PDA

View Full Version : The State Fair!!

Big Calhoun
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Call me a geek, but I'm excited that the State Fair will soon be here!! When I lived in New Jersey, the most exciting fairs were the County ones. The NJ State Fair was a little lackluster, IMO. Put it like this...it was held in a parking lot of a football stadium as opposed to the fair grounds I've seen in Dallas.

So is anyone else going? I was thinking maybe a few of us in the area could finally meet in a nice non-descrip place, have some fun, get fat on fried oreos and fried pickels, LOL!!!

If anyone is interested, give a holler or you can always e-mail me.

[email protected]

onwardthroughthefog
08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Hey guy. I'll be going for sure. My wife isn't too keen on going, but I like to go. I'm not a ride guy though. I just go for the scene and scenery.

Don't forget to eat a couple dozen corn dogs out there. They were invented at the Texas state fair, ya know. Best in the world.

It would be fun to go with a group. I've met a few really good people on here, and maybe we could meet a few more before going.

Onward!

Big Calhoun
08-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Cool!! We'll have to keep this thread active and see what kind of interest can be generated!

I dunno about the corn dogs. Had my fill of them when I was a kid. When I lived in Kansas as a child, there was a travelling carny that came about every 4 months or so and setup shop on the edge of town, right off of I70. Everytime I went, had to have a corn dog. I think I've had my fill...but, everyone has been telling me about fried pickles and spiced corn on the cob, so I'm definately going to try that.

Hopefully we'll get some more people that are interested. I think with the local folks here, we'll have an excellent time!!!!

thcbuz
08-31-2006, 02:42 AM
I dig the heck out of the fair, and its been a few years since I've made it.I've already told the wife to make plans to go.we dig the car exposition.we've always been able to find a buzz or two during the day too.the giant ferris wheel holds i believe 8 per car.the weathyer sure has been nice the past couple of days.come on fall;woohoo

thcbuz
09-16-2006, 12:45 PM
bump dis thread.its getting close to fair time.

Jaycub
10-12-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.wftv.com/foodnews/9789814/detail.html

crunksquirrel
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Yea man the fair is the shit, i go almost every year
i'll be there next week hopefully

thcbuz
10-31-2006, 07:18 PM
the fair ruled this year.and I learned a decent lesson at the fair this year.go on texas_ou gameday at about 1;00 pm because the game kicksoff at 2 and the fair is deserted till about 4 or 5.it ruled.next year,be there or be square