PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Compare Repubs to Special Olympics Children

Torog
10-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Tennessee Democrats Compare Republicans To Special Olympics Children
traditionalvalues.org ^ | October 12, 2004 |

Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a retarded child with President Bush??s face running in a track race. The headline says: ??Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You??re Still Retarded.?

The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh. His opponent, Dave Dahl has issued a call to Fitzhugh to stop distributing the flyer.

According to Dahl, ??Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting.?

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh??s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters. ??At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.?

??This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults.?

This most recent attack on Republicans as mentally handicapped is not new. On October 28, 1994, while in Virginia, then-Vice President Al Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged.

Torog
10-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Dang it-I really didn't want to post the pic that goes with this story,because I know y'all will copy it and use it to bash Bush with,but in the fairness of disclosure and as a matter of evidence,I had to.

This is a horrible attack against every parent of both sides,who have retarded children,and speaks volumes about the nature of the foul and disgusting character of liberals,who would use such tactics.

GHoSToKeR
10-13-2004, 01:30 PM
or maybe, just MAYBE, this is just a propaganda stunt used to make liberals look bad? huh?

Torog
10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
or maybe, just MAYBE, this is just a propaganda stunt used to make liberals look bad? huh?
Howdy Ghost--

Yeehhaaww ! You left yourself open for this one-Liberals don't need any help to make themselves look bad-they're great at it-all on their own !

Sorry--couldn't resist...lol

Have a good one....Torog :D

sawleaf
10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Hard to tell, but that is very low if it is an actual flyer.

sawleaf
10-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Howdy Ghost--

Yeehhaaww ! You left yourself open for this one-Liberals don't need any help to make themselves look bad-they're great at it-all on their own !

Haha, true. Liberals do make themselves look bad a lot, but so do conservatives.

Torog
10-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Hard to tell, but that is very low if it is an actual flyer.
Howdy sawleaf--and good mornin..

Yup..I'm hopin it ain't true...but all indications and evidence-are to the contrary,unfortunately...

Have a good one...Torog

Torog
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Haha, true. Liberals do make themselves look bad a lot, but so do conservatives.
Howdy sawleaf,

Dang it --did ya have to point out that conservatives are somewhat guilty too ? lol

Did ya git your helpin of cookies and milk ?

sawleaf
10-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Haha, I am a little of both actually. I just try and see the good points both sides have minus all the BS. :)

Torog
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Howdy LT,

You're being a stinker today-huh ? LoL I seen what your vote was in the poll...

Libertarian Toker
10-13-2004, 02:26 PM
I'd be lying if I voted any other way.

Toker

pisshead
10-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Howdy Ghost--

bush is a un declaration of human rights supporting (remember how he compared it to the bill of rights???), open borders supporting, dept. of education supporting, mental health screening for all supporting, big government outrageous spending, gun control...the list goes on...

if clinton got up and said all of that, you'd call him an anti american liberal traitor...but bush actually does it...and you praise him? maybe you need to be screened for mental illness? or you could just wake up and realize that they're all the same, just puppets placed in the presidency by elites to lead us down 1 road...to military dictatorship.

what would you say if clinton gave a speech to the un comparing their declaration of human rights to the bill of rights?

clevemire
10-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it's not like the demmycraps created that flyer or anything. It's been around for quite some time. They're just using it.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not justifying their use of it, but credit should not be given where credit is not due.

pisshead
10-13-2004, 05:28 PM
i couldn't resist.

pisshead
10-13-2004, 05:29 PM
we should ask his parents to see if they are offended.

ouch.

GHoSToKeR
10-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Howdy Ghost--

lol, well I dont pretend to know much either way, I was just thinkin that maybe they did hand out this flyer, maybe they didnt, but youre sure as hell gonna milk this for all its worth, lol, and then theyre gonna say "look how low theyre willin to go, pretendin we made up a flyer like that! dont they have any respect" then youre gonna say "well gee, look at that, they make a flyer like that then dont even have the balls to admit it".. like watching a tennis match lol it makes my head hurt, i think im gonna go make a sandwich, peace torog :D