PDA

View Full Version : Interesting website- something to consider in the upcoming election- www.votepair.org

zaichic
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Greetings Friends,

Do you want to Defeat George Bush? Support the critical voice of third parties? Build a progressive majority? If so, check out the VotePair.org campaign at http://votepair.org

Sinsemilla Jones
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
I wrote this after watching an interview with Michael Badnarik linked by Libertarian Toker over on the MariHemp side of the site.

LT should be commended for tirelessly trying to inform us all that there is an excellent, true consevative, pro-marijuana candidate for President of the U.S.

There is also an excellent, true liberal, pro-marijuana Presidential candidate, Ralph Nader.

:cool: :cool:

Whichever side of the political fence you sit on, Vote Pair can help keep the guy you hate out of office, while allowing you to vote for marijuana!
Which really is what the following is all about.
:)

Badnarik eloquently and engagingly brings life to that same basic premise the Libertarians have been putting forth for decades now - Less Government, a Lot Less: a lot less taxes, a lot less interference in our lives, a lot less intervention in other countries, a lot less fucking with the Constitution.

From previous Libertarian candidates for President, it sounded like a tired whine. From Badnarik it sounds like an inspiring dream. Michael Badnarik is not only clearly the best candidate the Libertarians have ever nominated, I have no doubt that in a debate, he would have blown Bush and Kerry right off the stage.

It's hard to beat disarming charisma, keen knowledge, and honest conviction.

Unless it's never heard nor seen.

Most of you plan to make a strategic vote next week.
You don't want to be the difference that would of kept someone you deeply dislike and mistrust out of office for the next four years.
You don't want to waste your vote.

Of course, at this point I will freely admit that Badnarik is not going to be President in 2005.
The polls show it.

But the polls also show that in many of the states, either Bush or Kerry is obviously going to win.
If you live in such a state, what would be a strategic vote?
How can you prevent your vote from being wasted?

Well, if you live in a state where the outcome is decided, that means you are free to vote for who you believe in.
You can make a statement.

That statement could be for Badnarik or Nader, it doesn't matter if you believe in them.
And since they are both adamantly pro-hemp, pro-med MJ, anti-Patriot Act, anti-War In Iraq, I just bet that there are a lot of folks who would believe in one of them.

I believe in both of them.
I voted for Nader four years ago.
I'm voting for Badnarik next week.
I'm not a partisan idealogue.

I guess some would call me an idealogue when it comes to marijuana, but the fact that there are now at least 2 major 3rd party candidates, one a real liberal, one a real conservative, but both putting forth strongly and with conviction most of the same basic information on the usefulness of cannabis that Jack Herrer was putting forth over a decade ago, convinces me more than ever of its truth.

Of course, I do have the advantage of being in a state that is definitely going to Bush, no doubt about it.
But many if not most of you have the same advantage.

Live in the mid-west or the south?
It's going for Bush
Live in New York or California?
Definitely Kerry.

Can't make a difference in 2004?
Make a difference in 2008!

Give pro-marijuana candidates their best combined showing ever in a Presidential election!

I'd like to see both Badnarik and Nader run again in 2008.
And I'd like to see them both have the political capital to be heard.
And if they are heard, we might just hear about cannabis/hemp/marijuana as a Presidential issue in 2008.

Like everyone says, don't waste your vote.
;)

heartsurgerysurviver
10-25-2004, 05:06 PM
My original Idea from voting , but not for a president, [just vote for all other lesser candidates and the issues on our ballot] To:
Badnarik
The idea of a change in the next election is a good one , one with my vote.
thanks
peace
heart

holotrope
10-27-2004, 08:07 PM
hey, Kerry gets a lot of funding from george soros, who funds lots of drug-law reform, and we all know the president has to do what the money says... so what do you say, pot or oil?

peace

Rooisme1
10-31-2004, 04:53 AM
well since Oklahoma is sitting on more natural gas than the rest of the world combined......I say POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!