PDA

View Full Version : what will happen when we die?

Imotep
10-26-2004, 04:17 AM
i think i will pass out and thats it.
dreamless
wakeless
sleep.
was-
then was'nt.

when my body is burned it'll return its elements to the universe from whence it came as carbon and other bits and pieces, to become a bit of tree, of ocean, of toenail on a goat, etc.

may seem morbid, but i think its quite grand to have my body dissapate.
best would be to be buried under a really big tree.
second best would to be thrown into the sea to be eaten by fishes.

i would like my skull cleaned and used as a candle holder or an ashtray or other cool coffee table ornament.

buddha
10-26-2004, 05:40 AM
You said it better than most could wish to.

GHoSToKeR
10-26-2004, 07:42 AM
You said it better than most could wish to.
right..

But I don't think I want my head used as a candle holder... maybe used as a bong, instead? You could, like, turn it upside down, fill it with water.. and nah, forget it, my head wouldn't make a good bong :(

psychocat
10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
There will be more drugs for those still alive!

holotrope
10-26-2004, 02:30 PM
that's a bit bleak, Imotep. I like to believe in the immortal spirit/mind/soul or whatever you want to call it. For me, this body is just a vessel to carry me through this life (which is a short lesson) and when it expires, I'll hopefully have learned my lesson, and be ready to move on to a higher state. If not, I guess I'll be back in a little while in a different time and place, with different worries and tests, to try and learn whatever's left.
Peace

Imotep
10-26-2004, 02:37 PM
yeah thats cool.
i will be stoked if theres an afterlife
fantastic choirs of many-eyed beasts of wisom
as long as its not hellish, coz cool as it would be it may hurt
but i do like sleep. :)

GHoSToKeR
10-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Holotrope, I would like to believe in an eternal afterlife: angels; white clouds; britney spears lezzing off with christina aguilera; you know, heaven!! :D

The problem is, there's no proof of an afterlife, so all we know is that we die and that's it, and that's all i'm gonna believe until somebody proves otherwise

It's sad, and somewhat bleak, I know, but it's what I believe.. it's what we all should believe, I guess, until someone proves otherwise

maryjanemama
10-26-2004, 08:40 PM
I want to be cremated, put in an urn with a curse on whoever loses my ashes. So, someday when my future family members are living on the moon, one of their friends can point to the urn and say, "What's that?"

Future family member, "Oh, they're the ashes of my crazy great, great ,great, great, great aunt Mary! Careful! Don't touch!"

The only problem I can think of is how will they know that they will be cursed if they lose my ashes if I'm not alive to tell them about it? Ok, wait, 2 probelms, I don't know how to put a curse on anyone...it'll have to be a pretend curse, I guess.

buddha
10-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Life after death doesnt make much sense to me. Because its really life after life why would we live through this just to be with a god we started with. The only people i have met who really believe in life after this one is people who live a shitty life, because they spend so much time trying to follow stupid laws set up by world wide religions so the longer they are in the more they hate this life and want a next one to be "perfect" with god. People like my self who try hard against these pitiful ingrates to live a happy life for MYSELF, not an imaginary character, accept how great this life is and can begin to be open to real truth about god. There is none. One more thing to think about we have never found anything perfect in this universe not one thing but some how we think there is this perfect being out there who made all this. Ok fine, but then why would this almighty and PERFECT(think about what this word means its almost hard to imagine) make everything far from perfect?

Lulu
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
There have been documented cases of 'Reincarnation' some of which are very hard to dismiss. The one that springs straight to mind is Arthur Flowerdew, an old guy from Norfolk, England.

He had visions throughout his entire life of a great city surrounded by a desert. The most frequent one he had was about a temple carved out of a cliff.

Then by chance he saw a BBC documentary about Petra, ancient city in Jordan. He talked to the BBC and afterwards the Jordanian government offered to fly him out there.

The BBC did a pre-visit film where Arthur was interviewed by a world authority and author of books on Petra, so as to compare it to what would be seen in Jordan.

He singled out three places in his vision of Petra, a curious volcano-shaped rock, a small temple where he believe he had been killed and an unusual structure in the city that was well known to archaeologists, but for which they could find no function. The Petra expert could recall no such rock and doubted that it was there. But when he showed him a pic of the area of the city where the temple had stood, Arthur pointed out the exact site. Then he calmly explained the purpose of the structure as the guard house in which he had served as a soldier 2000years before.

