grow to the water and oxygen and the plants really took off at exactly 9 days old they are working on their 3rd set of leaves getting the roots in the bubbler as early as possible seemed to speed up the growth rate tremendously sorry to ramble on but i just thought you guys would like to hear about my experiment good luck guys

The Student
12-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Hello,

jimmy5150guitars - Awesome, sounds like you may have a bit of a new method on your hands. I am glad to hear.

My nutrients have arrived, I have placed three of my rooted clones into soil for moms and gifts to a couple friends.

I have three rooted clones left that will go into the bubbler either next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nothing like entering a new year with a new journey. I hope all goes well, I am a bit nervous. I do not want to mess up my first time out. At least not too bad. LOL.

So here we all go....Starting the first of the year....The One....The Only (so far)....Great Bubbler Run!

Ladies and Gentlemen...Start Your Bubblers! :)

I'm a dork. LOL

I hope everyone had a warm, safe, holiday.

Peace

Torog
12-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Howdy Student,

I was just wondering-did ya git the latest pm I sent ya ?

Give me a holler...

The Student
12-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Howdy Student,

I was just wondering-did ya git the latest pm I sent ya ?

Give me a holler...

Hello,

Torog - Oops, I thought I had replied, I just PMed you.

Take care everyone.

Happy New Year

Peace

lordsoth666
12-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Hi everybody, I thought I would post some pics to keep you all up to date. These pics were taken 12/23, and the plants are now 3 weeks old. Except for the smaller one, she is a clone 2 weeks old. All SK1, clone is SK1/BB

llamaman666
12-28-2004, 10:55 PM
welcome to the trainwreck club student! I have a mother in soil and several rooted clones that are starting, hope all is well

SomeGuy
12-29-2004, 03:57 AM
*sniff* *sniff*
Beatiful

lordsoth666
12-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Here's what my roots look like. :) ( I think there's some algae)

the second picture is one of my Skunk #1 / Blueberry clones 1 week past rooting.

The third is a SK1/BB plant flowering (4 weeks) in soil :( it survived powdery mildew :)

llamaman666
12-29-2004, 08:05 AM
the middle pic loocks perfect lordsoth! what can you do about algae? And how could it grow w. out light?

lordsoth666
12-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I cannot tell a lie... I have not light proofed my bubblers yet. I know, I know shame on me. It is on tomorrow's list of things to do, along with a change of water/nutes.

That middle pic is a clone from a very strong mother.

jimmy5150guitars
12-30-2004, 07:39 AM
hey dude i put about 4 -6 tea spoons of hydrogen peroxide in a 3 gal bubbler and run for about an hour then i actually spray the roots with the hydrogen peroxide/water solution while they r hanging and let them sit then pour a half of gallon of water with 2 teaspoons per gal.through your each pot and let them rinse this works verry well for me all though my bubbler dosent create that much algee i change my resv. weekly and i put 4 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide an hour or so before i change my water do it wekly as a prevenative measure and you wont have a problem. you will have no more algea

good luck

The Student
01-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Hello,

Isn't it strange how things can seem to go crazy in the blink of an eye? I mean one minute you are sitting at your computer dreaming about how nice your soon to be bubbler run will be and the next, well....

...The phone rings and you pick it up..."Hello". It is a good friend of yours who happens to have a habbit of listening to the police scanner....

...and the first thing they say on the phone is "get rid of your shit"..."Your name is on the scanner"...

WHAT do you do at that point? The Super secret hiding place you have is already full of curing bud and seeds (Lowryder), so you have no room for your clones...what is left for you to do... your friend is still panicing in your ear..."They are giving an ETA of 10 mins. they are in route"...

So I did the only thing that I could think of doing...(It still hurts to think about)...picked up my prunning clippers...and took out both of my trainwrecks...all six ak-47 clones...and the seedling Firecrackers...quickly cut them into small pieces and threw them into the wood stove....then started to "clean" the area....

About five minutes later two officers knocked on my door. I took a breath and opened the door...at this point I have prepared myself (as best I could) for the worst...they then asked me "have you seen this person" while handing me a picture. It is a photo of one of my younger cousins...I say "no sir, not recently"...they then go on to tell me that he is wanted for a small list of offenses...and that they are going around to all his family to ask if he has been seen and to urge us (the family) to talk him into turning himself in....with that said they bid me goodnight and left.

At that point I call back my friend to let them know that all is well, and that I paniced and chopped down all my babies...he immediately told me it is better to chop your ladies and keep your freedom then the other way around...I have to agree with him there.

So my bubbler run is going to be just a bit behind schedule. One thing is amazing though, I had not had time really to get rid of all of the rockwool cubes so they were just put in a rubbermaid and left. I went to clean it out and found one of the cut clones (clones were only about 4-5 inches tall), is growing back. It has one little set of leaves at the base of the stem, right below the cut. I will be keeping this baby around I've named her "Miracle". LOL.

I have also been promised a couple trainwreck clones again, so all is not lost, just delayed.

I am now looking at the third or fourth week of this month for a start date.

I hope everyone else in the club is doing well. Lets get this baby going.

Peace

lordsoth666
01-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Wow man, that sucks

The Student
01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Hello,

I have a small update.

"Miracle" the plant is looking good, and I will be making the two hour journey to pick up the Trainwreck clones sometime in the next week.

I get a little bummed out every time I look over at my cabinet.

How are some updates on everyone elses grows. I need to see some plants growing or I will start freeking out. I am going through withdrawls! LOL!

Peace

lordsoth666
01-06-2005, 06:38 AM
But my plants are kicking some serious a$$. Now they are about 1 month Skunk #1 from seed, and about 9"-10" tall and the rooting is unbelievable. I have high hopes for this crop. ;) I think I might be in the lead of the first great bubbler run, please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. the one in the bucket is a clone almost 3 weeks past rooting BlueberryxSkunk1.

L0rdsOth

The Student
01-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Hello,

Lordsoth666 - Your babies are looking super nice! Congrats on the crop.

I think that you are blazing the trail for all of us.

Keep up the awesome work.

Peace

llamaman666
01-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Are the skunk 1s indica phenoS? lordsoth. I grew some of thew outdoor and they looked more sativash, so I am wondering

willybblue
01-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey there...sorry I have been gone so long!! Holidays...ahhhh...anyway, here are some updated pics...I think you will have to go back a page or two to see the original plants. A lot has changed since then!! WOW!!

So, we put the one female Big Blue into flower 2 weeks ago this coming Sunday. She is definitely stretching and a lot for an indica...The three Willy Jack seedlings are in the second picture...they are just sprouting their 7th node and hopefully will show sex soon!! We got 10 seeds of WJ and have grown 3 and put into flower and they were males... We hacked those as the three in the pic were germing. I think they had pre-flowers too, but it was our very first time, so we let them go until we were sure. I am hoping one of these three will be a girl.

Anyway, the third pic is one with some clones from the Big Blue...some are sad lookin' but have roots so thats all I care about!! The 4th pic is the setup in the veg room....The 5th pic is a bubbler cloner that I am experimenting with...Seems to be going alright...clones have been in there about a week. We shall see what happens!!

Anyway, that's about it for now....If you are bored, check out the pics earlier in this post (I don't have them anymore :( ) It's crazy how these plants can go crazy in just a few weeks!!! :D

willybblue
01-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Here's 2 more of the lady in the flower room and one up close of the WJ's...

and LS....your babies look SOOOOO great!!!

lordsoth666
01-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Willybblue - Nice looking plants, hope the are all female.

llamaman666 - The skunk seeds were given to me by a friend, I'm not too positive that is what they are, but I do know that they are quality seeds from a quality strain that I have smoked before and he tells me that they are skunk #1... So what I am saying is that I did not get them from a seed bank or anything, so I cannot be sure of the genetics. I am far too paranoid to order seeds. :eek:

P.S. I just got my 400w HPS, I'm sooooo excited! :D

Torog
01-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Howdy Student,

Daggum,I just read your sad story-it just plain sucks..but the important thing-is that you're okay..we are all grateful for that.

