PDA

View Full Version : Flushing Bubbler Hrdro System

bizzy9
10-05-2004, 01:45 AM
I have a hydro bubbler system you don't have to flush the system do you. I have not done that since I started 5 weeks ago and plants growing inch or more a day. I thought since the roots are sitting in water you did not have to flush them or do I not know what your guys are talking about. Is flushing changing the water if that called flushing I have done that one since start. I thought flushing them meant to flush them from top down and I didn't think that you had to do that since the roots at bottom of resovior. Help me understand. Bizzy

godsbackyard
10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Flushing the system occurs during the last weeks of flowering/budding.

bizzy9
10-05-2004, 02:16 AM
You say flushing them do you mean change water and not adding nuks or flushing them from top to bottom with water.

godsbackyard
10-05-2004, 05:48 AM
not adding nuets.

Nosehit
01-08-2005, 08:19 AM
How long do most of you flush? I've heard a couple of days to as long as a week. My friend ;) just started flushing yesterday and my friends little ladies will be ready for harvest in a couple of days, will this be long enough or should my friend wait? This is his first attempt with DWC and needless to say he was blown away :eek: by how big and quick the plants grew. I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

jimmy5150guitars
01-08-2005, 05:31 PM
i would atleast flush for a week on my last grow i flushed for 3 weeks good luck

willybblue
01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey bizzy-

If you are 5 weeks in, I am guessing you mean, changing over the nutes and not flushing... Flushing is done in the very last weeks before you harvest the plant. It is just giving the plant plain old water to rid the roots of the chemicals and not making your smoke taste nasty. If you meant changing the nutes and putting new nutes with new water in, then yes, I would clean out your system at least every 2 weeks. I usually do it every Sunday, but that is just me...

Good luck...

Nosehit
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey bizzy-

If you are 5 weeks in, I am guessing you mean, changing over the nutes and not flushing... Flushing is done in the very last weeks before you harvest the plant. It is just giving the plant plain old water to rid the roots of the chemicals and not making your smoke taste nasty. If you meant changing the nutes and putting new nutes with new water in, then yes, I would clean out your system at least every 2 weeks. I usually do it every Sunday, but that is just me...

Good luck...

I may be wrong but I think he's talking about flushing the nutes out of the plant before harvest.

notanovice
01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
it`s a good idea to change nute solution every week or 2, and flushing is not only for, just before harvest, if you put too much ferts in the solution, it`s a good idea to flush it out with plain water.
but yes, flushing of the plant is usually during the last few weeks of flowering stage.
and remember, when adding water to resevoir between changes, only add ph balanced water, not nutes mixed in.
hope this helps

willybblue
01-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I may be wrong but I think he's talking about flushing the nutes out of the plant before harvest.

Nosehit-

It was kinda hard to distinguish...when I hear "5 weeks in" it's hard for me to tell if that means flower or veg...just trying to help a guy out!!

PEACE