PDA

View Full Version : did I get conned int taking my piss test after the fact(post industrial injury)?

healingdogdancer
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Hi Im a plumber by trade and a week and a half ago I cut my left forearm at work pretty darn,deep. Well I new It was to need stitches,so one of the guys I work with took me down to jobs occupational health clinic,where they stitched me up prescribed me some motrin and Keflex and realeased me back to work.I was alittle suprised that they had me go back to work,as it was such a deep cut.Lets just say I got the inside view of what lies under the skin,flesh and fat in my arm.No mention of any piss test.I was a little happy to not have to go through the humiliation and bother of pissing in a bottle.Monday morning came around and my Boss told me that the clinic said I had refused or just been unable to provid a urine sample for a postaccident workrelease test.I was twice as incredulous as on friday after the inciddent,when he instead of being sympathetic to my injury,he chewed me out like I'd done it on purpose.So Iwas taken aback and still unprepared.(I know now how I should have been prepared)Well maybe it would've been better to've refused on the grounds that three days had already transpired since the accident.I might've even passed with the first sample I'd provided if I'd realized that a strip thermometer would've done the trick. Well anyway the second sample was supposedly inconclusive,and they shipped it of to a lab in Arizona I was told,so it held from being able to work for a week andahalf,at which time I was terminated for a dirty test. Well this bit has educated me to what steps you should to protect yourself I think,(including maybe its time to get off my duff, and get a doctors reccomendation to treat with marijuana)but I would still like to hear of peoples other ideas and feedbackon that.The big thing I wondering if anyone thinks there is anything I can do legally,to at least squash the test results and maybe keep my job till I'm actually ready to changejobs.Although this is probably the time to do that.

HiGuy
10-05-2004, 03:42 AM
Good luck man! Start your own biz if poss. You really have no hope~;o( I am a owner and the drug test thing is man if a emp is injured. and if drugs are in their system (even when their cool and doing well), they have to leave. At least here in PA.

Ed Ward MD
10-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Just another aspect of the this government intruding into private lives. Even if they don't do urine samples at time of employement, if you get hurt, look for one to come. If they can brand you a "bad person", it has nothing to do with competence during the job performance in which you were hurt as any excuse is better than none, they don't have to pay. It's just business or so they say. Think about Voting Libertarian for the only real Change. :(

Ed Ward, MD :cool: