PDA

View Full Version : Tales your Parents won't tell you

doctor G
10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Drug Tales from my Childhood

Getting High from 1968 on......

My childhood was full of trees and tall rocks, so itâ??s no surprise that when I started smoking I took to the heights. There were several heavily wooded glades around my childhood community where we would asend ten to fifteen feet above the ground and begin to pass the joint. Newcomers to the circle were often shocked when three or four of us would swing into the branches of some friendly pine tree and head up. Some folks just would not join us and would wait on the ground hoping we would drop the joint. The rule was if you dropped it you had to climb down and get it. More than occasionally someone would fall out of the tree after the sixth joint. Our friends learned how to wrap a leg onto place and be comfortable when they were high. We heard stories from the other folks at parties.
â??...Not only was the joint the size of a Lucky Strike and sweet but those maniacs had to climb thirty feet up in a tree to smoke it..â?
What these folks failed to appreciate was that mosquitoes donâ??t fly much above fifteen feet, so the higher we were the less we got bit.
Occasionally we got stoned in the local pastures and then there were the occasional bouts of cow tipping. Cow tipping is pretty funny, unless the pasture has an electric fence; then itâ??s hilarious. It isnâ??t easy to get four or five heavily stoned individuals to quietly push together on a eight hundred pound bovine, much less sneak up on it. But if you are lucky enough to get this far then the real fun begins; getting over the fence without being zapped. The cows know better than people how much that fence hurts and they will chase you right to the edge.
Collecting the mushrooms was a similar situation, but add headlamps and
paranoia.
In June of 1970 John and I were getting stoned in one of the trees on the town green. We had climbed almost thirty feet into an evergreen and the thick branches screened us from view. After the two if us had finished the third joint, and placed the roach carefully in the crotch of two branches, we noticed the local High School graduation was set up at the far end of the green. When the class president encouraged participation in the war in Viet Nam we began shouting from the tree top â??Drop Nixon Not Bombsâ? and â??Stop the Draftâ? After a bit they turned up the PA system and sent a cop over to our tree. Now John and I looked like a couple of hippies; tall, skinny, very long hair, scraggly beards, blue jeans, and army surplus t shirts. The poor cop they sent over was maybe five ten and well over two hundred fifty pounds. He was not a tree climber, and had not climbed any trees since he was ten or so. Eventually we came down and he lectured us about our behavior and appearance. After a while he got bored and we walked away.
In a state park in the county and we discovered a cave that overlooked a favorite bird watching trail. We could cram five or six people into this crack in the rocks and after a few joints it was hard to resist heckling the passing crowd. Eventually we decided on the bird call from the old â??George of the Jungleâ? cartoon. â??Auk, Auk; EEK, EEK; Tookie, Tookie!â?
Fortunately the entry and exit for this crack were concealed and not easily found. More than a few birdwatchers looked around for the source of this unusual chorus.
We also climbed many rocks, and our smoking trails would include face climbs of twenty and thirty feet. Several of our favorite trees were a mile or more into the local woods. We would play a twisted follow the leader with our friends.
â??Want to smoke a joint??â?
â??Sure!!â?
â??Follow me..........!â?
Rick and I knew the trails like the local deer and we would bound along. Most of our closer friends could keep up, but newbees or friends of friends sometimes had problems. Rick and Jeff and I would bound up a finger sized crack in a twenty foot wall and then wait for Tom and Shaun and the rest of them. Another quarter of a mile through the swamp and then up the branches of this magnificent ancient old oak. Thirty feet in the air at a fork and branch in the trunk that provides comfortable seating for ten. Above the bugs and swamp gas we had a magnificent view for miles. With the ocean in the distance and the three hundred year old church on the hill, we relaxed with a sea of green foliage shimmering all around us.
All of this was hard enough on the unsophisticated, then we threw in the Chilum. While traveling through Asia in the sixties I encountered some monks smoking hash from an upright pipe, held between the palms. Three small pebbles selected from the path provided a screen to support the hash. It took several tries but finally I understood, this device was a She Loom (Chilum). Now I understood the purpose for the object I had seen in so many market stalls, and when I next saw one I purchased it. Back in the States not too many people had seen one, and my brother and I enjoyed springing new paraphernalia on people after they were pretty high.
My brother and I had pretty good balance. We had been riding unicycles for ten years and now we were smoking with two hands balanced on a branch thirty feet up. Jeff would sit on Rickâ??s right and I always passed the pipe to Rick first. The three of us would try to show newcomers how to hold it properly, but not everyone listened. Jeff picked up pretty quick, but then he was with us six days a week. We made it look easy but then we had a lot of practice. Eventually someone would stick it in their face and burn their tongue, no matter how many times we warned them.
At one point we came into possession of a full face tear gas mask. After removing the carbon filter, but leaving the one way valves in place, we epoxied a glass funnel to the end of the canister and bored the stem of a briar pipe to fit the stem of the funnel. We also left the straps in place. You would load the bowl with five or six grams of weed then strap this on your head. When you had it securely in place you gave a thumbs up and someone would apply a flame to the bowl. Within a second or two the face piece filled with smoke and your eyes began to sting. You closed your eyes and tried to breathe, but more smoke came in. If you coughed or exhaled the one way valves kept the bowl from spilling and a puff of smoke would exhaust from the side. Three good lungs full and you had cashed the bowl. Of course by then you might need a little help getting the straps off and the mask released. Thatâ??s why it was only brought out when there were several people around, this was buddy smoking. After a night with this monster you would have a yellow resin ring on your face.
Chaper 1, so much more to tell !

