PDA

View Full Version : Police: Infant, toddler test positive for cocaine

EbelEyes
11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/northfulton/stories/2006/11/11/1112metkids.html

Police: Infant, toddler test positive for cocaine

By S.A. REID
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 11/12/06

Three metro Atlanta children are in the care of a relative today after two of them â?? an infant and toddler â?? tested positive for cocaine, Sandy Springs police said Saturday.

Police called in the Fulton County Department of Children and Family Services to take the children â?? ages 7 months, 18 months and 11 â?? into custody after discovering them living in deplorable conditions in a Sandy Springs apartment, said Lt. Steve Rose, a Sandy Springs police spokesman.

Michael and Dorothy Negron, the adults they were living with, are in the Fulton County Jail on multiple drug, firearms, child cruelty and reckless conduct charges, Rose said.

Police say they received a call early Nov. 4 about a domestic dispute on Roswell Road, Rose said. The Negrons had been fighting. Dorothy Negron, 49, appeared injured, Rose said.

Once inside the apartment, officers discovered about 200 used hypodermic needles on the floor of the apartment and a strong smell of urine and feces, Rose said.

The 7-month-old boy was in an extremely soiled diaper. Police also found methamphetamine, marijuana and a gun within the reach of the children, Rose said.

"It was a very filthy and neglectful area," Rose said.

The couple had been on a drug binge, Rose said. Dorothy Negron, he said, showed visible signs of meth addiction.

The 11-year-old girl is the couple's child, Rose said. The younger ones are grandchildren who were with the Negrons because their parents are jailed on drug-related charges, Rose said.

All the children were hospitalized. The two youngest tested positive for cocaine, he said.

Police had received calls in the past about domestic disturbances and other problems at the apartment, Rose said.

Dmo18
11-13-2006, 11:25 PM
and never be let out, its one thing to fuck up when children arnt depending on you, but when people do shit like that, put children in conditions like that, they shoud not ever be let out

Wilken
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Goddamn fucking rednecks. Who in thier right mind would give a baby cocaine? If you ask me, the parents should be forced to take cocaine untill they O.D. because that will probably give them the same feeling the baby felt. I agree with Billionfold, but instead of jail I say HELL.

rottenPauL
11-14-2006, 12:33 AM
i guess they allready have a one-way ticket to that.... fuck...