PDA

View Full Version : peat pellets / rockwool transfer to hydro

runester
10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Can someone tell me the process for peat pellets...I have five seeds germinating in these and wan't to transfer into a gh water farm do I remove from the peat pellets at some point and rinse ... should I first transfer to a 4" r/w another question when I go frm rockool to the water farm doI remove the seedling from the rockwool... what is the step by step process of these transplant methods

Thanks!
Runester

Dimebag
10-07-2004, 09:10 PM
No you leave the seeds in the peat pellets and you leave the seedlings in the rockwool. removing will give them heavy shock and they could die.

runester
10-08-2004, 05:04 AM
so I just put place the whole unit into the hydroton and then I guess the roots just grow beyond the rockwool ...does the rockwool beakdown eventually?
And do I also place the peat units in the hydroton as well...are these o.k. for hydro transfer...and if so do they just breakdown? Sorry but I have looked for the info all 0ver and nothing yet has been competely clear...I have searched this forum and a couple of others and I have read Mel Thomas Can. Cult.
The best of ASK ED by Ed Rosenthal ( which is by the way a GREAT FUCKING BOOK!!I HIGHLY RECOMEND) and I hae yet to have it completely explained.
Thanks foall your help!!!

Runester

Dimebag
10-09-2004, 04:28 AM
no the rockwool doesnt break down and so doesnt the peat pellets. They both are used in hydroponics and soil less mediums. The most popular uses of these are for exactly what you did, give the seeds good germination. just place them in your hydro system after roots begin to stick out of them. Remeber removing them will be totally unnessecary and will cause shock.

runester
10-09-2004, 07:19 AM
That was the answer I needed!
Thanks DB...
You have truly helped me thanks for taking the time to help...
Peace,
Runester