I'm running behind still,it will be next month before I can even think of gittin started,and if I don't git started before March,I'll be growing them beans outdoors at a friend's place,if I have to..dang it.

I once had to cut down some darlins,just 3 weeks from finish-let me tell ya..it was painful,but it was a better alternative than gittin caught with em.

Have a good one...Torog

jimmy5150guitars
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
hey guys just wanted to let you know where i am at in my grow, i have 6 plants going now about a week and a half old they are really doing well i started them on 1/4 nutes the other day and them babbies have been standing tall every since. i think getting the roots in my mini bubbler at 3 days old really helped. i will post some pics soon good luck

jimmy5150guitars
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
hey my order from seeds direct arrived so i will be germinating a few more seeds some K2 and Bubbalicous. sorry about double possting just thought you guys would like to hear another seeds direct order made it to the states safely they also sent me a free pack of Kush x citral seeds.

willybblue
01-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Jimmy-

That's cool...I have never ordered from Seeds Direct before, but might give em a try...let us know how things proceed...

Also, an update...My willy jacks are on their 7th node and all are showing male preflowers...damn....so, we will continue flowering the big blue and grow those clones and kinda get a sog grow going too... I am also thinking about making one of the big blue clones a mother for trimmings and perpetual grow...

Anyway, have a nice weekend...

PEACE

lordsoth666
01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Just thought I would post some new pics, I've had some explosive growth in the last few days, I'm gonna flower them in a week or so I think, they are already 12" (30cm) tall, and as you can see they have filled out nicely, also I topped them.

Tell me what you think..

L0rdsOth :D

lordsoth666
01-09-2005, 06:19 AM
:cool:

llamaman666
01-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I think there is a defficiency of some type in the plant, from what I see there is discolloring that looks the a potassium or Nitrigion deficit, try adding some of those chemicals to your nute sollution.

willybblue
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
LS-

I would agree with llamaman, but didn't you have an overfert prob in the beginning? Maybe they are just still recovering from that...otherwise, I think they look really good!!! Thanks for sharing...

PEACE

lordsoth666
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I did have some nute burn in my plants a couple of weeks ago, but it's all good now. The color is a bit distorted due to lighting I use a combination of floro and Mercury Vapor, the Mercury light is VERY heavy in the blue spectrum and has a poor CRI, and contrary to all I have read, I get amazing results using it... For example, in the 24 hours before I took those pictures the plants were topped and then grew 2 inches. I started using the MV when My MH ballast got fried, like 2 months ago, and for the $$$ MV is great. I am NOT saying that it is better that a MH or HPS, but it is a more viable light source than most growers would have you believe. And it makes my pics look ultra GREEN.

PS should I cut off all the burnt leaves?

L0rdsOth

llamaman666
01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
wow, i had no clue a mv would work at all! I thought it was heavy green, is it enhaced at all? and dont cut the leaves

lordsoth666
01-10-2005, 08:53 AM
The bulb I use for veg is not color corrected, but the one I have for flowering is.

The clear bulb is heavy in Blue, 5900K

The corrected bulb is more Red, 3900K

In my flowering room I have 2 lights under one large reflector 400W HPS and 175W MV. Also from what I've read Mercury Vapor bulbs are an excellent source of UV-B Radiation (http://www.hempfood.com/IHA/iha01201.html) that is involved in tricome development, and THC production.

Interesting eh?

I bought the MV lamp (175W) and ballast from Walmart for $25.44 it is easy to wire up, if you are interested let me know, I will post some pics or something. However, I recommend the color corrected bulb ($12.00 ish at home depot) for the flowering room, the spectrum is better suited, closer to red...

The plant in this pic is about 3 1/2 weeks in flowering at time of pic, 10x magnification

ps the sun also makes UV-B, maybe that's why outdoor grown weed is stronger??

lordsoth666
01-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Well the girls(I hope) are big enough, I put them into the flowering room and changed the nutes to flowering formula. All three are 13"-15" tall, and I topped them 4 days ago, I only have 1 pic today :( but more will follow, as soon as there is something to see...

