PDA

View Full Version : Getting Inked while high?...

BentOnDatGanj
07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
aiight so im turnin 18 next week...my boyz are goin to get meh my first tatoo for my bday...i aint no bitch but i hate needles...i dont wanna look lyke a pussy so imma juss go wit it...

so i was wondering...if i smoke up, will da needles be less painful??...i mean imma burn it down on that day regardless...but was wondering whether or not i shuld burn before i get it done...or i wouldnt need it coz it wont hurt that bad...

CheeseIsSoHigh
07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
yeah slightly.. but they dont hurt much in the first place... unless you get them in a tender area or something... usually its just psychological

chris40
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Why the hell would you want a tatoo?

CheeseIsSoHigh
07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
because its an art form that some people like... but apparently some just dont understand it

Gothen
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
I really want some tatts, too. And I'd say it really just depends on the person. Some of my friends say that when they're high, pain hurts even more than usual. Some people, like me, think that the pain doesn't hurt as bad, and it really helps get my mind off the pain.

If you want, try taking some Excedrin or Ibuprofen or something to help with the pain, or maybe even some scrips like Vicodin or Darvocet if you're into pills.

I know that one of my friends took a Xanax blue before she went, and she said it didn't hurt because she was messed up and "forgot" she was even having a tattoo done.

Nochowderforyou
07-31-2006, 09:29 PM

Not everyone is like you and we are all different. That's why.

Moving on...I've had about $900 worth of work done on myself, and I was high everytime. :p It doesn't make it less painful, but it sure makes the music in the background better and the work go faster.

Expect pain. Some people will scream when getting done, some people just take it, but it's worth it in the end if you get something you truely love.

Good luck and enjoy the experience. :cool:

AquariumRescueUnit
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
aiight so im turnin 18 next week...my boyz are goin to get meh my first tatoo for my bday...i aint no bitch but i hate needles...i dont wanna look lyke a pussy so imma juss go wit it...

so i was wondering...if i smoke up, will da needles be less painful??...i mean imma burn it down on that day regardless...but was wondering whether or not i shuld burn before i get it done...or i wouldnt need it coz it wont hurt that bad...

Hope you dont get Hep B

BentOnDatGanj
07-31-2006, 10:42 PM
this is tha tat im gettin...im going to get it done rite next to my forearm...

When you look at it one way it says "DEATH" and then u flip it upside down and it says "LIFE" all in one drawing...shits pretty sick...

LIFE http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/kriptik/3.gif

DEATH http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/kriptik/2.gif

NextLineIsMine
07-31-2006, 10:44 PM
get drunk before you go, when im smashed I get all macho and love to "take the pain!"

BentOnDatGanj
07-31-2006, 10:47 PM

Moving on...I've had about $900 worth of work done on myself, and I was high everytime. :p It doesn't make it less painful, but it sure makes the music in the background better and the work go faster.

Expect pain. Some people will scream when getting done, some people just take it, but it's worth it in the end if you get something you truely love.

Good luck and enjoy the experience. :cool:

any idea how much sumthin like this will cost???

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/kriptik/3.gif

im probly going to put it on my forearm....

BentOnDatGanj
07-31-2006, 10:50 PM
get drunk before you go, when im smashed I get all macho and love to "take the pain!"

im gettin my tat in tha afternoon...i dont wanna get zooted that early into tha day...i wanna remember my birthday, instead of having it all in one big ass blur...lol...thass why id rather smoke up than drink coz at least i got more control ova myself...i dont wanna wake up tha next day wit a homo tat on my arm, wondering where i got it...

OreO
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
im not trying to fuck shit up, but man ive seen a lot of people with that tat, u may want to get somthing diffrent. If you dont give a shit about being original its cool, im just letting you know(dont be offended)

BentOnDatGanj
07-31-2006, 11:12 PM
im not trying to fuck shit up, but man ive seen a lot of people with that tat, u may want to get somthing diffrent. If you dont give a shit about being original its cool, im just letting you know(dont be offended)

o0 i havent seen anyone ova in my area wit da tat yet...only person ive ever seen wit it was method man...i wanna get sumthin thass creative done but isnt too big...so thass why i thought of it...but i0no, if i cant find anything i like at tha parlor imma prob end up going wit tha flow and get that tat...but thanx for giving meh da heads up man...preciate it...

chris40
07-31-2006, 11:36 PM

Hey that's great.

But why would you want to get a permanent thing on your skin that you may or may not want in the future?

Sure tatoos are a popular thing
but so is tatoo removal.

Both painful too.

dreadedben
07-31-2006, 11:42 PM

Theres a notice on my tattooists wall that reads "The only difference between people with tattoos and people without, is that people with tattoos dont care if you have tattoos" think about it.

p.s you spelt it wrong :p

BentOnDatGanj
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey that's great.

But why would you want to get a permanent thing on your skin that you may or may not want in the future?

Sure tatoos are a popular thing
but so is tatoo removal.

Both painful too.
im not gettin sum bitches name inked on meh...i juss want sumtin to remember my 18th birthday...i do want a tat...its juss da needles that bother meh...

BentOnDatGanj
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Theres a notice on my tattooists wall that reads "The only difference between people with tattoos and people without, is that people with tattoos dont care if you have tattoos" think about it.

p.s you spelt it wrong :p

tha tatoo parlor im going to has signs on tha walls that read "Cheap tatoos arent good...And Good tatoos arent cheap"...lol

dreadedben
08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
tha tatoo parlor im going to has signs on tha walls that read "Cheap tatoos arent good...And Good tatoos arent cheap"...lol

Its true dude, but you`ll feel so much better in a years time knowing how ever much you paid was worth it `cus you know your tattoo isn`t some piece of shit done by some crackhead down an alley for a few spliffs.