On his approach to the city Arthur was able to point out the mysterious rock and once in the city he went straight to the guard room without glancing at a map and demonstrated how the check-in system for guards was used. Finally he went to the spot where he said he's been killed by an enemy sword. He was also able to to locate and purpose a number of unexcavated structures on the site. The expert who accompanied him said there was no way the man had the capacity to be a fraud on that scale. :cool:

Hey Folks, makes you wonder, eh?

Lulu
10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Have to add this link though :o

Lulu
10-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Have to add this link though :o
Ooops ~lol~
Apologies, am a little stoned :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/400226.stm

Imotep
10-27-2004, 02:21 AM
ah yes, I imotep destroyer of worlds remember slaying that worm :D

its a bit simplsitic to think we know it all aye?
tell a 15th century genius about bacteria and he'd think you were crazy.
we're forever gonna be figuring out new stuff.

holotrope
10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
As well as what lulu said, there are TONS of documented cases of people who have been regressed under hypnosis (in many cases accidentally) to a past life. Regression therapy was originally used to help people uncover suppressed or lost childhood memories, but every once in a while, people would be told to go back in time, and would all of a sudden start describing an entirely different lifetime in a different time, place, body, etc. The consistency among these reports is overwhelming. Especially when a lot of it deals with the "between-life" stages. I guess that's really what made me believe in it, even though i've always had a sneaking suspicion that there was more TO this life because there is more THAN this life. Religions manage to touch on a lot of fundamental points I have, but none of my beliefs about death have really come from religious faith, just my own convictions and evidence that fits with them. I can't say for sure that i'm right, but i like to believe it, and I guess we all just go through life on what we like to believe, not what's really true, so it's as good an answer for me as any.
Peace

Josh David
10-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Oh brother, such a can of worms. Well, 6 billion years of biological engineering and here I sit kinda feelin used by the side effects of reality. Has anyone read be here now? not that I have read it but it was somewhat a book of hippie interest back in the 6o's.

tufguy5150
10-30-2004, 09:18 PM
My final wishes....to be cremated and deposited into douche bottles so Im still getting it.....it....you know?

tuffywallace
11-09-2004, 12:36 PM
I died in a dream once and it was the best feeling ever...
I was some sort of Blue Goo and I dripped from one petrie dish down to another. And that was it!
It was the best feeling I've ever felt and reassured me that death will be great!
This was probably 10 years ago and I still think about it.

Live life however you like.

jacquelyne
11-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Well i believe that when u die your spirit leaves your body and you continue to exist on earth as a soul but with no physical body and people cant see you but other spirits can.Have u ever like left your body when u were asleep ? I have and the feelings i get when it happens is i feel like ive died and am slowly leaving my body and projecting towards the roof.The first time i did it i was shit scared because i was kinda invisible facing the ground and about a meter above my bed looking down at myself sleeping.I finally woke myself up by shaking my head and slowly went back down into my body.Thats why i think when one dies they stay wandering around.
I am stoned rite now so i probably dragged on a bit.

Lovinhigh
11-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Hey, when you're dead you're not gonna care what the hell is going on, so why all the fuss about what's gonna happen after we die? Concern should be for the living. I've been around people who always contemplate about the "end days" the "second coming of christ", "armaggendon"(sp) or whatever. Why give a shit?? People should spend less mind time about death and more about how to live a good life.

GHoSToKeR
11-17-2004, 03:58 AM
right on!

The C
11-17-2004, 05:33 AM
may seem morbid, but i think its quite grand to have my body dissapate.
best would be to be buried under a really big tree.
second best would to be thrown into the sea to be eaten by fishes.

How abotu a cannibus tree and get smoked, by kids of future genrations!

Have your spirit in thier head!

Exit light Enter night! Take my hand, up crazy spirit land!!!

Encatuse
11-17-2004, 07:10 AM
I believe in reincarnation. It doesn't make sense anymore then anything else does. Science is a religion. It's all faith. Everything is a question. The more you question the less things make sense. -shrugs- There's just a point where you gotta quit going crazy trying to figure shit out and say fuck it. After the initial fuck it you can either keep on fucking it, or you can pick a belief and stick with it. Mold yourself around those beliefs and ideals and then be satisfied. That's all I can hope to do.

The C
11-17-2004, 07:23 AM
. Mold yourself around those beliefs and ideals and then be satisfied. That's all I can hope to do.
Reply With Quote.

I dunno mabe your making less of your potential buy molding yourself to those bleifes, ii bleive that the discovery is the journey that enver end,s and i jst liek to keep on trying to figure stuff out, just for the fun of it all.

