PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins

gearmo
11-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Well I put $25 in mail off to England to get 15 white widow seeds. The ad claims to be female plants I guess. I've cleared a nice little spot in the garage to grow a single plant. Once the seeds get in the mail I'll buy the lights and get with it. I'll use this thread to make daily posting and search for advise. So heres to happy growing

BlueBear
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Cool, it will give me a reason to hang out in here a little more and hopefully generate some more traffic in here.
If you have any spacific questions start asking now.
Adieu

BlueBear
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Maybe I can put together a treasure hunt around town and hide seed packages and leav clues on here. LOL
Adieu

stinkyattic
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Damn, that does it. I'm moving back to Alaska if the Bear is leaving surprises around town... Hey, leave me something in one of the booths at La Mex in Anchorage so I have an excuse to drink too many Margaritas! Man I miss that place. Or at Chilkoot Charlie's.... strangest club I have ever been to in my life. Lots of hiding places in there! :D

gearmo
11-07-2006, 01:13 AM
I don't feel like a fit in at coot's but la mex off dimond sure I'd go to that to find a supprise. So I place 3 stamps on the envolope headed to merry old england. I'm thinking the round trip to england and back I should have my seeds in hand with in 2 weeks if nothing goes wronge. So how tall with the white widow get and how many weeks till I get budds out of it?

BlueBear
11-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Auh Miss Stinky it would be so nice for you to pay a visit. We could make a night out of it and shut down the bar at Chilkoot Charlie's.
G with the WW it all kind of depends on how much room you have, because they can stretch, but I would veg for at least 4 to 6 weeks and 8 if possible, and flower for 9 weeks with them because they are mostly Sateva, bad spelling and they will take a little longer to flower. The seed bank you got them from should have a description that says how long flowre/maturation time is.
What kind of light will you use? And are you getting femanised seeds? I can't remember what you said.
You should know that some Fim seeds have the tendency to go hermy when in flower so you may want to grow 3 or 4 out in case you have to get rid of some.
Also if you don't have alot of room hight wise then you may want to look up LSTing or if you are using a smaller light like a 400w because in all actuality those WW's can get 5 to 6 FT when growing from seed with 5 to 8 weeks of veg, and only a 1000W or a 600w will provide enough light penatration to get to the lower half. You could always veg for 3 weeks, but the yield will suffer, and if you are using any light that is 600w or greater 1 plant is kind of a waist IMO, but to each his own.

Adieu

gearmo
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Well I've cleared a spot in the garage for them the size of a tool closet. I was looking online and understand the streching of this but not sure I under stand how to stunt that. I'm go low tech and low cash on this project So I'm using some walmart special flor bulbs I'll look for the 400 w to place in my desk lamp for this. So how high above the plant do I place the light to keep from streching. Oh the seed bank says they are fims so we'l see.

stinkyattic
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Auh Miss Stinky it would be so nice for you to pay a visit. We could make a night out of it and shut down the bar at Chilkoot Charlie's.
I don't really fit in there either... but if Bernie's Bungalo downtown is still open, I'll shut the bar down there!

BlueBear
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Bernie's Bungalo? I am not sure if that is still around. I have only been to Coots 2 times, but I am game for most anyplace, but for the most part, I enjoy a bar setting where you can drink and talk without yelling and if there is going to be loud music, I like it live.
Well G, you can't put a 400W in a desk lamp. If you get any lights from Wall Mart, look for the Compact Fluorescents and get about 4 to 5 23W 6500K bulbs. 23W is the highest wattage that they have in 6500K. The 6500K is the light spectrum that you will need to veg in and once the seedling gets it's second set of leaves you will want the lights about 1 inch away to keep the stretching down. With these lights you will probably keep the plant under 2 FT if you do some LST training.
The bulbs should say 6500K on the bulb, but sometimes the package is covering the writing, but generally all the 23W CFL bulbs are 6500K and then for flower you will replace them with there 32W 2500K bulbs and this will promote flower growth.
Adieu

stinkyattic
11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
That decribes Bernie's... it's a FABULOUS place... there's a tall hedge around it, and a patio with heaters, and they bring you your cosmopolitan in a big-assed shaker. And last time I was there, the bar wench was stunningly gorgeous-couldn't tell if she was now or ever had been a dude, but so beautiful it didn't matter. I hope it didn't close, that would be a shame.

