PDA

View Full Version : Time For Heroes, Marines Told

Torog
11-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Time for heroes, Marines told
New York Daily News ^ | 11/08/04 | AP

NEAR FALLUJAH, Iraq - As U.S. forces prepared for what is expected to be the biggest Marine-led urban assault since Vietnam, U.S. commanders pumped up troops yesterday, saying they were no different from the storied heroes of Iwo Jima and Korea.
Standing before about 2,500 Marines who stood or knelt at his feet, Lt. Gen. John Sattler, the commanding general of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, told them that they would be at the front of the charge, with Iraqi backup.

"This is America's fight," Sattler said. "What we've added to it is our Iraqi partners. They want to go in and liberate Fallujah. They feel this town's being held hostage by mugs, thugs, murderers and terrorists."

Two Marine battalions, along with a battalion from the Army's 1st Infantry Division, will be the lead units sent into a Fallujah attack. They will be joined by two brigades of Iraqi troops.

More than 10,000 U.S. troops massed around the Sunni Muslim city are expected to take a role in the assault on Fallujah, whose green-lighted minarets are visible from the U.S. base near the city.

That's well over twice the number of Americans who were involved in an April siege on Fallujah. That assault lasted for three weeks, until Marines were forced to pull back amid an Iraqi outcry over the hundreds of casualties. Sunni insurgents then tightened their hold.

Sgt. Maj. Carlton Kent, the top enlisted Marine in Iraq, told troops the battle of Fallujah would be "no different" from the historic fights at Inchon in Korea, the flag-raising victory at Iwo Jima or the bloody assault to remove North Vietnamese troops who occupied the ancient citadel of Hue in the 1968 Tet offensive.

"You're all in the process of making history," Kent boomed. "This is another Hue city in the making.

"This is a whole can of whoop-butt all combined here," Kent said, surveying the Marines surrounding him.

A pumped-up crowd shouted a deafening "Hoorah" in response.

The Marine battalion commander, Lt. Col. Mike Ramos, predicted that "freedom and democracy" would prevail in Fallujah within days.

He added: "If I see someone who looks like a martyr, driving at high speed toward my unit, I'll send him to Allah before he gets close."

The Associated Press

Originally published on November 8, 2004

Torog
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Dear Heavenly Father,

May God protect and keep safe,all of our soldiers and all of the innocent..and may the guilty perish...May God strike down the wicked..and let Freedom reign.. In Jesus Christ's Name,Amen

SEMPER FI !!!!

Imotep
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Un fortunateley i feel the need to cross the line and get personal, and deride a free mans opinion.
You are a fucking idiot torog.

Torog
11-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Un fortunateley i feel the need to cross the line and get personal, and deride a free mans opinion.
You are a f*cking idiot torog.

Howdy Imotep,

You're more than welcome,to express your opinion Imotep,no problem.

Here's a poem for those who wish to appease terrorists:

Sheeple,Sheeple..Have you any wool ?

Yes sir Yes sir..three bags full..

Two for the terrorists takin o'er the plane..

One for the goverment-who feels our pain..

Have a good one...Torog

Imotep
11-08-2004, 11:38 AM
haha you censored fuck. :)
how many iraqi kids got mauled by "surgical strikes" and you censor a swear word?

Torog
11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
haha you censored f*ck. :)
how many iraqi kids got mauled by "surgical strikes" and you censor a swear word?

Hopefully,very few kids git hurt in a surgical strike,such is the nature of a 'surgical strike'.

As for censoring your cuss words,I do that because it's rude and impolite to use cuss words in a public forum,also,Ron wants us to refrain from using profanity in our posts. I ain't gonna promote your cussing by leaving it un-censored..real men-don't need to cuss to git their point across. ..and they only cuss-when they mean it.

Imotep
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
oh but i did mean it. :)
anyhoo aparenty you dont get all warlike when yr stoned. spark up man.

Herbaholic00
11-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Torog said this "
May God strike down the wicked..and let Freedom reign.. In Jesus Christ's Name,Amen "

I am sure this is the attitude that jesus wanted all of his people to have , dam you nearly sound like one of these terrorists that you hate so much!, even better change a few words around and will really sound like one.

