PDA

View Full Version : Torog and any other Republicans/Christians

GHoSToKeR
11-06-2004, 12:32 AM
have you ever read Stephen King's 'Needful Things' ?

If you have, then I have a question..

Would you be one of the Christians that want to impose their Christian values on others so much that they go as far as shedding the blood of others to protect what they believe in?

It's just that, you know, you support the war on Iraq, and though the 'riot' in Needful Things is only between one Catholic church and one Baptist church, it made me think.. so i was just wondering

oh by the way, the book Needful Things is awesome :)

meek mike
11-06-2004, 04:41 AM
First I would like to ask a question of you before I get into your question.

How do you know all Christians are Rep. and for the war?

Isn't it true that you want to assume that so you can still have your biast opinion about Christians and Rep.'s. Isn't this just a loaded question trying to either discredit a Christians view. Isn't your questions imposing your view on Christians, in a way you are ptotectinmg your beliefs through blood shed. Maybe not real blood shed but your starting a fight over something I see as well retarded.

Your Questions:

1) No I wouldn't be one of those, I combat/debate against those Christians like that. I tell them they are giving a bad name to Christians world wide and making it harder for other Christians to share what we/they believe to be true.

2) I don't support any war. So your assumption that "you support the war in Iraq" is wrong.

3) the book Needful Things is a great book but I prefer "The Stand"

Have you read the stand, it is an awesome book that deals with good and evil. If not you should check it out.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ and Cannabis

GHoSToKeR
11-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Firstly, I dont appreciate you insulting me, or accusing me of trying to start a fight.. I was asking a question.. Some Christians are extremely fanatical, and are willing to shed blood over their beliefs.. Also, I was aiming the question at people that support the war and are christians. I didnt say christians are all republicans, or vice versa. I just wanted to know how people can support the war and claim to be Christians at the same time. That's all

Secondly, yes I think I may have read The Stand lol

Lastly, I do not have a 'biased view of christians'. Quite the contrary. I simply don't believe in Christianity. How does that make me biased?

Imotep
11-09-2004, 12:27 AM
lol gt, how does that make u biased. :D
the stand is great.

meek mike
11-13-2004, 04:21 PM
The difference with your first post and your second post is that you used the word some before Christians. In the first post you generalized all Christians as Republicans and for the war. You do have a biased opinion on Christians because you unfairly clumped all of us together.

biased

adj 1: favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"

Rev. Michael T

Kid Dynamite
11-13-2004, 05:03 PM
I think when he said "One of the christians" that meant pretty much the same thing is some christians

Crow Shindle
11-13-2004, 06:20 PM
It has been over three years now and my mind is kind of fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure the guys who started this sh*t were muslim . What's going on isn't about religion it's about people being able to live in a democratic society. There was some misinformation presented at the beginning of it that wasn't helped by the corruption of Saddam & the UN. Democrats & Republicans voted to enforce the UN treaty that was violated by Saddam.

Stephen King kicks ass, but no matter how much of the kind you smoke- it's still fiction.

meek mike
11-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Kid-

I never thought of it that way. So I thank you for correcting that over sight.

Ghostoker-

I appoligize for the over sight. I should hav been paying more attention to the questions then thinking of my reply. Again I do appoligize and I'm sorry in both meanings of the word. Sorry bastard for picking apart you post and missing a point. And sorry I insulted you.

Rev. Michael T

Torog
11-13-2004, 06:59 PM
have you ever read Stephen King's 'Needful Things' ?

If you have, then I have a question..

Would you be one of the Christians that want to impose their Christian values on others so much that they go as far as shedding the blood of others to protect what they believe in?

It's just that, you know, you support the war on Iraq, and though the 'riot' in Needful Things is only between one Catholic church and one Baptist church, it made me think.. so i was just wondering

oh by the way, the book Needful Things is awesome :)
Howdy GhostToker,

I've seen the movie but haven't read the book.

If you're wondering would I bomb an abortion clinic or shoot an abortion doctor-no I wouldn't..but if in the defense of someone or for our country-I would shed the blood of others-but not to impose my beliefs,it's up to you to decide what you believe-I ain't gonna force you to believe anything..certainly not with the use of violence. I ain't gonna go out and beat up any homosexuals either or atheists..etc. I wanted to kill the 'man'(bisexual),that molested my 4 year old daughter-instead,I sent him to jail. I know where he lives now-but I won't stain my soul by killing him . Instead,I just make sure he complies with the sexual offender laws of Texas.

