PDA

View Full Version : help please (bonbon)

jimmy5150guitars
10-13-2004, 07:36 AM
my plants are 35 days old and i just went to 12/12, when they were young i had a ph problem they seemed to pull out of it ok but the growth stunted for it seems to be about 3 weeks, my ouestion is each plant has several new branches 3-6 inches comming out where my fan leaves are (probably 3 branches) on each side of the main stem. The new branches have several leaves on them in fact they are producing leaves and nodes just like the main stem the plants are very bushy. any ways the old large fan leave have purple stems and are very large can i cut these? (older fan leaves) since there are several new stems with leaves comming out where each fan leaf is. i would like to cut these for space reasons would this hurt my plants? also i dont know what strain they are but the are very skunky,

thanks

notanovice
10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
if it were me, i would cut off just a few of the fan leaves, because they are the main light gatherers for the plant, and if you cut too many off, the plant will shock bad, and may die

keywestcathy
10-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Actually, you can take off all of the fan leaves, and the plant will do nothing but get bushier and the more light that penetrates down thru the plant, the more bud sites you will have. Do not be afraid!
bekind/Coloradojane

keywestcathy
10-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Actually, you can take off all of the fan leaves, and the plant will do nothing but get bushier and the more light that penetrates down thru the plant, the more bud sites you will have. Do not be afraid!
bekind/Coloradojane
www.growweed.com

notanovice
10-14-2004, 05:44 PM
i beg to differ with key west, if you want dead plants, cut all the fan leaves
off.
cutting a few will give more light to certain areas, but why do you think that fan leaves are so big. because they grow faster to catch the light to put the energy to the new growth . if you cut all of them off, the new growing shoots will not get the energy they need, and will stress your plants severely

bonbon
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
i just tie them back with long twist ties bent like hooks on each end,the large leaves retain nutrients and hormones to help the plant grow more vigorous,and they photosynth all the usable light,that creates more growth energy and healthy stock,by the way,cathy & notannovice are very knoweledgable growers,but this is just my prefered method and my opinion,so i guess it's your call,best of luck to you in whatever method you decide to use....bonbon