Kinda liek gorwing yourself.. lieka plant.

The C

Looker
02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
AHHH ITS ALL CRAP......

YOU JUST DIE AND BECOME WORM FOOD.....

SuburbanLife224
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
AHHH ITS ALL CRAP......

YOU JUST DIE AND BECOME WORM FOOD.....

Laughs. I was there once...

DreamSmoke
03-27-2005, 06:49 PM
imotep, you're very intellectual. Ever think of becoming a professor or something? Or an author of some sort?

Looker
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
IMOTEP PLANTER OF VEGETABLES....

cortezbuddha
04-03-2005, 02:17 AM
I think when one dies, they return their debt to the ecosystem of earth in the form of the ecosystem itself (i.e. in the form of usable chemicals and molecules like carbon for plants to build with). That would be my physical death. Spiritually, I will pass my soul on to Mother Earth and She will do with it what She wants. I believe that my soul, although tatered from being a human, will fuel Mother Earth to continue on. In a sense, I will be eternal because what was me will always be, whether it is me or not. I prefer to be a wildflower or tree somewhere in a virgin old-growth (or late successional) forest in the southwest United States (my place of SPIRITUAL birth). My carbon will not be wasted.

mrdevious
04-03-2005, 03:33 AM
I believe in reincarnation. It doesn't make sense anymore then anything else does. Science is a religion. It's all faith. Everything is a question. The more you question the less things make sense. -shrugs- There's just a point where you gotta quit going crazy trying to figure shit out and say fuck it. After the initial fuck it you can either keep on fucking it, or you can pick a belief and stick with it. Mold yourself around those beliefs and ideals and then be satisfied. That's all I can hope to do.

Don't see how you say science is a religoin. Faith is believing in something "just because", it's based on heresay and old legends. Science is the process of experimentation and recording for immediate, visible, and measurable results.

Funken Monken
04-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Worm food or acid rain. I liked the idea that Aldous Huxlet writes of in Brave New World about people being recycled to get the phosphorus extraced from their remains that then gets used in indusrty to power and light things

stoner spirit
04-08-2005, 11:39 PM
We could only guess. I'd rather have my body either creamated and put into an ern that's in the shape of a dragon, Goddess, or a round pot with marijuana leaves carved into it, or be placed into a moseleum in a dragon shaped sarcofigis. I believe in a spirit world, or planes of existance, where we would run into each other and other intities that are good. Those that are evil would be in a hellish place, not with fire, but with monster like beings and grotesque thought forms tearing into their bodies and ripping their bellies open. Until I have everything sorted out as far as my beliefs go, that's my guess.

Nullific
04-09-2005, 07:17 PM
I have posted about reincarnation before.
Ian Stevenson is a professor of psychiatry at the University of Virginia, his profile can be found here. (http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/psychiatric/stevenson.cfm)
He has collected over 3000 cases of children spontaneously revealing detailed information of their 'past lives' without hypnosis, such as their past names, where they lived and how they died.

moomoo
04-09-2005, 10:54 PM
i also believe in reincarnation.how about edgar cayce or sylvia browne? they have some really good books out

Nullific
04-10-2005, 12:16 AM
To me Sylvia Browne, prior, Sylvia Brown is a fraud. In fact, she is a convicted fraud.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2843/is_6_28/ai_n6361823
http://www.randi.org/jr/030504newsweek.html#10
http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/browne.html

larghetto
04-10-2005, 02:47 AM
We cease to exist.

moomoo
04-11-2005, 01:19 AM
To me Sylvia Browne, prior, Sylvia Brown is a fraud. In fact, she is a convicted fraud.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2843/is_6_28/ai_n6361823
http://www.randi.org/jr/030504newsweek.html#10
http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/browne.html
wow, didnt know about that, but she says that no one is 100% accurate. she also had a couple of abusive husbands so who really knows, i still like her she makes a lot of sense and i read some of her stuff before i had cable so seeing her on larry king is fairly new, i never liked randi, wasnt he the amazing randi at one time? he seems to be negative about everything .i find hin annoying,but thats me. Just curious: what do you think of John Edward(, the psysic, not the guy who ran for vice pres? i think edgar casey is(was) very real. they have an edgar casey foundation in Virginia beach if your interested

