PDA

View Full Version : General Strike Called For Inauguration Day

Swooper420
11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Link to Original Post & Comments (http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/11/302801.shtml)

General Strike
Thursday
January 20, 2005
Inauguration Day

:mad:

Show George II, "The W", how much we support his reign, by supporting a General Strike on Thursday, January 20, 2005.

We must show the world that we are not satisfied with "black box" voting, where there is no paper trail of the votes cast. Over 8,000 votes in precincts of less than 700, voting machines counting backwards, misallocating the votes from Kerry to Bush. Dozens and dozens of instances of unquestionable vote fraud aided and abetted by Republicans both in the Corporate world and the Political.

We must show that "We the People of the united States of America" are out here, are sovereign, and that we will no longer stand by while our basic rights and liberties are ripped away from us like bloody swatches of skin.

A "General Strike" means:

No Economic Activity Whatsoever
for examples (list not all inclusive):

· NO WORKING
· No buying gas
· No buying food
· No fast food
· No paying bills
· No use of US Postal Service
· No movies, Pay-Per-View, or video game rentals
· No taking public transportation
· No paying of tolls (bridge, turnpike, etc.)

If we all, those who do NOT support the regime of George W. Bush (et al), stay away from any economic activity on Inauguration Day, we will hurt his supporters in the most significant way - in their pocket books!

Imagine, millions and millions of folks missing work, holding rallies, and not spending a dime that day (!!!). OhMyGod, the sky will fall!

Repooplicans mobbing DC for the festivities, depending on the 'plebes' to be there serving them, and on Inauguration Day, everyone is marching to a different drum! Who will wipe their - - noses? Or gather laurels for them to rest upon?

Of course, a person needing medical attention, or ongoing care (i.e. dialysis) is exempted.

Otherwise, we need to Shut the Country Down on Inauguration Day! Get your family, your friends, your co-workers - women, men, black, brown, WHATEVER! It doesn't matter your background; if you value your freedom, and want to resist the fascists who are taking control, STRIKE!

Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike!

Torog
11-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Howdy Swooper,

Dang,it sounds like that would be a great time to go shopping,out to eat and watch a movie,with all the daggum liberals at home pouting ! Yeeehhhaaawww !

With all the vain,prissy liberals gone from the malls,it wuld be much less crowded,wouldn't have to wait in line at the gas station behind soccer moms,wouldn't have to worry about some daggum liberal,spitting in the food,wouldn't have to put up with politically-correct co-workers spouting their hate-America crap..dang..I could go on and on..lol.

juggalo420
12-13-2004, 09:52 PM
hell ya fuck bush, the south and the retards from the bible belt voted for him.
i dont support him im down with a strike.
FUCK BUSH!!!!!!

Nullific
12-21-2004, 11:41 PM
With all the vain,prissy liberals gone from the malls,it wuld be much less crowded,wouldn't have to wait in line at the gas station behind soccer moms,wouldn't have to worry about some daggum liberal,spitting in the food,wouldn't have to put up with politically-correct co-workers spouting their hate-America crap..dang..I could go on and on..lol.
Well thats cute. How about you try and be civil, maybe present a solid political argument for your views and not jump to bashing others for what they believe because shit like that only starts "republicans suck...no democrats suck" bullshit and you all sound like you havnt gotten out of middle school. This accomplishes nothing, no intelligent arguments are made and only ignorance remains.

Voting systems that don't leave paper trails are bullshit, you can't just turn your back on the corrupt election system of this government has. Not just democrats, not just republicans, fuck them both. Has to be mainstream everything, clothes, music, religion, politics. Everyone has to like and dislike all the same shit, do the same shit and be the same person it seems, no room for individuality or tolerance in this society.

Nullific
12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Its not about hating america, its about freedom and flexing your fuckin rights. What kind of a free country regulates what people are allowed to do with their bodies, restricts what consenting adults can do in bed and passes legislation such as the US PATRIOT ACT?

Sedater18
12-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Howdy Swooper,

Dang,it sounds like that would be a great time to go shopping,out to eat and watch a movie,with all the daggum liberals at home pouting ! Yeeehhhaaawww !

PurplePotatoes
12-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Bush was an alcoholic for a good portion of his life. And it shows. He might have good people behind him, but HE is a shitty president himself.

InhaleItALL
12-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Link to Original Post & Comments (http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/11/302801.shtml)

A "General Strike" means:

No Economic Activity Whatsoever
for examples (list not all inclusive):

· NO WORKING
· No buying gas
· No buying food
· No fast food
· No paying bills
· No use of US Postal Service
· No movies, Pay-Per-View, or video game rentals
· No taking public transportation
· No paying of tolls (bridge, turnpike, etc.)

If that is what a strike is, shit I am on strike every day of my life. SWEET! (but notice he didn't say don't buy weed) :p