PDA

View Full Version : some advice plz

butterfly1776
10-20-2004, 10:40 PM
well i have recently found out that i am pregnant , and i cant keep anything down , im debating if i should smoke or not , cuz i know thats the only way im going to be able to eat . tell me all your thoughts on this

thanks

Bro DZ
10-20-2004, 10:59 PM
there are many many harmful chemicals that get into your bloodstream when ya toke. And so far no one knows how cannibinoids affect a developing fetus... so I would recommend that you just eat and puke and not be selfish and cause damage to your baby... hopefully you will get over your morning sickness soon.

but really though, no smoking or drinking or snorting or shootin up :D just my opinion though =oP

butterfly1776
10-20-2004, 11:30 PM
yeah i havent smoked since i found out i was preggers , so im not being selfish ! lol
but i was wondering what maybe some other women or ppl that are more informed than myself might think i should do , cuz yeah i dont wanna mess up my baby , and i wanna make sure i eat enough , but im sure the nausea will pass with time , ARRRRRRR! lol

litespeed
10-22-2004, 04:30 AM
there all kinds of reports on mmj and jamaica babys on this board by Dr. Russo.

The C
10-22-2004, 05:34 AM
It must suck to throw evverytig up,. im dorry to ehar that, my advce would be the whole no smokign drinking ect. speal.

I have ehard that their are no proven side affects, and mabe if u used a filtear it would help. I'm not saying i woudl do it, i would try to inform ymself more.. like your dooing :P

If it help you get hte food down, and oyu do do it for that reaosn, i woudl suggest really making it worht it and eating LOADS of veggies. Get your 7-8 a day, and at leadt LEAST 7 glasses f water, inves tina a brita filter, you dont wan toyu baaby gettting sum parasite, im not sur eif it's possible, btu the more pure the food, the better. Try getting yoru protine form various soruces, hemp, soy, whey, and tuna.
good combo i find. If only i wasnt such a dman hippocrite abotu these thing!

V-8 juice is a good soruce of veggies, thoguht i would only count 3 or 2 full big glasses as 2 veggies, it is kinda processes after all, missing elecemnts of hte veggie. Eveyr part of an organice subastance has it's possitivees. Try to get you ahnd on bluebarries, and lace that on yoru cerial.

It's expensive but i make my cerial from 3 sorucesof grain. Kashi go lean crunch... cause it tastes better then normal go lean, for my basic shizzow, Hemp plus from "natures path", and i spinkel some granola mix. containing (organic oats, maple syrup..real healthy kinds not processed, organic butter, organic dried cranbarries, organic sunflower seeds, organic sesame seeds, , organic cinnamon, andceltic sea salt) that mix is only 5.50. If u you use the base being kashi,a nd then use a bit of hemp plus and a bit of granola, you got your cereal down pat. I recoment haivng half a bannana noe day chopped up on top,a nd the next day bluebarries, bluebarries very improtant for brain growth. Sisne kasi is high fiber and eveyrthign is usltra healthy evena very small bowl is sufficiant, whihc somewhat balences the cost. Granola i just recently added. Milk in cereal is sufficent if you ahve it daily im sure for your calcium intake, but i susually have a glass a day anyhow because i liek the taste. Havbe a glass of O.J, one more "fruit or veggie" down. (if it's a decent sized glass)

I recently started drinign raw eggs, i'm not recomending it toguht, especailly wiht a baby, though if you talk to your doctor abotu farm fresh eggs and salmanella, hae can say somehting, but their tons of research all over the ent about raw foods. The more raw the healthier you'll be, of coruse it shoudl all be organice (following organic standars,whichc mis ur there are.) I get farm fresh eggss from free range chikens, so i REALLY wouldnt recoment trying it with normal eggsm at all. Big no no!!!!! To any groth hormoies which i cant say for sure, but i get the feelign it ould interfeer wiht your own hormones and ambe even your baby;s

I usua;lly have a can of tuna, with a glass ro 2 of V8 juice, or cans V to go!, wholeweat bread with peanutbutter and jam (no sugar added to peanut butter or jam in ingrediant list) An apple,, coupel water bottles when im workign susually 3, a kashi go lean meal replacemnt bar.

Super is up for gabs here.