Also you refer to sheeple, my understaning of calling somebody this is to say that they follow the heard. Now, from what i can gather from reading your prior posts
you appear to be....

1)A George Bush Supporter
2)Believe all the propoganda about terrorism and are there fore scarred to death of Terrorists.
3) A church goer

All these thing put you in the majority.........Sheeple (is it making sense to you yet?)

As you voted George W are you in the 70% who believe he still has WMD?, if you do where the hell are they? under the bed in Saddams cell?

When will you start to wake up and realise that yours and every one elses government is working for hidden agendas, have you not noticed how since 9/11 your civil rights have become erroded with the threat of terrorism used as the excuse. Have you heard of the New World Order?

Some people need to start reading and stop watching the crap that is put infront of them every night when they switch on the TV.

Peace.......... and im still shouting behold a pale horse

sawleaf
11-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Damn Torog, I wish I was there with my old "Ma Duece"! Kinda scary thinking about it though. Urban warfare is about as dangerous as it gets and the General saying "This is another Hue city in the making" is not good since Hue was a very bloody battle. Anyways, I pray for my brothers over there. Hopefully most of the civilians have taken the notice and evacuated all ready.

Bro DZ
11-08-2004, 10:24 PM
shit, I'm happy for those Marines. I bet 90% of them have been itching for full fledged combat. Atleast all the Marines I have known during my life have claimed nothing would be better than wasting charlie cause Uncle Sam said so =o)

fuck, I wish I would have stuck with the ROTC program so I could be there right now... girls drugs and alchohol kinda killed my patriotism in highschool though LoL

litespeed
11-09-2004, 02:24 AM
SEMPER FI six yrs Nam. !!!! I'm just an old Fart that don't beleve the Gov't. I have worked with high explosives all of my live I would like to know where the terrorists Got the ... NUKES ... that where in the bottem of the twin towers, the molten metal that was there 3 mo after (911) in the basements of the buildings. if it come from the Top you would have seen it on every thing, going Down to the basements!!

cbudmant
11-09-2004, 08:36 AM
semper fi litespeed its always good to meet fellow marines. i was in for 9 years i was in recon but got discharged or shattering my hip

Herbaholic00
11-09-2004, 11:44 AM
SEMPER FI six yrs Nam. !!!! I'm just an old Fart that don't beleve the Gov't. I have worked with high explosives all of my live I would like to know where the terrorists Got the ... NUKES ... that where in the bottem of the twin towers, the molten metal that was there 3 mo after (911) in the basements of the buildings. if it come from the Top you would have seen it on every thing, going Down to the basements!!

....were the Twin Towers the first buildings to collapse from fire ever?????????

Dam, if any body believes any thing the government tells them about the towers they are crazy. What ever the real story is you can bet its not the one that you got told on the news.

If Government was a product seling it would be illegal.

Peace

Torog
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Howdy y'all,

Here's some pics that are inspiring.

Herbaholic00
11-09-2004, 01:52 PM
This is an article I found from november 2003, it is the first article like it that i came accross, i have found many more.

Army Gen. Hugh H. Shelton asked it in a speech at Harvard University in 1999: "Is the American public prepared for the sight of our most precious resources coming home in flag-draped caskets into Dover Air Force Base?"

Despite more than 400 U.S. fatalities in the Iraq war, the public has not seen a single flag-draped military casket at Dover Air Force Base, where U.S. war dead usually arrive on their journey home.

Military officials say a more than decade-old ban on press photography at the base is to spare the feelings of military families. Critics say it also benefits President Bush by suppressing powerful images of death.

At issue is whether the American people are getting a full picture of the costs of war............................................... .................

Just a thought , you might want to search for some of those immages and see how inspired you feel then, especially as they didn't have to die and the war didn't have to happen.

I remember in a history lesson looking at propoganda adverts from Nazi Germany, I thought how can these people of been so stupid to have believed all this and then to have allowed Hitler into power..................then I realised nothing has changed .