L0rdsOth

The Student
01-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Hello,

lordsoth666 - That baby is looking awesome.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for a female.

Here's to knowing that harvest is one step closer.

Peace

notanovice
01-15-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry about your loss, i just read your sad post. I think you did the right thing.
better safe than sorry, and you should be proud to have a friend helping watch your back with that scanner. again i sympathise about the loss.

i have been sitting here reading all these threads, and looking at the pics, y`all are doing such a fine job. all that i`ve seen looks so good, and i would be proud to have any of these as my own, again props goes out to all involved.
also, any one involved with THE GREAT BUBBLER RUN of 2005, i would be more than happy to help out in any way i can. feel free to get ahold of this old hippie, and i`ll give it my best shot.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED
GOOD GROWING
EXCELLENT JOB GUYS and or GALS

jimmy5150guitars
01-20-2005, 07:55 AM
hey guys i took these seeds out of my pocket exactly 3 weeks ago they were of some skunk weed from a friends garden. i dont know if you guys can tell but a few of these plants have wide leaves and are a little stubbier than the others in my last grow the plants that showed these chacteristics were females. we shall see if thats how it goes again anyways the great bubbler run of 2005 lives on good luck all.

notanovice
01-20-2005, 11:36 AM
hey guys i took these seeds out of my pocket exactly 3 weeks ago they were of some skunk weed from a friends garden. i dont know if you guys can tell but a few of these plants have wide leaves and are a little stubbier than the others in my last grow the plants that showed these chacteristics were females. we shall see if thats how it goes again anyways the great bubbler run of 2005 lives on good luck all.

those look very healthy
those decorative buckets look cool
good luck :D

Torog
01-20-2005, 01:38 PM
those look very healthy
those decorative buckets look cool
good luck :D
Howdy notanovice,

Jimmy is doing a good job and is very resourceful too..is creating a dwc bubbler,as simple as gittin an aquarium pump and dropping an air-stone into the container ? Here I am,thinking that it's much more complicated-when it appears that it's not. For some reason..I was thinking that one had to git a water pump as well..and move the water around between the containers and a reserve tank.

Duh ! What was I thinking ? lol

lordsoth666
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Torog, here is my pic to explain how these bubblers work, it is as simple as possible, and cheap too.

Torog
01-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey Torog, here is my pic to explain how these bubblers work, it is as simple as possible, and cheap too.

Howdy lordsoth,

Thanx for the pic..it helps alot. I'm still wondering tho-is it okay to put the air-lines between the lid and tank ? I was thinking that a pass-thru ,rubber grommet would work,so that the gap created by the air-lines,won't allow light in .. am I just over-complicating things ?

Have a good one...Torog

lordsoth666
01-22-2005, 12:59 AM
The grommet would help I think, but I just drill a hole through the lid, and that seems to work.

lordsoth666
01-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I thought I would post some new pics, here we are 9 days into flowering, I also got me a new reflector for the 400HPS, got the "Pro" from hydrofarm, with a lens on it, I like it much better than my old one (lightwave) and the light seems more uniform... But as for the plants, these things are getting HUGE!! They have doubled in size since I started them in flowering, I am getting concerned for the space the three of them occupy. I cannot determine the sex just yet, but soon I hope...

PS that other plant in the pics is a soil plant at 5 weeks flowering, it looks so small in comparison..

lordsoth666
02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
I have cut down 2 of my plants, as they were males. The remaining one is looking very healthy, 18 days flowering, 20" tall, and showing pistils all over the place :)

The damaged leaves are from the HPS before I got the lens, I was moving things around and touched the bulb with the plant :eek: But all in all the plant is very healthy, and vigorous, little buds are starting to form on the tops. :D

The other plant is my skunk/blueberry at 6 weeks flowering. (soil)

jimmy5150guitars
02-01-2005, 01:09 PM
hey guys:

here they are just 11 days after my last posted pictures.they have been growing about an inch per day the biggest one is just around 20" inches i will be switching them into flowering mode today. i do have one question though has anyone used dr.hornby's big bud ? I picked some up because the name sounds so appealing, anyways i was hoping someone would have an idea how to mix it in conjuction with my regular bloom nutes? big bud is 0 1 4 and my blooming nutes are 3 12 6 if anybody as any advice it would be greatly appreciated. happy growing!

hooked on ponics.......

