PDA

View Full Version : A few easy questions

LifetimeSmoker
07-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Can I use thick cardboard boxes lined with tin foil for a grow box?
I can only find CFL's in 2700K will these work for the Veg stage and the Flowering stage?
Can 3 Plants be ok in a 2ft X 1ft 7in X 3ft 6in,
Then 4 plants in a 2ft 7in X 2ft X 2ft 4in?
With a 6in fan in the bottom corner and vent holes across the top so the heat rises out of the box?

Dutch Pimp
07-24-2006, 01:12 AM
The sizes seem a bit SHORT! And I don't much about Lowrider grows. Sorry.

mscaboo
07-24-2006, 01:28 AM
that sounds like a huge fire hazzard

LifetimeSmoker
07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Thats what I was thinking....but didnt know for sure....what would be good but cheap material to make a box out of?? Tryin to go the cheapest (I know not the best) way to get some decent growth.

ronjohn420
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
hey man, just my .02 but.... i stick to the sayin "if you go cheap, you grow cheap as well" i would not use something like cardboard around anything electric when im spraying water, etc.... high times had a article in last months edition (i belive it was 06.2006) it talks about a kid making a "HPS" growbox with a 4ft. dresser and 2 computer fans...
do something like that, you can get a dresser at goodwill or something for like $30-$50 , gut it, glue the fronts on and set up a secured back door on hinges and "POOF" you've got a "stelth box"

but then again, thats just my 2 cents

stinkyattic
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Use an old refrigerator. Already lightproof, already waterproof, already white on the inside. Veg in the 'freezer', flower in the 'fridge'. And it won't look suspicious to have an electric cord hanging out the back.

ronjohn420
07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
hey, stinkyattic.....GOOD CALL DUDE. ive never thought of that and you can get a broken fridge on the cheap 'lo-lo'

LifetimeSmoker
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah well I live in a townhouse so I cant have a extra fridge..But I know about grow cheap get cheap. Already been pricing dressers. So I think I'm going to hold off on my indoor grow for a few months until I can get all of what I need...Might go put some seeds in the woods and see how they will do....

ronjohn420
07-24-2006, 06:41 PM
guerilla farming is always fun... "depending on the region"............outdoor pot in florida at 93-97F with shit sand is close to impossible........lol

i would really consider a stelth box, its safe and it will keep the nosy landlords out of the way......

PS... TO EVERYBODY... DO NOT GENERALIZE APT. LANDLORDS, THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND SOME ARE OUT FOR OUR ASSES, OTHERS JUST DONT CARE...

prison or pot....... its just too risky not to go stelth

the image reaper
07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Can I use thick cardboard boxes lined with tin foil for a grow box?
I can only find CFL's in 2700K will these work for the Veg stage and the Flowering stage?
Can 3 Plants be ok in a 2ft X 1ft 7in X 3ft 6in,
Then 4 plants in a 2ft 7in X 2ft X 2ft 4in?
With a 6in fan in the bottom corner and vent holes across the top so the heat rises out of the box?

1. NO
2. not very well
3. NO
4. NO ... enough square footage, but not tall enough, Unless you're growing 'bonzai' plants, and I wouldn't waste my time
5. NO ... put intake holes at bottom, and use fan as an exhaust at the top

... :smokin: ...

LifetimeSmoker
07-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Thanks guys...I'm going to wait until i get all the right stuff for a nice stealth setup..Just worried about the smell now...But I will see how bad it is when I get it up and running..

m.g.
07-25-2006, 07:13 PM
all the no's are correct but your planter would be big enough for your plans. i use #5 pots and they're not near as deep as yours is (2' +/-...if i read it correctly). save up for a nice 400w+ switchable and remote ballast (380-430 in the local hydro store here, with sunmaster bulb)) and you'll be far happier with the results

ronjohn420
07-26-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.gchydro.com/sunsystem/lig_sun.asp

this might help you on that quest for the HPS