PDA

View Full Version : which way should my light be the downwards way of sideways ..........................

DatFiRe
11-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I got CFL 45watt energy saving light i am trying to grow one plant it is only like 2weeks old now anyways which way should my light be the downwards way of sideways with a alumiin relfector made out of a soda can.

the first pic is the downwards way also i got the spiral one (on the left)

the second and third pic is the sideways with the relfector but instead of the cfl in the pic i got the cfL spiral kind

So which way is the best for my plant Put it sideways with the relfector or just put it downwards in a hanging postion

cronicsmoke831
12-07-2004, 06:28 PM
U NEED TO GET BETTER LIGHTS MAN EVEN 4 1 PLANT GO TO THE PET STROE AND BUY A HILAGENT LIGHT ONLY 50 WITS AND PUT SIDE WAYS OR DOWN ON IT AS LONG AS IT GETS LIGHT AND WRAMTH

duppy man
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
is that a drink can ? that is not adequate for anything to grow get yourself a proper light or your doomed to failure my freind...no offense

altwnyguy73
01-29-2005, 10:21 PM
I got CFL 45watt energy saving light i am trying to grow one plant it is only like 2weeks old now anyways which way should my light be the downwards way of sideways with a alumiin relfector made out of a soda can.

the first pic is the downwards way also i got the spiral one (on the left)

the second and third pic is the sideways with the relfector but instead of the cfl in the pic i got the cfL spiral kind

So which way is the best for my plant Put it sideways with the relfector or just put it downwards in a hanging postion

side or up no matter...props on the can idea....good thinking. These lights are best used for veg(18 yrs light) and you need red spectrum when you flower (switch your lights to 12 on 12 off to trigger budding).

If moneys tight and you want to start small...go buy a tube Fluorescent fixture and a red spectrum bulb(example- phillips C4 & L4s) for $20.00 us.
The results with added UV in your light spectrum will, to say the least...be noticeable. You see the plants main defense and protection for UV is to produce THC crystals...yummm....lol.

Down the road go to an HPS light if at all possible....the result astound you iafter starting like this....peace

BobBong
01-29-2005, 10:32 PM
DatFire, don't listen to these first two tools.. they obviously don't know jack...

as you can see i'm using very similar bulbs.. infact probably the exact same one you have there.

as you can see, my plants are doing quite well with the compact flouro's.

they've just gone into 12/12.

the only concern you'll have is when flowering you need additional lighting of the red spec. to even it out

lordsoth666
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM
I agree with Bob, CFL's are perfectly good for growing. NASA uses CFL's for Hydro experiments in space, and I think they know more than a couple of potheads on the internet... ;)

BTW the warm/soft white bulbs are generally 3000K so there is plenty of red spectrum.

altwnyguy73
02-01-2005, 04:25 AM
I agree with Bob, CFL's are perfectly good for growing. NASA uses CFL's for Hydro experiments in space, and I think they know more than a couple of potheads on the internet... ;)

BTW the warm/soft white bulbs are generally 3000K so there is plenty of red spectrum.

First off..nasa dosent flower these plants in outer space....
2nd, I am right now running a CFL combination set up very close to the one being discussed I am 6 weeks into flower and I was simple stating that although these lights may be Ideal for a veg state.... they do not produce large yeild at harvest time.....they work...but there are much more efficent light sources....that said thanks for the insult....

Garden Knowm
02-01-2005, 04:39 AM
guy 73 I don't think they were talking about you.. .. just the first two guys...
ehhehehe

Flours can grow a great plant.. but I have never seen flours grow great buds...
hps = baseball bat buds

That third flour.. Is great for clones.. it can handle 500 clones by itself.... that's right I said it.. 500.. hehehe

: )

Garden Knowm
02-01-2005, 04:39 AM
bob.. nice plants...

lordsoth666
02-01-2005, 05:12 AM
is that a drink can ? that is not adequate for anything to grow get yourself a proper light or your doomed to failure my freind...no offense

U NEED TO GET BETTER LIGHTS MAN EVEN 4 1 PLANT GO TO THE PET STROE AND BUY A HILAGENT LIGHT ONLY 50 WITS AND PUT SIDE WAYS OR DOWN ON IT AS LONG AS IT GETS LIGHT AND WRAMTH

I was talking about the first two people, with their pessimistic, asinine responses, I mean seriously you can use these lights, you are NOT "doomed to failure" by using floro's of any kind that emit visible spectrum. And as for a "HILAGENT LIGHT" I googled it and got THIS (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HILAGENT+LIGHT&btnG=Google+Search) so I assume that he means Halogen... and halogen has only one plausible use in the growroom, as a heater. The CFL's that are already in use are far better than a halogen... But anyway, enough of that.

As for the questions you can use those lights in either horizontal or vertical positions, the key to using them is to get them as close as possible without burning them... A HPS would be best if you can afford it.

Oh and No Offence intended to anyone :rolleyes:

L0rdsOth :D

altwnyguy73
02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I was talking about the first two people, with their pessimistic, asinine responses, I mean seriously you can use these lights, you are NOT "doomed to failure" by using floro's of any kind that emit visible spectrum. And as for a "HILAGENT LIGHT" I googled it and got THIS (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HILAGENT+LIGHT&btnG=Google+Search) so I assume that he means Halogen... and halogen has only one plausible use in the growroom, as a heater. The CFL's that are already in use are far better than a halogen... But anyway, enough of that.

As for the questions you can use those lights in either horizontal or vertical positions, the key to using them is to get them as close as possible without burning them... A HPS would be best if you can afford it.

Oh and No Offence intended to anyone :rolleyes:

L0rdsOth :D

lol....sorry guys....jumpin the gun....been a bad week here....drama...anyway... all the love and respect yall deserve...peace