The Student
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Hello,

jimmy5150 - I have been researching Advanced Nutrients for quite some time now. DR. Hornby's Big Bud is an awesome product. It will greatly help with your bud set and development.

I would suggest using it at the recommended doses, as per the instructions.

10 grams per 20 liters of nutrient solution in your resevoir.

Lordsoth - Sorry to hear about the males. Glad you ended up with a female though.

How is your BB x skunk smell now that it is in full flower. Heavy odor?

Take care guys

Peace
Hope this helps.

kyskunk3
02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
man, im learning so much just reading these threads. i dig the bubbler, very nice. good stuff

lordsoth666
02-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Student: The BB/skunk hardly smells at all... and the thing is, that I'm not positive 100% about the genetics on that plant anyways, I got the seeds from a friend in Belgium, and he said that's what it is, but not from a seed bank, from his garden. But anyway, the smell it does give off is heavenly, very sweet and friuty, and a bit skunky.

Jimmy5150: Nice looking plants, what light are you using?

jimmy5150guitars
02-03-2005, 04:12 AM
lordsoth : i use a 400 watt hps agromax bulb with 30% blue spectrum
this is the first grow that i used it on and it seems to work great, if you notice on one of my plants all of the lower branches caught up to the center stalk i beleive the specific bulb i am using excelled the growth of these lower braches. i plan to use the bulb for veg and flowering good luck in your grow peace

jimmy5150guitars
02-06-2005, 11:41 AM
hey guys

just wanted to say the bubbler run for 2005 has ended for me.
me and my wife broke up and she mutilated all my plants and took out some of my bulbs , and kicked me out so now i have no place to live or grow but i will be back one day thanks guys for all your help i respect. i will be in touch as soon as i find a place to live the bubbler run will live on thanx for all your help

ps: if anyone has a room for rent i come with my own supplies

peace to all!

The Student
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
jimmy - I hope that everything works out. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You have been one of the driving forces in the Great Bubbler Run.

I hope to see you back in action soon.

Take care

Peace

CletusVandam
02-06-2005, 05:46 PM
sorry to hear that dude. been through the divorce thing myself. I'm sure u already miss your plants more than that evil bitch. Good luck dude.

willybblue
02-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Sorry dude...that really sucks...I am lady myself and I would never do that to my hubby!! Things will look up soon...and at least you got some valuable experience for the next time you grow...

Keep the ole' chin up...it will get better soon...

Take care....

lordsoth666
02-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow! that sucks, sorry to hear about your loss.
:(

willybblue
02-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Hey guys...I am about 10 days away from harvest!!! YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! Finally!! Anyway, I will get some pics up right before I hack and of course of the root ball...you guys will die!! It's almost to big for the orange Home Depot 5 gal it's in!!

Anyway, the plant is looking great!! She is huge with about 4 main colas and lots of undergrowth...Trichs are currently cloudy and the pistils are about 40% brown. I am going to start flushing her tomorrow for 10 days and harvest on Saturday Feb 19.

How is everyone else doin'?? Besides Jimmy of course....poor guy!

The Student
02-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Hello,

willy - congrats on the upcoming harvest. I am excited to see your pics.

I have some pics that I will be putting up in the next few days. I have been working on a little something....

Take care everyone

Peace

willybblue
02-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Wow...Student!! Now I a wanna see YOUR pics!

