PDA

View Full Version : 10 weeks in veg??

1TA2DLADY
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I have 14 plants in 3 gal. pots, MH and HPS lighting (plenty!), room temp averages 75 - 78 degrees, humidity averages about 55-60%, feeding some nutes higher in N every 4 days with plain water every other feeding (2 days). Plants are now in week 13. They started out VERY spindly and it was recommended by several respondants that I toss the lot of them and start over, but I couldn't bring myself to do it! 8 of them are White Widow, rest are bag seeds. Plants now average about 3' tall, some are about 4', some only 2', and are still sprouting plenty of new growth every day! I'm just wondering when I should change to 12/12, currently on 24/0. Only 4 of them have exhibited sex so far - FEMALE!! Also, on a couple of the plants, a few of the lower leaves are starting to turn yellow and fall off. Is this normal?? Should I increase nutes?? If so, specifically which ones............? This is my first grow and I don't want to blow it now!! Please help.......................!

stinkyattic
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
If you haven't put it in 12/12 and that isn't an autoflowering strain, what you think is females probably hasn't shown sex yet. Real hard for a newb to 'read' preflowers. Vegging for a long time is fine by me. Depends what you're going for. Training? Do you have more space than you have plants to fill it? Are you going for a SCROG approach? All good reasons to veg for a long time. OR... Are your plants going to outgrow their space when they double in size during flower? Then put in 12/12 NOW!!!
Yellow low leaves commony mean 1 of 2 things: 1, they aren't getting much light therefore the plant doesn't need them any more. 2, you're low on nitrogen and the plnat is sucking it out of the old growth. If you;re already under HID lights, you can bend them and get more light to low growth to keep this from getting worse if it's a light problem.
I'm going to say, you've already got 4' monsters, bend those suckers right over and put them in 12/12 before they turn into trees.

Dutch Pimp
07-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Stinky is right! 12/12. Get this show on the road. You are going to like White Widow(to die for).

1TA2DLADY
07-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I TOTALLY am a newbie! What I am thinking is pre-flowering is small fine white 'hairs' developing at several nodes. I certainly could be wrong!! I am concerned about the increase in size of the plants during flowering. Everything I have read says they will increase in size to about double. If this happens and most of my plants are female, I'm definitely in trouble!! Our growroom is about 5 x 8 x 8 and not big enough to house all of these if they get that big! I am already 'training' the stems to promote more bud growth potential. What about clipping some fan leaves?? There are sooooooo many very large leaves that really seem to be blocking light to the lower part of the plant. Is this something I should consider or definitely rule out??

stinkyattic
07-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Nooooooooooo! LEave the leaves alone!

Just bend your plants over. Your limiting factor is light more than space. No matter how many plants you cram under the same amount of light, your yield will be similar.

Too many females... if we could all be so lucky... consider putting one of those monsters back in veg and turning that fine female into a clone donor. Then you have an endless supply of bitches to pimp in the future.

LIP
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Put it into 12/12 now. That'll get your plants flowering.

The white hairs are called pistilles, and means you have a female.

Good luck

Dutch Pimp
07-25-2006, 02:03 AM
If the girls get too big for their space during flowering: you might consider doing what I did. I rotated half, every 12 hours, from grow room to dark room, for 60+ days. Whew! that was a lot of work. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

MegaOctane12
07-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Are you going for a SCROG approach? All good reasons to veg for a long time.

In fact the opposite, short vegging time most suits scrog, the idea is too train the strech into the screen, not grow into it during vegetative, alot of people are under the impression that the screen needs to be partly filled before going into 12/12, this is counter productive. Introducing the screen when the plants are around 8-10inches and then flowering means that you can weed out the males relatively quickly into the grow, before the screen is tangled and messy and it means you don't have to consistently train the main shoot and sub shoots back under the screen, 'training', which is not the idea at all. Just thought i'd point that out.

Jdog7000
07-26-2006, 02:42 PM
I would clone that mother and do a sea of green if I was you.
But do you know how to clone?

jamstigator
07-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Veg too long and your ScroG will turn into this...

Dutch Pimp
07-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Nice looking grow!....very nice.....jam man