Kryzco
10-28-2006, 09:14 PM
We all know that the election is coming in about a week and a half

I've searched everywhere and I want to vote for the marijuana supporters

I seek a change in Illinois and if voting helps I'd gladly do it

so who are the candidates on the ballot that support marijuana reform

Dr. Who
10-28-2006, 09:16 PM
the only one I know with the balls to say anything is Bill Maher..but he is worried too much about his Hollywood Career...

Kryzco
11-02-2006, 06:02 AM
I watch Real Time every friday, he's far from concerned about his hollywood career, every episode has had a marijuana reference

He for the legislation and doesn't care who knows it

He's even called out some closet potheads

but back to topic, I was more less refering to the candidates in the illinois election

mythin
05-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Actually, Mike Gravel who is running for president in 2008 as a republican has this to say:

"Sen. Gravel: We need to legalize the regulation of drugs. The drug problem is a public health problem. Itâ??s not a criminal problem. We make it a criminal problem because we treat people like criminals. You take a drug addict, you throw him in jail, you leave him there, and he learns the criminal trade so that when he gets out you have recidivism."

he is republican, but atleast he knows what he is talking about, he also said:
"Sen. Gravel: It sure is true. When are we are going to learn. We went through the Depression and we realized how we created all the gangsters and the violence. When FDR came in he wiped out Prohibition. We need to wipe out this whole war on drugs. We spend $50 billion to $70 billion a year. We create criminals that arenâ??t criminals. We destabilize foreign countries. With respect, to marijuana, Doug, Iâ??ll tell you what: Go get yourself a fifth of scotch or a fifth of gin and chug-a-lug it down and youâ??ll find you lose your senses a lot faster than you would smoking some marijuana."

Mike Gravel: Unfiltered | Gravel 2008 (http://www.gravel2008.us/?q=node/1180)

mythin
05-29-2007, 07:15 AM
oh didnt realize yo said illinois. I thought you meant on the national level. I mean the sooner it gets cleared nationally, the sooner states can radify their state laws.