Eventually your body addaps to eating healthy, and then you start feelign less hungry and then you dont feel the need to eat a much. We stuff ourselfves with so much processed junk, all that jubnk is why were fat. I'm trying to be helthy myself and i go on and of fthe helth wagon, so im no-one to sounds liek i know what im doing, but i genrally know qhat healthy and weahte ri do it or not is somehting,esle, but ti's my goal to eat liek that evyerdy, wihtotu gogint o the store to buy chocolate...on of my demons... Sugar! Compeltly process and im addicted!

Evenutally your body doesnt crave it as much, unless you start wanting to eat one juts cause u really juts miss it eat one and you hooked agin... :(

All i really hsoudl have said is if you use pot to get down food, amke sure oyur getting the right stuff down ther blaneced so that ambe you wont haveto eat alot of crap instead, then you wont havto worry abotu puking as often.

It may seema bit harder finface wise bt in the end oyu should end up eating less. To, and if oyu ahve the money im sur eoyu realsie your baby's worth it.

Hemp seeds a great soruce of protiene.

I don't think i know eveyrthign, im juts triyng ot explain how i do things so mabe you'll pick mabe one thing up,a dn if not, tell me somehitng cause if you knwo more i wanna know it!!

Cesar.

butterfly1776
10-23-2004, 03:17 AM
first i wanna say thanx to C for the advice. i have been reading up on MJ and what it can do to my baby , they results are pretty inconclusive , i still havent smoked yet , i wanna be completely informed before i do any of that . but lemme tell ya at this rate if i dont stop vomitting , i dont know if ill make it let alone the baby LOL,

Bro DZ
10-23-2004, 04:24 AM
I've known plenty of pregnant women (thankfully none of them carrying my child) and I can think of atleast 2 that suffered from morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy =o( Atleast with the internet you'll have plenty of resources to research whats causing it.

KillaBuzz
10-25-2004, 03:23 PM
yah id have 2 agree, make the safe choice an dunt injest any harmful chemicalz while pregnant. therez gotta b a better way 2 bring yer appetite back without causin any harm 2 yer baby.
PeAcE

Kid Dynamite
10-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Sweet jesus C...i have no objection to people spelling shit differently, Killa buzz does for example and i can understand him perfectly. But its a shame cos i think tht your post is probably very intelligent i just cant read it at all. If your gonna do one that big why dont you copy and paste it into word and spell check it?? Becuase im sure lots of us have a hard time understanding you...peace

Proof
10-26-2004, 11:45 AM
TRyin eatin some weed aint to sure if that will harm ur baby.

riverride
10-26-2004, 12:44 PM
I say hit it, you'll never know whether or not it effected the baby.

Kid Dynamite
10-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah my mum smoked all the time when she was pregnant with me....and i turned out absolutely fine. I even get to go to a special school where they give me this really cool plastic waterproof nappies that i wear so i dont have to keep changing my trousers! Sweet huh!?

Sinsemilla Jones
10-26-2004, 07:33 PM
The stress from being sick, and a lack of nutrients from not eating will hurt the baby more.

Marijuana is not a poison like alcohol and tobacco.

Don't get carried away though, and do just enough to help the nausea.

Lulu
10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
A small amount of weed in a glass pipe,
but yea don't over do it :)

Peppermint tea and crackers helped me,
nibble the crackers before you even lift your head from the pillow.
Then sit up slow and sip your tea.
I hope it passes soon :o

Congratulations btw ;)

maryjanemama
10-26-2004, 09:22 PM
OK, I'll admit it, I smoked through the first monthes of all 3 pregnancies because I'm usually that far along before I know I'm pregnant. Secondly, with my last (and final!) child I smoked the last month of or so, too. And I smoked when I breastfed them all. They are all fine. I didn't smoke like I normally would, just some in the morning. To all the haters who will throw stones for my admition, until you are puking your guts out everyday and feeling shitty 24/7, don't knock it!

Btw, congrats, Butterfly!!! :) You and that fine looking Ghost must make beautiful babies. This is your third, right? Morning sickness seems to get worse with every child, I think.