Bspectral
02-10-2005, 02:33 AM
the bubbler setups are very interesting and maybe 1 day i'l do it.''''''''cant wait to see some flowering pics with certain types of budjuices.''''''''i'd say a good experiment would be to have about 5 (same strain females)started at the same time given each a different budjuice,all getting fed at the same times and which plant ended up the best was the best juice.'''''''''I only used DNF DUTCH NUTRIENT FORMULA bloomA and bloomB www.hydroponics.com and www.maximumyield.com'''''''''''''''''look at how the trichomes are starting 3-4 weeks of DNF 12/12''''''''''northern lights''''''''1 girl with about 30 equalsized buds on her!!!!!

willybblue
02-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I put a post up a little bit ago (asking a similar thing) and not many people have responded...I am curious what people put in their rezzy's during flower to make the buds really fluff up...I like your experiment idea...maybe one day I will try it....

lordsoth666
02-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Well I'm at 5 weeks of flowering today, and here's how it looks, BTW I took the pics under the HPS, and I assure you that the plant is quite green and healthy contrary to how the leaves look in this light... And also there is only 1 plant in these pics, as the other 2 were males and I killed those...

BTW, Bspectral: I am useing TechnaFlora's "BC" line of nutrients and I like them so far, BIG buds developing. :) http://www.technaflora.com/products.php?product=3

willybblue
02-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Those are some fine lookin' plants my friend!! Nice goin!! I can't wait to see them in a week or two!!

Update on me...we are currently 2 days away from harvest!! I put the plant in the dark this a.m. for 48 hours of dark (putting the "increase in trichomes" theory to the test). I have been flushing now for about 1 1/2 weeks.

I will get some pics up on Saturday when I chop her down....

I also have three others on week 4 of flower...doing well...i am going to start using Kool Bloom instead of Awesome Blossom to see how that goes...I wasn't that impressed with Awesome Blossom...

Also, I accidentally broke a stem off about 1 1/2 weeks ago...Put the buds in a paper bag and we just smoked them...they hadn't even been flushed yet and it tasted SOOOOOOOOO good...and very potent for how short of a period of time I dried. No cure at all!! So, needless to say, my husband and I are super excited!!

Thanks for letting me share and LS those are some seriously gorgeous plants..even with the weird lighting/pictures taken under HPS thing...

See yaaaa' :D

QueBud
02-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Hey everybody,

Nice thread you guys got here so i thought i'd chip in.

I currently have a DWC setup running: 9 plants 1000w and the ladies are at day 17 in the flowering and the buds are starting to build up and they are rock solid.

I also use the technaflora's "BC" line and i'm adding AWSOME BLOSSOM to my mix to boost flower production.
I'm sorry to say however that the BC line is discontinued so grab whatever you can get while you can Lordsoth.
(company heads are splitting up i heard)

Pics are as follow:

1- The setup with the clones just put in.
2- The setup today after 18 days of flowering.
All the rest- macro pics of buds in the making.

What do you guys think?

QB

willybblue
02-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Nice pics...and some nice plants too I might add!! Congrats on joining our wonderful thread here!!

Anyway, I have used the Awesome Blossom products in combo with GH Flora and I wasn't that impressed with the AB. I am going to try Kool Bloom on my other three and see how that goes...

Anyway, good luck with everything!

kuri
02-18-2005, 03:51 AM
hi there, i'm way behind on this thread and just skimmed through it for the first time, very interesting!! i want to start a bubbler thing as a middle place to hang out my clones before moving into the nft system i have that is in 12/12 now.

this thread is very informative, thank you. however, does anyone have any good sites that show in detail HOW this works and all the little nitty gritty details about this system? i know it is very basic, but i like to know as much as i can before doing stuff. thanks

lordsoth666
03-05-2005, 05:26 AM
Well here we are, nearing the end of the first great bubbler run for me. There is 1 week left of flowering, I am flushing it now, plain PH'ed water. The buds are HUGE, the bug one in the pics is as big around as a coke can... I'm really looking forward to smoking it :cool: I'm hoping to get 3 oz. off of it, and some good bubble hash too.

