PDA

View Full Version : class c

br4d5
11-11-2004, 09:59 PM
someone has told me that under the class c law on cannabis it is now legal to smoke in your own home, does anyone know if this is true?

if it is true then that must mean you can legally have cannabis in your home also.

so if that is the case, if the police executed a search warrent and found cannabis in your home, can you still be charged with possession?

and what are the laws on possession :confused:

Lulu
11-11-2004, 10:32 PM
http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/rp2000/rp00-074.pdf

A. Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (MDA)
The MDA and its associated Regulations, the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 1985,9 lay down the circumstances in the UK in which it is lawful to import, produce, supply, possess with intent to supply, and possess drugs of misuse ?? ??controlled? drugs. There are provisions within the Act for the Home Secretary to change the classification of drugs, through delegated legislation. Any submission by the Home Secretary for changes to the legislation by Order in Council or Regulation must be preceded by consultation with the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. This is the statutory body which keeps under review drugs which are, or are likely to be misused. It can appoint expert committees to consider specific issues and advises the Government on measures necessary for the prevention of drug misuse.

1. Classes and penalties
The penalties applicable to offences involving the different drugs are graded broadly according to the social harm attributable to a drug when it is misused and for this purpose the drugs are defined in three classes: A, B and C.

Class A Offences involving those in Class A attract the highest penalties ?? a maximum of seven years and/or unlimited fine for possession; life and/or unlimited fine for production or trafficking. A mandatory seven year sentence is now the penalty for a third conviction for trafficking.10 This class includes the more potent of the opioid painkillers (heroin, morphine, methadone11, dipipanone, pethidine), hallucinogens (eg LSD, ecstasy) and the stimulant cocaine. Any Class B drug prepared for injection counts as Class A.

Class B has lower penalties: a maximum of five years and/or unlimited fine for possession; fourteen years and/or unlimited fine for production or trafficking. It includes herbal cannabis, cannabis resin, less potent opioids (codeine, pentazocine), strong synthetic stimulants (eg oral amphetamines), and sedatives (eg barbiturates).

Class C has the lowest penalties: a maximum of two years and/or unlimited fine for possession; five years and/or unlimited fine for trafficking. It includes tranquillisers, some less potent stimulants, and mild opioid analgesics (eg buprenorphine which is used in the treatment of opioid dependency). It also includes liquid cannabis, cannabinol and cannabinol derivatives (THC) (as of Jan 29, 2004).

Most offences involving drugs are triable either way, that is, summarily by magistrates or on indictment with a jury at a Crown Court. Less serious offences are usually dealt with by magistrates' courts, where sentences cannot exceed six months and/or £5,000 fine, or three months and/or fine for less serious offences. Eighty five per cent of all drug offenders are convicted of unlawful possession.13 Although maximum penalties are severe, just over 20 per cent of offenders receive a custodial sentence (even fewer actually go to prison), and nearly 3/4 of fines are £50 or less.14

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/article/0,6512,580574,00.html

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/67/67426_discretion_for_police_over_cannabis.html

Proof
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM
The police in the UK are normaly ok about a lil bit of weed but large amounts they will take u in to the station iv known a few ppl who have bein caught with weed of them jus a slap on the wrist normaly

br4d5
11-13-2004, 12:06 PM
is there a set amount for personnal posession?

i was grassed up and busted, the feds seized various evidence such as weed, kitchen scales, clingfilm, natwest bags, scanner, money aswell as other non related items.

my case went to magistrates court and then refered to crown, on my first trial the jury could not reach a decision so a second trial was ordered, the second trial i had a high court judge dealing with the case the outcome of that trial was a 12 out of 12 not guilty verdict (which was nice). bail condition are to appear in court for the posession and to goto probation (why probation?)

now i just have to go for a sentencing on the posession, but i have to go to the court of justice in london for that (which is a bit strange i live in the north of england).

this has been going on for 9 months now, ive been court 5 times, it all seems abit too much, all i had was 112g of resin.

The C
11-14-2004, 06:40 AM
112 grams, well yeah,

Nromally i dont cary too much around wiht me, a few bowl fulls in case i'm bored, just wnat some fucking dope orbump into a hot stoner girl an dont wanna not put some dope into a cricle.

Anyhow, i say, JUST DONT GET FUCKING CAUGHT. A freind of a freind of mine went to jail becauase they had 1 joint. It was big, but still 1 joint.

What ahppned, someoen was new on the force, fresh outta trainign and went with teh heif on duty. I guess to seehow he's doing ro somehting fo the sort, and they cracked down on the guy, basucall cause the chief hadda set an example.

I just eprsonally dont want a record. So i try and play things msooth, carry my shitt around in a skittles tube, thoguh i susally have a pipe somteims when im strealht i carry zig zags cause there legalk. Plus i never have reason to be stopped, i ahve a shadow car slowly follow behind me for a coupel blcoks, they susualyl nedd some kind or reason to stop you. I mean they can claim your look susspious, but if they check you out and lose you can throw the booik at them for misconduct so unless there stupid, if your waling straihgt and actuing not stoned, you shoudl be finee.

The C