PDA

View Full Version : I have to re-evaluate. What would u do?

elcheapo
07-15-2006, 02:19 AM
I have been growing in a rented apartment for 9 months without problem. Now a neighbor who is also the owner has just moved in next to me. His apartment has been vacant for years. Until now I have only seen a light on in there twice in about 5 years. Which was great for me!
I have 7 plants in various stages of growth. The large plant is a homemade hybrid in late flowering which stinks to high heaven! This smell is like nothing I've ever come across and is much too strong to mask without using a carbon scrubber. I also have an under the door light leak in the flowering room which would be visible if someone was to peer under my main back door. This back door is adjacent to the owners. Due to odor and the fact this light leak may have been noticed whilst I'm away on the weekend is a little worrying.
Anyway, I checked my mail and there was a letter from the agency requesting a key as they don't currently have one to my apartment. So I have a feeling that the owner is suspicious and wants to check it out for himself therefore has requested a key. I spoke to the agency and they expressed an interest in also doing an inspection as I've never had one in all the years I've been here. They said 'so you wouldn't mind if we popped in while you weren't around'. After nearly passing out I said I'd need to be there as I just don't feel comfortable with people passing through unannouced. :)
I plan to give them a copy of the key within the week.
I'm using CFL lighting and hydro at the moment. I'm also just starting to germinate some chilli's and grape tomatoes.
What should I do? I'm thinking of early harvesting the 'stinker', packing up the flowering room stuff and drying the harvest in the boot of my car. Also, I will take a clone from my fav 2 homemade hybrid strains. I have seeds so it's not a complete loss if I have to chuck everything. I think I can get away with leaving my little veg box as long as it doesn't have MJ growing in it. But my germinating grape tomatoes won't be above the medium for another 2 weeks. So I'm thinking it would be better to get rid of everything so as to not cause suspicion that would result in curiosity from the owner or ongoing inspections from the agency.
I also have a pc/webcam setup so I can remotely monitor the place and record any motion that is sensed. Should I just monitor the place and continue on as normal after giving them the key? Or should I just chuck everything, ask them to do an inspection then re-consider starting again at a later date?
shitshitshitshitshitshitshit!

walterpklondike
07-15-2006, 03:05 AM
um,pack it up here in the states or atleast washington and oklahoma the land lord must give 24 hr notice before entering,you being present isnt mandatory. I wouldnt want the owner of a flat that i lived in being within the building daily.

jamstigator
07-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Ugh, that sucks. To be safe, I don't see that you have much alternative to tearing down and restarting again after the inspection. That's what I'd do if I were you. Better to be without pot and free than keep growing and end up in jail.

BlueBear
07-15-2006, 01:50 PM
If he is going to be liveing there now and having a key I would really think about moveing if your not going to shut down shop for good. If you get caught you will wish that you would have done one of the two, move or quit. When growing, when in doubt pack up.
Adieu

orangeman
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Damn that sucks. Just get a lock for that specific room. Living in an apartment must suck with all that inspection and random popping up.

hydroponicphx
07-15-2006, 05:06 PM
For those of you living in apartments...how often do the landlords, etc. come by?

stinkyattic
07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Can you get your paws on some legitimate vegetables that are old enough to swap them out in your system and make it look like that's all you've got growing? Around here, garden centers still have tons of 12" tall herbs and such. You could probably get away with washing all the dirt off the roots, plopping them in some hydroton, and putting them in your system just before the landlord shows up. The big problem would be what to do with your babies! I'm afraid that taking them out of the system for even a few hours would be too much of a shock. Maybe a BIG rubbermaid tub with some moisture in it to put them in- close it up, put a basket of dirty socks on top of it- and be there- the landlord isn't going to be opening boxes with you standing over him. I'm a landlord myself. I leave my tenant's shit ALONE. What I don't know won't bite me in the ass.

ronjohn420
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
hey man i agree with all above statements saying that you need to "PACK THE HELL UP" if he is suspicious he will BE LOOKING FOR MJ or any signs of anything being grown indoors, ive been in the can for shit like this..... when its time in jail... ALWAYS BE SAFE AND PACK UP, as a grower myself, thats exactly what i'd do

XroadsterX
07-20-2006, 10:42 PM
so what was the outcome of this????? did you end up giving him a key? did you pack up????

Weed4Life
07-21-2006, 01:51 AM
I would probably just put a new lock on the door you dont want him to come into. When I was in an apartment, the only time the landlord came was if I called and had a problem. Did they say he wanted to inspect it? I think in every state they have to give you atleast 24hrs notice.

elcheapo
08-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all your responses and advice guys. Much appreciated.
Sorry my response is a little slow as I've had a lot going on.

I ended up early harvesting and packing away everything but the small veg box. I left the tomatoes growing in there. I also took a few cuttings from a good strain. I've decided if I only have one small plant going at a time then hiding it in an emergency or getting busted is something I'm prepared to deal with. I've handed over a copy of the key and haven't seen or heard anything since. So basically I performed a pre-emptive strike but feel a lot better for doing it. I am now thinking of ideas to make a complete small stealth unit with a lockable door and a carbon scrubber.

The harvest from the 'stinker' plant is unbelievable. It is a real creeper that doesn't stop. I'm actually a little scared of it. The first time I tried it, I hit 3 pipes fairly close together. Then about 15 mins later my body started to shut down. I went pale white, numb, felt dizzy and sick in the stomach. So the next night I took some to a mates place and we had a pipe each. A few minutes later he went to pack a pipe of a different mix. I told him just to hold off for a little while. Well about 15mins later we were both wreaked and it still continued to come on stronger. Needless to say, neither of us had another pipe that night.

This is a picture of the â??stinkerâ?? just prior to harvest, after fan leaves had been cut off.

budtime
08-05-2006, 09:16 AM
cut em down, its not worth it. Iv lost sveral crops cos of inspections, occupational hazard