PDA

View Full Version : I have five cats.....how many do you have?

rainbows.rsexy
11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
there are many stray cats here in kuwait

with the weather getting cold I stashed a sleeping bag and daily food and water under the cafeteria from where they beg for food.

I'm most sorry for the little ones. I almost got my hands on a small one today. I was going to put a "sweater on the shivering lil dumbass, but it ran away. Ow well maybe one day that kitty will figure out how to use the sleeping bag.

I don't think kuwaitis give 2 ships about stray anmals. I see stray animals very often in Kuwait. What a shame being that Kuwait is so rich.

D.Boone
11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
yea weird maybe cause they are so rich they only care about themselvs and nothing else.

i have one crazy orange tabby cat named george. hes about the most hyper cat youll ever see.

birdgirl73
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey, Rainbows! We have a friend who was briefly stationed in Kuwait City before moving onto his state department post in Basra. In both places, he said there were lots of stray cats. Interesting! He also said the same thing you did--that citizens in both Kuwait and Iraq didn't give a flip about animals. He said "American and European pets have no idea just how lucky they are." That's nice you're helping provide them with water, food, and a warm bed.

I have two indoor cats, Buddy and Jay, and one outdoor cat, whom I've named Orangeman, who really belongs to my neighbors. (They don't care enough about him.) I'm in the process of stealing Orangeman, and he's living in my garage most of the time now that it's gotten chilly. Yey for people who care about animals! And for people like you who're serving our country. Take care of yourself, and thanks for what you're doing!

crunksquirrel
11-22-2006, 02:37 PM
niice name .. Orangeman, lol

i have 4 of my own, well my mom kinda adopted them and they're crazy.
the only pets i have for now because our dog just died over the summer.:(

Y'all have a good one :greenthumb:

jamstigator
11-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Have five cats here too. The first cat moved in on her own, came through the dog door back when we had four dogs, and decided she'd live with us. She broke the 'cat barrier' for my woman, who had never had a good experience with cats before, and after that, we kept adding cats as the dogs died. Four is the legal limit here, but we have five anyway, just couldn't resist this little orange tabby stray that turned into the fifth.

When I was living in Turkey, there were thousands of cats, just everywhere. They have this myth that Ataturk (national hero) has his spirit in a cat's body and someday someone will accidentally step on a cat, get scratched, and the spirit of Ataturk will be transferred to that person's body. So, they don't exactly REVERE cats, or treat them particularly well, but they don't MIStreat them either.

They also have a bad rabies problem in Turkey. I ended up getting bitten by a rabid cat there (I was drunk and thought he was purring at me, when he was actually growling). The Army gave me a then-experimental rabies shot that they said would make me immune for at least 20 years, if not life. After that, anytime there was a rabid cat rampaging around any U.S. military area in or around Izmir, they called me, since I was immune. Hah, joined the Army to do electronics work, ended up spending a fair amount of time as a cat catcher!

xcrispi
11-22-2006, 04:51 PM
just 1 cat at our house Jiggy n shes a cellar dweller as we have a neo mastiff n a pittbull .
peace

officerleeroy
11-22-2006, 04:58 PM
2 cats...stimpy and kitty

Nochowderforyou
11-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I just have one cat that roams my house all the time, and follows me around like a little kid, but she's my baby until I have kids of my own.

I'm the kind of person who feels sorry for stray animals as well. The first cat I ever had, that I had for 18yrs, was a stray cat that we found laying by a our back door in the dead of winter. We gave her a jacket to cover her with, and the next morning she was still there, so my dad said we could keep her if the owners didn't come forward. I loved her so much and she lived so long. After she died I got my current cat that I have now.

She was abondoned as well and I got her from a shelter back home. She was very underweight as she lived outside in the winter when she was born. She got a big cold and almost died because of it, didn;t eat much for about 4 months. From the cold, she got frostbite on her ears, so everytime she scratches her one ear, she cries in pain because it hurts from the nerve damage. I took her to the vet and they said that it is perm. and nothing can be done about it. I had to stop her everytime she scratched, to train her not to do it (as much). I mean, it was getting to the point where she was taking the fur off her ear. Now she doesn't do it as much after she had a cone on her head for about a month.