And the best way to get through the pain is to concentrate on something, read the signs on the walls or something, I swear to god when I do that it feels nice.

Where are you getting the tattoo done? ( on you body ) because some place aren`t as bad as others.

smokinbass
08-01-2006, 01:02 AM
DO NOT DRINK before u get tattoo

alcohol in your system will cause u to bleed more making it harder for the tattooer, colors will not stay as well and the tat will fade faster

most good tat artists will refuse to tat someone who has been drinking to protect their reputation, 'caus for the reasons i stated, the tat will be sub-par

kristinlee
08-01-2006, 01:26 AM
But why would you want to get a permanent thing on your skin that you may or may not want in the future?.

I fucking hate when people say that. you can tell someone they will regret the things they do, but can you say that you don't regret the things that you haven't done? life is way too short to worry about what is permanent or not. and our experience here is way too limited to not do something because we are afraid of the reprocussions.

I got my first tattoo when I was 15. I'm terrified of needles too, so I got it on my back so I wouldn't have to look at it. a good tattoo artist will show you the clean needles they are using. I was too scared to look & my best friend was with me so I got her to look and make sure she was taking them out of a sterile package. I think that a lot of the time after you see the needle, you start getting psyched out. try not looking at it.
it hurts a bit, but pain is only temporary, right? but like smokinbass said, do not drink before you get it done. alcohol thins out your blood and you'll bleed everywhere, it's so dangerous.
& do you mean you're getting it done sort of on your inner arm? I'm going to get one there in 3 weeks, like halfway between my wrist and elbow. let me know how it goes.

dopesmoker
08-01-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm gonna be getting a tattoo within the next few months. Needles dont bother me at all (like the vaccination ones) and i cant feel them. So are tattoo needles similar in pain to vaccination needles? obviously it would be poking into me over and over so it would naturally hurt more

JuggaloAtTheDoor
08-01-2006, 02:19 AM
*drunk guy gettin a tattoo*
"ok sir, don't move, this has to be done carefully"
"WHAT'D YOU CALL ME"
*flails arm*
*needles stuck in varius foreheads*

;)

dukey
08-01-2006, 02:40 AM
don't drink beforehand, only smoke/take meds. alcohol will thin your blood and if the tatooist is any good, he'll notice this while he's drawing and will stop. you'll bleed too much and for some this is an unecessary risk. even a shot or two is enough. my friend got a tattoo on his palm today, and i guess its very painful, even after a j.

graph
08-01-2006, 05:15 AM
*drunk guy gettin a tattoo*
"ok sir, don't move, this has to be done carefully"
"WHAT'D YOU CALL ME"
*flails arm*
*needles stuck in varius foreheads*

;)
Mine was gonna be

Yeah, I want a big banana across my stomach. You heard me bitch.

Bob the Awesome
08-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Well, maybe just get a Vicoden and take it beforehand, along with smokin? I mean, we all use Vicoden to get high, but it is a pain killer :D

infinitelyimprobable
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
its REALLY not that bad, especially when you're psyched up about it - smoke if you want to, but I'd really want to BE there for an experience like that - if you smoke a bit for pain control, thats one thing, but don't get out of your head, your first tattoo is really exciting. It doesnt look or feel like a needle, I really wouldn't stress about it - its teeny tiny and it moves so fast its like a blur, its a little painful while its on the skin but it stops hurting the moment they lift up the needle - the saving grace, I think. You can also ask the artist to do smaller strokes or lift up the needle if you need a break. I have to say, especially if you're considering changing the design at the last minute, you need to be really careful about your state of mind. It's just not worth ending up with something you don't love, because you WILL regret it every morning when you wake up and see it. Or you can get a tattoo you've thought about, that's personal, that you love, and you wake up and see it every morning.

About tattoos in general: I know that the tattoos that represent me now won't represent me forever, and that's ok. I won't always be the same person as I am now, but this will always be my past- I like the idea of having these sort of portraits of all the people I once was on my body. I'd be much more worried if I didn't change 10 or 20 years from now! As long as you're mindful about where you are in your life, there's no reason that you would want to forget the person you once were. Babbling a bit, but its something I feel strongly about. Good luck!

Nochowderforyou
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
any idea how much sumthin like this will cost???

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/kriptik/3.gif

im probly going to put it on my forearm....

Probably about $150 or so, if they charge the same as they do here.

Some of you shouldn't even be talking about getting work done because you're offering him advice to get drunk before going. If you had any clue what you were talking about, you'd know that alcohol thins your blood, and the ink WILL NOT fully stay in your skin. You'll bleed like crazy.

Just go in stoned. You go in stoned, they don't really care, but when you go in smelling of booze, incoherant, and the tattoo not coming out good, then you bitching about it, they will not take your business.

If you can't take the pain, then don't get it done, simple, but I'm telling you man, getting stung by a wasp hurts more than getting a tattoo done. Plus, you;'re getting it done on your upper, outer arm. That is tough skin up there and it may even tickle at times.

You want pain, get it done on your inner forearm or your stomach. :thumbsup:, but if you can't take it without pumping yourself full of pills and booze, then it's just not worth getting done.