peji
10-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Hello ~doctor G~ pleased to meet u,,,do tell some more enjoyed it immensly :cool:

Lulu
10-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Doc,
That was some nice storytelling :) I eagerly await Chapt.2 :D

Edit: I ticked all of the choices btw, storytime is cool ;)

bigdaddy420
10-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Hello, Doc G. Great story, hope to hear more.

Cas420
10-06-2004, 04:13 AM
sadly my parents are dorks and both claim they never tried pot

TheDirtyB
10-06-2004, 05:10 AM
damn tell more. im 22 and want to know more stories from the old days

The C
10-06-2004, 05:27 AM
Liar.

TheDirtyB
10-06-2004, 06:14 PM
liar, why am i a liar???/

ickivicki
10-06-2004, 07:41 PM
that was a great story, I'd love to hear more some time.

hydro420
10-06-2004, 09:54 PM
dude i am high as hell right now and that was the funniest story i ahve ever heard

hydro420
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
dude post more of it
seriously

WeedUPmonk
10-07-2004, 11:10 AM
holy shit that was a crazy story. the funniest thing i eva read when stoned... whens chapter 2 due..? :eek:

koshea
10-08-2004, 05:39 AM
i have a story

one day my mom slipped up and i made her admit this story to me

she was 15 years old and her mom had been a life long cigg smoker. one day, she approached my mom with a quite odd request, she asked my mom (assuming she knew a dealer) to buy pot for them to both experiance togeather. my grandma gave my mom money and a few days later she came home with enough for a few j's. her and my grandmother smoked nearley every week for years and years...i cant see my grandma or mother as a pothead but i guess its the truth...my story is bunk compaired to the orriginal post but i wanted to share this

givemesomeweed
10-10-2004, 04:30 AM
that cow tipping shit was hillarious

radefactor
10-19-2004, 05:08 AM
amazing story, i loved every minute of it. i love reading tales of the past when smoking pot in the us was so liberal. now a days, my friend just got caught and he was thrown in rehab. lol, rehab for pot. cant wait for chapter two, again I love reading about the olden days. my dad has already told me lotsa stories, but yours all seem more exciting. :D love your post, thanks a bunch for taking the time to type out that long ass story.
later-radefactor

maryjanemama
10-19-2004, 12:22 PM
sadly my parents are dorks and both claim they never tried pot
Mine, too! I asked my mom if she thought about going to Woodstock in '69, cuz it all happened so close to us and she was like, "Those dirty hippies!" I asked her who her favorite singer/band was in the 60's and she said Paul Anka! Who the fuck is Paul Anka? :confused:

doctor G
10-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Paul Anka? oh my He was the same generation as Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, only they were cooler. He did some jazz but mostly pop (50's/60's) and "easy listening" not somethiing I am willing to listen to. I missed woodstock too I had to work on monday and I couldn't get a ride.......damn

sToNeDpEnGuIn420
10-21-2004, 03:20 AM
LMAO omg that was fucking awsome i want to try that gas mask shit, holy crap god ur so fucking cool doctor G lol anyways CHAPTER 2! CHAPTER 2!

The C
10-21-2004, 05:02 AM
Wow i cant bleieve your al falling for this b.s.

I don't eman to take a piss or anyhting, but wot are you all naive.

Teh whoel sound is not only ficuion but doesnt properly represtnteh time or palce, little to now specicifc are given and everythign that can traced to ant measure of fact is washed over in this "timeless 'old timey' nestagia(if that would eb the apporiate term)"
It's liek reading the bible. Geeze. It's a mush!