BlueBear
11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
You couldn't tell if she was a girl or had ever been a dude? Well which part was so attractive the girl looking part or the dude looking part?
I went to your states board and noticed you like to ski. Believe it or not so do I. Haven't been in a few years, but think I will hit the slopes this winter. Only thing, I don't have any friends that go, so I am left with a guide skiing behind me telling me to go right or left, but sometimes I get so far a head that they have to yell and it is kind of funny, they wanted me to be on a ski team, but I have to many family commitments and responsibilities.
I tell you, I'm too young to be this dang old.
Adieu

907PokeSmot
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
burnies is awsome! lots of couches to just chill talk it up and have a drink

stinkyattic
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Awesome, it's still open, yay!!!!
The bartender I remember just looked like a VERY tall beautiful woman.
Cool that you like to ski! The air outside in winter feels so much cleaner than in summer- I'll take any excuse to get out. You do cross-country skiing too? So relaxing when it's snowing lightly and you're steaming as the flakes fall on you! Sometimes I go in a tee shirt because I overheat so easily!

gearmo
11-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Well it came to me in a vision today. I've been thinking about how to construct my grow closet in the space I've clear. TRASH CAN yup think I'll get a metal trash can cut some holes in it to vent and hang the light and fan from the top and put the lid on it. I'm thinking a 50 gallon can should to the trick. I'll have it all put together in a week and the fallowing week the seeds should be in. 2 days and counting now. And yea Bernies is more my speed for sure. So what about plantum jacks any one hang out there. Sorry stinky that use la mex downtown.

BlueBear
11-08-2006, 03:26 AM
I went to PPJ's about a month ago, it was alright, but for the most part I'm a home body.
Also, the trash can thinggy can work, but while your plant is still a seedling, it may get a little nerv racking trying to reach all the way down and check your plant 10 times a day, it is going to seem like a gerble in a wordrobe closet, so maybe you can stick it in a cabinet for the first week or two.

Adieu

907PokeSmot
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
PPJ's? dont think i recal ever hearing a place called that around town hehe +)

907PokeSmot
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
nm i asume your talking about platnum jacks. Pjacks is all right. but yea i dont go out to any barrs that much. rather sit around at home with some homies and have a scotch and smoke :thumbsup: But snow is hear! woo! kinda cold. but still whent sleding/snowskateing at service last week and had a blast = ) cant wait till ally opens

BlueBear
11-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Yes, typo, ment to put PJ for platnum jacks..
Adieu

gearmo
11-09-2006, 04:42 AM
Yea typo for sure PJ's is a dive no dought about that as for PlantumJ's more up scale. But yup I'm a home dude as well untill the snow falls. So you went to service did you I was wondering about that. I want to go up to flat top and see how that is coming along. I looked at the Alyeska and they are making snow MMMmmmmmmm
As for the trash can thing I'm think for the frist bit I'll have it on a box or something in there. And is ten times a day a bit much? Yea I want good grow and all but I'm thinking self contain with timer and all checking in twice a week or so. Think I'll need to check often do you? Oh and we are now 4 days into the wait for the seeds. I can hardly wait to see if this pans out....

BlueBear
11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
No, not 10 times a day, but once it starts you will probably get the feaver and start to look at it like your baby. It is a matter of coarse when growing. Also, you will probably need to check on it at least once a day untill you get an idea of how much water it needs and so on. Depending on what kind of soil mix you go with you may water it every 3 days, or every 2. More than three days is a little to long. If your plants roots get soddend down with water too much and no O2 than they can get root rott.
Adieu

907PokeSmot
11-09-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL yea. once you start with it. you will just sit thier stairing at it for houres.. lol i got a lawn chair in front of mine. and like he sed. best to check on them at leased once a day. you will be suprized how fast they react to stuff.

gearmo
11-10-2006, 01:26 AM
True true I'd just like to think I have a little restaint. Although I'm watching the mail like the seeds will be here any day but knowing that I"m still a good week before they will be here. But like any good stoner this is all done with out the others in my house knowing, G/F & 12year old son. So the out come will be thrilling. Like I've said I've always found a dealer but after going to the same person now for 6 years and now getting the brush off I"m guessing he's now stopped smoking or something. Well I'm not a quiter I believe smoking pot makes me a better person. It's a simple pleasure in my life. Not that it's all that simple mind you but I do in joy good high while doing the things I do or more importantly when it's the weekend or vacation. So o.k. it's been now 4 days into this I'm thinking I'll see my seeds in the mail with in another week. To think I'll have to wait till some time this Feb to try out my new pipe I got last month. Oh well I'm thinking the skiing will be good by then. I hear it's due to snow tonight.

BlueBear
11-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Maybe I'll be able to hit you with a Christmas or New Year sack.
Adieu

gearmo
11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
OH Bear you'd be like the greatest santa class I've ever known. Well I'm sitting at home today because I called in. Not like the mail will make it today do to the holiday. I'm reading through this web page and every one makes it look so easy. I've tried in the past twice to grow. Once I spruted a seed but had now earthly idea of what I was doing and it never became much more than a weed. One other time I had a start from a friend that I kept in the crawl space that I burnt the hell out. But this time I feel is differnt. Frist I'm completely despreat and 2 I've sent $25 in the mail. A big gamble for me. So I'm realy excited that's for sure.