I support the liberation of the Iraqi and Afghanistan peoples from their brutal regimes and the use of force to do so,because the alternative is far worse. Terrorists and the brutal regimes that support them-need to be crushed-America and our allies will continue to do so until they stop like Libya did or until all the brutal leadership is replaced with a democratic society that no longer harms the Free World.

I support the use of diplomatic negotiations first-but if that fails..as it did with Iraq and Afghanistan-then the use of force is called for-as was called for by the UN resolution,that was passed unanimously by the Security council-in regards to Iraq..the liberation of Iraq was legal. The destruction of the Taliban,was legal as well,,because 3000 people died in an unprovoked act of war at the WTC..and that made all terrorists and the regimes that support them-fair game..including Saudia Arabia and Egypt-if need be.

I would really rather that diplomatic negotiations would succeed and that no one else would have to die on either side..but that's usually not the case with muslim jihadists.

The C
11-14-2004, 06:19 AM
I would shed the blood of others-but not to impose my beliefs,it's up to you to decide what you believe-I ain't gonna force you to believe anything.

But your forcing other to beleive what you bleieve sine you did vote your president in, You are respoinsible for his actions, and if your attakcing another country becase your rpesident told you to, then your really imposting your rpesidents viewing on the country in attack. Beucase your attakcing him for a reason, ebcause you beleive your movtive is correct.

The C
11-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Ohh and as for you torog, mabe i can poke a hole in your throat, you knwo to let some hot hair out.....
Before you poke mine out :P

The catholics church stands again the war on iraq, if you support the war on iraq, you are apposing the popes will.

The vadican marched in protest against the war.

Tiem to choose, the pope or bush?

Religion ro corperation/fasiscm, What do you choose?

Euphoric
11-14-2004, 05:47 PM
HiGh C
i think the president did a bit of tweaking till it appeared that he got the majority. it sure was a lot easier beating kerry digitally then it was to beat gore with hard evidence! hehe although a lot of miserable people did vote him in im sure it wasnt the real picture..oh well, what can ya do besides bitch about it like me?
This message is hidden because Torog is on your ignore list. ;)

XTC
11-15-2004, 01:21 AM
Ya I dont know how anyone can like Bush. He rules the country via the bible. I mean I believe in God and stuff but I dont preach about my beliefs. Bush needs to realize its 2004. And not everyone takes gun Ho to Christanity I think gay people should be allowed to wed and be as misabral as others. ( I say this cause 50% of marriages end in divorce now a days ). And that whole Stem Cell Research that he said no to after thinking the issue over at his "Ranch" Argh. I am sorry but if you dont have any live stock then it isnt a Ranch in my opinion. Everyone needs to try to open their mind for a sec

The C
11-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Stem Cell Research that he said no.

Im actually doing some weed stem research right now, mixing it in wiht my wed forming a barrieer in my glass pipe, because it has no screen right now,so ti's trapping teh good stuff on top so it doesnt shoot thorugh my lung.

Ephoric, im on torogs block list?

Or ar we both?

The C

FrenchInhale
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Howdy GhostToker,

I've seen the movie but haven't read the book.

If you're wondering would I bomb an abortion clinic or shoot an abortion doctor-no I wouldn't..but if in the defense of someone or for our country-I would shed the blood of others-but not to impose my beliefs,it's up to you to decide what you believe-I ain't gonna force you to believe anything..certainly not with the use of violence. I ain't gonna go out and beat up any homosexuals either or atheists..etc. I wanted to kill the 'man'(bisexual),that molested my 4 year old daughter-instead,I sent him to jail. I know where he lives now-but I won't stain my soul by killing him . Instead,I just make sure he complies with the sexual offender laws of Texas.

I support the liberation of the Iraqi and Afghanistan peoples from their brutal regimes and the use of force to do so,because the alternative is far worse. Terrorists and the brutal regimes that support them-need to be crushed-America and our allies will continue to do so until they stop like Libya did or until all the brutal leadership is replaced with a democratic society that no longer harms the Free World.

