PDA

View Full Version : now what?

newtoitallgurrl
07-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi firstimer here and grew these plants they are 3 1/2 months old and want to make them start budding. here are a few pics of my little girls:D

Weed4Life
07-21-2006, 01:44 AM
How are you growing them? Inside under a HID, or outside? cAuse if its outside I think you just will have to wait till the season changes. If you are doing inside then you switch your light to 12 hours on, 12 hours off. Wait 2-3 weeks and you should see the signs of its sex. If it is male, then you will see these balls or sacks(small and a few) where the branches are. Female, you will start to see white hairs instead of pollen sacks(balls).
It looks like you are growing outside right?
What you can do, if you have $35 dollars, go to walmart and buy sum compact flourescent lights(100w $4) and buy like 4-5, buy the dual sockets for the lights, extension cord, timer, and grow them indoors. Just a thought.

newtoitallgurrl
07-21-2006, 02:35 AM
They are outside in a green house, they are actually only 2 months old or so, both are females with the lil white hairs on them, they seem to be doing very well, they have improved 110% from a month ago as you can see in these pics below, lol they seemed to get dehydrated so me being a "retard" and all lol I gave them.... ok don't laugh... Orange Gatorade... I SAID DON'T LAUGH!:D any how they just flurished and took off like a bat outta hell, they both stand about 31/2-4ft tall. I was hoping that since they are in pots that I could bring them inside at night and put them out later in the morning?? whatcha think??? any how last month they looked like they were gonna die, but now WOWZERS!!:dance:

Weed4Life
07-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Heres what you can do. Is there a closet or somewhere you can bring them inside after they get 12 hours of light? In order to get them to bud, you have to start the flowering process. you need to have them outside in the sun for 12 hours, then transfer them inside to a dark room(completely dark) for 12 hours and repeat for 8-10wks. they aslo need a new fert. for this stage. I bought shultz bloom plus and it works great. Thats funny how you added gatorade. Atleast it worked for you. There are alot of people here that are alot knowledgeable then me since I am a newbie to indoor. Normally you would just wait till the season changes and the plant will start to flower becasue it notices the change in the weather. I think outside is probably better because the plants can grow any size.

newtoitallgurrl
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Well here is what I did, i took really big boxes, covered them with black plasic, they fit perfectly over them, they are really too heavy for me topick up and just move ya know, I'ma shorty 5.5 & 105lbs, i did try putting them on a skateboard and moving them but that was a hassle so I made this box contraption and this morning They had changed some with twisting tops and a lil bit of a yellowing color. here are a few pics. I sure hope they are ok. I am sure its nothing because it it just the tops of branches and not the whole plant. well here you'll see

newtoitallgurrl
07-22-2006, 10:10 PM
ide in a hydro thing with hps lights, think they can go straight inside and not go into shock, cuz someone said that would make them go male f they get shocked???

newtoitallgurrl
07-22-2006, 10:12 PM
ok wait that made no sense huh? what i meant was that I have some growing inside under HPS light, think they can go straight inside and not go into shock, cuz someone said that would make them go male f they get shocked???

Weed4Life
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
What do yuo mean straight inside? How many watts is your hps? Is it hydro? As far as I know, I may not be 100% right(90%), but if the plant gets shocked during the flowering stage, then it can turn hermie, thats if its a girl. If its a male, kill it. You will know in 2-3 weeks normally what sex it is.
Now, you box contraption, can you tell if there is any, any light leaks? Are you giving it any nutrients? I would go and buy sum if I were you. Buy sum kind of bloom plus for tomatoes to help with the flowering stage.

newtoitallgurrl
07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
I have 2-150 HPS lights but, I have them on hydro, these are ina pot in a green house I was just looking as if I put them inside noe changed the lighting cycle, if they would bloom early, but now EEHHH forget this growing stuff is too confusing, I have left it all up to my hubby, and I am gonna stick with my lawn. Im gonna let the two I have take thier sweet ass time and do what ever they do, I don't give then nutrients, just water and lol gatorade, orange to be exact. and they love it and are doing very well, so why fix it if it aint broke right??

