slowthestone
08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Rabies fear prompts China dog slaughter
Reports say 50,000 canines bludgeoned, beaten after spate of bites
Posted: August 4, 2006
12:41 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/dogschina.jpg
Tens of thousands of dogs have been slaughtered in an anti-rabies crackdown in China, with local police officers grabbing pets from their owners and beating them with sticks, a report has confirmed.
The five-day massacre in Mouding county, in Yunnan province, was triggered by a desire to reduce the estimated 2,000 human deaths from rabies each year, according to The Scotsman (http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1117702006) newspaper of Scotland.

The reports have prompted the animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (http://www.peta.org/feat-china.asp) to cancel all orders of its products that would have been made in China.

"We are urging everyone to actively boycott anything from China, given the bludgeoning killing of thousands of dogs and examples of cruelty towards animals," said Ingrid Newkirk, a PETA official.

The group estimated its orders were worth around $300,000.

PETA estimated about 50,000 dogs were killed, including 4,000 that had been vaccinated against rabies during the late-July attacks.
The nation's official Xinhua news agency said in order "to keep this horrible disease from people, we decided to kill the dogs."
Owners taking their dogs for walks saw them jerked away and bludgeoned, and other owners were offered a token fee of a few cents to kill their own dogs.

About 360 of the county's 200,000 residents have suffered dog bites this year, and three, including a four-year-old child, have died of rabies, the reports said.

Even the official newspaper Legal Daily called the killings "extraordinarily crude" and "cold-blooded."
In an editorial, the publication of the central government's Politics and Law Committee said it shows government failed to protect people from rabies in the first place. The editorial suggested an alternative would have been to vaccinate the dogs.
PETA also notes that dogs and cats â?? and other animals â?? routinely are raised in horrific conditions, then bludgeoned or strangled, to supple the fur industry in China.

Euphoric
08-13-2006, 12:21 AM
whoa good work..i thougth nobody cared then i looked through the past posts and found this! right on.

Smokalotxxx
09-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I hope they've stopped murdering the female new babies.:(
Weird people...
How can they treat animals like lifeless objects?:(
How can they eat fuckin' dogs!?:(
How can they sentence people to death for stupid crimes?:(
I'm sorry about them...

Myth1184
09-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Chinese dont eat Dogs, its Vietnemese that do

Fengzi
09-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Actually Chinese do eat dogs, cats too, but it's not very common. I've never seen them offered in any resturaunts there but I did see cats and dogs for sale in a big outdoor food market in Guangzhou, Southern China. I also saw scorpions being sold as food too which really freaked me out. Given the choice, I'd take a Lassie burger over a scorpion any day.

This is a pretty good example of the lack of control that the central government in Beijing has over the more remote areas of the country. Where this story came from is Mouding county, Yunnan province. The most remote, backwater, hillbilly area of the Appalachians here in the U.S. would probably look like a cultural and intellectual mecca compared to this place. Simple people with a simple solution to a complicated problem.

Most of the horror stories we hear about China come from regions like this, not places like Beijing, or Shanghai. the western media does a fery good job of making sure we only hear these stories. Think of how bad the U.S. would look if the rest of the world only saw stories about white supremecists, gangs, and George W Bush.

Smokalotxxx
09-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Chinese culture is beautiful, so as many things in China.
But some chinese traditions still scare me sometimes...

IanCurtisWishlist
09-08-2006, 05:04 AM
how could people believe someone like Mao Zedong? Chairman Mao can suck a dick in hell.

Maggz
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
lol some of you havent even read this, its not even about their cuisine, theyre bludgeoning innocent pets man not even proven to have rabies, it got nothing to do with chinese culture at all, just their corrupt solution to rabies that some piece of shit in an office probably thought of