I support the use of diplomatic negotiations first-but if that fails..as it did with Iraq and Afghanistan-then the use of force is called for-as was called for by the UN resolution,that was passed unanimously by the Security council-in regards to Iraq..the liberation of Iraq was legal. The destruction of the Taliban,was legal as well,,because 3000 people died in an unprovoked act of war at the WTC..and that made all terrorists and the regimes that support them-fair game..including Saudia Arabia and Egypt-if need be.

I would really rather that diplomatic negotiations would succeed and that no one else would have to die on either side..but that's usually not the case with muslim jihadists.

I must say Torog hits it on the taint. I have to agree , I am republican and christian and I support the war. Now about bombing people with religion im not one of those people, I feel like people should make their own choice about religion... however my mom is one of those "fanatics" and everything about life with her has to do with God. I mean I am a christian and she even annoys me with that, so I know she is pisses off some athiests, muslims, jews, whatever.... Iraq was something that had to be done, Bush handled the situation the right way... the only thing he didn't do is have a good reason to enter the war... he should of just said Saddam was committing genocide, which he was, and that is reason enough to start a war.

Euphoric
11-16-2004, 02:20 AM
it's nice to have another Crusade against the arabs..gives you bible thumpers something to do i suppose... :rolleyes:
Im just happy im not the target :D

The C
11-16-2004, 05:02 AM
I must say Torog hits it on the taint. I have to agree , I am republican and christian and I support the war. Now about bombing people with religion im not one of those people, I feel like people should make their own choice about religion... however my mom is one of those "fanatics" and everything about life with her has to do with God. I mean I am a christian and she even annoys me with that, so I know she is pisses off some athiests, muslims, jews, whatever.... Iraq was something that had to be done, Bush handled the situation the right way... the only thing he didn't do is have a good reason to enter the war... he should of just said Saddam was committing genocide, which he was, and that is reason enough to start a war.

You can expect thigns of another country if you do teh same wrong.

Genoicde is consantly taking place in america.

Encatuse
11-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Torog - I've found I completely disagree with alot of the things you say. But I respect the fact that you did the right thing about your daughter's molester.. that was very noble of you. I'm not sure many other father's would have such self control. ((I know I wouldn't)) The attachment you added was telling the U.S. to Resolute against Islamic terrorism. Shouldn't we be trying to prevent ALL terrorism, rather then just ISLAMIC terrorism? I'm aware that Bin Laden was Muslim, I'm aware that his followers were as well, ((haha, fuck that. Islam is a PEACEFUL religion in the same sense Christianity is. It used to be an ugly religion, as did christianity. Disagree? Look at the past of christianity. But, it has evolved into a peaceful religion)) but I do hope you realize not all muslims are terrorists... ((Im sure you do. You seem very intelligent.)) Also, there have been many cases of internal terrorism. The guy who put all the mail box bombs, the unibomber, etc. I know it was terrorism on a smaller scale, but none the less it was terrorism.

FrenchInhale hit the nail on the head when he said "Bush handled the situation the right way... the only thing he didn't do is have a good reason to enter the war... he should of just said Saddam was committing genocide, which he was, and that is reason enough to start a war."

Euphoric - I as well am glad I'm not the target. However, this event is clearly not a crusade. This does not involve religion in anyway. We aren't dropping holy bibles alongside the bombs. We aren't sending government funded christians over there unless they have a gun in their hand, a gun that won't be used to enforce a change of religion, only a change in actions.

The C - Genocide is constantly taking place in America? Where? Not in the U.S. surely. I'm not naive enough to believe that racism is done away with, but genocide involves the attempted removal of an entire race in a place. Last time this occurred in America to my knowledge was when we were trying to do away with the Indians and even then our methods were nothing like Saddams. PLEASE, when you make a bold statement such as the one you just did.. put up some facts to back it up. Otherwise I'll think you're just lying/exaggerating heavily to make a shitty point, just like I do now. Also, catholicism is only one branch of christianity, so alot of christians don't have to make the choice you offered. Also, fascism is oppressive, dictatorial control. Obviously we're oppressed, we can't be completely free. Anarchy isn't the solution. Due to the system of checks and balances Bush is NOT a dictator. No president has the capability of becoming a dictator without OUR ((our chosen representatives, actually)) approval.

GhostToker - I'm not christian nor do I affiliate myself with any political party so I can't answer your questions. :D

mr chinnery
12-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Man, Meek Mike reads his dictionary alot...