She's a healthy, beefy cat now, and she is more than happy.

yoda
11-22-2006, 06:06 PM
heart warming story there chowder....

i have 2 cats. 1 was my brothers he got when he went to community college but dropped out. his name is marley :). another cat we got 3 maybe 4 years ago, shes a russian blue, her name is lucy. she bugs the hell out of me, hardly leaves me alone, but i do love her.

Pot_Duster
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
I have two Siamese, an older lilac-point male (17) and a choclate-point female (8), and it does take some efforts to cleanup after the little darlings. Cats are wonderful pets and I love mine dearly, but two is my limit.

Lily420
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I found a stray cat before the summer but since we have a no pet policy in my apartment housing she couldent stay.
I work with lots of foster cats, I feel so sad for them. :(

LIP
11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
I have one cat.

Skink
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
3 Including me,,,you know Ima cool Cat...

robert42
11-22-2006, 07:05 PM
i have 3 cats,

i had another cat it was HUGE not fat but just strong and big, he got paralysed and died, but before he died i found a stray cat which was in a bad way it looked pregnant so i kept it and looked after it and when my other cat sadly died ( i had it for 13 years was really sad) she had 6 kittens! We kept one of the kittens and the other 5 we gave to friends two of the kittens went to the same home,

Later in life the kitten had grown up and one night it brought home the most LOVELY cat it was a blue burmese cat, we loved it so much fiom day one we still have it, we never did find who owned it.

So now i got 3 cats and i love them all!

robert42
11-22-2006, 07:07 PM
when i go to my aparment in cyprus i take so much food, and the back of my apartment is a huge plot of land where many cats roam andi go out there about 6 pm will lots of food and about 30 cats come and i feed them,#

my aunty who lives in cyprus she has a shed built for stray cats, its a big barn which is warm during winter and cool during summer, its got soft floors and she has avbout 20 stray cats that stay there its really nice.

baisez le monde.
11-22-2006, 08:30 PM
smokey ,bella ,hunter

Cheery Cherry
11-23-2006, 02:04 AM
I have a cat named "Neko". She's very vocal, mischievous, and sleeps on her back, all stretched out. She's so beautiful. :)

wayoftheleaf
11-23-2006, 04:49 AM
two cats, chingy and tater. both males. chingy was born on the fourth of july of 2005 lol.

Aristotle
11-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Single man with more than one cat = insecure loser with self-esteem issues(who actually turn out to be gay 75% of the time. seriously. it's science).

Single woman with more than one cat = bat shit crazy

<3 Dogs.

birdgirl73
11-23-2006, 06:39 AM
What about married people with multiple pets like me and Jamstigator? Just mildly insane gluttons for punishment and pet hair/dander?

Aristotle
11-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Nope, if you're married.. multiple cats is fine. Because there are enough people in a family to account for the entire magnitude of sadness that only a cat could bestow upon a human being. For a single person, it's way too much.

Fact: Cats lick the top of the butter thus leaving their germs on the butter, where the unsuspecting owner will eat it, get sick and die, leaving the cat to devour the corpse.

Fact: Cats will sit on the chest of a child to steal their breath.

Fact: Any woman with more than one cat is probably bat shit insane, and has severe issues. Any woman with more than one dog is awesome, and clearly a great person.

Fact: Any man with one cat is probably gay. Any man with more than one cat probably dresses up like a clown and will kill and eat your children.

Fact: Cats are great for using as skeet when skeet shooting.

The facts add up. Cats suck, and dogs rule.

Mean Green Charlene
11-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Fact: Bitches be runnin wild.

rainbows.rsexy
11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
some names

freezin' Beasin

starvin' Marvin

dusty Rusty

stinky Pinky

ass Breath

dark0ne
11-23-2006, 03:38 PM
2 cats. sadie and cleo. we rescued both of them when they were to young to be left alone. sadie is 18 and fallows me arround like a dog, she's sitting on my lap right now. cleo is 7 and is nuts, she lays in the middle of the floor and yells to be pet then takes off when you do.

smoke it
11-23-2006, 10:41 PM
i gots two cats----Simba and Taz

hipEstoner
11-24-2006, 12:01 AM
i got a cat, his name is marley, he is cdool as shit, man, when im halucinating and trippuin on mushrooms or dex or some shit i talk to him sometimes, one day he said he liked laying under the magnolia tree in the front yard because the shade kept hime cool,,

OniEhtRedrum781
11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I have two cats, one named Bossy and one named Henry

onefourninezero
11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I have one cat (15 years old) and two kittens (7/8 months old).

rainbows.rsexy
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Nope, if you're married.. multiple cats is fine. Because there are enough people in a family to account for the entire magnitude of sadness that only a cat could bestow upon a human being. For a single person, it's way too much.