Bro DZ
10-27-2004, 06:19 AM
your pretty daring, messing with your children like that Maryjane...

there are many many harmful carcinogens in smoke that could have very well been sent directly into your children, dramatically increasing their risk for a grip of different cancers... I say don't smoke at all. Try simmering your herb in milk for a good hour then making a tea with it.

sorry for being a party pooper MJ :p but i can relate to being sick as fuck every morning for a long long time. When i was in the 10th grade i contracted some kind of virus that made my entire digestive system practically stop... I couldent eat for weeks at a time and it really blew. When i did eat, the food would just sit in my stomach and rot till i vomitted. It had to be the most horrible time in my life. I had bad diarihea from it too... the Docs never did identify the virus, but i eventually fought it off =o( i just hope it never comes back

C.BEVERLY
10-27-2004, 08:54 AM
TRY A VAPORIZER TO RID THE TOXINS, SMOKIN IS NOT SAFE FOR U OR THE BABYOR EVEN TRY MAKIN SOME TREATS WITH CANABUTTER

Sinsemilla Jones
10-27-2004, 10:29 AM
And a lot are sprayed on vegetables.:eek:

There's carcinogens all in our enviroment.:eek:

Funny thing though, all those carcinogens in marijuana smoke have never been shown to cause cancer in anyone.;)

Smoking CAN limit the oxygen supply enough to do some damage, if done in great amounts on a consistent basis, like a pack a day cigarette smoker.

But a few tokes of mj here and there aren't going to do it.

Bro DZ
10-27-2004, 11:34 PM
And a lot are sprayed on vegetables.:eek:

There's carcinogens all in our enviroment.:eek:

Funny thing though, all those carcinogens in marijuana smoke have never been shown to cause cancer in anyone.;)

Smoking CAN limit the oxygen supply enough to do some damage, if done in great amounts on a consistent basis, like a pack a day cigarette smoker.

But a few tokes of mj here and there aren't going to do it.
oh, neato!

mikeandjenherbals
11-02-2004, 08:35 PM
don't burn an eigth a week, but a hit every now and again is healthier than a stressed out mama

butterfly1776
11-08-2004, 08:40 PM
thank you all so much for your advice .! i am now im my 8th week of pregnancy and the sickness is gettin much worse , i have lost 15 lbs and still going , i did smoke a j or 2 on halloween and i felt like dancing! i also talked to my midwife and she said that its not entirely harmful , but to use in moderation. so i dunno :confused:

Bro DZ
11-08-2004, 10:19 PM
wow, i cant say I've ever known anyone that was losing wieght during their pregancy... I hope you do better over the next few weeks.

Have you tried just eating really small portions? Maybe if you just munch like 1/4 of a hamburger than another piece of it later you could keep it down easier...? yeah, maybe tiny portions all day long would work

litespeed
11-09-2004, 01:05 AM
I have found that (( yogurt )) help big time get the kind that has the Live Enzymes it helps the stomach and system some how.

butterfly1776
11-09-2004, 07:46 PM
yeah my midwife said that in the first trimester to lose weight is quite normal , but not as much weight as i have lost . but she said that i should be feeling better in the next few weeks , after i cross over from the first trimester to the second , and she gave me some morning sickness lollipops that are working wonders! and thanx again for all your advice! :D

mikeandjenherbals
11-10-2004, 07:27 PM
iowa, ur one of those "red state" smokers! hurry up and leave while u still can!!

butterfly1776
11-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Btw, congrats, Butterfly!!! :) You and that fine looking Ghost must make beautiful babies. This is your third, right? Morning sickness seems to get worse with every child, I think.

i cant believe you remember me im so damn impressed!!! and yes this will be my 3rd with his ghostiness!

its420time
01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey,...know its been awhile since this was posted but I just had to give my 2cents....

I smoked week for my entire pregnancy and had a happy, smart healthy little girl 10mths ago so for all those who say don't smoke during preg....get a life. My dr even said that there was no information and that it was better not to (obviously) but that to not overdue it and everything should be okay.

People are just way too paranoid these days. My mom drank her entire pregnancy....I'm fine...I think. Your blood doesn't even mix with the baby so I wonder how much THC he/she actually gets....

anyhow...I say smoke! :p

jones2much
01-18-2005, 11:56 PM
DONT TAKE ANY FUCKIN DRUGS WITHOUT A DOCTORS SAY SO. YOU COULD END REGRETTING YOUR ACTIONS EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE....IT JUST AINT WORTH IT. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BABY, AND CONGRATULATIONS :)