But not to worry, as I have a few more bubblers about ready to flower, BBxSkunk clones, and a bag seed that has grown a purple plant, all female. :)

These pics are all the same plant, taken tonight...

jimmy5150guitars
03-05-2005, 05:35 AM
good job lordsoth
thats a great looking plant, if me and my wife didnt split of if she just didnt fuck all my plants up i would be harvesting in 3 weeks, but there is allways a better day, i have one female of bubbalicous found out the sex today,
so i guess the bubbler run lives on, oyeah i did order some more seeds from high grade seeds they should be in, in a few days some ww, blue haze and dbl trouble i had to get new lights though, but ill be up and running in a few days great job on your plant, man
hooked on ponics!

lordsoth666
03-05-2005, 05:40 AM
LOL! hooked on ponics, I like it, kinda catchy. I hope you have better luck this time.

Also for those who have been following this thread, this is a pic I posted on Jan 6 of this crop before flowering, the one with the red arrow is the one that was female, and about to get cut.

Nosehit
03-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Looks great lord, If you need someone take it for a test drive I'm your man! LOL :p :D

lordsoth666
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
I cut the girl down last night, 9 oz. trimmed but still wet. Here's some pics...

Torog
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I cut the girl down last night, 9 oz. trimmed but still wet. Here's some pics...

Howdy soth,

Sweet ! :D :D

Have a good one ! :D

lordsoth666
03-15-2005, 06:55 AM
Well it's all dreid now, 30 grams... I'm not very happy, but it is great smoke

Torog
04-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Howdy Student,

I just wanted to let ya know,that I'm still holding everything in reserve,until I can git enough money to finish assembling my dwc set-up..the main expense holding me back..is gittin a pump to pump out the solution..I know that I could git one for around 80$..but that's equivalent to 2 weeks worth of groceries..for a poor feller like me...lol.

One thing I wanted to ask ya,is what do you think of germing seeds outside,then bringing them inside ? While germing outside,takes alot longer..doesn't it also produce a a stronger ,healthier plant ? What effect do you think that outside germination would have on plants transferred to the bubbler ? Would I need to germ them inside,in the rockwool cubes,so they would be compatable with the grow rocks and net pots ?

So far,I have observed,that the plants germed outdoors,and brought inside,under a 1kwatt mh,are thriving well,the internodal length,is much shorter,after a few days under the mh,and that when we transfer them outdoors,they start to stretch again. We're trying to conserve electricity,so we have em on a 16/8 schedule..kinda odd..but it does help on the electric bill..lol.

Anyhow..I appreciate greatly,all of your help and I hope to be a good 'student' ;) :D

Have a good one ! :D

Texastweeked
05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey all....Just started a new Grow cabinet, designs to be uploaded shortly and will be availble in many formats including CAD, BMP, Word, as well as all purchase and construction notes. The mothers are to be grown in soil (bonsia Mums) and clones moved to a two clone shallow water culture system (bubbler) and is suppossed to produce 8"-10" buds without having to use net pots, they are supported by pieces of air tube in sponge rubber stuck into the top of a 7 gal flat rubbermaid lightproof container. root support by simple screen inside the tub, and 2" chicken wire on a PVC frame SCROG.....Anyway, I will start my own thread so as not to infringe on ya'lls, but would really like to discuss some of this with ya'll......THANKS Have a DYNAMIC DAY !!!

muncheemama
06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
student......hows that trainwreck?

The Student
06-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Hello,

The Trainwreck was given to a dear friend who needed it worse than I. I have had the pleasure of smoking the results several times since and let me tell you, it is undoubtedly top shelf bud.

I think that I have been inspired to make a trip to my friends place now.

Take care

Peace

The Student
06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Coming this fall
- to a grow area near you -

Hydro: Bubbler Style - The Second Time Around.

Prepare yourselves now. Let us grow in numbers, let us learn together.

Starting this fall, the second annual Great Bubbler Run.

More details to come. I may be providing the seed for this run also, this way we will all be able to feed off of one anothers grows.

How does a pure Lowryder hydro run sound?

Something to think about........ :)

Take care

Peace

snow owl
06-23-2005, 03:54 PM
hey lordsoth,

just curious how you got your buds to dry in 5 days in a bathroom. 2nd bathroom for showers?