PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect info (amendment 44)!! PLEASE read this!!

Nickelback
09-23-2006, 04:26 PM
It has been stated by at least one individual on this board that the upcoming referendum for legalizing marijuana will do so for all people, including those 'under the age of 21'. This is not true! The post I saw was by someone who has only posted once. My initial thought is that this is disinformation to make you think it is a lost cause, and to cause you to blow off going to the voting booth. Please vote!! Here (below) is a link to a description of the issue. The new law would apply to only those 21 and older, should the referendum succeed. If you have told anyone otherwise, please tell them the info is dead WRONG. The very line of the amendment's description says this (21 or older) LOUD and CLEAR.

Don't let disinformation cause you to stay home on voting day!!!! Apathy is the enemy's deadliest tool.

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/lcsstaff/bluebook/06Amendment44fiscalnote.pdf

Storm Crow
09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Yep! There are a lot of big fat lies being tossed around in Colorado! So get off of your arses and get registered to vote! Refute their lies by becoming active! If you aren't registered to vote, pop over to Hightimes.com--they have a "Register to vote" button on the right side of their page, shouldn't take you longer than to smoke a joint. (In fact, it might be a nice political statement to burn one while registering! lol I always go to the polls stoned as possible!) Anyway, kids, VOTE! Don't become a cliche' (an apathetic pothead). Vote like your future depended on it- because it does! Every state and city that puts pot as the lowest priority, allows the use of MMJ, or out-and out decriminalizes cannabis brings us closer to our goal. And it only happens if you vote and be active. Free the Weed!

Storm Crow
09-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Yep! There are a lot of big fat lies being tossed around in Colorado! So get off of your arses and get registered to vote! Refute their lies by becoming active! If you aren't registered to vote, pop over to Hightimes.com--they have a "Register to vote" button on the right side of their page, shouldn't take you longer than to smoke a joint. (In fact, it might be a nice political statement to burn one while registering! lol I always go to the polls stoned as possible!) Anyway, kids, VOTE! Don't become a cliche' (an apathetic pothead). Vote like your future depended on it- because it does! Every state and city that puts pot as the lowest priority, allows the use of MMJ, or out-and out decriminalizes cannabis brings us closer to our goal. And it only happens if you vote and be active. Free the Weed!:thumbsup:

HIGHlandsRancher
09-27-2006, 05:36 AM
hey- my bad. was listening to political talk show (am 630) and they were discussing it. they said anyway over 15 when they were discussing it....and no, i wasnt high. apologize for any misinformation i spread but i thought it was reliable. was going to vote for it anyway, and make my gf do the same.

vileoxidation
10-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Okay, here's the thing: the way the amendment is worded misleads people into thinking that the fifteen-year-old thing is true, even though its not. The people at NORML tried to get the state to change the wording, but they said no: "House Minority Leader Mike May, R-Parker, told Tvert that 'itâ??s not our responsibility to fix your poorly worded amendment.'"

Read more http://www.mapinc.org/newsnorml/v06/n1276/a04.html there.

Or http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?id=9805 there, if you want more to read.

So basically, the government is being itself and purposely miswording the amendment. Ugh.

iBongMac
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Hello, Folks!

I'm new here, and from the denver/boulder area... just wanted to chip in and encourage ALL TO VOTE... my life-partner and I will BOTH be doing so!! We're in search of green (having no connections), and though I read all over how easy it's supposed to be to find in Boulder, I just don't know how to find it.

It's just plain nuts that I can't buy it legally, but I digress...

So yes yes yes, please EVERYONE get out & VOTE!!

Cheers, all!

blueberryyumyum
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone, I'm not even from Colordao, but you all better vote YES, please! Let people decide what they want to do for themselves. Don't be influenced by the bullshit that is released trying to demean marijuana. It's clear that recreational use of marijuana has no negative affects. If it becomes legalized, I'm moving! haha USE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE WISELY! If Colorado legalizes it, then other states will soon too, DO IT!

Nickelback
10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Yo HIGHlandsRancher:

Sorry to jump the gun, and assume you intended disinformation. Apologies :-)

I was in radio for many years. One thing to keep in mind in regard to radio and tv is they are only concerned with advertising. If you tune out, it is not in theyâ??re best interest. If they get some garbage-spouting clown on their talk show, theyâ??ll wait to discredit him or her till the end. Even though there may be information that makes the clownâ??s argument pointless, they would rather they get as many people pissed-off in the meantime. The mentality is that pissed off people donâ??t tune outâ?¦they stick around through the â??advertisingâ??. Ultimately, they do not even have to discredit the person on a talk show. Not their responsibility. Only in the case of a story. Newspapers do the same thing. They string you out over the course of several pages of Sears underwear ads, till you get to some small detail(s) at the end, which reduces the weight of the story. But, what do they care? Ultimately, reported all the info, even though it was crafted to get you to look at all the ads.

The most effective way to get the news (most info/shortest time) is the web. But, even the web has its caveats,like all that flashing shit, scattered around the screen. Also, web based news providers like Fox News, CNN do the same thing on the web as they do on television.