Fact: Cats lick the top of the butter thus leaving their germs on the butter, where the unsuspecting owner will eat it, get sick and die, leaving the cat to devour the corpse.

Fact: Any woman with more than one cat is probably bat shit insane, and has severe issues. Any woman with more than one dog is awesome, and clearly a great person.

Fact: Any man with one cat is probably gay. Any man with more than one cat probably dresses up like a clown and will kill and eat your children.

my cat never slept on my face. slept on my foot one time though. .....the person who lost his breath from a cat probably forcing something down the cat's windpipe at one time or another, the cat probably was just trying to return the favor .......
without cats, the rodent population would swell to the point that poisonous-snakes are fed well enough, to thrive in neighborhoods where lil kids are running around while playing

duh, common sense

robert42
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM

FACT: YOU CHAT SHIT :p

Skink
11-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Fact--- Kittens are spawn from a spore in Satan's breath...

BabyFacedAbortion
11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Ive got 4 kitties.
baby - fat black and white kittie with big eyes
punkin' - a calico looking kittie with a lot of orange
juliet - black and white skinny kittiy (mom of baby and punkin)
romeo - orange stripey cat (dad of baby and punking)

RichieRich
11-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I have 2 cats Simon and Sissy. They are bro and sis and are great cats. And Rainbow can I state for the record that I have never ever wanted to be a missile more than right now after I saw that picture! :stoned:

potsmokingnome
11-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Ass breath LOL what a name for a cat! lol

I have 3 cats, Star, Boo and our newest adition to the family: waffles!

tootsie roll
11-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Cool, lot's of cat/animal lovers here.:thumbsup: We got our first kitten 5 years ago when he showed up and decided to live here.
We got our second kitten when a friend the first kitten brought over had babies and got killed. The kitten was sick and needed surgery so, we got her to a vet, brought her home to recover and she stayed. lol
We also have some ferals that live on the property. One of them, a sweet fiesty male, THROWS himself at the door when he wants to come in. I told my husband what he does and he said to me "you should hear him doing it in the early morning". (he usually lets him in. lol)
I go to sleep with 2 dogs and one cat and wake up with 2 dogs and 3 cats. lol
It's no wonder I'm always warm. And yes, we have a kind sized bed and only 4 at a time. 2 humans and 2 dogs. Sometimes a cat will sneak up tho.;)

MastaChronic
11-25-2006, 05:46 AM
i got 2 cats and a dog

socialinjustice
11-25-2006, 05:49 AM
there are many stray cats here in kuwait

with the weather getting cold I stashed a sleeping bag and daily food and water under the cafeteria from where they beg for food.

I'm most sorry for the little ones. I almost got my hands on a small one today. I was going to put a "sweater on the shivering lil dumbass, but it ran away. Ow well maybe one day that kitty will figure out how to use the sleeping bag.

I don't think kuwaitis give 2 ships about stray anmals. I see stray animals very often in Kuwait. What a shame being that Kuwait is so rich.

OMG YOU ARE SO FUCKIN HOT..i dont have any cats

baisez le monde.
11-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Dude I'm pretty sure rainbows is a guy...

socialinjustice
11-25-2006, 05:57 AM
lol ok on that note the girl in your picture is fuckin sexy

baisez le monde.
11-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Psh if you like hoes in bikinis. But then who doesn't.

nofx12345
11-25-2006, 06:08 AM
i have two cats Blacker and kitty. Blacker is an out door cat, he chills in the garage. i havent seen kitty in like a week, she just comes out to eat when im not around. its a really easy pet to have, all u gotta do is feed it.
and have u ever noticed how trippy a cat is?
next time u see a cat just look at it, and really look at it.

Aristotle
11-25-2006, 07:22 AM
FACT: YOU CHAT SHIT :p
Nope!

robert42
11-25-2006, 05:46 PM
next ull say thats u in your display pic :rolleyes::p

rainbows.rsexy
12-24-2006, 04:30 PM
the large male cat is the only one who trusts me enough to eat out of my hand.