Peace

litespeed
11-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Terrorists: Did not refer to Afghanistan or Iraq It is the home gowen type of Terrorists I was refering too.
And for the young Men and woman that have lost there Live for this Bad Service that we are geting from the Gov't. people got what they voted for, and they schould be put in the hospital and be given a Brain transplant or electro shock treatment to wake there Dumb
donkeys UP. I guss they like to see there fatalities of Young Come Home in Body Bags and then Cry Cry Cry for they lost a love one.
And some thing eles that makes me SICK are these WIFE'S all hoping to see the Big Pay Off when there old man Dies.. all I say is I'm sorry that they passed on, they should not have been there in the first place! for some ass holes the the gov't.. know if it was a Real War that would be different I would be ready to Go. For someone eles profit no way and thats all it is. This one is worst then Nixson trying to be a Dictator this one is well on his way to being another Adolf Hitler..
Do It Or I Will Cage You.

sawleaf
11-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Semper Fi Marines! Good to see some fellow grunts here!. Former heavy weapons Marine here. Damn nothing like humping that .50cal to make you hate life. ha :)

cbudmant
11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
shooting a .50 cal will wake ur ass up at 0300 in the freezing cold. only had to do that once thank god

litespeed
11-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Hay man how Bout a 106 MM cannon they are hell to Tote

Imotep
11-11-2004, 10:24 AM
i'll say. ive kiled 8 people and countless foreigners. skate or die.

rufusthestuntbum
11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Semper Fi Marines! Good to see some fellow grunts here!. Former heavy weapons Marine here. Damn nothing like humping that .50cal to make you hate life. ha :)

How many babies did you kill? Marines are trash

sawleaf
11-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Too bad nobody killed you when you were a baby. :rolleyes:

maryjanemama
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
How many babies did you kill? Marines are trash
Go live in Cuba. Maybe then you'll appreciate the freedom Marines and the rest of our armed forces protect for us everyday.

F L E S H
11-16-2004, 03:08 AM
Dear Heavenly Father,

May God protect and keep safe,all of our soldiers and all of the innocent..and may the guilty perish...May God strike down the wicked..and let Freedom reign.. In Jesus Christ's Name,Amen

Torog, replace God with Allah and Jesus Christ with Mohammed... I'll give you a cookie if you tell who you sound like...

F L E S H
11-16-2004, 03:09 AM
Go live in Cuba. Maybe then you'll appreciate the freedom Marines and the rest of our armed forces protect for us everyday.

MJM, Canada probably has the crapiest military in the world, yet we don't need armed forces to protect our freedom. Nobody hates us, nobody wants to destroy us.

rufusthestuntbum
11-16-2004, 03:30 AM

OUR armed forces? As tonto replied to the lone ranger " What do you mean WE are surrounded by Indians white man"?
I am not an american, this may come as a surprise but the whole internet is full people who live in other nations.
And killing iraqi babies and raping the iraqi people have nothing to do with your so called "freedom" either. I won't bother explaining it to people blind deaf and dumb flag worshippers like you. The american armed forces are an international extension of the american narco police state.
Do you cheer and cry when you see a cop cruiser? No. Then dont treat a bunch of government sponsered goons and baby rapers any differently. They have nothing to do with freedom, their job is too take freedom away. And thats what they are doing right now, stealing iraqi freedom and forcing american garbage culture on a smaller nation. The drug war and the war on muslims is the same thing, its just packaged differently.

sawleaf
11-16-2004, 04:18 AM
MJM, Canada probably has the crapiest military in the world, yet we don't need armed forces to protect our freedom. Nobody hates us, nobody wants to destroy us.

That's a good thing. :)

maryjanemama
11-16-2004, 09:23 PM
The Marines aren't responsible for the war in Iraq, that is president Bush's fault.

I know there are other nations in the world and I bet they all turn to the US to help them when Al Quada decides to terrorize them. It's just a matter of time. And when it happens, I think it would be awesome for our armed forces to decide to give all of those countries the middle finger and see how well they defend themselves without our "trash".

Euphoric
11-16-2004, 10:39 PM
war is not the answer...weed is!

sawleaf
11-16-2004, 10:55 PM
war is not the answer...weed is!

It certainly is! But getting world leaders to get together and smoke is probably close to impossible currently. :)