PDA

View Full Version : Say whaa??

Gothen
10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Okay, so in my school rougly.....70-78% of the student body smokes marijuana.
"Popular" people, social rejects, and all those in between. Some people are anti-drug, but they're outweighed 2-1 EASILY.

Anyway, there has been a LOT of rumors going around school that there is a List. On this list are the names of every student suspected of smoking pot. Well, one of my friends SAW THE LIST. The heading was quite simple

LIST OF STUDENTS SUSPECTED OF SMOKING MARIJUANA

And it had a long, LONG list of names. Well, he saw that one of my friends was in the top 5, and it's a guarantee that I'm on the list too. Why? Because I hang out with this girl ALL THE TIME. Even if I didn't do that, I'd still be on the list people say.

Anyway, so everyone is really afraid, but no one is really stopping. No one knows what they're (the teachers) are going to do. We think all they can do is just watch out for students who are acting stupid, and then take them to the office, ask them questions etc etc and if they're found to be acting stupid, call their parents and tell them they should probably have them give the student a drug test.
It's already allowed that they can check our lockers and, if they have probable cause, search our cars. If they find anything on us, they can call the cops.

Now, here's where I need some clerification. It is perfectly legal for them (the school) to give all the students a drug test, correct? They just have to give EVERYONE a drug test or that would impede our rights. They can't simply pick and choose, they have to test everyone. Right?

What's the worse the cops could do besides inform our parents?

One last question, on a urinalysis, it just says POSITIVE or NEGATIVE as to having it in your system, correct? It isn't a gauge to determine how much, I hope.

doctor G
10-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Many questions. I assume you are talking about an American High School. There have been cases where the school board tried to test the entire population. That one was a no go. There is a precedent for testing all participants in additional activties, band, sports, debate. Test results? well the problem with results is there is no degrees, the most common tests (urine, hair follicles, blood, oral swabs) can say Yes / NO if you have consumed recently. Definination of recently? 4-12 weeks depending on the individual metabolism and the amount consumed. I went 89 days without smoking to get a clean sample. Good luck Under 18? you have no rights for all practical purposes you are your parents property. Until you have been emancipated you don't count sorry that's the American way Best suggestion is to keep it out of the school area, not the lockers, not the parking lot,on school property you are screwed. Ah the freedom of Amerikkka , sorry America
the doctor

Imotep
10-22-2004, 04:48 AM
ahh the list.
our school had a list.
i think someone changed shools as a result.

buddha
10-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Theyll pri put a narc in your school same shit is happening in my own school same school like yours every one smokes bud EVERYONE just dont be stupid if new kids start coming u dont know dont offer them bud stick to people you know with what you do and dont be stupid in school if this list thing turns out to prove alot of those kids smoke they will crack down bring in school cops just spread the word if every one is smart about what they do and take the time to put in some visine or just dont smoke before school and it will drop for a while.

The C
10-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, and keep a clean obttle of urine in your locker, just incase.

Umm, yeha it's disjusting just keep ot clean, if they searcj your lcoker explain that u just hadda go on the way to school, emergency situation.

I dunno i woulnd tdo it, but if your a bit more paranoid then em it's an idea.

GotAMinute419
10-24-2004, 02:27 AM
they send dogs through my school and make everyone stay in class when they do it

Ed Ward MD
10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Gothen,

Yes, the test comes as positive or negative. Most labs have a cut of 50 mcg/unit. Supposedly, this is high enough that secondary smoke inhalation is not supposed to show positive. Smoked a few days prior to the test? Positive. Smoked a few weeks prior to the test, usually negative. However, THC likes to hang around in fat cells and is "supposedly" positive for a couple months.

Ed

slipknotpsycho
10-28-2004, 06:46 PM
and atleast in texas no action could be taken.....they cannot prosecute you (or your parents for that matter) for having weed in your system...they have to catch you with bud, seeds, stem, resin.....some kind of left overs....oh yea and in this case if you have a bought pipe soak it over night in resin (or your bong) and let it eat all traces of resin away....although that wouldnt' quite work if your underage lol still would be illegal for you to have a "tabacco smoking device" so i guess you could give it to an older friend

Gothen
11-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Yeah, it's an American school.

See, the problem with my school is, we're the biggest county around so people usually flock her. Mostly because the schools smaller than us in other counties are closed for financial problems, and they come here. But, I still stick to only those I know or who I know does it. The problem is, I've been really, REALLY messed up in school (I passed out and 4 of my friends had to actually carry me to my 5th, 6th, and 7th hour classes) (the first two passed me on to the last two).
It was really good because it was on a day that all teachers were in a WAY different section being taught new computer skills for the new programs being installed on the network. The substituters were either completely clueless (the old guy) and the other one won't say anything and even make excuses for you if the actual teacher comes in.

As to slipknotpsycho, how can I find my state's laws regarding that?