The C

Imotep
10-21-2004, 06:05 AM
cow tippings one thing.
sneakin up on the buggers awake and jumpin on their backs for a ride is another.
grab the bull by the horns lol
...but thats another story...saw, didnt do....

maryjanemama
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM
cow tippings one thing.
sneakin up on the buggers awake and jumpin on their backs for a ride is another.
grab the bull by the horns lol
...but thats another story...saw, didnt do....
Lol...and their ass was black and blue after that I bet! Who knew cows were actually so bony? Same here...didn't actually do it myself, laughed at the other fool for quite some time, though. :D

Doctor G, thanks for explaining more about Paul Anka...wish my parents had been cooler, I wouldn't have had to sneak around as much.

doctor G
10-21-2004, 11:02 PM
for chapter 2 see the post "fear adn loathing in grand island" then read 'more tales from the old daze" for more laughs see "would you like a bag with that?"
now Now I've got things to do.......
later all
doctor g

doctor G
10-22-2004, 01:25 AM
The C
if I understand your misspelled and disjointed post you donâ??t not believe this is a
true tale? For shame, I do not mention the town I grew up in because there are
still people there who are emparassed by what they did thirty six years ago. I have more respect for my friends than that. People that recognize them selves in these tales are grateful I do not give more information. I get the very distinct impression that you are more than a little jealous that you were not invited. If you donâ??t have a little less attitude and a little more faith you may miss out on a lot of intersting experiences in your future. Your loss......
doctor g

BHstoner
10-22-2004, 04:10 AM
great stories man, u should publish a book, and i a old gas mask that used to be my grandpa's can u teach me wut to do to make it into a pipe like that

The C
10-22-2004, 04:51 AM
The C
if I understand your misspelled and disjointed post you donâ??t not believe this is a
true tale? For shame, I do not mention the town I grew up in because there are
still people there who are emparassed by what they did thirty six years ago. I have more respect for my friends than that. People that recognize them selves in these tales are grateful I do not give more information. I get the very distinct impression that you are more than a little jealous that you were not invited. If you donâ??t have a little less attitude and a little more faith you may miss out on a lot of intersting experiences in your future. Your loss......
doctor g

1. if I understand your misspelled and disjointed post you donâ??t not believe this is a
true tale?
<--- Pls don't take a shot at my spelling, it's beyond the point.

2. I do not mention the town I grew up in because there are
still people there who are emparassed by what they did thirty six years ago.
<--- Your salreayd putting them at risk, seing as though you can be tracked to your home via I.P adress and certain internet ocmpanies have been known to divoldge such informamtion, nto only that but you are opening up your "freinds" to teh possiblity that if you were caught, thorugh whatever hacking method can determain your computer, then looking at your history your freinds are already at ricky, so if you cared fso much ambe it would have been wiser not to talk abotu fo people.
And if you do beleive that your are inconspicious enuff not to gett caught, then even a geral area, liek down south (a very unliekly palce for potsmokign 30 yrs ago btw, especaill y such reakless ness, seems more thena little far fetched.

3. Cow tipping is a myth, peopel who fial it claim they did it to lok tuff. Good luck pushign sucha heavy animal wihtotu it waking up.

4. For shame, gratefull, faith. All words you use to form an impression of aged wisdom, why dont us just ru for president and shout the same bulsshit there. I ay not be able to ask olitical figureis in person to stop a=manipulating masses but i can start here.

5. A little jealious? Attitude. I dont think either actually, but what do i know.

6. "Rick and I knew the trails like the local deer and we would bound along. Most of our closer friends could keep up, but newbees or friends of friends sometimes had problems." <--- Wow how small was your town anymore, was half the youth population smoking dope? Not voerly common, though it may seme so by the veyr convincing media projection.

Anyhow, i'm just saying i think your a liar, and i don't trust you. And i hope that perhaps some of my point will be reviewed and mabe someone esle wont be so duped.

The C Thing.

doctor G
10-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Interesting view point â??the câ?
I guess you couldnâ??t find a few like minds in a town of 60k? In a New England
community, close to NYC? Still canâ??t quite understand your point, didnâ??t like your
choice of words though, In forty years of making snap choices about human
behavior I have observed that people who fear something in other people suffer
from what they think they see. Makes me wonder what you do for a living?
Funny how you have to see something that is not there. Work on the spelling ,
itâ??s indicative of your mental processes, sloppy and inaccurate. This still a free
country if you donâ??t like it donâ??t read it, No reason to insult people you canâ??t
understand.
doctor g

sToNeDpEnGuIn420
10-27-2004, 04:56 AM
I read all ur other ones!!! EMAIL ME aT [email protected] plz i want more if u wont post them...plz i love read them!!