On thanksgiving that cat would put himself in a position to be easily abducted by my clutches.

I left him alone to feast on coctail shrimp and turkey portions

MrGreenFingaz
12-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I always overstock on my cats, i usually have about 10-15 running around. Only because when i get angry and snap im liable to kill a few off.

Dro_Princess
12-25-2006, 01:50 AM
I have 4 cats.
Duchess is siamese and the queen on the land around here and has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.
Fuzz and Little Girl are brother and sister they are long hair black cats with beautiful green eyes.
Then there is Osama. He was here when we moved in and was a wild cat. Took us 2 years for him to trust us. He only has 3 legs but he is huge and will whoop any cat or dog on the block expect Duchess he stands down to her. She has him pussy whipped.

liberiamom
12-25-2006, 03:23 AM
One cat- completely snow white with topaz eyes, around 8 years old, named Sugaray. He showed up on our front lawn one rainy November less than a month after my 17 year old cat, Chinagirl, died in my arms. He was sent like a big goofy ghost to bring kitty energy to the house. He likes to box with me - he's a lummox.

I still miss my dog, Emerson. I had to put him to sleep a year and a half ago, but it is still extremely painful to me even now. He was my best friend for 16 years, it was just us and Chinagirl. He was a golden retriever/border collie mix I got at the pound, and he was the best dog on earth. Once we get these two kids adopted, we'll think about getting another dog. Until then, Sugaray rules the house!

Skink
12-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Swirly and Buddy...

rainbows.rsexy
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
One of my cats is a very rare black with gold patches...yes really gold, not everyday-yellow

My favorite is the littlest cat. I make sure thatcat gets food and water EVERY day. Sadly that cat's sleeping bag has been stolen from under the dining facility three times. That cat has a lil black fur on top of it's head, and she has a snow white coat everywhere else......except her eyes and tongue

psychocat
12-30-2006, 01:48 AM
When I lived in a big house with my gf we used to have 6 regulars and 3 part time cats (strays). Since we split up she has the white one and the black one (Spike and Blacky). I had Tabster and Willow but Willow vanished last Xmas (2006) so I only have my little bruiser Tabs. Sam and Twinkle (she was renamed by my ex original name was Treacle) have been rehomed with trusted friends.
The visitors were Stumpy a tabby that had a very short tail, Gobshite and Chatterbox (so called because they were very vocal) used to visit regular for a feed and a fuss and were always welcome.

Heres a pic of the 6 main ones , from the left
Tabster,Blacky,Sam,Willow,Spike and Treacle (Twinkle).

latewood
12-30-2006, 01:51 AM
22 as of this weekend...no rodents

birdgirl73
12-30-2006, 02:31 AM
Latewood, you have 22 cats? Marvelous!

I love the photo of the formet dinnertime lineup at your place, Psychocat. It's priceless!

LIP
12-30-2006, 10:38 AM

I love the photo of the formet dinnertime lineup at your place, Psychocat. It's priceless!

That's what i was thinking lol.

rainbows.rsexy
12-30-2006, 04:46 PM
my littlest cat is nowhere to be found......she is out exploring the rest of the base, but I know she is still alive because the food I leave is never seen again, but the tray always remains.

The funny thing is she sounds like the daily chantings I here from the muslim mosque across the street. She meows in a similar long monotone way, similar to the loudspeaker. Today, afer the publicized execution, angry chantings were spoken in arabic for hours. I would hope the were cursing the evil soul of Saddam.:cool:

psychocat
12-31-2006, 12:15 AM

Agreed Late 22 is some tribe :smokin:

The pic of foodtime is the only one where all six were in one place at the same time, I have lots of pics as I think they are beautiful animals and Spike even poses to have his pic taken.

Dutch Pimp
12-31-2006, 12:25 AM
...my one "familar" cat is missing in action...his name was ..Kamikaze..he died by the cat code of honor...I assume...R.I.P. troop...

Skink
12-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Ahhahahaha,,,did they all have a bowl that they went to all the time??? or is it all random... That pic takes the piss...

rainbows.rsexy
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
i luv my lil cat's beady eyes.

