PDA

View Full Version : seedling question please help real quickkly

HydroIce
10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
ive had my seed inbetween two paper towels inside a plastic baggy and between two plates and theyve sprouted so tonight im going to put them in rockwool cubes....
should i soak the rockwool cubes in just 5.5 water or some nutrient juiced water
and for how long any thing else i should know?

Cyclonite
10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
No nutes at all....use distilled water. Wash the cubes off in tap water good then pour some distilled on it to rinse the tap out.

HydroIce
10-27-2006, 06:50 AM
and what kind of nutes are good to use imgoing to get new
for hydroponic ice nirvana with hitrolux 600 wt lamp with caseing around it around 20 inches wide each way is this a good set up for just in a closet no bigger than 40 inches:rasta:

latewood
10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
just start off with gh 3-part and that will get you through a grow.

as stated above..No nutes for seedlings.

If you were going to soak your cubes to ph them...you shoulda b4 you popped the beans...peace make sure rockwool is only consistently damp, and not wet all the time. goodluck.

deftdrummer
11-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I just planted some seedlings too and the best method for rockwool is to boil them in water for a few minutes. You don't want to boil them for too long though because they start to deteriorate and then they won't hold water as well - or roots! You should boil them out then let them naturally dry for a few days on their own. By about 3 days at room temp they should have moderate dampness (perfect for planting the seeds) and also filtered organism free water for your seeds!

HydroIce
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
allright just planted them into the rockwool after boiling for a lil.... they are fairly wet and i have a moist paper towel under the rockwools,
should i keep them out of light still or just let the plate sit on a desk without cover?

Inspector420
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I believe as soon as the come to the surface you should have a light waiting for them.

Watch some of these videos from Isoteric Hydroponics.. They give you basic information and some advanced. Educate your self before they are ready for the next step.

http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/video/windows-media/propagation-p1.htm