major crisis
04-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Hello I'm new here and... well I know you will not like what I'm going to say but drugs or any other substance that alter one's perception of reality will NEVER let you get in contact with your deep spiritual energy and force. :( because in order to achieve and be given by the Law above, other "powers" of perception that are more than what the human eye can see/feel or infer, you need to devote yourself completely to your spiritual nature. with drugs that is not possible because drugs transport you far away from reality and that is a step backwards. hmmm alright, think like this, sobriety is 0 and drugs take you below 0 so if you want to get to +5 when you are taking drugs you are pushing that farer and farer from you. I know this is a delicate subject to talk about in a forum that's about drugs, or at least one drug: cannabis. I've read many interesting things in this Forum and in this topic, I agree with a lot of stuff you say and maybe you'd like to take a look at this board

http://missmajorcrisis.proboards30.com/index.cgi

I believe you have a lot of things to explore in that message board. And a lot of websites to see, read and listen to :)
start in this topic, maybe

http://missmajorcrisis.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=messiah&action=display&num=1107301028

oh yes, and no, I'm not that person. I just picked up the name :) coz I'm a member there.

Nullific
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Bullshit.

drugs or any other substance that alter one's perception of reality
Funny, I thought all substances that altered perception were drugs.

Think about this, Serotonin and Dopamine are very important neurotransmitters. Psilocybin found in mushrooms is very similar in chemical structure to serotonin.
A very powerful hallucinogen known as DMT is found naturally occuring in many living things including the pineal gland of the human brain.
If you want to talk about drugs and spirituality, DMT is released by the pineal gland in larger amounts during birth and before death.

Smoking marijuana increases the amount on melatonin in your brain significantly, as does meditation.

Many cultures have used psychedelics for spiritual insight for thousands of years. A thing to note is that with powerful hallucinogens like LSD, DMT and Salvinorin individual reaction to the substance varies widely as if the drugs effects are customized according to your personal brain chemistry, set and setting. There is a big difference between using these substances for mere reaction, and using them for insight.

mrdevious
04-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Smoking marijuana increases the amount on melatonin in your brain significantly, as does meditation.

isn't it Seratonin? and what is melatonin? sounds like a mix between melanin and seratonin..

Dutchmaster
04-14-2005, 03:45 AM
agreed nothing much in the form of heaven i think just...dead peaceful but dead

major crisis
04-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Bullshit.

Many cultures have used psychedelics for spiritual insight for thousands of years. A thing to note is that with powerful hallucinogens like LSD, DMT and Salvinorin individual reaction to the substance varies widely as if the drugs effects are customized according to your personal brain chemistry, set and setting. There is a big difference between using these substances for mere reaction, and using them for insight.

:D :D :D
trying to justify yourself huh? and your incapacity to be happy without drugs hmmmm, It's fine. HAHAHAHA no please, don't have me as an enemy, I just said what I believe in. I know you respect that. I just gave out information and I'm not going to fight over different opinions :) I knew someone would speak those things you did; our natural normal biological structure etc, and old traditions where drugs used to help 'calling' the supernatural forces. but you see, all I wanted was achieved. just take a look at that message board and think a bit about what you find there. that was all really, because I find it interesting that a person who says being the reincarnation of another who did more drugs than all of us together would think this way. isn't it at least curious? for me it is :)

peace
:cool:

Nullific
04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
isn't it Seratonin? and what is melatonin? sounds like a mix between melanin and seratonin..
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter responsible for things such as mood, melatonin is a hormone that helps control body processes such as sleeping and waking.

trying to justify yourself huh? and your incapacity to be happy without drugs hmmmm
No you dipshit, im trying to say that psychedelics have played an important role in human civilizations predating thousands of years and to say that "any other substance that alter one's perception of reality will NEVER let you get in contact with your deep spiritual energy and force" and "you need to devote yourself completely to your spiritual nature. with drugs that is not possible because drugs transport you far away from reality and that is a step backwards" is absurd.

If you have a drug free spiritual path good for you, but don't dare spread the misinformation that drugs play no role in spiritual experiences.
Experiences have been achieved from music, fasting, meditation, dreaming, prayer and psychoactives. These substances are here to help us better our understanding of the human mind. I believe they deserve respect and should not be used irresponsibly so how are you gonna tell me that im trying to justify my "incapacity to be happy without drugs"?

because I find it interesting that a person who says being the reincarnation of another who did more drugs than all of us together would think this way. isn't it at least curious?
I don't even know what the hell that was supposed to mean.