Weed4Life
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
i guess. what do you two have growing in the hydro? if you brought the plant in and put it under hps for 12/12 it would be fine. I use a 400w hps and just started flowering a day ago. Heres my girls: http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?p=887619#post887619

dopesmoker
07-28-2006, 03:16 AM
make sure your lights arent too close to the tops of the plants

newtoitallgurrl
07-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Your girls are pretty, I have yet to put them inside but they are doing ok, I think I hurt one, the one I put in a closet well now its getting some brown tips on the leaves Im gonna read up about that and see what I can do to help it out. they are now as tall as me now lol I will have to take some pic of my plant in the hydo, thay are looking nice, I got a variety growin in there lol, OG cush, Ak47, snow white, and widow warrior they look good too except now allof a sudden the leaves look like they are curling up or someting, I use nutrients and all this other chemicals stuff, but since I put the HPS on them thats what started to happen I have the lights about 2-3 ft up I hope they are not getting burnt.

newtoitallgurrl
07-28-2006, 05:30 AM
here is a pic of the ones in the hydro, but as I went to take this pic notice that some sort of mold or what ever is growing on the top of the rockwool cubes, any idea how to get rid of that??

Weed4Life
07-29-2006, 03:22 AM
If you check the hydro section I am almost positive there is plenty of threads about mold. That must suck. I know you are going to have to take of that quick. Girls look good, how come sum are taller than others? late starters? Tried looking for mold on the cubes, but I think you are going to have to start a new thread in either hydro or plant problems about your problem. Sorry.

newtoitallgurrl
07-30-2006, 05:51 AM
SOME ARE OVER A MONTH OLD, AND SOME ARE OVER 2 WEEKS OLD. AND THANKS. YOU KNOW SOMEONE TOLD ME ABOUTHOW TO TELL MALE FROM FEMALE. IT GOES LIKE THIS..... FEMALES BESIDE HAVING HAIRS, THE BRANCHES ALSO GROW STRIAGHT ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER AND THE BOYS, BESIDE NUT SACK, THE BRANCHES ARE STAGGERED?? i DUNNO, AND HELL IF THATS TRUE I GOTTA A BOY IN MY GREEN HOUSE, BUT HEY I WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL AT MAKEING CLONES!! I WAS PROUD.

Tokudai
07-30-2006, 06:54 AM
SOME ARE OVER A MONTH OLD, AND SOME ARE OVER 2 WEEKS OLD. AND THANKS. YOU KNOW SOMEONE TOLD ME ABOUTHOW TO TELL MALE FROM FEMALE. IT GOES LIKE THIS..... FEMALES BESIDE HAVING HAIRS, THE BRANCHES ALSO GROW STRIAGHT ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER AND THE BOYS, BESIDE NUT SACK, THE BRANCHES ARE STAGGERED?? i DUNNO, AND HELL IF THATS TRUE I GOTTA A BOY IN MY GREEN HOUSE, BUT HEY I WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL AT MAKEING CLONES!! I WAS PROUD.

The staggered branches are not a male/female trait - more a sign of maturity..

"Alternating Nodes" is what that is referred to, and its a good sign the plants are old enough to put into flower

Good luck and post up some progress pics throughout the flowering!

dryst
07-31-2006, 09:32 AM
if u shock them to much during the transfer from soil to dro/ out door to indoor it can make a girl turn hermie...which u dont want... i heard of people hardening an indoor plant to put it out side to get it used to outdoor weather...im not positive if it work from out door to indoor though...

also if u have a male plant kill it before it pollunates ur female plants.... kill it and make it into butter :D

newtoitallgurrl
08-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Well THAK GOD!! that the staggering thing isn't true!! I only have 2 in the greenhouse and are doing so dang well that I was sooo sad that I was told one was a dude. I have not tried anymore to force flowering, too scared I will kill'em or something, but I do have a ??? what if for say one is a dude, can I like cut the flowers off before it ruins a female?? or will that kill it?? I have 2 green houses and thought that mybe I could put one in the other to be safe. I don't want to kill them I like them, and soo proud of muh self on getting such pretty plants out of them, they are now as tall as me and I am 5'5 soo moving then in and out will be a pain in the you know what. but I live in the mountains in california, and we have had nothing but cloudy days the last 3 days kinda worried they are gonna flip out when the sun comes out again, but i will have to take sum new pics cause they are looking really neat, got sum lil wierd looking tips, I think they are starting to be honest, but I'll post some pics tommarrow and show ya'll. thanks for such good news.

newtoitallgurrl
08-01-2006, 06:52 PM
ok here they are now lookin soo pretty! still no lil balls growin but do got sum hairs.:D

newtoitallgurrl
08-13-2006, 04:56 PM
what kind ok blooming stuff can I use for outdoor grow?? I think she is ready for somekind of blooming?