BlueBear
11-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Just keep reading and asking questions and you will do fine IMO.
Adieu

gearmo
11-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I thought it was a fed holiday with veterns day or something like that. I find out that it's not. Oh well still nothing in the mail yet. but now it's been a full week so with any luck they are on there way back to me. Went to Flat Top to check out the snow conditions there. Good base of snow going on up there

907PokeSmot
11-11-2006, 06:31 AM
yea what bluebear sed.. everything i learned was on this sight.. read a couple of books on it. but got more discript things i found about it hear. if anything starts looking funny on yo plants. just post it up. and someone will diagnose it for ya =)

gearmo
11-12-2006, 12:54 AM
So O.K. thought I'd try uploading a pic to see if this will be ez seems ez enough as you can see empty

gearmo
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
well it's sunday morning the sun is peaking over the chugak. looks to be another dry day with temps into the teens. No mail so no seeds but I would hope they come this week. All I hope is they don't get confused with junk mail and get pitched. I like how the picture upload works so that will work as soon as i start this project.

gearmo
11-15-2006, 01:54 AM
It's been 9 days now still no package in the mail. I think I'll call the dealer this evening and see if he's taking in calls. Can't do anything till this friday after I get paid but maybe he'll be ready by than. He hasn't had any since the beginning of Sept. Why so long when all last year he was flushed? Strange how this all works out. I just wish I could sustain my self through growing it for my self. Self reliance is best in most cases any ways. Right?

gearmo
11-16-2006, 01:35 AM
O.K. so it's now been 9 days since I sent for seeds. I was hoping today but still nothing in the mail. I'm shivering with antisapation, oh wait that's from the cold, well still I can hardly wait

BlueBear
11-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Email me at [email protected] and maybe will do lunch.
Adieu

BlueBear
11-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Also, if you do leav me a message let me know on here so I can check my mail, because I don't check that account everyday.
Adieu

907PokeSmot
11-16-2006, 12:02 PM
hehe yea mine should be due in anyday to

gearmo
11-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Yikes I'm realy worried now, been 11 days (counting both sundays) I would have thought today would have been the day, but nothing in the mail. I'll be realy freaked if I get to saturday and I get nothing. I'll send you an e-mail bear. I don't think I ordered from the same place 907 did, what a mistake that might of been :(

BlueBear
11-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Remember it is now the holiday season so it may take a little longer. Sorry about last week, will try to hook up after the holiday.
Adieu

gearmo
11-24-2006, 02:15 AM
And so it is Blue Bear. Yea we'll see, but I'm some what happen anyways:smokin:
Dealer came through on one of my many mad dashes to the store for another dinner idea. Kinda spendy $50 on a bag that was nothing big. Had to smoke in the garage so the tastes was all there, but 2 hits all is well:stoned:

BlueBear
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Why do you have to smoke in the garage??? That's no fun bro. Well at least you scored.
Adieu

gearmo
11-25-2006, 01:52 AM
And the mail came with the magic. Oh I'm so happy now to get this going. The garage is like my closet for I am a closet smoker

907PokeSmot
11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
woot awesome man. glad to hear they came in :thumbsup:

gearmo
12-02-2006, 05:40 PM
O.K. so I'm ready to go it alone. Being that I only have a limited supply of seeds I thought I'd go one at a time. Though I'd start it out in a dixe cup with some potting soil in a bag, being I've read every thing from cat litter to some like the orchid grows in. Go simple us simple things. So I'm thinking time to germinate. So I decide to try the seed in paper towel with water on the frig. Well the frig keeps drying it out. So I need to find another warm place where no one will stumble over.... Well there is my progess not much

BlueBear
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Are you putting the paper towel in a zip lock bag??? Potting soil should be loose and if not you need to think about geting a bag of perlite to add in or else it can be a bother trying to get a good watering schedule down because the soil can get kind of muddy and hold to much water and not let O2 into the roots allowing them to breath.
Well good luck.
Adieu

BlueBear
12-10-2006, 11:05 PM
What's up?? Are you going to leave us hanging?? You should be up and running by now.
Adieu

907PokeSmot
12-11-2006, 05:25 AM
was wondering the same thing!. i started mine. comeing along nicely. they about 1 week from sprout and 3 inches high.

BlueBear
12-11-2006, 06:02 AM
907 are you going to do a log??
Adieu

907PokeSmot
12-12-2006, 05:32 AM
yea i think i will. been takeing picture of em every day. ill post it up some time

BlueBear
12-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Here are two that I just started
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=94533
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=94536

Adieu

BlueBear
12-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey, if you didn't kill those seeds, let me grow them out and then make you a couple of clones after I find a good mother.
Adieu

Dizzy1
03-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Well crap.. I finally start to read around in here and I see someone did order some seeds and got them and.... and... and then what?
I'll have to finish up on my supplies and cab and take a chance it seems.
Hope it worked out, gearmo.

greenvalley907
08-18-2010, 06:32 AM
welp, still a little new and trolling a bit. saw all the bar talk and i gotta ask.. what anchorage bar do you think is the most 420 friendly? i'm a palmer boy so now that i'm living in anchorage i'm out of my element. would be very cool to find a bar where no one raises an eyebrow if someone's blowing smoke outside.