mrdevious
04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Well, a week ago I was smoking a joint and got good and high. I decided to meditate and contemplate buddha's theories on enlightenment, and how to reach it. and after a while, I suddenly started percieving enlightenment, understanding it, in a way I never had before, on a much deeper level. I think a big part is that marijuanna eliminates all the negative feelings (at least for me), and freeing yourself of those feelings is the first thing you need to do before enlightenment.

ilovelife
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
when i die i hope to be cremated and have my ashes put in the soil/growing space for the best most potent sticky icky weed ever created, and then i hope my son smokes all of it and gives some to his friends and them blows smoke out and says "your one trippy mother fucker dad"

btw im really stoned rite now...lol peace

koshea
04-22-2005, 12:46 AM
i agree with that guy, it changes the way your brain sees reality...its hard to comprehend the existance of a god becuase we are humans. its hard for us to understand alot of things on drugs, much less the great mystery of life...i just believe in god with slight doubt but full devotion

major crisis
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
i just believe in god with slight doubt but full devotion

wow! i think I know what you mean

Marko123
04-25-2005, 11:25 PM
The concept of a God is hard to get your mind around. I mean even if you are a "Big Bang theorist, you have to think before the "Bang", there was something there to go bang and who put that stuff there?

I am a God person and I am truly humbled to think that there is a being that is so great that he, she or it put in place.

There are days when I feel "it" and other days I feel like a turd floating in drain runoff. But according to the Bible, it is about faith in the low points and it is that faith that shows your reverence.

Is there evil? Hell ya (pardon the pun). In fact, Evil proves the existance of God. Logic dictates that there has to be a counter to Evil and likewise, a counter to good or for that matter, God

So the question is where do we go when we die? I pray it is to heaven and live in the presence of God. And if Armegedon goes down when I am alive, I pray I am fighting on the forces of good and that I never deny Jesus.

Marko123
04-25-2005, 11:28 PM
P.S. I am a little stoned. ;-)

mrdevious
04-26-2005, 03:01 AM
The concept of a God is hard to get your mind around. I mean even if you are a "Big Bang theorist, you have to think before the "Bang", there was something there to go bang and who put that stuff there?

And one could argue what was before god? god was always there? Then the universe could be too.

Is there evil? Hell ya (pardon the pun). In fact, Evil proves the existance of God. Logic dictates that there has to be a counter to Evil and likewise, a counter to good or for that matter, God

"evil" is not only relative, but is only created by the minds of those who commit it. those minds are the result of genetics and environment. The counter balance is whatever society deems ones actions as "good".

I don't mean to be disrespectfull or anything, it's just how I feel. the whole concept of faith to me seems like a nice way to keep people from questioning logically. and if god in fact exists, I don't think questions are anything he should disaprove of since he can't innevitably be disproven.

major crisis
04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I am absolutely sure we come back. I know someone who has been leading a big discussion about this, and proving it. I welcome you to join the Quest if you wish, I know someone who can provide almost all of the answers we ask here. She is absolutely amazing ;) just like the beautiful plants we got here, oh yeah

:D

mrdevious
05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
My beliefs lean towards reincarnation too, but we can never be sure. There isn't any "proof" to speak of, just things that seem like proof to those who lack further information, reasoning, and in some cases a lack of critical thinking.

heartsurgerysurviver
05-08-2005, 03:19 AM
From my experiences, there is an after live, a place our spirit goes after we die. I was there, i saw it , my heart stopped beating for between 10- 12 minutes. I was technically dead. The "other" side was the most beautiful place , with an amazing loving feeling, is the best way to describe it. Everyone who i've known , who's died, was there. I couldn't go to them , i was stopped before i got there, [ it wasn't my time} . I did speak to God, learned alot, but i was told it wasn't my time yet so i was "sent" back. this was my experience , I don't have any physical proof, only the vivid memory , that has changed my life.
peace
heart
btw , God is a women

major crisis
05-08-2005, 07:20 PM
yes, God is female.

now let me ask something,
is this why Science and Church don't get along?
think about it.

mellow mood
05-08-2005, 08:06 PM
god is hermaphrodite. and when we die, we die. nobody knows

h8 n00bz
05-08-2005, 08:41 PM
christian god made man in his image, so unless god is retarded and left the tits off adam, god is a male. so there! but seriously who knows. im sure sex is no longer pertinent across that ehtereal realm whatever it may be. i hope i get to go to other planets and stuff, check out different civilizations and do what i want when i want. that would rule. or getting reincarnated as part of a different worlds people could rule too. im sure its NOT exactly like before you were born though. who came up with that? unless....maybe it is the same?

i think if you do enough drugs you ascend. like hunter thompson.