doctor G
10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
I know when Iâ??m being kidded, this is too much
OK OK youâ??ve compared my writing to the Bible ( I like the idea of being
Biblical), youâ??ve accused me of being a liar (offensive choice of words). Youâ??ve
said that some of the incidents I describe are not possible (city boy eh?). OK, you
have the right to hold an opinion. You are one voice out of many, in fact you
represent less than 1% of the responses I receive and much less than .1 % of
the people that read my stories. I wonder how you managed to miss the central
tenants of the Cannabis Culture; Peace, Love, and Understanding. Me? I am just
an old man who started smoking in 1968, I have four adult children and I do look
forward to smoking with my grandchildren when they reach 18. I have to thank
you for this conversation it brought to mind an experience I had in 1975 in
Wyoming: look for that tale in the near future.
In the mean time, PEACE, LOVE, and VOTE.
VOTE GREEN, VOTE LIBERTARIAN, VOTE DEMOCRATIC, VOTE
REPUBLICAN,
get out and let your opinion be known!!
doctor g
thanks to ALL the nice people

georgediez
10-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Doc,

I am new to Cannabis.com, specifically came here to hang out with people like you, and in the last two or so days I find your posts highly entertaining. I am also quite an oldster, by this forums standards, and have many similar tales, "no myth" Cow tipping specifically, from the more liberal days. I am a little younger than you, but "C" I think I have been smoking as long as you have been on this earth, judging from your attitude, what maybe 18 to 20 years. My older brother could drink beer in our high school parking lot as a senior, he was legally able to buy at 18 and this led to many more adventures in the olden days. It is somewhat possible that "C" hasn't even been to high school, judging from his spelling, and can't relate to some of these stories. It is a shame as you mentioned that he needs to insult and can't see the any value in this, I do and many others do as well. Please don't let trolls like this ruin your day and mine.

A liar? Seriously "C" what do you see as fiction in the docs post. Go back to school, work on your spelling and live a little. You may find value in what us oldsters have to say about the good ole days.

Doc, keep these great stories coming, you may even encourage some of us to write more about our experiences, which for nothin' else may improve our spelling!

G.

doctor G
10-28-2004, 10:58 AM
WoW,
Thanks George Diez. Thanks The old daze weren't all bad, or all that hazy. Thanks for the support. I know most of the kids love this stuff, glad to know my peers do as well. Thanks Man,Thanks
doctor g

LonerStoner
10-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Regardless of whether or not the doctor's story was 100% fact, which I have no reason to believe one way or the other, the man can tell a story. That's the important thing, so many people post their stories online that go something like:

"Dude, me an my boyz got this dank ass shit and smoked it and got all fucked up an decided to fuck a goat!"

The ability to tell a story is becoming a lost art, and I for one appreciate a glimpse of the past through the eyes of a gifted storyteller, embellishments and all.

And as for him taking a dig at The C's spelling, c'mon man, it's not that hard to read what you've just written and correct any errors. Some of that shit is downright indecipherable!

I look forward to Ch. 2, regardless of whether or not it is based entirely on historically accurate occurances or not. Tell on doctor, I'm all ears (or eyes I suppose)!

Peas out :D

doctor G
10-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Another positive review. Thanks! Did you catch "Tales from the old Daze" I didn't see a "loner stoner" comment on that one.
REPLIES PLEASE: I have two in the pipline The story of a tupperweed party, or the story of an arrest in Wyoming. Actually I wrote something else last night but I haven't knocked it into shape So what would you folks like to hear? Tupperweed? Busted in the Cowboy State? I'm gone for the weekend again so look for a new post 11/01/04

Encatuse
10-30-2004, 06:24 PM
-laughs- The C, you need to chill. True or not that story was damn cool. Avent you ever heard the phrase "If you dont have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? There's no consequence if he aint tellin the truth except maybe you end up believing something that will never in your future effect oyu. Anyway, be troll somewhere else.
Thanks for the damn good read! True or not. Ive gotta go take my pizza outta the oven, its beepin and ive got some mad munchies.

E-

Button Basher
10-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Lol, i'm on holiday in Bahrain right now and went to the desert with my family yesterday for a barbecue/bonfire etc.
It was the ultimate smoking location EVER. Phat views that disappeared into nothingness with mountains and abandoned oil refineries all around, nothing to be heard anywhere and the sun going down slowly. It was crazy but I had no draw whatsoever so I sent my mate a text on my mum's phone telling him about it.
Anyway this morning she said 'I read that text you sent' and gave me a look. I said "What? All I said was it was the ultimate bunning spot!". She held the look for a while and eventually said "Well, I guess it was, I mean you had the huge views and the sun and everything, plus it was so quiet." :D
Was funny, but she doesn't care that much I smoke 'cause she admits to doing it at my age. How much is the question :p !

Button Basher
10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Wow i cant bleieve your al falling for this b.s.

I don't eman to take a piss or anyhting, but wot are you all naive.

Teh whoel sound is not only ficuion but doesnt properly represtnteh time or palce, little to now specicifc are given and everythign that can traced to ant measure of fact is washed over in this "timeless 'old timey' nestagia(if that would eb the apporiate term)"
It's liek reading the bible. Geeze. It's a mush!

The C

Man shut up. Doctor G is the king and a great writer, even if it isn't true. Just accept the fact that not all weed stories have to revolve around "BEING SO HIGH.HAHAHAHA.LMFAO!!!!!!111"

Fool ass :p !