PDA

View Full Version : Retail Store vs. Online Buying?

hydroponicphx
07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I went to the retail hydro store in my area today, and their prices are OUTRAGEOUS! Almost $50 more expensive for the exact same 250Watt HPS I found at bghydro.com. Most everything there is really overpriced, I understand making a profit, but I also don't have a huge budget. What I was wondering is how I should order stuff online? I know a credit card isnt a good idea...but I think I'm going to have to end up using it. How many people order products online without trouble? Just looking for advice/experience with this...the beginning of my grow is approaching :D
Thanks!

yabatab
07-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Go to Lowes or the home improvment outlet store in your area.

m.g.
07-15-2006, 03:11 AM
keep in mind the s/h charges for doing mail order biz too. hid's are pretty damn heavy when it comes to mailing them and shippers charge by weight and box size.

stinkyattic
07-17-2006, 03:02 PM
keep in mind the s/h charges for doing mail order biz too. hid's are pretty damn heavy when it comes to mailing them and shippers charge by weight and box size.

That's an excellent point. The retail store is cheaper for some things since they get big bulk orders delivered freight.

When I ordered my Hydroton online, it was like $5 cheaper a bag than the retail place. Imagine the shock when I saw the $150 shipping charge!!!

The hydro shop is also indispensable for advice.

latewood
07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I use my card at bghydro...never had a problem, and there is no better service in the industry...peace

azure
07-17-2006, 08:16 PM
i dont see the problem in using a card online

orangeman
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I use my card at bghydro...never had a problem, and there is no better service in the industry...peace

Well if you order from that site with a card, I will too :p.

latewood
07-18-2006, 04:02 AM
basically, unless they already know...and are building a case, which means they have warrants...Unless they are already at that stage? No one is going to put a tag on an order here and there for grow equipment. By all consensus with people I know in the business, this is an up and coming industry with new curious minded growers popping up everyday...peace

Keep in mind, You need to keep your conversation's with the clerk at an appropriate level...don't put them in an awkward situation...peace:)