PDA

View Full Version : dro kit bulbs??

Thetrippinhippie
07-24-2006, 12:04 AM
ok so i left to visit my father, and my first little babies didnt get water and died :(
so im starting another little 'batch' of new babies ! a friend of mine had a dro kit, but stopped smoking..so he just gave me the bulb to it. thats all i have from that kit. but can that bulb be used just to grow some schwaggy indoors? its a ...SunMaster SL 400w U15.VRD. thats actually what it says on the bulb..
so yes, my question is..can i use that just..to grow some indoor shwag? like is that the kind of bulb that is used for growing? just curious. please respond a.s.a.p? thanks

Sabron
07-24-2006, 12:56 AM
If its used for hydro for growing..Chances are yes it can be used for indoor growing i bet..But im not to sure since i never used hydro kits/ nor have i grown a hydro plant.

m.g.
07-24-2006, 01:44 AM
hopefully he gave you the ballast and elec cords that go with it too...

BLaQLiGhT
07-24-2006, 03:25 AM
hopefully he gave you the ballast and elec cords that go with it too...

m.g states a good point, this bulb you have cant be put into just any socket :o , I hear that it would work for like 1 minute then its fried. You need the ballast. Or you can just buy some warm light 42 watt Compact fluorescents from Homedepot (like 4 of them) and grow a plant that is much better then schwagg man. If you follow everything from this site :thumbsup: you will get some of the best smokes from the plant ever!!! Believe it...

Thetrippinhippie
07-24-2006, 04:06 AM
.^______^. TY for the info

ronjohn420
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
LISTED BELOW IS THE INFO FROM

http://www.brite-lite.com/Hydroponics/SunMaster.html

"HIGH OUTPUT LAMPS
SUNMASTER High Output HPS Lamps are High Pressure Sodium lamps designed to deliver 10% more light than standard HPS lamps. This extremely energy-efficient plant grow lamp provides more energy which is essential for optimized photosynthetic response.

Available in 250 watt, 400 watt or 600 watt versions, in a universal burning T-15 configuration. "

SUNMASTER LAMP CODE
SL.250W.U15.VRD
SL.400W.U15.VRD
SL.600W.U15.VRD

HEY BUDDY!!!! as long as you have the ballast for this monster, it should do very well being that it is "high pressure sodium" and at about 4000K' youre looking at some good "amber" colored light..

hope this helps, enjoy and good luck

PS. with a 400W HPS, you can bet on more than shwag weed

Thetrippinhippie
07-25-2006, 02:44 AM
so can I get the ballast and ext cords from home depot? and how much you think its going to be?

pastor420
07-25-2006, 03:12 AM
No, not at Home Depot. You can get the parts you need for about $60 from eBay though. You would still need to do the wiring and build some sort of a reflector.

Thetrippinhippie
07-25-2006, 06:48 AM
fuck..no where i can get that shit cheaper? you sure? well thanks anyways I GUESS XP

ronjohn420
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
fu*k that man, you should hook that HPS up, thats a good bulb you have, and its alot more efficent than CFL or MH fot that matter (for flowering) find out the ballast it needs (i.e : S35, M59, etc.) find ot on ebay or go to a commerical electric supplier (every town has one, usually in a business area) and pick it up, id say prob 60-120 dollars... my supply shop can get me a 400w HPS bulb and ballast for 180 cash (which is alittle high but....)

thats my advice for the best grow possible

you go cheap, you grow cheap