PDA

View Full Version : Will my hydro bubbler work?

Yumans
11-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Kay, I bought a 5 gallon container, put in 2 air stones connected to a dual output pump, the air stones are sitting on the bottom of the container. Filled the container with 10 L hydrokorrels, 2 gallons of solution/water mix. Now the question is how do I put my plants in. The ones I want to put in are in peat pellets right now. Can I just put the peat pellts right into the medium with the solution gettin to it, place them over the bubbles, or should the peat pellets not actually be IN the solution, but slightly above it??? Pictures: The white stuff is perlite, the netted pot is filled with it, and I soaked the perlite with solution to start off the growth until the roots go into the solution.

lordsoth666
01-09-2005, 06:46 AM
here is how a bubbler works, hope it helps.

llamaman666
01-09-2005, 09:41 AM
did you fill the hole thing up with clay pellets?!?!

Nosehit
01-13-2005, 10:42 AM
You want to start with a 5 or 6 inch net pot. (some places call them orchid pots) It's probably not the best idea to put peat into the solution, :( that being said if thats what your plants are in, you don't have much choice. Next time I'd use rockwool plugs.

Now put some of your clay pellets in the bottom of the net pot, maybe an inch or so deep, now in goes the peatpot/plant and then fill the net pot the rest of the way with clay pellets.(clay pellets should be surrounding the peat pot)

Now get a 5 gal bucket with a lid, cut a 5 1/2" hole in the lid (so that the net pot goes all the way into but doesn't slip through the lid to your bucket)

Now take your bucket and drill a hole (just big enough for the aquarium pump tubing to go through) about an inch from the top of the bucket.
Slide the tubing through the hole, put your airstone in the bucket and attach it to the tubing, hook your pump to the other end (I personally like to duct tape the pump to the side of the bucket but this is optional)

Now fill the bucket up with nute solution to where the bottom 1 inch of the net pot is in the solution (this is only until you have roots coming out of the net pot) it should take around 4 gal. give or take.
Once you have roots hanging down the solution level should be slightly below(an inch or so) the bottom of the net pot.
And bingo your growing your very own tomatos ;)

There I think I've managed to make a very simple concept about as complicated as I can, anyone else want to try to muddy the waters a little more? :eek: :confused:

Good luck. I just harvested my first crop using this method, and if you've only grown in soil, you'll be blown away :D :D

Dimebag
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
you should convert that to an ebb and flow, DWC works best with buckets.

lordsoth666
01-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I use rubbermaid containers for DWC, and it works great. I also have an Ebb&Flow system, and the DWC blows it away, flat out. in two weeks my ebb&flow plants are 6", while my DWC plants were 9" at two weeks, and the growth was much fuller on the DWC. The DWC is also much easier on the budget. BTW all the plants are skunk1 from seed.

L0rdsOth

notanovice
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
i would convert that to a D.W.C.
easy to do, you already have all you need, as long as you have the lid to that rubbermaid container.
use nosehit`s instructions for the bucket D.W.C. and apply it to your container.
hope this helps