OpJ
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Two and one can find anybody who smokes MJ. The other is a one person.

The one who likes weed was probably bout two months old and got into some weed eating it and got all fussy and laid in the sun for a week. We couldn't believe he ate so much but he still has that look in his eyes like he never came down.

psychocat
01-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Ahhahahaha,,,did they all have a bowl that they went to all the time??? or is it all random... That pic takes the piss...

They all had thier own bowls man, they would stand and look at you like you had fucked up major league if they weren't in the order you see there.
Bloody fussy beasts.

ericwt
01-25-2007, 03:12 AM
I have two wonderful kitty cats. They bring me such joy.

rainbows.rsexy
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm down to no-cats, here in nyc

Divadish
06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
We have 2 at the moment although we had 10 the other month when we took in a pregnant stray who had 7 kittens all went to good homes.

Divadish
06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
And here they are. They're about 5-6 days old here. We had them for 3 days before a lady from the cat protection league came for them.[attachment=o143682]

4twentE
07-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Just one. She won't let me get any more.

Immolation
06-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd never owned any Cats until '02 I went to get a kitten for my daughter(We lived together) While I was sitting in Kitty City at a no kill shelter, a One Eyed cat jumped in my lap.I noticed the eye missing and his personality.Right there, I decided we were taking 2 cats home.Inc. is 6 years old now and Angel is 12.Not being much of a "Cat Person" I am Very Happy with my 2 cats.They have been Great Fun!!! Anyone else have a similar story?

painretreat
06-07-2008, 10:11 AM
None. Allergic to um! Glad to hear they aren't eating them over there!!:thumbsup: Very nice comments and enjoy reading the bond with pets! have 2 Bobcats that live nearby, outside, breed with locals and they are mean little suckers when they come out!But, real cute!:)

StickyfingahZ
06-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I got 2 cats at our house,one is orange and brown and keeps to herself,the other is a fat gray/black one,he stays outside,Heisnt our cat,Our neighbors in the back moved out and left him behind,he was so skinny and bony that we just felt bad and started feeding him.
But EVERYTIME I go outside to burn,he comes trottingover,smellin my weed,he even lets me blow smoke inhis face,he just sits there while the cloud just lingers around him.Thats probably why he's getting fatter,probably has themunchies.
Here is a video of him,It was originaly a vid of my kava growing,but he's in it,right after we burned,he's got a snagel tooth and even though he's a pansy,we still love him.
YouTube - Shadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYuMXnCnvk)

Yeah,you can see in the video,he's long gone,deep sleep.He aint waking up,hahaha

buttyrekka
06-07-2008, 11:15 PM
heres my kitty...do not f**k wit her.!

DrSpoof
06-08-2008, 04:26 AM
one korat named stolichnaya... thought she was a russian blue so gave her a russian name... cept i found out 6 months later she was actually a korat, which is a thai breed. lol

DrSipiggity

XXBlaze of DesiréXX
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I have one cat, shez black,with big yellow eyes:)her name is Roxzie and is 2 years old.:Di love my cat, u can do anything with her, make her do faces,throw her around, and just fool around with her, and she wont care, she'll just go with it lol:jointsmile:

keep on tokin:stoned:

katyowns
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I have 1, his name is Big Red. He's the best cat ever.

This pic used to be my icon, haha.

buttyrekka
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM
hehe katy his name is "B I G R E D!!!!!!!!!"

katyowns
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
hehe katy his name is "B I G R E D!!!!!!!!!"

I love huge fluffy cats, what can I say. He's the master of the house, not my bf and I! He even thinks our car is his!

buttyrekka
06-14-2008, 09:16 PM
my only one.... she rules my house and all she sees!..
ps she dosent have a massive head and little legs..hehe;)

WhoreMonger
07-19-2008, 12:38 AM
I have two cats, Mote and Shithead. Great kitties for sure. Don't have any pictures of the pair at the moment, just getting situated after a move across the country.

rainbows.rsexy
02-06-2009, 05:52 AM
thinking back, to the grateful cats, I can't help to wonder if their starving souls,that have surely passed, have had to do anything with my first and middle name reaching so high in recent movie character words of holiness.

I was full of such charity at the risk of legal trouble

PooKazoo
11-17-2009, 03:30 AM
I have two cats. :D