PDA

View Full Version : My First Grow- ALL FLUOROSCENT'S (pics)

Radiohead89
10-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi im fairly new to this site and i recently started my first grow after alot of reading... The strand im growing is Big Bud. im going with all fluorescents for my first grow because im growing in a very small space 2ft x 3ft x 7ft and i cannot afford the hid lamps or deal with the heat they put out. i started my germinatin of 10 seeds on september 23. 8 seeds germinated within 36 hours. I planted them on september 25th. they sprouted on the 27th. they are under 24hour light provided by a new wave sunsystem 2ft x 4 lamp 96 watt hiogh output fixture that has 4 6500k bulbs in it for vegging.heres pics of them as of september 27th... the temp stays within 70-80 degrees farenheit, the humidity is always around 55-63%, they are being waterd as needed with distilled water.

Radiohead89
10-03-2006, 03:10 AM
on october 1 i transplanted my 5 best plants, because that is all i have room for. i had to transplant so early because they were in those clear cups as u can see and algae started to form all around. well here are my plants as of today (day 8 of veg), i added 4 more 42 watt cfl's they each put out 2600 lumens but are 3000k. Any advice on my grow??? How is it looking?

I will be updating this thread daily from now on, until the end of my grow.

Weedhound
10-03-2006, 06:30 AM
They're adorable!

OmegaVermelho
10-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey Radio they are looking pretty good man, just a few questions...
1st is that tin foil on the walls?
2nd are u measuring ur water ph, whats the ph on the destiled u´re using?
3rd ure using soil or soiless mix?

I´m asking this cause i remember the chat we had, and i know u are pretty keen on getting this done, so put all info u have, that way it will be easier to for everyone interested in your post to reply to your questions ok...cheers m8

Radiohead89
10-03-2006, 07:50 AM
yes thats tin foil lol.... i know its bad but i ordered some mylar today along with a 400 watt hps... i scrapped the all fluoro grow, hps just seems much better. as for soil i am using fox farm ocean forest . the soil has a ph of around 6.8 the water im using has a ph of around 6.6-6.7, im gonna have a problem with cooling my closet when i get my hps because i am not able to put holes in my walls to vent it so i think im just going to be leaving the door open so the heat doesnt build up. is there a better way to cool that light? how much would it raise the temp in my closet if i kept the door closed? heres the link to the light i bout . let me know if its any good. i got it with the hortilux bulb

http://www.insidesun.com/index.php/action/item/id/739/

Radiohead89
10-03-2006, 08:07 AM
i just noticed theses b/green/yellow spots on the tips of some of the leaves. they started off light green/yellow then started to turn brown. what could it be?

Radiohead89
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
They arent getting any nutes yet so its not a nute burn. maybe n deficiency?? idk... could someone please help

OmegaVermelho
10-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Thats prolly Ph being off (to high) locking up some nutes, regarding to the HPS heat issue u need to to something about that...

Build a screen:
- my sugestion get 2 pieces of pine wood or any other cheap wood u can get, about 1 feet high each and as wide as ur area, drill the set up one on top and the other piece at the bottom of your area on the inside fix them to the walls (on the inside of the door)
- drill one hole in each pieace so u can get the fans (or the duckting) on those holes
- get some velcro and stapple a few pieaces on the bottom and on the top pieces of wood
- get a black piece of plastic (i used 10 litres bin bags to do mine) staple some velcro on it to, u can later place mylar on the inside of that plastic

this way u when ur on your dark period even with the door open or semi-open u prevent light to get in the growroom u also prevent light leaking out and u can also run the fans without having to drill holes in your door, this may sound tricky and expensive but bealive me its not...

and if you are using ocean forest soil u wont need to feed ur plants for the next 3-4 weeks but make sure u get a ph test kit so u can allways know whats your water ph....Peace and Pot

mistyganjatree
10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
radio! whats with the spot lamps sitting at the bottom pointing up!
the leaves need the light from aboveto photosynthasize, if you want to supplement the lights put them above to the sides pointing down, and yeah check your ph, always ph your water! even in soil,

they look pretty, keep up the good work!
cya in chat!